First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Combo Packs
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10026
#51 Posted: 12:41:15 02/07/2015
Quote: Skylanders fan
I think this kinda deconfims adventure packs and battle packs becuse they were shown on the gamestop poster last year when you preorded

...Or they just didn't show them yet because spoilers. If, say, Astroblast was in an adventure pack with his vehicle,it'd be a huge leak to show it now - they've been VERY careful with that this year.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Firestar982 Green Sparx Gems: 160
#52 Posted: 13:37:43 02/07/2015
Quote: Tigorus
I was thinking $24.99 but I think it's going to be closer to $27.99 (for every retailer other than Gamestop and TRU). The Swap Force singles were $14.99 and I believe the two packs were $29.99 right? No discount and pretty much M.S.R.P. I'm guessing they won't have a bundled discount. That's still strange to me though since the triple core packs have always had a small discount built in...We'll find out soon enough.

They were $24.99 except for the Nitro Magna Charge double pack that was 29.99.
---
Spirtwings
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#53 Posted: 14:16:46 02/07/2015
Quote: Bifrost
Quote: Skylanders fan
I think this kinda deconfims adventure packs and battle packs becuse they were shown on the gamestop poster last year when you preorded

...Or they just didn't show them yet because spoilers. If, say, Astroblast was in an adventure pack with his vehicle,it'd be a huge leak to show it now - they've been VERY careful with that this year.

With the debacle of last year's misinformation, I'm with Bitfrost. They've been VERY precise on communication. Personally I'd rather give up adventure packs to get PvP and online, but I would not doubt if there's not at least two adventure packs in this year's release-in fact I would not think it unwise to place the light/dark characters in there.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:18:43 02/07/2015 by TakeYourLemons
Dark Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2623
#54 Posted: 10:10:38 04/07/2015
That's cool
The title made me think of kfc
---
Psn-Zydren8cookie, FC 3024-5345-8692
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5023
#55 Posted: 11:53:20 04/07/2015
combo packs (fig&vehicle) for the price of a single pack for all characters, that had been something... and if that was the thing, i would probably gotten the game too. but as usually activision is to greedy so that will never happen.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#56 Posted: 12:25:24 04/07/2015
You're asking for a steal, not a discount. The entire point of combo packs is being sliiightly cheaper than buying them separate.
---
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#57 Posted: 12:29:20 04/07/2015
Wow, you honestly think Activision is greedy for not selling a figure/vehicle combo at the price of a figure? The figure alone is cheaper then a DI figure, same as an amiibo (I think), and seems to be cheaper then leg dimensions (although kinda apples to oranges). Since they are pretty much selling these at market value, they are greedy because they aren't giving stuff away? They are a business, not a charity.

I understand how people feel more compelled to see the negative side of things, what's missing in the game, the bad side of a new feature vs what positive it may bring, but when it's all one sided and not based on any real facts, it just looks silly.

BTW (and a bit off topic), one thing that has me leaning towards collecting more of skylanders then DI, amiibo, or lego is that skylanders are much more likely to being on sale and easy to find. DI and amiibo should also be on sale a lot, but amiibo will be rather hard to find in many cases. As for lego, I think they'll be available but regular legos are very rarely on sale, so dimensions seems likely to follow the same pattern.
#58 Posted: 16:48:38 04/07/2015
yes it is cheap china plastic done be cheap labour costs. so it dont cost that much. they will earn millions on it anyway, but its like they want even more than the millions they earn, so they sell it in single packs, its greed... or as they call it, business.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#59 Posted: 16:51:37 04/07/2015
Yeah, just like every business out there. It's called profit.
---
GinjaNinja Gold Sparx Gems: 2604
#60 Posted: 17:21:13 04/07/2015
It pretty much sounds like you don't want them to earn money just because you don't like them earning money. Like Bifrost is saying, it's a company. They need to make a profit. If you don't like it, just don't buy it. Don't want them to earn money? Don't give them your money. Them giving out free figures because because "they've already and will keep making millions" is a cry baby's excuse and logic.
#61 Posted: 21:54:11 04/07/2015
Quote: GinjaNinja
It pretty much sounds like you don't want them to earn money just because you don't like them earning money. Like Bifrost is saying, it's a company. They need to make a profit. If you don't like it, just don't buy it. Don't want them to earn money? Don't give them your money. Them giving out free figures because because "they've already and will keep making millions" is a cry baby's excuse and logic.

they earn millions, they are never in the loss... but they just want more and more. its not the days of ssa anymore, now you got competition. its time to scale back a bit and not over do it. i think its very reasonable to say they should only stick to duo packs at single pack prices. it make more people interesting in buying. when your a business your interested in selling not sit on product stocks. in a market where there is competition you can easily end up doing that. and if you look at trap team there is a lot of people that havent completed their trap collection because shops are still on stock that havent sold. shops dont take in more if they dont sell. this again make customers frustrated... you see its more complicated than your cry baby logic.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 11:20:31 05/07/2015 by CountMoneyBone
#62 Posted: 21:57:50 04/07/2015
Y'know, it'd sound reasonable if you didn't act like you have inside knowledge of Activision. This guesswork of their economy stuff makes no sense,you're just saying that because you want an excuse to get the game for cheap since you don't like it.
---
#63 Posted: 22:06:19 04/07/2015
Quote: Bifrost
Y'know, it'd sound reasonable if you didn't act like you have inside knowledge of Activision. This guesswork of their economy stuff makes no sense,you're just saying that because you want an excuse to get the game for cheap since you don't like it.

