Page 1 of 1
Size of the Superchargers ?
JewelScratch Blue Sparx Gems: 523
#1 Posted: 05:11:42 27/06/2015 | Topic Creator
How big or small are they actually , they obviously seem smaller than Trap Masters and Giants, are they the size of swappers or are they the size of cores or somewhere in between?

Note: Don't consider the engine pedestal since it's not part of the character , I'm talking about the characters themselves.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#2 Posted: 05:32:23 27/06/2015
They're about the same size as some of the Cores without the pedestals.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:40:44 27/06/2015 by Aura24
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5355
#3 Posted: 06:43:17 27/06/2015
They will probably be the smallest of the gimmicklanders since they are taking the place of Cores this time around while the vehicles are taking the place of gimmicklanders.
---
Boop me if you see this.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#4 Posted: 07:25:42 27/06/2015
Yet for the "gimmick" these are just plastic with no "technology" in them, yet between these "gimmick" landers and vehicles will run us 25%-50% more than for a core.
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#5 Posted: 15:03:49 27/06/2015
They seem right around Swap Force sized to me.
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#6 Posted: 15:31:58 27/06/2015
The actual toy looks like it's about the size of a Swapper, but in-game they're the size of a core

Quote: TakeYourLemons
Yet for the "gimmick" these are just plastic with no "technology" in them, yet between these "gimmick" landers and vehicles will run us 25%-50% more than for a core.

Wow... That's a really good point..
#7 Posted: 15:51:32 27/06/2015
Quote: Badwolfmichael
The actual toy looks like it's about the size of a Swapper, but in-game they're the size of a core

Wow... That's a really good point..

Yeah but it's not new. Giants and Trap Masters were the same price yet Trap Masters don't light up like their cousins (Giants). It's crappy but there you go. I still think the Super Chargers "look" physically bigger than a core but I'll have to wait and see the side by side comparisons.
#8 Posted: 16:24:44 27/06/2015
^What's not new is that there are no cores for the price conscious buyer to select from---they are literally forced to eat the price increase this year. I would also argue that last year was the first entry that we technically got a slightly larger figure with no additional tech for more price--at least Giants brought us larger figures AND a lightcore technology. And of course, Swappers was an ingenious technology that totally justified its price point.

I know you know this but I'm not shrugging of the price increase as easily as you bottom line. This is a major move. The whole "bigger is worth more" was a psychology game they have been playing with us since Giants, and I'm not going to be fooled.
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 16:32:00 27/06/2015 by TakeYourLemons
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#9 Posted: 16:33:39 27/06/2015
^What's not new is that there are no cores for the price conscious buyer to select from---they are literally forced to eat the price increase this year. I would also argue that last year was the first entry that we technically got a slightly larger figure with no additional tech for more price--at least Giants brought us larger figures AND a lightcore technology. And of course, Swappers was an ingenious technology that totally justified its price point.

The whole "bigger is worth more" was a psychology game they have been playing with us since Giants, and I'm not going to be fooled.

Absolutely agree.

Giants light up, Swappers swap but Trap Masters...?
At least SuperChargers only look like gimmick characters but are really only a bit special in-game so a slight price increase is acceptable.

I'll happily pay a bit more if each character from now on will be a regular Core figure-wise but special in-game.
They didn't nailed it with SuperChargers but they may be going in the right direction.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#10 Posted: 16:37:56 27/06/2015
^ So the figure is worth more only if the in game features they offer a specific feature is unique enough to justify it? Not for me. It has to be a combination of actual physical toy technology AND in game features, which is why I think the gimmicks have been lackluster since Swap Force. YMMV
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:38:32 27/06/2015 by TakeYourLemons
#11 Posted: 17:03:22 27/06/2015
Sure, I wouldn't pay 15 bucks for a SuperCharger who's only slightly different from other characters in-game and no different at all figure wise.

But... 12...? We can talk about it.
Of course I'm not that happy to pay 15 for vehicles either... Sincerely doubt they are worth it as a whole.

Swappers were no doubt worth that price.
Giants and Trap Masters...? Kinda.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#12 Posted: 17:48:26 27/06/2015
Spitfire's size is comparable to LightCore Smolderdash.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#13 Posted: 19:30:52 27/06/2015

I know you know this but I'm not shrugging of the price increase as easily as you bottom line. This is a major move. The whole "bigger is worth more" was a psychology game they have been playing with us since Giants, and I'm not going to be fooled.

While I agree with your stance in that the value should be shared between the physical figure and in game features, it stings less since the paywall is so minuscule compared to previous versions. It's like they're planning on sell less overall figures so they bumped up the price a little. I still contend that the Super Chargers have more plastic in them than a typical Core and I'll break out the gram scale to prove it once I have them in my hand. I don't think it's about being fooled but more about choice this time around. For me, this is the first time that I feel like the pressure is off. Being able to 100% the Core game day 1 is such a relief for me and hasn't been the case since Giants. It might seem strange but I'm willing to pay a little more when I feel the manufacturer is willing to show me the respect in letting me pick what I want with damn near minimal purchase requirements (2 additional vehicles) and say "here, go have fun". It also lends value to those of us with vast collections being able to JUST PLAY WITH WHAT WE ALREADY HAVE!!!!!!!!! Let...that...sink...in...for...a...second. I'm seriously just getting a Sky and Sea vehicle, go home, prep. some drinks and play all day long knowing I have everything I NEED to finish/play the game right at home. For me that's where the value of Super Chargers is....Choice and Freedom. To each their own though.
#14 Posted: 21:05:14 27/06/2015
Quote: Drek95
Sure, I wouldn't pay 15 bucks for a SuperCharger who's only slightly different from other characters in-game and no different at all figure wise.

