Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Idle Chatter > U.S. Supreme Court Rules States Cannot Ban Gay Marriage.
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
U.S. Supreme Court Rules States Cannot Ban Gay Marriage. [CLOSED]
spyrolvr96 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1214
#1 Posted: 15:42:56 26/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Woo-hoo.
---
The thing I never really wrapped my brain around until now was in order to be remembered, in order to leave something significant behind, you have to leave
Ryanator20x6 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1848
#2 Posted: 15:46:08 26/06/2015
Well, they've done it. They destroyed something so great as marriage.
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
Wreckingball13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#3 Posted: 16:00:24 26/06/2015
Quote: Ryanator20x6
Well, they've done it. They destroyed something so great as marriage.



How the **** did they destroy it? If anything they made it WAY better. Anybody should have the right to get married.
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12272
#4 Posted: 16:26:51 26/06/2015
Quote: Ryanator20x6
Well, they've done it. They destroyed something so great as marriage.




- - -
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6666
#5 Posted: 16:40:51 26/06/2015
[User Posted Image]
Love wins
---
Gay 4 GARcher
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:32:53 26/06/2015 by DragonCamo
ThroneOfMalefor Platinum Sparx Gems: 5415
#6 Posted: 17:17:56 26/06/2015
Quote: Ryanator20x6
Well, they've done it. They destroyed something so great as marriage.


My condolences for your ignorance. Unfortunately, you aren't the only person in the world that matters.
---
BREATHE AIR.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8623
#7 Posted: 17:21:36 26/06/2015
Hooray for being able to get a piece of paper when you're gay! Still don't care about it.
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#8 Posted: 17:41:44 26/06/2015
Quote: Ryanator20x6
Well, they've done it. They destroyed something so great as marriage.


i didnt know they allowed homophobes on the internet anymore
spyrolvr96 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1214
#9 Posted: 18:33:40 26/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Guys, quit harassing Ryanator. He's entitled to his own beliefs, no matter how different from your own.
---
The thing I never really wrapped my brain around until now was in order to be remembered, in order to leave something significant behind, you have to leave
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#10 Posted: 18:48:01 26/06/2015
Quote: spyrolvr96
Guys, quit harassing Ryanator. He's entitled to his own beliefs, no matter how different from your own.


He could have been way more sensitive about it. He could have said something like "I personally don't believe in this, but good for them" or "I'm against it, but I guess this is okay". It didn't "ruin" marriage.
spyrolvr96 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1214
#11 Posted: 18:52:34 26/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: StriderSwag
He could have been way more sensitive about it. He could have said something like "I personally don't believe in this, but good for them" or "I'm against it, but I guess this is okay". It didn't "ruin" marriage.


Maybe he doesn't think it's "good for us" or that he "guesses this is okay". And you do realize that there are people who legitimately think that this does ruin marriage, right?

He expressed his belief, and got **** on for it. That is not cool.
---
The thing I never really wrapped my brain around until now was in order to be remembered, in order to leave something significant behind, you have to leave
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#12 Posted: 19:05:54 26/06/2015
Quote: spyrolvr96
Quote: StriderSwag
He could have been way more sensitive about it. He could have said something like "I personally don't believe in this, but good for them" or "I'm against it, but I guess this is okay". It didn't "ruin" marriage.


Maybe he doesn't think it's "good for us" or that he "guesses this is okay". And you do realize that there are people who legitimately think that this does ruin marriage, right?

He expressed his belief, and got **** on for it. That is not cool.


Plenty of people who express their beliefs get **** on and it's perfectly fine, like WBC.
By your logic, people with truly terrible beliefs shouldn't be silenced.
spyrolvr96 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1214
#13 Posted: 19:20:20 26/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: StriderSwag
Plenty of people who express their beliefs get **** on and it's perfectly fine, like WBC.
By your logic, people with truly terrible beliefs shouldn't be silenced.


"Perfectly fine".

And no, no one should be silenced because of what they belief, no matter what.
---
The thing I never really wrapped my brain around until now was in order to be remembered, in order to leave something significant behind, you have to leave
spyrolvr96 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1214
#14 Posted: 19:38:31 26/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Sesshomaru75
He could just not have posted, 'ya know?

If he couldn't have been more sensitive about it without being untrue to himself, then he could just not have posted at all.