there is more than enough reality in the plenty of posts on this forum saying they cant get what they want because shops dont fill their shelves with new stuff. that in its self is a pretty good indicator on how things are.. the the prices should be lowered, so people want to buy more, the shops fill their shelves with more new stuff and activision get rid of stock... its pretty logical thinking in a market where there is competition.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#64 Posted: 22:06:53 04/07/2015
This forum isn't made up of economy experts or Activision employees.
---
#65 Posted: 22:08:35 04/07/2015
you dont have to be an expert, its common sense.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#66 Posted: 22:23:27 04/07/2015
Quote: CountMoneyBone

Anyone who has had one economics lesson knows about supply and demand. smilie I'm pretty sure that happens in high school these days.

If demand is decreasing (we can use Trap Team starter sales to tell us that is the case) it makes sense to become more competitive. If they can't do that on technology (which the did not do this time around) then price is the other way. Not being competitive and raising prices will be an interesting result. I guess the other option is that everyone still buying this stuff are the diehard fans (like us I guess). The passive player really doesn't come into the equation.

In Activision's mind if sales are decreasing then it doesn't make sense to ship more...stores are stuck with old stock until clearance. Part of this is of course because it doesn't make sense for the store to order more if the current stock isn't selling---and that's just a simple mechanic of demand. IMO Activision should lower costs to the manufacturer and perhaps be more competitive cost wise to make it easier for folks to pick it up and make up the margins on quantity.
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 22:33:54 04/07/2015 by TakeYourLemons
#67 Posted: 22:33:42 04/07/2015
Last time I checked, common sense isn't about "I don't like this and despite my opinion not being majority they have to follow it and lower the prices to ridiculous levels". People know the prices ever since SSA, they'll buy it if you keep it that way if the game isn't suffering, and it isn't no matter how much you dislike the new one. It's tough and it's expensive but that's not changing unless everyone agrees they want it cheaper, casual players included.

But of course, I want figures in my country to stop being sold for the price of an actual game - or be sold at all from TT on, but things don't work that way even if in my eyes it should make plenty of money even with taxes. But I know one will ignore everything I say, come back in the next week to go on and on about how Activision is greedy and I don't even know why I try anymore because it's like talking to a brick wall. Probably because today is so slow on news whatever works.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:44:24 04/07/2015 by Bifrost
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#68 Posted: 02:01:11 05/07/2015
I think Activision should just release one box set with copies of the game for every system and all the toys for $10. Anything more than that is being greedy.
#69 Posted: 02:23:39 05/07/2015
Quote: UncleBob
I think Activision should just release one box set with copies of the game for every system and all the toys for $10. Anything more than that is being greedy.

Game + all figures for $10 in one boxed set? Drinking the secret sauce or did I misunderstand smilie
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#70 Posted: 02:27:28 05/07/2015

------
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Portal___Master Emerald Sparx Gems: 3718
#71 Posted: 02:45:58 05/07/2015
^ LOL
---
smilie
Guinness Book of World Records holder for Largest SkyLanders Collection.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SkyLandersCollectorsGroup
#72 Posted: 11:17:10 05/07/2015
Quote: TakeYourLemons
Quote: CountMoneyBone

Anyone who has had one economics lesson knows about supply and demand. smilie I'm pretty sure that happens in high school these days.

If demand is decreasing (we can use Trap Team starter sales to tell us that is the case) it makes sense to become more competitive. If they can't do that on technology (which the did not do this time around) then price is the other way. Not being competitive and raising prices will be an interesting result. I guess the other option is that everyone still buying this stuff are the diehard fans (like us I guess). The passive player really doesn't come into the equation.

In Activision's mind if sales are decreasing then it doesn't make sense to ship more...stores are stuck with old stock until clearance. Part of this is of course because it doesn't make sense for the store to order more if the current stock isn't selling---and that's just a simple mechanic of demand. IMO Activision should lower costs to the manufacturer and perhaps be more competitive cost wise to make it easier for folks to pick it up and make up the margins on quantity.

i agree and that is what i have been saying... looks like bitfrost here dont get this at all.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#73 Posted: 11:30:52 05/07/2015

getting the game and one of all the new landers/vehicle (no variants) and adventure/battle packs if any(so you can access everything in the game), for 300 dollars buy it now premium edition, i would be okay with... it would have saved me a lot of hunting frustrations, gas money etc.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
GamerZack7 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1709
#74 Posted: 12:32:44 05/07/2015
Quote: spyroflame0487
I'm uh..not sure if anyone else's gamestop has these little mini posters, but it appears to be the source of the image in the OP.
Not really anything otherwise special except for Stealth Elf and Hot Streak in a single pack. I'd say that adds fuel to the fire that Spitfire might be available in a single pack as well (or a double pack with Hot Streak)

Quote:
[User Posted Image]

Here's a full version of the poster if you wanted to see it.

Nice. Offering Spitfire and Hot Streak to Nintendo owners and Super Shot Stealth Elf to owners of the digital version is a wise decision. smilie
---
MY SUPERCHARGER SKYLANDERS
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie | *smilie* | smiliesmilie*smilie*smiliesmilie | smilie | smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
*Currently absent*
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me