Page 1 of 1
Expectations for Wave 1 & 2
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#1 Posted: 10:51:08 24/06/2015 | Topic Creator
It may be a little early for this, but we already got a good bunch of new Skylanders. I remember someone saying that each Wave will probably have 5 characters, so here's what I think:

Wave 1:
Spitfire (obviously)
Super Shot Stealth Elf (obviously)
Stormblade (obviously)
Fiesta (most likely)
Dive-Clops (pretty much obviously)

Wave 2:
Deep Dive Gill Grunt (obviously)
Shark Shooter Terrafin (obviously)
Hurricane Jet-Vac (most likely)
Nightfall (maybe)
Double Dare Trigger Happy (probably)/Splat (probably not)

(All of the matching vehicles are included as well)

Of course they don't have to put 5 characters in each Wave, they could put 3 characters in Wave and 7 characters in Wave 3. Tell me what you guys think.
ultyzaus Yellow Sparx Gems: 1700
#2 Posted: 12:06:14 24/06/2015
Quote: Deja Vu
It may be a little early for this, but we already got a good bunch of new Skylanders. I remember someone saying that each Wave will probably have 5 characters, so here's what I think:

Wave 1:
Spitfire (obviously)
Super Shot Stealth Elf (obviously)
Stormblade (obviously)
Fiesta (most likely)
Dive-Clops (pretty much obviously)

Wave 2:
Deep Dive Gill Grunt (obviously)
Shark Shooter Terrafin (obviously)
Hurricane Jet-Vac (most likely)
Nightfall (maybe)
Double Dare Trigger Happy (probably)/Splat (probably not)

(All of the matching vehicles are included as well)

Of course they don't have to put 5 characters in each Wave, they could put 3 characters in Wave and 7 characters in Wave 3. Tell me what you guys think.

I think there will be a better balance of brand new and reimagined characters in each wave, not only one re-lander and four new in the same wave or vice versa. The ration should be 3-2 or 3-3 if they allow more each wave.
---
http://ultyzarus.deviantart.com/
223/254, 17 superchargers, 14 vehicles
Characters missing: Rocky Roll, Splat, Nightfall, Thrillipede
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#3 Posted: 12:23:09 24/06/2015
I don't think the waves will follow the same pattern as previous years, since there are fewer figures. Or maybe that's just wishful thinking. I'd like to see about 15 figures and vehicles out before Christmas. Another 2 out right after. The remaining 3 spread out over Spring. I'm assuming figure and matching vehicle will be released at the same time.

All that said, shelf space is going to be harder to come by this year with lego dimensions in the game now. We see smaller spaces for everyone. Stores may take smaller orders simply because they can't have big stock on everything. TRU will be ok, but game stop will suffer. Target and walmart not much better.
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#4 Posted: 12:40:25 24/06/2015
My predictions for wave 1

Starters (obviously)
Starters Amiibo edition

x2 Remake figures
x2 New Superchargers

x5 different vehicles, ("Stealth Copter" and the 4 vehicles for the remake and new superchargers)
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
TheSpyrofan12 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#5 Posted: 16:20:32 24/06/2015
I really don't care what characters are released when.

But I think they should at least release one character of each element and one of each vehicle types before Christmas. I really do hate having to wait months before being able to get every element.
---
Bring the Fanta
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:20:54 24/06/2015 by TheSpyrofan12
GinjaNinja Gold Sparx Gems: 2604
#6 Posted: 16:30:38 24/06/2015
Quote: TheSpyrofan12
I really don't care what characters are released when.

But I think they should at least release one character of each element and one of each vehicle types before Christmas. I really do hate having to wait months before being able to get every element.

Both Swap Force and Trap Team had all elements and zones out by wave 3, so I'm Expecting the same with this year.
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#7 Posted: 17:50:44 24/06/2015
I really don't have any ideas or speculations, but if the way character types and elements have been distributed over the last couple of games (no Sneak Swapper for Swap Force and no Magic Trap Master for Trap Team until multiple waves in), I have a feeling that we're probably in for mismatched SuperCharger/vehicle releases. We might get a lot of characters we want in the first couple of waves, but am fearful that we won't see those characters' vehicles matched up for release in the same wave, leaving certain characters hanging in the wind as far as being able to supercharge their own vehicle until the end of the release cycle. I know it will never happen, but I honestly think it would be incredible if they would just go ahead and release everything at launch each time. People could buy what they want, avoid what they don't and have plenty of time to pick up everything to complete their collections over the whole game cycle instead of the constant scramble to get to retailers early on certain, random dates every 6-8 weeks until the next game gets announced.

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#8 Posted: 18:18:32 24/06/2015
What if, because there's so fewer characters this time around, they don't do waves this time around?
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#9 Posted: 18:18:38 24/06/2015
All I really want in the first or second wave would be Fiesta and Dive Clops for now. Unless I hear about more awesome characters, I'd want just them and then wait for sales to get any of the others this game.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#10 Posted: 18:43:01 24/06/2015
Quote: darkchylde28
I really don't have any ideas or speculations, but if the way character types and elements have been distributed over the last couple of games (no Sneak Swapper for Swap Force and no Magic Trap Master for Trap Team until multiple waves in), I have a feeling that we're probably in for mismatched SuperCharger/vehicle releases. We might get a lot of characters we want in the first couple of waves, but am fearful that we won't see those characters' vehicles matched up for release in the same wave, leaving certain characters hanging in the wind as far as being able to supercharge their own vehicle until the end of the release cycle. I know it will never happen, but I honestly think it would be incredible if they would just go ahead and release everything at launch each time. People could buy what they want, avoid what they don't and have plenty of time to pick up everything to complete their collections over the whole game cycle instead of the constant scramble to get to retailers early on certain, random dates every 6-8 weeks until the next game gets announced.

