Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 3 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5
Heart of Fury (Modern Fantasy RP) [CLOSED]
Wyrstel Emerald Sparx Gems: 4341
#101 Posted: 06:13:15 29/06/2015
Myrin pauses as he hears this. Perhaps Melissa was right, he should be more careful. Sitting down in a chair, Myrin sighs and nods. Withdrawing his wallet again, he hands it to Melissa.

"Perhaps you should hold onto it and be in charge of it, until I can find some way to hold back my generosity. I would hate to endanger anyone, because of it. I trust you to take good care of it, unlike myself," he says as he bows his head and looks off into the distance.
Wolfgang Gold Sparx Gems: 2044
#102 Posted: 06:17:39 29/06/2015
"As much as I hate to say it... she's right. There's such a thing as being too giving, even with the means that you have." Gabe said, as he frowned. "Aside from everything that's already been said... I'm, well... worried that people will take advantage of that... of you, and your kindness."
---
♫Cheap smoke, risin' like a spirit in the- soft glow of a New York street.
No glamour or garb can hide the animal heart inside of me.♫
Blackfury96 Blue Sparx Gems: 686
#103 Posted: 06:33:16 29/06/2015
Melissa was surprised indeed as responsibility over hundreds was thrust upon her, she quickly put it in her most secure pocket, and then sat down, "All right, I'll look after it,"
---
Warcraft:The Beginning - I recommend (released May30 in UK and Jun10 in US)
#104 Posted: 07:16:13 29/06/2015
Myrin says nothing, just gazing off into the distance. Slowly he stands and starts to walk off in the direction of the first location, not really caring if the others follow. The light in his eyes starts to fade with each passing minute. His smile disappears to be replaced with a face with no emotion at all. Not a word does Myrin speak as the group travels toward the first location.
#105 Posted: 07:36:24 29/06/2015
"H... hey... are you okay?" Gabe said, half-jogging to speed up to Myrin, before maintaining pace right next to him. "L-listen, don't take it personally... we're just trying to look out for you, y'know?"
---
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#106 Posted: 13:26:39 29/06/2015
Axel just sat there waiting for the group to head off while he started poisoning plants.
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
BlinktheCookie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3556
#107 Posted: 16:03:25 29/06/2015 | Topic Creator
The faun waitress tapped Axel on the shoulder.
"I think your friends are already headed out," she said, pointing out the door to where Gabe and Myrin had taken off.
#108 Posted: 16:08:52 29/06/2015
"Oh, thanks. Sometimes I get distracted." Axel thanked the waitress and followed the group.
---
#109 Posted: 16:55:14 29/06/2015
Myrin just nods but says nothing. His eyes flash threateningly as his wild and untamed nature shows. He doesn't need anyone to watch out for him. Stupid money and stupid humans... He didn't need either of them, he never had. Then right there before the group, he transforms into his true form. Tossing his mane and tail, he rears up and knocks Gabe and anyone else close to him over. Stomping the ground and with his nostrils flaring in anger, Myrin. It is necessary to calm him down, to soothe his pain and anger, before someone gets hurt because of it.

"Stay away from me! You humans have always wanted to control, to contain me! Never! I am free and always will be," Myrin says, his eyes burning with a wildness, unlike anything they have seen. He rears up again and towers over the group.
#110 Posted: 17:05:10 29/06/2015
Gabe tried to put some distance between him and the unicorn, crawling backwards away from him as fast as he could, however, the moment of panic made him momentary lapse the control he'd had on his own form. A light dusting of fur started to grow on his arms, as his nose became more wet and canid. The nails on his hands shifted to resemble claws, and his ears became more pointed and lupine.
---
#111 Posted: 17:34:28 29/06/2015
"Woah!" Axel said running outside staring at Myrin in his true form. He wasn't sure if he should summon a poison whip or not.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:42:30 29/06/2015 by PwnageFTW
#112 Posted: 18:21:11 29/06/2015
Melissa turned into wolf form and created a barrier of poison around her, "We're not even human, well me and Gabe are definetely not, dont know about the others. We arent trying to control you or anwlything like that, please, calm down, we cant fight, we have aomething to do."
---
#113 Posted: 18:23:19 29/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Darcy watched from atop a nearby building, unseen and unheard.
"I told her," she spoke only to herself. "She can't rely on a bunch of hired randos. They're already flaking out, and they haven't even made it to the Runed District," she ranted quietly. "I'd better follow them, make sure they don't botch the job."
With that, she slinked off in the direction of the Runed District.

