Page 1 of 1
Unreleased Characters (Midwest)
Blink182Bouncer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1659
#1 Posted: 12:40:46 25/06/2015 | Topic Creator
So living in the northern Midwest of the United States, I have reason to believe we never got Blackout and Spotlight, are they going to be released again? I also have yet to see Echo, and while Fling Kong is abundant Flip Wreck seems to be silently exclusive to Best Buy... Anyone having luck with these guys? There are 12 remaining original characters from TT that I don't have.
---
Still Waiting For Legendary Tom DeLonge To Come In The Blink-182 Triple Pack.
WHY DID THEY MAKE MATT SKIBA "CALIFORNIA EDITION EXCLUSIVE"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:41:42 25/06/2015 by Blink182Bouncer
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#2 Posted: 12:53:36 25/06/2015
They were all released in Wave 4, you just missed them. Blackout and Spotlight in particular were fairly popular so they sold out fairly quickly and Echo was only two per case instead of four.

Fling Kong and Flip Wreck are in the same Wave 5 box, so if a store has one and not the other it is because they sold out of them.

At this point shipments slow down since the game has been out over six months and demand has gone down. But, you might want to look around a little bit more before you assume they aren't available - you are making many incorrect assumptions. In fact, both Spotlight and Blackout are currently available at Best Buy online:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/ac...9&skuId=9594109

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/ac...8&skuId=9591102
INTIMIDAT3R Blue Sparx Gems: 857
#3 Posted: 13:45:06 25/06/2015
You can't swing a dead cat here in Waterloo/Cedar Falls or down in Cedar Rapids without hitting Spotlight, Blackout, Flip Wreck, and Fling Kong.

They're everywhere. I've even seen Spotlight and Blackout in Walgreen's for Pete's sake!!!
---
"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."--- 2 Timothy 4:7
#4 Posted: 22:55:13 25/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: defpally
They were all released in Wave 4, you just missed them. Blackout and Spotlight in particular were fairly popular so they sold out fairly quickly and Echo was only two per case instead of four.

Fling Kong and Flip Wreck are in the same Wave 5 box, so if a store has one and not the other it is because they sold out of them.

At this point shipments slow down since the game has been out over six months and demand has gone down. But, you might want to look around a little bit more before you assume they aren't available - you are making many incorrect assumptions. In fact, both Spotlight and Blackout are currently available at Best Buy online:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/ac...9&skuId=9594109

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/ac...8&skuId=9591102

But they are only available for in-store pickup, however aren't anywhere in my area. And I go hunting like, every week.

And Gamestop online literally only have Fling Kong but not Flip Wreck
---
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#5 Posted: 23:41:41 25/06/2015
I live in southern Illinois - a.k.a. the Midwest and I've picked up everything but KCC and the GS exclusive trap that comes out this weekend and the three Yawn traps.

They're out there.
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#6 Posted: 03:13:39 26/06/2015
Hopefully they will be at Gamestop on Skylanders day.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
#7 Posted: 20:29:00 28/06/2015 | Topic Creator
I found Flip Wreck
I've still never seen BO, SL, or Echo
---
#8 Posted: 00:10:42 29/06/2015
In general, Wave 4 is always the one with the hardest to find figures. Mainly because by then the furor has died down so they don't ship out as many, then it is usually followed up with Wave 5 which remains "current" until the next game comes out. Shelf glut from the ones that don't move is partially to blame, just look at the trap situation, some stores refuse to stock more since they are currently overflowing with water traps (and most stores don't track them by type, they just know a store is well stocked with traps).

The good news is they usually ship out more Wave 4 in the Fall when the next game comes out. Stores don't want more stock now, but if things pick up again, that's when they send them out.
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#9 Posted: 02:00:53 29/06/2015
In general, Wave 4 is always the one with the hardest to find figures. Mainly because by then the furor has died down so they don't ship out as many, then it is usually followed up with Wave 5 which remains "current" until the next game comes out. Shelf glut from the ones that don't move is partially to blame, just look at the trap situation, some stores refuse to stock more since they are currently overflowing with water traps (and most stores don't track them by type, they just know a store is well stocked with traps).