Of course I'm not that happy to pay 15 for vehicles either... Sincerely doubt they are worth it as a whole.

Keep in mind that cores were only $7.99 when Skylands was a world of magic and adventure. In my mind, they have to blow me away to justify a non core price.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:06:12 27/06/2015 by TakeYourLemons
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5355
#15 Posted: 21:34:48 27/06/2015
Quote: Tigorus
Let...that...sink...in...for...a...second. I'm seriously just getting a Sky and Sea vehicle, go home, prep. some drinks and play all day long knowing I have everything I NEED to finish/play the game right at home. For me that's where the value of Super Chargers is....Choice and Freedom. To each their own though.

Great point.

If you think about it, it really is just a trade off. Sure, the figures are more expensive individually this time, but you're barely required to own any at all compared to previous games. So, if you don't think the Superchargers are worth their current price...you don't have to buy them. There is nothing in the game forcing you to buy any of the Superchargers that don't come with the starter. The only thing you're forced to buy is one boat and one plane, and that's it.
---
Boop me if you see this.
#16 Posted: 22:05:06 27/06/2015

Keep in mind that cores were only $7.99 when Skylands was a world of magic and adventure. In my mind, they have to blow me away to justify a non core price.

Are you sure about it?
I think I always paid more or less 10€...
But I do agree with you; maybe I should say "less annoyed" rather than "happy".

Tigorus, what you said it's true: it's great we don't have to buy a lot of figures to 100% the game and it's great we can do it right on D1... But this doesn't wipe away the fact this year's figuers are neither Cores nor Gimmicklanders yet are closer to the first and cost even more.
So are vehicles in my opinion: an improvement (a BIG one, mind it) of what was already there, the vehicle sections.

Not the kind of innovation I wanted and that's why I'm not that happy to accept all the other cool stuffs (which indeed remain cool and great).
But I'm ready to be proved absolutely wrong in September and I'm sure I won't be disappointed.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#17 Posted: 22:58:56 27/06/2015

Are you sure about it?
I think I always paid more or less 10€...
But I do agree with you; maybe I should say "less annoyed" rather than "happy".

Tigorus, what you said it's true: it's great we don't have to buy a lot of figures to 100% the game and it's great we can do it right on D1... But this doesn't wipe away the fact this year's figuers are neither Cores nor Gimmicklanders yet are closer to the first and cost even more.
So are vehicles in my opinion: an improvement (a BIG one, mind it) of what was already there, the vehicle sections.

Not the kind of innovation I wanted and that's why I'm not that happy to accept all the other cool stuffs (which indeed remain cool and great).
But I'm ready to be proved absolutely wrong in September and I'm sure I won't be disappointed.

And that's just it. If you aren't proven wrong (and you hate it) you're only out the Starter and two vehicles (if you get the two additional vehicles). That being said I doubt you'll hate it. If we don't get what we want, it doesn't mean we can't like what we're given. I know Super Chargers isn't what you wanted (hell it's not what I wanted either) but it sounds like you're at least willing to try it and see where the chips fall. lol maybe this year's real gimmick is "chillax and play with what you got man". In the end I believe the vehicles will prove their worth regardless of whether or not we're happy with the Super Chargers themselves.
#18 Posted: 23:16:53 27/06/2015
Absolutely agree.

From what I've seen I'm sure I will absolutely love this game even if it's not what I wanted/expected.
And no doubt I will love the new Skylanders, they never missed a single one of them for my tastes.

Vehicles... What you said.
I'll enjoy what I'll get. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#19 Posted: 02:29:09 28/06/2015
They definitely need to chillax since after 4 games we have 300 figures? that's nucking futs. I'm actually also fine if they delver a more robust experience but deliver it over a 2 year period and have more content to justify all of the plastic. I think they're starting to realize they're burning both ends of the candles.

It also amazes me when they bemoan the "we have to support all of these figures"--get real guys. We had to buy all of this crap too! No one forced you to come out with close to 80 figures / toys in Trap Team!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:30:51 28/06/2015 by TakeYourLemons
JewelScratch Blue Sparx Gems: 523
#20 Posted: 03:39:42 28/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Someone made it a point that with this game you need less figures than any game to be honest.
Since with the first game everyone wanted to at least own one skylander from each element , with the second game everyone wanted to collect all the giants since they were only 8 and many didn't see the need for the reposes. With Swap Force you needed a swapper for each swap zone. In Trap masters you needed 8 trap masters , light and dark adventure packs , 11 Traps to access all game material.

But now literally all you need is three vehicles , you get land already and it's matched supercharger , so you just need sea and air. Also try to get the matching superchargers for the sea and air vehicles you pick so you can access the supercharged advantages of your vehicle. So really that's two vehicles and two superchargers at most. If you go with Stealth Elf's vehicle that means two vehicles and one supercharger at most.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me