Dusk was falling, and the Runed District was not far from where they were. Slowly, the runes on it's buildings were becoming more visible from where the group was. A few dotted the street leafing up to the district.
#114 Posted: 18:24:55 29/06/2015
"Can we all just calm down and keep going?" Axel asked the group.
---
#115 Posted: 18:28:24 29/06/2015
"Yeah, what Axel said, please?"
---
#116 Posted: 20:37:56 29/06/2015
Myrin becomes frightened by this and thus even more dangerous. Feeling cornered, he starts backing away, swinging at them with his head and legs as they get advance toward him. He may feel conflicted about hurting those around me but his fear of being contained, controlled and even used, are overriding all these. Stroking him and speaking to him softly is the only way they are going to calm him, that or maybe telepathically calming him with reassurances and gentle words. However the first is the most likely to work as an invasion into his mind, may be seen as an attack against him as well.
#117 Posted: 20:50:38 29/06/2015
Gabe continued to back away from the creature his new friend had become as he lay prone, managing to stop his transformation before he looked too much like a wolfman. "L-listen... we're on your side... nobody here is trying to hold you back." Gabe quickly said, panic very clear in his voice.
---
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8593
#118 Posted: 21:07:52 29/06/2015
"Hey... Myrin.," Darin says as he approached the now frightened beast. He had suspected something with up with the kid, but didn't expect to find out so soon and didn't expect the others to change either. None of them had smelled quite, but he was still caught off guard. However, he could see how frightened he felt... how Myrin felt trapped and cornered. "Listen... we aren't here to control you nor contain you..," he said slowing approaching the unicorn. "Look at my eyes... I know what you've gone through. I know what humans can do...," he said looking into the eyes of the beast. He hesitated. 'I'm.. I'm like you. I'm something else. I know what's it's like to be hunted.. to be trapped..,' he telepathically projected to Myrin. "You can trust us.. you can trust me.," he said calmly. Anyone closely observing could see how his left eye appeared clouded possibly blinded and how a scar had ran deep over the eye. If one had a strong sense of smell, one could possibly smell a hint of his gryphon side.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
#119 Posted: 21:10:06 29/06/2015
Melissa reverted to human form and looked pleadingly at Myrin.
---
#120 Posted: 21:16:03 29/06/2015
"I know what it's like, to be thrown from place to place, to feel like you don't have control of your life, like you can't be free..." Gabe continued after Darin, hoping that his words would help as well. "Trust me, I wouldn't wish it on anyone, and I'll bet the others feel the same."
---
#121 Posted: 21:42:08 29/06/2015
"I was born in enemy territory in wartime, I was hunted from thw moment I rwChed 12, I too fesl for youd"
---
#122 Posted: 22:18:23 29/06/2015
Myrin slowly begins to calm down, but he is still scared. Some gentle stroking could do wonders for the unicorn stallion. Nervously he continues to back away, not striking out, but still frightened. They say that they know what Myrin has gone through, but they have had but a taste of it. Myrin lives it.
#123 Posted: 00:06:41 30/06/2015
"Now that everyone's calmed down, can we please go now? We haven't even gotten off the streets of Greenway yet." Axel said.
---
#124 Posted: 00:13:48 30/06/2015 | Topic Creator
As the sky grew darker, the street lights came on. Most of them in the direction of the Runed District were busted, and the bulbs replaced with luminous magic. There were clusters of odd glowing plants growing from cracks in the concrete. Just down the road, magicians and magical creatures were starting to meet up and chat.
#125 Posted: 00:45:46 30/06/2015
Myrin is under the glowing plants, illuminated by their light. He is laying down, but he does not even look up as as the others reach him. His dark, deep midnight blue eyes are back to normal but he is still frightened. He is still the unicorn stallion that they say before, but now magicians and magical creatures have started coming out. Seeing Myrin, knowing who he is, they will most likely come over.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:59:41 30/06/2015 by Wyrstel
#126 Posted: 00:50:55 30/06/2015 | Topic Creator
OOC: Better I guess