But because he chose to be very insensitive about it, he got backlash for it. I fail to see the problem with that.

If someone said that they think all Muslims should die, do you think that's alright to say?
Do you think that they shouldn't get any backlash whatsoever for a comment like that?

It's not a matter of what you believe or don't believe, it's how you word it (or don't).


There's a difference between backlash at someone being insensitive, and being insensitive right back at them.
---
The thing I never really wrapped my brain around until now was in order to be remembered, in order to leave something significant behind, you have to leave
spyrolvr96 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1214
#15 Posted: 19:44:46 26/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Sesshomaru75
...No one was being insensitive to him...


Calling him "ignorant" and "stuck in the 1700's" for expressing his belief is insensitive. Maybe not as insensitive as he was, but still insensitive.
---
The thing I never really wrapped my brain around until now was in order to be remembered, in order to leave something significant behind, you have to leave
Kitty Platinum Sparx Gems: 5106
#16 Posted: 21:15:46 26/06/2015
Quote: spyrolvr96
Guys, quit harassing Ryanator. He's entitled to his own beliefs, no matter how different from your own.


Where was the harassment? People honestly disagreed with him. He came into a topic, KNOWING people were going to have a negative response to it, and he was expecting to just say that and get a free pass?

He's entitled to his opinion, but if he can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:19:20 26/06/2015 by Kitty
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#17 Posted: 22:59:40 26/06/2015
The only problem is that the Supreme Court had to do it. More federal government power.....
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#18 Posted: 23:02:05 26/06/2015
Quote: Mrmorrises
The only problem is that the Supreme Court had to do it. More federal government power.....


As happy as I am for gay marriage and all, I kind of agree with this, because I'm all about state's rights so...
Libertarians ftw
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#19 Posted: 23:06:37 26/06/2015
Quote: StriderSwag
Quote: Mrmorrises
The only problem is that the Supreme Court had to do it. More federal government power.....


As happy as I am for gay marriage and all, I kind of agree with this, because I'm all about state's rights so...
Libertarians ftw



YES!!
Ryanator20x6 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1848
#20 Posted: 23:12:32 26/06/2015
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Quote: spyrolvr96
Calling him "ignorant" and "stuck in the 1700's" for expressing his belief is insensitive. Maybe not as insensitive as he was, but still insensitive.


Not really, considering the fact that most of his "beliefs" about homosexuals are based on statistics (which are either incorrect or have nothing to do with homosexuality, btw) or simply believing that they are "unnatural" because they are the minority, which is essentially the same thing as saying "white people are the minority, therefore they're unnatural", which is simply blind ignorance and nothing else.


Biology disagrees. I'd explain in explicit detail, but this is a children's site. Let's just say that some things don't exactly work well with others...
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#21 Posted: 23:14:16 26/06/2015
Quote: Ryanator20x6
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Quote: spyrolvr96
Calling him "ignorant" and "stuck in the 1700's" for expressing his belief is insensitive. Maybe not as insensitive as he was, but still insensitive.


Not really, considering the fact that most of his "beliefs" about homosexuals are based on statistics (which are either incorrect or have nothing to do with homosexuality, btw) or simply believing that they are "unnatural" because they are the minority, which is essentially the same thing as saying "white people are the minority, therefore they're unnatural", which is simply blind ignorance and nothing else.


Biology disagrees. I'd explain in explicit detail, but this is a children's site. Let's just say that some things don't exactly work well with others...


You don't need to be able to have a child to get married.
ThroneOfMalefor Platinum Sparx Gems: 5415
#22 Posted: 23:14:31 26/06/2015
Quote: Ryanator20x6
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Quote: spyrolvr96
Calling him "ignorant" and "stuck in the 1700's" for expressing his belief is insensitive. Maybe not as insensitive as he was, but still insensitive.


Not really, considering the fact that most of his "beliefs" about homosexuals are based on statistics (which are either incorrect or have nothing to do with homosexuality, btw) or simply believing that they are "unnatural" because they are the minority, which is essentially the same thing as saying "white people are the minority, therefore they're unnatural", which is simply blind ignorance and nothing else.


