Page 1 of 1
Master Chief and a Warthog [CLOSED]
INTIMIDAT3R Blue Sparx Gems: 857
#1 Posted: 11:55:11 24/06/2015 | Topic Creator
The only way I'm jumping on the Superchargers bandwagon is if XBox gets Master Chief and a Warthog.

Those are much cooler than the Wii's exclusives.

If not, I stand by my earlier statements... I'm done with Skylanders.
---
"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."--- 2 Timothy 4:7
FireMeowth Emerald Sparx Gems: 3230
#2 Posted: 11:58:45 24/06/2015
I'm pretty sure they already confirmed that Bowser and Donkey Kong will be the only guest stars for SuperChargers.

So... bye? :P
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#3 Posted: 12:11:26 24/06/2015
They are not going to put any characters from adult games into a kid's game. Yes, a lot of kid's play halo, but a lot of parents will avoid the game if it looks like it's for adults, or boycott in protest.
Nroc-Nuika Platinum Sparx Gems: 5355
#4 Posted: 12:20:42 24/06/2015
The only reason that DK and Bowser are in Skylanders is because Nintendo has its own Toys-to-life category with Amiibo (plus, their designs already mesh with Skylanders quite well). This gives the figures duel functionality. Nintendo was also offered to have Skylanders be a Nintendo exclusive franchise early in the game's life cycle.

The only way that Xbox or Playstation would also get version exclusive characters is if they bring out their own successful toys-to-life genre which is kid friendly and meshes with the Skylanders' family friendly, kid centric, colourful and imaginative ethos (something which Halo has never done or ever will do)
---
I always forget to check my guestbook
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#5 Posted: 12:33:10 24/06/2015

Sorry but this actually was my reaction pretty much

Why would Master Chief make it into Skylanders? Really just think of how much torture needs to happen to Activison by Master Chief fans to get him in Skylanders.
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#6 Posted: 12:36:08 24/06/2015

See ya!
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
TTD Hunter Gems: 6229
#7 Posted: 13:24:17 24/06/2015
Quote: INTIMIDAT3R
The only way I'm jumping on the Superchargers bandwagon is if XBox gets Master Chief and a Warthog.

In addition to Nroc's comments, those simply do not fit in the skylander universe. Bowser and Donkey Kong's art style is similar to that of the skylanders so they blend really well into the skylander universe. Sorry, but that's never going to happen, they just do not fit - it's like having Yoshi guest star in Assassin's Creed - it's never gonna work.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10026
#8 Posted: 14:23:58 24/06/2015
Alright then, it's not like we're in a shortage of negative fans, you don't need to come back yet.

They wouldn't work unless they were extremely kiddified, and then people would cry it's just not the same. Everyone loses.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#9 Posted: 15:01:40 24/06/2015
Yeah you can pretty much count out anything from a Mature rated franchise. Skylanders adding Bowser & D.K. make sense. They're both fun, fantasy, Rated Everyone and kid friendly franchises. The content mash ups need to make sense...even a little. Halo would make zero sense in Skylands. I'm assuming any kind of practicality wasn't what you were going for.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#10 Posted: 15:11:07 24/06/2015
I personally couldn't figure out a good option for Microsoft that would fit with the game (maybe Conker or Banjo, but those have Nintendo roots). Sony could do Crash Bandicoot or Ratchet. Ratchet would be great, and definitely fits in with vehicles.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#11 Posted: 15:46:14 24/06/2015
I'm playing with Arkham Knight, and it has the best SuperCharger vehicle of them all...the Batmobile!! Even with the season pass that game is 700% cheaper. The game has a lot of parallels to SuperChargers...typically a character only game now has a vehicle. If Activision has solved it like Rocksteady is we'll be good. Unfortunately there's vehicle "zones" whereas in AK you can seamlessly slip in and out of those modes. Different games I know, but I can understand how that will muddy the main experience.

But seriously, if you aren't getting the next game...I think we can understand. I almost DQ'd out in Swap Force...best decision ever not to. I'm questioning why I stayed around for Trap Team. I'm intrigued with this entry and my participation will be pending when "we know it all". Some of us still likes Heroics/Quests. No DQ exits though.
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 15:54:14 24/06/2015 by TakeYourLemons
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#12 Posted: 15:49:40 24/06/2015

Well don't let the door hit you on the way out.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
LittleWizard Yellow Sparx Gems: 1715
#13 Posted: 15:58:41 24/06/2015

NO! At least DK and Bowser go with the cartoon design of Skylanders. Master Chief does not go with it. AT ALL! Plus, all the games are mature. They would not do that.
---
****ing hell its been a long time
#14 Posted: 16:11:51 24/06/2015
Quote: LittleWizard

NO! At least DK and Bowser go with the cartoon design of Skylanders. Master Chief does not go with it. AT ALL! Plus, all the games are mature. They would not do that.

