Page 1 of 1
Incorrect Villain Elements?
LameLime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1200
#1 Posted: 02:33:43 02/07/2015 | Topic Creator
Am I not the only one who thought Dreamcatcher would've been a Magic doom raider?

What other flaws are there...
---
NOSTALGA-LANDERS COLLECTION (Spyro's Adventure)
30/32 Skylanders -- 4/4 Levels -- 8/9 Items (Includes VV)
Missing: smilie smilie + Ghost Swords
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#2 Posted: 06:16:58 02/07/2015
Flaw: 6 villains in three core elements, 3 in one core element and 4 in four core elements as well as both new elements.

Ideally (to me), there would have been 5 per core element (with new Magic Doom Raider) and 3 in each of the new elements. Also, reduced number of core element traps from 6 to 5 to fit with number of villains. 3 light/dark traps would be sufficient, rather than too few.

Same amount as before (apart from added Doom Raider), but better distributed.
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#3 Posted: 11:42:22 02/07/2015
Dreamcatchers have kind of a wind motif(it's why she floats side to side like a pendulum, if you tie one up in some windy place it's going to do that) and she uses tornadoes, so not really.

What does look a bit like a sorta rushed thing is Bomb Shell on Magic. You could say the purple fire is magical but it wasn't implied for one second, he feels like he'd be better at Tech or Fire - though I can see why he was moved out of the former, that one has already way too many villains.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:43:42 02/07/2015 by Bifrost
Nroc-Nuika Platinum Sparx Gems: 5336
#4 Posted: 13:38:58 02/07/2015
Brawlrus qualifies as Tech because he has a cannon? But it shoots starfish. Not cyborg starfish, regular, squishy starfish.
Yet Brawl and Chain qualifies as water because...? Hooked metal balls on the end of a retracting chain screams water of course.

Aside from him shooting water arrows, why is Cross Crow water? Why was Threat Pack water? I guess because his jet pack runs on steam? Or Tussle Sprout being earth when he's a walking talking cabbage? What about Eye Five being light and Fisticuffs being dark?

I don't feel like many of the villains fall into the element they're assigned. Perhaps it was because they weren't initially designed to be given an element, or maybe they've all been rejigged a lot. I don't know.
---
I always forget to check my guestbook
#5 Posted: 15:49:01 02/07/2015
Some were very likely existing enemy designs made playable with element being kind of an afterthought. If you have little time to actually fill up every element you gotta start using what you have, and time definately was an issue in TT's development.
---
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#6 Posted: 17:31:53 02/07/2015
Also, found this poster at the local TRU, with an interesting detail I have overlooked since it was put up before the game launched.

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

Kaos Trap with Magic symbol. Someone here have probably posted something like this before, but I hadn't noticed until now. I have heard that he was supposed to be Magic, but not found proof of it before.
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
ladala Yellow Sparx Gems: 1935
#7 Posted: 20:20:57 02/07/2015
Quote: Nightmoon
Also, found this poster at the local TRU, with an interesting detail I have overlooked since it was put up before the game launched.

[snip]

Kaos Trap with Magic symbol. Someone here have probably posted something like this before, but I hadn't noticed until now. I have heard that he was supposed to be Magic, but not found proof of it before.

That's interesting! I'd heard the "Kaos is Magic" theory before, but I thought it was just a fan-theory. Would explain why Magic has so few villains, and is the only element to lack a Doom Raider!
---
Thank you for releasing me!
#8 Posted: 20:33:44 02/07/2015
He also activates Magic symbols in the Academy dice, so it was a last-minute change(and if it had the Kaos sculpt,he probably was still exclusive to that trap, but maybe the new symbol was to differentiate him from villains not allied to the Darkness) most likely.
---
ladala Yellow Sparx Gems: 1935
#9 Posted: 20:38:12 02/07/2015
Quote: Bifrost
He also activates Magic symbols in the Academy dice

Hmm... In my copy (Wii U) the dice keep spinning when Kaos is nearby. Wonder if the Wii U version was finished later than some of the others? Like how the Wii SSA was more polished because the ports were from an earlier version.
---
Thank you for releasing me!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:39:05 02/07/2015 by ladala
Nroc-Nuika Platinum Sparx Gems: 5336
#10 Posted: 00:16:35 03/07/2015
Enter his stat screen and back out while standing near a element dice. It'll immediately spin to Magic. This was an oversight on TFB's part.
---
I always forget to check my guestbook
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#11 Posted: 10:47:51 03/07/2015
Well, Eye Five uses electricity to charge himself up and Threat Pack uses a water-powered jetpack and shoots water projectiles (I think).

But yes some villains definitely don't suit their Elements.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
SkylanderGoo Yellow Sparx Gems: 1195
#12 Posted: 12:54:46 03/07/2015
That's probably why they give you the option to change the villains element
#13 Posted: 12:55:59 03/07/2015
Threatpack uses steam-based equipment iirc. Very hard to tell with it being so small but his effects are a bit like Chill Bill's.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:56:20 03/07/2015 by Bifrost
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#14 Posted: 08:35:01 06/07/2015
Quote: SkylanderGoo

Wait... What?
Did I miss some important feature...? :/
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#15 Posted: 15:34:34 06/07/2015
Quote: Drek95
Quote: SkylanderGoo

Wait... What?
Did I miss some important feature...? :/

I'm pretty sure that SkylanderGoo is confused, as presently there isn't any way to change a villain's elemental alignment. Whatever the gold version of the game defined them as, that's what they're stuck as so far as non-developers are concerned.

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
Sworn2Skylands Yellow Sparx Gems: 1353
#16 Posted: 23:19:47 07/07/2015
Quote: LameLime
Am I not the only one who thought Dreamcatcher would've been a Magic doom raider?

No, you're not. I thought about this a couple of months ago, and I agree that this makes almost as much sense. If it weren't for the fact that she attacked with twisters, it would make more sense.

I think Masker Mind also could have just as easily been magic elemental, and while I get why, Tussle Sprout really should have been life elemental in my opinion (even though there were already 6 life elementals). Blaster-Tron seems more like tech than like light (again, even though there are 6 tech elementals) and did anyone else think Brawlrus and Brawl and Chain should have switched elements with each other?

Sorry if I'm repeating what anyone else said.
TheSpyrofan12 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#17 Posted: 16:16:15 08/07/2015
Flaw: Three different traps for Light and Dark, but four villains for both elements.
---
Bring the Fanta
ppmdoesskylands Green Sparx Gems: 258
#18 Posted: 13:17:34 18/07/2015
Quote: Sworn2Skylands
Quote: LameLime

No, you're not. I thought about this a couple of months ago, and I agree that this makes almost as much sense. If it weren't for the fact that she attacked with twisters, it would make more sense.

I think Masker Mind also could have just as easily been magic elemental, and while I get why, Tussle Sprout really should have been life elemental in my opinion (even though there were already 6 life elementals). Blaster-Tron seems more like tech than like light (again, even though there are 6 tech elementals) and did anyone else think Brawlrus and Brawl and Chain should have switched elements with each other?

Sorry if I'm repeating what anyone else said.

the reason blaster-tron is in light is because of his laserlight forcefield and his laserlight cannon
---
No Pie, No Glory!
Read my story! The Drow Mage
anyone else think gold is stupid?
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me