-Doug

It's also of less value to me to buy a character at the end of the cycle since the game is already done. It's just a checkmark off the purchase list at that point. This year's release of figures is small enough they could pull it off in 2 waves easy...maybe a 3rd by Christmas to round things out.
Greeble Emerald Sparx Gems: 4276
#11 Posted: 19:14:40 24/06/2015
It seems like we're going to get Dive Clops and Stormblade with wave one since they were some of the first ones to be revealed.

I'd guess that the vehicles will arrive late into the 1st wave rather than with their Super Chargers, but that's just me.
---
^ You all know it's true
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#12 Posted: 19:36:54 24/06/2015
I'd say wave one will be everything we've seen at E3 plus Stealth Elf's Chopper and Terrafin's Ground vehicle. That gives people access to two of each vehicle type (not counting Nintendo Starters) and 5 Super Chargers beyond the starter. It will depend if the push the "Super Charged" Two packs they hinted about earlier. That being said maybe not. Weren't the Swap Force two packs released (other than Nitros) released mid cycle for Swap Force?
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#13 Posted: 20:17:34 24/06/2015
Quote: Tigorus
Weren't the Swap Force two packs released (other than Nitros) released mid cycle for Swap Force?

I know they were at least wave 2, if not wave 3. If I remember correctly, Boom Jet was part of wave 3 and was one of the first characters in a two pack outside of the first Nitro or Legendary swappers (launch bundles). I got him the first day he was available at TRU and then ended up seeing him sometime later in 2 packs.

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
GinjaNinja Gold Sparx Gems: 2604
#14 Posted: 22:53:37 24/06/2015
Quote: darkchylde28
Quote: Tigorus
Weren't the Swap Force two packs released (other than Nitros) released mid cycle for Swap Force?

I know they were at least wave 2, if not wave 3. If I remember correctly, Boom Jet was part of wave 3 and was one of the first characters in a two pack outside of the first Nitro or Legendary swappers (launch bundles). I got him the first day he was available at TRU and then ended up seeing him sometime later in 2 packs.

-Doug

Boom Jet, as well as the Swap Force dual packs, we're released in wave 2.
moamahrimatoro Green Sparx Gems: 393
#15 Posted: 00:52:24 25/06/2015
With Super Chargers, I hope they don't pull a Freeze Blade and release someone who was revealed early on much later on.
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#16 Posted: 01:15:25 25/06/2015
Quote: moamahrimatoro
With Super Chargers, I hope they don't pull a Freeze Blade and release someone who was revealed early on much later on.

they will. betcha that will go to fiesta or the goat girl
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#17 Posted: 01:51:01 27/06/2015
I'm guessing for only Wave 1.....for now

Figures: Spitfire, Stormblade, Sure Shot Stealth Elf, Donkey Kong, Bowser (last 2 are Nintendo exclusives)
Vehicles: Hot Streak, Sky Slicer, Dive Bomber, DK's and Bowser's vehicles

If I were to shot for Wave 2

Figures: Dive Clops, Fiesta, Terrafin, Gill Grunt
Vehicles: Shark Tank, Crypt Crusher, Reef Ripper
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#18 Posted: 03:00:49 27/06/2015
Sounds about right. Everything we've been officially demonstrated is definitely wave 1 and 2. At least one from every element minus light/dark.
LittleWizard Yellow Sparx Gems: 1715
#19 Posted: 06:38:26 27/06/2015
This is what I think:

Wave 1-
All Starter Packs
Stormblade
Sky Slicer
Spitfire
Hot Streak
Super Shot Stealth Elf
Stealth Elf Vehicle
Donkey Kong
Barrel Blaster
Bowser
Clown Cruiser
Dive Clops
Dive Bomber

Wave 2-
Shark Shooter Terrafin
Shark Tank
Deep Dive Gill Grunt
Reef Ripper
Nightfall
Sea Shadow
Fiesta
Crypt Crusher
Terrafin Combo
Gill Grunt Combo
Nightfall Combo
Fiesta Combo
---
****ing hell its been a long time
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#20 Posted: 08:01:08 27/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: tigerdr
Quote: moamahrimatoro

they will. betcha that will go to fiesta or the goat girl

Splat (the goat girl) won't be released before Wave 3 for sure.
Pokemon2 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3814
#21 Posted: 15:32:16 27/06/2015
Wave 1:
Spitfire
Bowser
Donkey Kong
Stormblade
Super Shot Stealth Elf
Shark Shooter Terrafin
Dive Clops
Spitfire (single pack)
Stealth Elf (single pack)
Hot Streak
Clown Cruiser
Barrel Blaster
Sky Slicer
Stealth Copter
Shark Tank
Dive Bomber
Hot Streak (single pack)
Terrafin Combo
Stormblade Combo
Spitfire Combo
Stealth Elf Combo
Dive Clops Combo

Wave 2:
Fiesta
Deep Dive Gill Grunt
Double Dare Trigger Happy
Hurricane Jet-Vac
Nightfall
Crypt Crusher
Reef Ripper
Gold Trucker
Jet Stream
Sea Shadow
Fiesta Combo
Gill Grunt Combo
Trigger Happy Combo
Jet-Vac Combo
Nightfall Combo

Wave 3:
Splat
Mega Barf Eruptor
Skull Skater Roller Brawl
High Volt
New Element Supercharger
New Element Supercharger
Sea Splatter
Barf Cycle
Skull Rider
Robo Trucker
New Element Vehicle
New Element Vehicle
Splat Combo
Eruptor Combo
Roller Brawl Combo
High Volt Combo
New Elemental Pack
New Elemental Pack
---
Moved to TimDrake, talk to me there.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:44:06 03/07/2015 by Pokemon2
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me