Biology disagrees. I'd explain in explicit detail, but this is a children's site. Let's just say that some things don't exactly work well with others...



ryan let's get gay married babeypuu
---
BREATHE AIR.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:16:22 26/06/2015 by ThroneOfMalefor
Ryanator20x6 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1848
#23 Posted: 23:16:09 26/06/2015
Quote: StriderSwag
Quote: Ryanator20x6
Quote: Sesshomaru75


Not really, considering the fact that most of his "beliefs" about homosexuals are based on statistics (which are either incorrect or have nothing to do with homosexuality, btw) or simply believing that they are "unnatural" because they are the minority, which is essentially the same thing as saying "white people are the minority, therefore they're unnatural", which is simply blind ignorance and nothing else.


Biology disagrees. I'd explain in explicit detail, but this is a children's site. Let's just say that some things don't exactly work well with others...


You don't need to be able to have a child to get married.


Isn't that the point? Not to mention that marriage stems from religion, and religion has a pretty clear stance on all this.
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#24 Posted: 23:19:27 26/06/2015
Quote: Ryanator20x6
Quote: StriderSwag
Quote: Ryanator20x6


Biology disagrees. I'd explain in explicit detail, but this is a children's site. Let's just say that some things don't exactly work well with others...


You don't need to be able to have a child to get married.


Isn't that the point? Not to mention that marriage stems from religion, and religion has a pretty clear stance on all this.


There's a beautiful thing called "adoption".
Plus, there are people who's reproductive systems don't work, and they get married anyways.
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6666
#25 Posted: 00:00:52 27/06/2015
Quote: Ryanator20x6
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Quote: spyrolvr96
Calling him "ignorant" and "stuck in the 1700's" for expressing his belief is insensitive. Maybe not as insensitive as he was, but still insensitive.


Not really, considering the fact that most of his "beliefs" about homosexuals are based on statistics (which are either incorrect or have nothing to do with homosexuality, btw) or simply believing that they are "unnatural" because they are the minority, which is essentially the same thing as saying "white people are the minority, therefore they're unnatural", which is simply blind ignorance and nothing else.


Biology disagrees. I'd explain in explicit detail, but this is a children's site. Let's just say that some things don't exactly work well with others...



? But gay sex is great
---
Gay 4 GARcher
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6113
#26 Posted: 00:08:49 27/06/2015
Quote: Ryanator20x6
Quote: StriderSwag
Quote: Ryanator20x6


Biology disagrees. I'd explain in explicit detail, but this is a children's site. Let's just say that some things don't exactly work well with others...


You don't need to be able to have a child to get married.


Isn't that the point? Not to mention that marriage stems from religion, and religion has a pretty clear stance on all this.



You clearly don't understand the point of marraige... You don't need to be married to have kids, likewise, you don't have to have kids to get married. Marriage is more a symbol of a bond between two people and wanting to express that bond in front of friends and family as they take a vow to one another to be together for the rest of their lives. Naturally, you don't need marriage for this, but it still is a way to legally bind two people together in a bond of love.

It may have originated from it, but it doesn't necessarilly have to be all about it anymore.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Ryanator20x6 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1848
#27 Posted: 00:09:45 27/06/2015
Quote: Pixilism
Quote: Ryanator20x6
Quote: StriderSwag


You don't need to be able to have a child to get married.


Isn't that the point? Not to mention that marriage stems from religion, and religion has a pretty clear stance on all this.



It may have stemmed from it but it is no longer exclusive to religion. Gay marriage does not change anything about a man and a woman getting married. All it does is allow gay couples to finally get married, which is something they should have been legally allowed to do for a very long time. I'm sorry that other people's affiliations bother you so much.


They're still trying to do it with priests and churches. They shouldn't be forced to do that.
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#28 Posted: 01:01:28 27/06/2015
wtf i came on here expecting everyone celebrating but instead i see people fighting.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Skylanders fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3952
#29 Posted: 01:06:05 27/06/2015
Quote: Ryanator20x6
Well, they've done it. They destroyed something so great as marriage.



yeah I agree it sad this happens this just isnt right
---
Yep still around just not posting much anymore
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#30 Posted: 01:11:44 27/06/2015
[User Posted Image]

Welcome to the club America.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#31 Posted: 01:35:21 27/06/2015
now all we need is australia to stop being such ****heads :\
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#32 Posted: 01:42:12 27/06/2015
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Quote: Ryanator20x6
They're still trying to do it with priests and churches. They shouldn't be forced to do that.