I never thought they'd introduce third party IP into the game but it happened. Never say never. Pandora's box has been opened.
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5355
#15 Posted: 16:39:26 24/06/2015
Quote: Bifrost
They wouldn't work unless they were extremely kiddified, and then people would cry it's just not the same. Everyone loses.

Good point. Judging by how Metroid fans have reacted to the kiddified art style of "Metroid: Federation Force", I think a kiddifed Master Chief in Skylanders would probably draw nothing but bile from Halo fans...
---
Boop me if you see this.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#16 Posted: 16:48:15 24/06/2015

I think a lot more people would abandon the series if they were actually added.

Please leave the Skylands to kids' friendly creative fantasy creatures, thanks.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#17 Posted: 17:01:19 24/06/2015
Quote: Drek95

Yeah, because I don't want to see realistic people with really big guns shooting everything in sight and turn it into a bloodbath. Trigger happy has guns that shoot coins, and I hope that's the closest skylanders will get to having guns.
---
Dead
#18 Posted: 17:05:11 24/06/2015
[User Posted Image]
- - -
#19 Posted: 17:17:36 24/06/2015
Hmpf. I'm ready for Killer Croc or Two Face to join the Skylander army.
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#20 Posted: 18:17:35 24/06/2015
Quote: mega spyro
Quote: Drek95

Yeah, because I don't want to see realistic people with really big guns shooting everything in sight and turn it into a bloodbath. Trigger happy has guns that shoot coins, and I hope that's the closest skylanders will get to having guns.

I agree with mega spyro. Let the boring realistic shooting games and the imaginative unrealistic family-friendly games be two separate things.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
INTIMIDAT3R Blue Sparx Gems: 857
#21 Posted: 19:51:59 24/06/2015 | Topic Creator
They "kiddified" Star Wars and Marvel Comics for Disney Infinity, so why not do it to Master Chief and a Warthog?

Trigger Happy would finally have a worthy partner who would rival his own shooting prowess.
---
"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith."--- 2 Timothy 4:7
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:17:12 24/06/2015 by TTD
#22 Posted: 19:54:54 24/06/2015
Skylanders is not Disney Infinity.

(context lost on mod edited post)
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:19:18 24/06/2015 by Bifrost
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#23 Posted: 19:58:56 24/06/2015
I say, make us some SWAPForce figures based off of the Nicky Cage classic Face/Off.
#24 Posted: 20:05:48 24/06/2015
While we're at it let's add Haninle the Cannible and some characters from Infinity Blade!
---
#25 Posted: 20:10:14 24/06/2015
You guys are playing it too safe. Bloodborne is the BEST game for this! I bet Amygdala would make a great Dark character and the kids will love it.
---
#26 Posted: 20:23:51 24/06/2015
They "kiddified" Star Wars and Marvel Comics for Disney Infinity, so why not do it to Master Chief and a Warthog?

Trigger Happy would finally have a worthy partner who would rival his own shooting prowess.

First off, I've removed your offensive comment aimed at those who disagreed with you, you can't go around attacking people that don't agree with you.

Second of all, Infinity builds its game on using other franchises to build up its character base, secondly Star Wars is a movie, not an established video game franchise. Finally, Star Wars is aimed at family, remember that it has the clone wars to appeal to kids.
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6094
#27 Posted: 20:33:33 24/06/2015
Well, darn. I had such hopes.

[User Posted Image]

(Not really because it's pretty obvious why Nintendo is doing this deal and no one else is, but a Skylanders Lara Croft is still rad. Maybe I'll get my friend to do another Stealth Elf mod for me. :))
LittleWizard Yellow Sparx Gems: 1715
#28 Posted: 20:40:50 24/06/2015
Quote: TTD
[User Posted Image]
- - -

Agreed.

Yeah, but Marvel is superheroes and Star Wars is spaceships.
Halo is guys killing each other.
---
****ing hell its been a long time
#29 Posted: 20:57:19 24/06/2015
Hey guys, I'm quiting Skylanders if they don't give me an exclusive Bayonetta figure of the Demon element.
---
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6094
#30 Posted: 21:10:19 24/06/2015
Quote:
They "kiddified" Star Wars and Marvel Comics

Have...have you ever seen Star Wars or read a Marvel comic? Because they were always, ALWAYS meant for younger audiences. Some bits of the extended franchises are more adult oriented, but the core material is an all-ages deal.
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#31 Posted: 21:37:19 24/06/2015
Quote: ninja9351
Hey guys, I'm quiting Skylanders if they don't give me an exclusive Bayonetta figure of the Demon element.

I need Ratchet, Clank, Captain Qwark and Talwyn, plus Aphelion as the Vehicle (Space! terrain, paired with Ratchet) - all of the Sony-exclusive Q-Force element.

Maybe there should be a thread with stupid exclusive suggestions like this in the Fandom section XP
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:38:02 24/06/2015 by Nightmoon
#32 Posted: 21:57:51 24/06/2015
This has got out of hand, I'm closing the topic.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me