The good news is they usually ship out more Wave 4 in the Fall when the next game comes out. Stores don't want more stock now, but if things pick up again, that's when they send them out.

Wave 4 figures like Scratch and Punk Shock never saw fall restocks last year - FYI.

For those still missing wave 4, you need to be vigilant with looking online and purchasing when you see them in stock. You can find these on Bestbuy.com, Walmart.com, and Amazon.com from time to time. You only have yourself to blame if you limit yourself to local stores and miss out completely when supply has dried up later this year. For the OP, is there any reason why you can't buy Spotlight and Blackout on Bestbuy.com right now??? If you don't like the shipping charge, you can always buy an extra Trapmaster to reach the minimum free shipping limit and then return the Trapmaster in store.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:06:34 29/06/2015 by mastermc54
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#10 Posted: 08:15:43 29/06/2015
I'm in Chicago suburbs and we did get Spotlight/Blackout, at least at Toys R Us.
I don't know if they ever restocked, I bought them when they were announced to come out and haven't seen those two again.
New element + dragons + unique paint made them very popular.
---
#all Spyros are valid
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5694
#11 Posted: 12:36:32 29/06/2015
Yeah, this is why I had to rely more on online resources, especially Amazon, as they have all of the figures I currently need at a good price. They had Spotlight and Blackout for a time, but I didn't them soon enough, so I had to go to Best Buy. They aren't ideal for tax and shipping, but of you want them, that's the best place to get them.
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
#12 Posted: 12:51:43 29/06/2015
Quote: mastermc54
Wave 4 figures like Scratch and Punk Shock never saw fall restocks last year - FYI.

Yes they did. My TRU got in some Swap Force Wave 4 and so did many stores. Scratch/Fryno/Fire Bone Hot Dog/Turbo Jet Vac was available in the Fall, you might have just missed it - it wasn't a huge stock. I remember helping out a family that couldn't figure out which ones to get by pointing out he was really hard to find. They had a several of him and the others.
joeiscool Yellow Sparx Gems: 1873
#13 Posted: 15:17:14 29/06/2015
I saw all of them in Minnesota. I never saw Echo at all, so I bought her used just yesterday.
---
-joeiscool
#14 Posted: 04:58:20 19/07/2015 | Topic Creator

For those still missing wave 4, you need to be vigilant with looking online and purchasing when you see them in stock. You can find these on Bestbuy.com, Walmart.com, and Amazon.com from time to time. You only have yourself to blame if you limit yourself to local stores and miss out completely when supply has dried up later this year. For the OP, is there any reason why you can't buy Spotlight and Blackout on Bestbuy.com right now??? If you don't like the shipping charge, you can always buy an extra Trapmaster to reach the minimum free shipping limit and then return the Trapmaster in store.

It said "no shipping available"
I need to find places in MN to find Spotlight and Blackout
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:58:57 19/07/2015 by Blink182Bouncer
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#15 Posted: 13:35:54 19/07/2015
Quote: Blink182Bouncer

It was available on Bestbuy.com 3 weeks ago when I posted! Now even their online supply has dried up. You should have followed up with the thread sooner if you really wanted them.
#16 Posted: 16:07:38 19/07/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Blink182Bouncer

It was available on Bestbuy.com 3 weeks ago when I posted! Now even their online supply has dried up. You should have followed up with the thread sooner if you really wanted them.

Nah it's been like that for a month and a half
It's okay, I found a way to get Blackout

They were available online, and Blackout still is, just not for Shipping
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:10:20 19/07/2015 by Blink182Bouncer
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#17 Posted: 16:55:00 19/07/2015
spotlight and blackout are gone. forever. it's all over.
Skylander3112 Gold Sparx Gems: 2115
#18 Posted: 06:15:09 20/07/2015
^ There's always eBay and Amazon
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me