And that's the part that I'm not okay with. Though I'm bi myself, the church has every right to refuse marring someone if it's against their beliefs.

You cannot force a church or any religious figure to marry you.

If they want to and they're okay with it (like this one Jewish church I saw), then that's perfectly fine.

Otherwise, if they choose to refuse, that is their God given right and you can't fore them to because that's infringing on their beliefs and that isn't okay whatsoever.


Quote: Skylanders fan
Yeah, I agree. It sad this happens this just isnt right


How is it not "right"? If anything it wasn't "right" to not allow them to get married in the first place. Love is love, man.


Agreed so much. Same with the stuff about the bakeries and sponsoring weddings.
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6113
#33 Posted: 02:06:45 27/06/2015
Quote: DarkCynder_543
wtf i came on here expecting everyone celebrating but instead i see people fighting.



Personally, I am rather happy for it. It's nice knowing I can legally marry DragonCamo in any state. <33
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Angel220200 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4401
#34 Posted: 02:15:20 27/06/2015
Quote: DarkCynder_543
now all we need is australia to stop being such ****heads smilie


blame abbott, man, not us
the guy only cares about money and is destroying the land and cutting funds to anything that is meant to help people to get it. we haven't got a chance for the government to even consider gay marriage rights while this misogynist leads, man - have to wait until we actually elect a decent leader
I honestly believe there are enough decent people in this country to be able to get the government to consider it - we just need to get rid of the one guy that'd stop it :/

In regards to the topic, however, I think this is great! Good on America for finally making this a reality c:
---
Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven; give, and it will be given to you.
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#35 Posted: 02:18:09 27/06/2015
Quote: Angel220200
Quote: DarkCynder_543
now all we need is australia to stop being such ****heads :\


blame abbott, man, not us
the guy only cares about money and is destroying the land and cutting funds to anything that is meant to help people to get it. we haven't got a chance for the government to even consider gay marriage rights while this misogynist leads, man - have to wait until we actually elect a decent leader
I honestly believe there are enough decent people in this country to be able to get the government to consider it - we just need to get rid of the one guy that'd stop it :/

In regards to the topic, however, I think this is great! Good on America for finally making this a reality c:


Sorry I wasn't blaming the people. I meant the government when I said that. I can't even remember how many years Abbott has left until we can vote him out.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6666
#36 Posted: 05:03:05 27/06/2015

TBH made me cry why
---
Gay 4 GARcher
Rattlebuckler Gold Sparx Gems: 2298
#37 Posted: 06:13:33 27/06/2015
What is really sad about this is the fact that if a christian bashes this subject they get harrased and if the gays and lesbians comment how happy they are then the religous people attack them I wish we could go back to a simplier time where we were actually one nation under god
---
We’re 106 miles from Chicago we got a full tank of gas a half a pack of cigarettes it’s dark and we’re wearing sunglasses hit it -blues brothers
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6666
#38 Posted: 07:18:16 27/06/2015
Quote: Rattlebuckler
What is really sad about this is the fact that if a christian bashes this subject they get harrased and if the gays and lesbians comment how happy they are then the religous people attack them I wish we could go back to a simplier time where we were actually one nation under god



America has never had "simipler times." Well, ok, maybe before tumblr was created but still.
I do agree that it's sad to see people get bashed simply because they don't agree with the internet's opinion and thus get bashed on for it. But, i don't think it's bad for LGBT people to say how happy and joyful they are. Straight people do the same thing.
It doesn't paint a good picture when people begin attacking someone because they don't agree with them. So what if they don't support gay marriage? To hell with them. Why do they matter? Other then religion being still tied to our laws and there beliefs are still very influential, but i digress.
---
Gay 4 GARcher
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#39 Posted: 09:01:44 27/06/2015
Quote: Skylanders fan
Quote: Ryanator20x6
Well, they've done it. They destroyed something so great as marriage.



yeah I agree it sad this happens this just isnt right



You're just as ignorant as Ryanator.
---
words. letters. filler.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9269
#40 Posted: 09:38:57 27/06/2015
Yay for gay marriage!

I've got nothing against it personally. As long as they're not physically hurting anyone then who cares right? It isn't any of our business anyway.
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me