Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
How was it like... [CLOSED]
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5694
#1 Posted: 20:07:32 01/07/2015 | Topic Creator
When you got your wisdom teeth out? Want to know why I ask this question? Well, I got them out today and may I say, after about 4 hours, I feel better. Still feel weak, and I still use gauze to staunch the bleeding, and am rather disappointed I can't eat some of my favorite foods for a while, but other than that, I'm fine.

When I arrived at the surgical office around 7:00 AM, I was somewhat nervous, and when I went into the room around 15 minutes afterward, they put me under, and what felt like a minute later, I had gauze in my mouth, and was extremely groggy. I was assisted over into the recovery room, and gradually overcome the sedative, which put me out for half an hour. It was a good thing I took care of my teeth well, or else I might've felt worse in my mouth.

After ten minutes or so, me and my mom left, and I was consistently seeing double on the road ahead, as if my eyes couldn't quite get what they were seeing aligned, and it happened for quite a lot. When I got to my grandma's house (my own house is really noisy, and wouldn't be ideal for recovery), I was fed a yogurt, as my lips were still numb from the surgery, and after my medication, I fell asleep. About an hour later, I woke up, but fell asleep again for another three hours. I woke up once again to have a breakfast milk drink and a pudding, having some more pain medication, and soon afterward I returned home, feeling overall far better than before. But, no solid food for a while my gums heal over, so that is something I'll have to deal with.

How was it like after you got your wisdom teeth out? I may have had it better than others, so it would be nice to know if I could have had it better or worse.
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6606
#2 Posted: 22:39:33 01/07/2015
I'm getting my out in July. Luckily, I only have 3. But I'm still worried ^.^b
---
Gay 4 GARcher
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#3 Posted: 10:36:43 02/07/2015
I never ever had my teeth pulled . Mother Nature gave us those teeth for a reason .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5694
#4 Posted: 12:35:02 02/07/2015 | Topic Creator
@DragonCamo

Yeah, I was really worried before I got mine out. But the surgery itself is nothing to worry about, as they will usually put you under sedative, and make you sleep so you won't feel a thing, just the pinch of the IV they put in your arm. That is what outs you to sleep though. But believe me, it can be hard recovering. But as long as you keep on top of the medication, and keep using gauze to absorb and blood where the teeth where until it clots, you'll do fine!

@Dark fhoenix

Yeah not everybody needs their teeth pulled. The teeth sometimes take a very long time to surface, like when you are in your late thirties or older, or your mouth would have enough room to have them. But, most people have to have them pulled, or else their teeth would scrunch together, and it can be really painful.

We actually had adapted them because before we had invented good dental care for our teeth, we lost quite a few through cavities or good diets, and so the wisdom teeth was nature's way of giving us replacement teeth. But, we have since gotten better, and we usually don't have a use for them any more.
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#5 Posted: 03:33:07 03/07/2015
Mine are just popping out *********************************************
---
My life is complete.
thumper Ripto Gems: 3519
#6 Posted: 01:11:47 05/07/2015
I had my wisdom teeth taken out after I graduated from High School. I worked full time and did not have days that I could take off so I opt to have one tooth taken out every week for four weeks. Instead of being sedated all that was used was Novocaine. In all seriousness I had no narcotics meds, I only took Tylenol for the discomfort.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery. ^.^
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#7 Posted: 04:57:01 05/07/2015
i had jaw surgery when i was 16 because it was out of alignment (and was really hurting me), so they took my wisdom teeth out then while they doing the surgery. so i never got to worry about this issue lol.

lmao i'm one lucky bastard. also i've saved a lot of money
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 04:58:02 05/07/2015 by DarkCynder_543
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#8 Posted: 06:10:27 05/07/2015
Quote: zookinator

We actually had adapted them because before we had invented good dental care for our teeth, we lost quite a few through cavities or good diets, and so the wisdom teeth was nature's way of giving us replacement teeth. But, we have since gotten better, and we usually don't have a use for them any more.

Stupid nature. It should've just given us a second set of baby teeth that we lose in our thirties or forties.
---
Boop me if you see this.
AvatariDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 6085
#9 Posted: 06:48:35 05/07/2015
Mine haven't even grown in all the way yet.
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8459
#10 Posted: 20:38:45 11/07/2015
Never had any. Never will.
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8532
#11 Posted: 22:34:34 11/07/2015
Won't need to. My dentist has told me that I have a big mouth to have them in w/o them getting removed.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:35:11 11/07/2015 by JCW555
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#12 Posted: 23:21:16 11/07/2015
I might not even have wisdom teeth.
shroom boom Emerald Sparx Gems: 3133
#13 Posted: 23:51:35 12/07/2015
ive never had them removed... at least I think I haven't.
---
103 skylanders in total SSA:31/32 SG:26/30 SSF:39/56
Big Green Platinum Sparx Gems: 6345
#14 Posted: 00:29:09 13/07/2015
i don't remember much from the morning when i had mine removed, i don't remember the car ride home or anything and i slept a lot that day....i found a selfie i took in the car on the way back but i have no memory of taking it
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me