darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Late to the party - Help! What are the rares?
Page 1 of 1
Late to the party - Help! What are the rares?
dios Yellow Sparx Gems: 1487
#1 Posted: 00:27:18 29/06/2015 | Topic Creator
I picked up the Nitros and exclusive traps as they released because, obviously, those will turn rare, but I missed the 8-pack, which seems to be rare. I'm seen regular Krypt King mentioned as a rare. What else should I be on the lookout for?
Pacifickarma Yellow Sparx Gems: 1268
#2 Posted: 01:49:41 29/06/2015
I think that Wallop tends to be fairly rare.
Dahvoo Emerald Sparx Gems: 3914
#3 Posted: 14:43:23 29/06/2015
I'd add Wildfire and Gearshift (along with Krypt King and Wallop) as being somewhat uncommon compared to the other Trap Masters. It really depends on where you look.

I'd also say grab the Dark and Light element expansion packs if you see them, those can be hard to find.

Blackout and Spotlight seemed to be the hardest cores to find.
---
SSA: 37/37; SG: 99/99; SSF: 174/174; STT: 254/254 & 59/59 Traps; SSC: 294/294 & 32/32 Vehicles; SI: 338/339 & 29/34 Crystals. MAX Imaginator Level: 59
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#4 Posted: 15:15:05 29/06/2015
Honestly? I know this is going to sound like a smartmouthed answer, but it's whatever you can't find in your area. I've seen too many threads about this where people say one this is rare and others say they're overflowing with it. Without being able to say for certain, I'd say that the Light/Dark adventure packs and anything that was released in wave 1 or 2 which didn't get reshuffled into a later case pack (Krypt King & Wallop being good examples). I'd say that most traps outside of various water traps are going to be very hit and miss to pick up at this point, but as I said earlier, it's really dependent on your area. What you might not be able to find, someone else might have pegs and pegs of. Good luck finishing up!

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
megaman312 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1019
#5 Posted: 15:42:17 29/06/2015
Life trap are also pretty common from what I have seen, but nowhere near as common as the water traps.
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#6 Posted: 16:00:28 29/06/2015
When i buy rares sooner or later i want the normal ones too . Never the other way around .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
Alphawolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1692
#7 Posted: 20:25:38 29/06/2015
i agree with darkchylde, in my area wildfire, wallop and krypt king are the rares. i got them all already and the 3 trap master im missing (lobstar, gearshift and ka-boom) are more common in my area. wallop was hard to find for me but gamestop, for some reason, i seem to have the best luck in, i think they backstock alot of the figures and you cant sell what customers dont see.
INTIMIDAT3R Blue Sparx Gems: 857
#8 Posted: 23:28:07 29/06/2015
Rare is anything you can't find.
---
"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."--- 2 Timothy 4:7
dios Yellow Sparx Gems: 1487
#9 Posted: 19:33:34 30/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Thanks for the input.

General reply: Yes, got it, rare is what you can't find. I suppose I should have asked, which items are worth going out of my usual routes to pick up? The expansion packs (and I think the 8-pack?) are the obvious candidates for this, as is regular Krypt King. Thanks for the consensus answer!

@Davhoo, Wildfire added to my list of ones to check. You're correct - he's out of stock in my local area so I will have to go slightly out of my way for him.

@Doug, thanks for giving your "smart mouthed answer" AND following it up with something a little more tangible and useful. I've already commented on that in my general reply, but I wanted to note that I didn't mind your "smart mouthed answer" since it was followed up with a (for lack of a better term) "real" answer. We all end up in a position like this sometimes, where we need to make sure someone is thinking straight before we actually answer their question. You've done that admirably. Thanks.

@megaman, could be because Life and Water are in the starter packs?

@Dark fhoenix, I should have mentioned, I'm a collector, so I do want everything. I'm just trying to get a handle on which items I should go out of my way for as I can plan to pick up the commons and uncommons I need at those stops too. Admittedly I forgot to say that in the OP.

@alpha, agreed. I have a weird relationship with GS. Like you say, they typically have good stock, but I generally have less-than-desirable experiences in GS. However, my local store is run by a non-gaming grandmother who makes sure her employees keep the customers happy, and she seems more or less knowledgeable about the latest and upcoming releases of games etc., so I really like my local store, but ya know. It's weird.
HuskerfanChuck Yellow Sparx Gems: 1225
#10 Posted: 21:21:15 30/06/2015
Actually surprised no one has mentioned Echo. One of the tougher to locate for us, along with Wallop and Wildfire.
---
HuskerfanChuck

Repping the Light, Huskers, and Nebraska!
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#11 Posted: 21:31:16 30/06/2015
Quote: HuskerfanChuck
Actually surprised no one has mentioned Echo. One of the tougher to locate for us, along with Wallop and Wildfire.

Honestly? As short packed as she's been across both releases she's seen, I've seen quite a few of her on shelves and am always seeming to bump into her. I'm not sure if my area is weird or people are just uneducated about how awesome she is on her bubble patch, but she's been much easier to find than many others (light/dark cores & adventure packs, etc.).

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
HuskerfanChuck Yellow Sparx Gems: 1225
#12 Posted: 21:51:26 30/06/2015
That was the first one I had seen in this area. But I also haven't seen any of Spotlight or Blackout either, true.
---
HuskerfanChuck

Repping the Light, Huskers, and Nebraska!
The Collecter Yellow Sparx Gems: 1165
#13 Posted: 22:08:27 30/06/2015
If you don't mind preowned, Gamestop is starting a buy two get one free on preowned products tomorrow (today for powerup members). When I bought my copy Trap Team in May they had this sale running, it was a great way to stock up on cores and trap masters. I use their app on my phone to locate which stores have what, I have about 8 stores within about 10-15 miles from me which helps find skylanders easier too.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me