First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Base Color
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#51 Posted: 23:40:18 03/07/2015
Lightcore didn't do a thing for me. Shiney objects? Wow.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#52 Posted: 23:48:13 03/07/2015
And that's why I never bought a single Lightcore outside of the Giants.
But it was still a new and "innovative" tech back then and overall gave a much magical feel to the figures.

But to each his own.
What I'm saying is that those engines aren't objectively anything worth a higher price.
And since I don't need more SuperChargers outside of the one that comes in the Starter Pack, why would I need to pay more for literally nothing more than what I already have (in terms of special features)?

Don't want to sound whiney and give Activision weird ideas like last year but... Really that higher price isn't justified based on what we know so far.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5355
#53 Posted: 23:58:04 03/07/2015
That's the great thing about Superchargers. You don't need to buy any extra Superchargers. Not a single one. All you need to buy is two extra vehicles and you can 100% the game. So if the Superchargers on their own aren't worth the 13 bucks to you, you don't have to buy them. Unlike last time where we had to buy nine extra Trap Masters plus a bunch of traps.

As for special features, you still need a Supercharger if you want a supercharged vehicle. And if it's true that only Superchargers can mod vehicles, then you'll need to play as a Supercharger if you want to mod a vehicle while you're driving (which I imagine will be much more convenient than simply modding a vehicle beforehand and sticking with it for the entire course).
---
Boop me if you see this.
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 00:03:27 04/07/2015 by Muffin Man
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10026
#54 Posted: 00:01:26 04/07/2015
I just hope the mods save even if it's currently a mix of Supercharger and normal mods. It'd be a bit much to switch every time back to the Supercharger when you want to have that set again, especially if that guy gets defeated halfway through the level.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#55 Posted: 00:31:22 04/07/2015
Quote: Bifrost
I just hope the mods save even if it's currently a mix of Supercharger and normal mods. It'd be a bit much to switch every time back to the Supercharger when you want to have that set again, especially if that guy gets defeated halfway through the level.

Pretty sure Lou said that the SuperCharged mods are permanently unlocked after pairing the vehicle with its signature driver, so, probably.
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
superhalite Blue Sparx Gems: 970
#56 Posted: 04:46:11 04/07/2015
Quote: Drek95
And they have to charge them more because...?

I only need my Spitfire to mod all the vehicles.
Why do I need to pay more for characters which don't do more?

And before you say "Giants were the same" they also had a lightcore technology inside them.
SuperChargers...?
Fancy bronze engine.
Cool, uh?

Not to mention the Giants are huge and much stronger than other skylanders and have effects on the terrain which make them a different gaming experiencesmilie
---
We rely too much on technology yes that is true,but it's not going anywhere.
#57 Posted: 22:10:45 04/07/2015
Not only that but they were also kinda worth that price.

Giants and SuperChargers are both a one-character gimmick: you only need one of both to truly experience the change.
Even if not considering the fact SuperChargers are special ONLY when paired with vehicles and probably won't offer anything new in terms of classic gameplay (another not so good precedent in my opinion) they have no excuse to have a high price.

Just like Trap Masters.
Except they were needed because of a stupid choice.

I don't need more SuperChargers unless you want all the pairings.
So, again... Why would I want to pay more for a practically regular Core character...?
That's what I want to know.
I hope the answer is not "because of the engine, is cool!".
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#58 Posted: 22:47:44 04/07/2015
Giants were no more than a field test saying "if we make your skylander bigger, will you pay more?" They used that on Trap Team...sure they buffed the stats...but seriously some of the Trap Team guys are wimps next to the trapped villains...
LameLime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1200
#59 Posted: 00:10:06 05/07/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: newkill
You should have been more clear that you were talking about the base of the packaging and not the toy.

Sorry for the late response, but this was my first post on this topic:

Quote: LameLime
You probably have noticed this before, but the main solid color of the bases for SSC is confirmed to be yellow. The E3 Hot Streak packaging had a solid yellow bottom side, also we all know the engine bases are yellow/gold. So yeah, this game's color is yellow.
---
NOSTALGA-LANDERS COLLECTION (Spyro's Adventure)
30/32 Skylanders -- 4/4 Levels -- 8/9 Items (Includes VV)
Missing: smilie smilie + Ghost Swords
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5355
#60 Posted: 05:50:58 05/07/2015
Quote: Drek95
Not only that but they were also kinda worth that price.

Giants and SuperChargers are both a one-character gimmick: you only need one of both to truly experience the change.
Even if not considering the fact SuperChargers are special ONLY when paired with vehicles and probably won't offer anything new in terms of classic gameplay (another not so good precedent in my opinion) they have no excuse to have a high price.

Just like Trap Masters.
Except they were needed because of a stupid choice.

I don't need more SuperChargers unless you want all the pairings.
So, again... Why would I want to pay more for a practically regular Core character...?
That's what I want to know.
I hope the answer is not "because of the engine, is cool!".

You also have to take into account inflation. Maybe the reason they are eliminating Cores is simply because that pricepoint is no longer profitable enough for them, especially since Disney Infinity and Amiibo are selling so well at higher pricepoints. Superchargers are essentially a way to mask inflation. Toylines do it all the time by changing and removing pricepoints and gimmicks and whatnot.
---
Boop me if you see this.
#61 Posted: 09:24:53 05/07/2015
Honestly I think they could be going in the right direction.

I don't care that much for different toys (Swappers and Trap Masters honestly really annoyed me with their different sizes but at least in the first case they were somehow justified by a different and innovative tech... The latters could have easily had some dynamic lightcore functionalities but nope, they were just big Cores) neither for "innovation" outside the game unless it is something along the lines of swappability or maybe something even better.

They didn't need to create a special set of Skylanders las year even if motivated by the lore and could have simply created 36 new Cores to get along with traps.
Trap Master will probably be nothing special now that trappable villains are gone and this really, really disappoints me.

So if they could simply create a certain number of Cores (I'd say 18/36) and then make some of those Skylanders special inside the game I could accept paying a bit more for them because they would actually give me more.
No gimmicks, no cheap way to seem new just Cores which look normal but have special unique abilities which really impact the gameplay.

I have yet to feel it since Giants (Swappers kinda made me feel it but only when swapped): strong, huge titans which make everything shake and crumble simply by walking, can destroy objects and smaller enemies by stepping on them, have the strenght to lift up giant boulders and throw them and even to crush special walls.
I want to feel that diversity again without tricks and gimmicks, in the classic on-feet gameplay.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:16:29 05/07/2015 by Drek95
superhalite Blue Sparx Gems: 970
#62 Posted: 17:01:37 05/07/2015
If the price is because they want slightly bigger profits, I'm fine with that. If it is because the bronze motor, that will make very disappointed. They have no affects in the game other than pairing, and the only thing "cool and unique" about them is the motors? Honestly at this rate they will put a skylander on a stone slab and say it's a gimmick.
---
We rely too much on technology yes that is true,but it's not going anywhere.
#63 Posted: 17:11:35 05/07/2015
Yep.

I sincerely would have been less annoyed (not happy for sure but still) if they flat out said they simply needed to increases their price.
No need to add those useless things under the characters.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
FireMeowth Emerald Sparx Gems: 3230
#64 Posted: 17:43:59 05/07/2015
I still don't understand where the assumption that the engines had anything to do with the price increase came from.
It's just there to make them look cooler and distinguish them from the previous figurines, surely?
#65 Posted: 18:28:28 05/07/2015
It's only an exaggeration to say they don't really have anything else to justify that price.

They are slightly special Cores.
Nothing more.
Nothing to justify 13$/€.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me