darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > Will the Traptanium Portal(or previous) read Vehicles?
Page 1 of 1
Will the Traptanium Portal(or previous) read Vehicles? [CLOSED]
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10026
#1 Posted: 00:14:27 27/06/2015 | Topic Creator
I can't believe I haven't asked this in Q&As and the like all this time. Not being Traps or Swappers, thus not much of a limitation other than range, would vehicles work in any portal for Digital Owners? I remember them saying that you can use them if you want to not use Instants,but they didn't exactly specify that any would work.
Did I miss this answer somewhere? Just making sure, really.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#2 Posted: 00:25:59 27/06/2015
I think no one asked the question but simply because I guess vehicles work just like Skylanders.
I mean I don't think they are that much different in terms of tech.

Just vehicles instead of characters.
They said you can use any Portal to play the game and without a land vehicle you wouldn't be able to complete it, so... Yeah, I think they can read them just fine. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#3 Posted: 03:17:34 27/06/2015
It has an RFID chip, the rest is just software.
ToySoldierMafia Blue Sparx Gems: 916
#4 Posted: 04:24:15 27/06/2015
Yeah, I presumed that was implied when they said they were offering a portal owner's digital copy.
#5 Posted: 07:36:49 27/06/2015
Not to mention it looks like a vehicle is always required to be on the Portal to play the game, from what we have seen.
So technically speaking you wouldn't even be able to play at all.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
WickedRogue Gold Sparx Gems: 2725
#6 Posted: 09:22:35 27/06/2015
I thought it was brought up somewhere that even a portal from SSA would work with it. (Just not the Trap part). Someone needs to find out. Everyone has separate questions that were answered. I know Swap Force and Trap Team do for sure.
---
Elite Skystones Set Complete.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:24:38 27/06/2015 by WickedRogue
#7 Posted: 11:36:16 27/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Drek95
Not to mention it looks like a vehicle is always required to be on the Portal to play the game, from what we have seen.

Instant Hot Streak comes with Digital though, so that could be how they were planning to make the game playable.
Yeah, the vehicles don't have anything that seems to demand a new portal, but it's always good to be safe - Swappers should work in SSA/Giants portals with limitations but they're forced not to.
---
#8 Posted: 12:05:36 27/06/2015
Quote: Bifrost

Instant Hot Streak comes with Digital though, so that could be how they were planning to make the game playable.
Yeah, the vehicles don't have anything that seems to demand a new portal, but it's always good to be safe - Swappers should work in SSA/Giants portals with limitations but they're forced not to.

That is also true but I doubt they would cut out vehicle figures entirely if you don't own the SuperCharger Portal, they are the focus of this entry.
And I think they even said they created a new Portal this year only because it has more space to host figures.
Nothing else.

I am really curious to see how Swappers will work on the SA Portal though.
Would be fun if they worked just fine and V.V. plain lied to us saying a new one was "required"...
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5355
#9 Posted: 16:16:14 27/06/2015
I imagine with vehicles the main limitation will be size and keeping the vehicle from rolling off the portal. The Superchargers portal is specially shaped to easily hold a vehicle and a Skylander.
---
Boop me if you see this.
#10 Posted: 16:23:10 27/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Traptanium Portal will only have problems when using Giants, if anything just rest the vehicle over the ring and it'll probably still read fine, plenty of space for figures and items then.
---
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#11 Posted: 16:33:25 27/06/2015

Yes unfortunately. I would've preferred to require a vehicle WHEN WE GET TO A VEHICLE section.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:33:46 27/06/2015 by TakeYourLemons
#12 Posted: 16:53:43 27/06/2015
Yes, it's an absolutely unmotivated decision.

Even if they explain it with the Story... It really doesn't make sense.
Sometimes I even wonder if the focus of the series are still the characters...
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Czar Mania Ripto Gems: 353
#13 Posted: 23:20:13 05/07/2015
There won't be a problem with space, you can place any skylander on top of the spot where traps go and it will read it no different as if it was on the portal
#14 Posted: 23:38:10 05/07/2015 | Topic Creator
The Vehicle might slide or roll off though, the Villain Vault is slightly diagonal. But really,unless you're playing as two Tree Rexes, there's probably enough space to at least awkwardly put a bigger vehicle verically somewhere.
It's been already confirmed that the Swap Force Portal can read it and that means the Traptanium Portal will as well unless we're just really unlucky, so this topic's been answered. I'll just go and close it.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me