One woman, with arms of bark and leaves sprouting from her hair, approaches him.
"You're a real unicorn, right? I didn't know you could still see one nowadays!"
A few more came close, some looking as if they wanted to ask questions, and others simply curious. A centaur reached down to touch his mane.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:07:46 30/06/2015 by BlinktheCookie
#127 Posted: 01:51:22 30/06/2015
Gabe hesitantly approached Myrin himself, trying to shapeshift away his subtle lupine features. "If... if things get a bit overwhelming, and you need space... don't hesitate to let me know." he said, a kindness to his voice.
---
#128 Posted: 02:00:22 30/06/2015 | Topic Creator
"Seriously?" A stern female voice sounded from across the street. "You guys know the rules about harassing 'rare creatures.' Half of you have been gawked at the same way. I'd expect better from all of you."
At hearing the chastising voice, the crowd stepped away, mumbling to themselves and slinking off to attend to their own business. The owner of the voice stayed in the darkness, but the sound of hooves could be heard.
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8593
#129 Posted: 02:06:23 30/06/2015
Darin looked away from Myrin and towards the sound of the voice. "And who might you be?," he then said with a hint of caution in his voice.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
#130 Posted: 02:09:04 30/06/2015
"Never heard that voice on Greenway before..." Axel said.
---
#131 Posted: 02:26:51 30/06/2015 | Topic Creator
From the darkness, a large, black equine body emerged. A centaur woman, with long black hair and broad shoulders stood across from them, still half-shrouded in darkness. She was wearing nothing but a leather jacket and a crescent moon amulet. On her head was a glistening horn, barely obscured by the shadow.
#132 Posted: 02:39:16 30/06/2015
Myrin stands up and trots up to the centaur woman. Is that really her? After all these years, he wonders as he moves closer to her.
#133 Posted: 02:58:19 30/06/2015 | Topic Creator
"Celeste," she said. "That's... that's my name."
She raised a well-muscled arm to light what appeared to be a cigarette. The spark at it's end, however, was blue. She discarded the match she used into a dirty puddle.
"Don't mind the other folk. They're curious," she scanned the group. "You guys have a reason to be making a commotion out here?"
#134 Posted: 03:09:27 30/06/2015
"My apologies, I thought you were an old friend. Oh, that is quite alright, I don't mind all the attention. If you want you can call them back out. I understand their excitement and curiosity. It is nice to meet you, Celeste. I'm afraid I am the last of my kind. The ancient humans created a great fire and on that very day, the day of my birth, all except one, myself, were burned alive by the hungry flames of their greed. Thus I walk the world alone, Myrin Starwalker, The Last Starlight Unicorn," Myrin says.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 03:54:01 30/06/2015 by Wyrstel
#135 Posted: 03:46:40 30/06/2015 | Topic Creator
"Starlight Unicorns," Celeste said cooly. "Heard of them. You must be a pretty big deal."
She took a puff from her strange cigarette-like roll. She blew smoke from her nostrils that looked like galaxies swirling before it dissipated.
"That's some strong ****," she muttered to herself, looking down at the roll. She looked back up at the group. "We might wanna go further into the Rune. You'll all blend in better."
She began walking down the road, beckoning the group to follow.
#136 Posted: 04:23:52 30/06/2015
Myrin nods and quietly follows after her. Tears stream down his silent face, glistening stars within night skies, as he walks each of his steps. He does not bow his head, or walk slow, but still his agony, his torment and pain is visible. He will not speak a word to the others, however streams flow beneath him, flowers, so beautiful and vibrant, spring from the ground, followed by small, but strong saplings that will someday become great, colossal trees.
#137 Posted: 04:37:23 30/06/2015
Gabe followed the two equine members of the group closely, keeping rather quiet as he walked. Not really sure why what he'd said had set Myrin off, he'd rather not risk another incident like the previous one.
---
#138 Posted: 05:02:46 30/06/2015
Myrin, feeling Gabe's uneasiness, speaks briefly to Celeste before trotting over to the young man and nuzzling him with his head. It is a gentle, kind nuzzle, showing his affection. As he does this however, some of his tears splash onto the ground.

"Speak your mind young one. Do not be afraid. What happened before was no ones fault. It was...something else. Something that I do not know if you could ever truly understand. Nor do I think it is something that you would want to. I would never intentionally hurt you or any of the others, I promise," Myrin says as he slowly turns away.
#139 Posted: 05:28:56 30/06/2015
"Er... I'm getting pretty bad at hiding my emotions, aren't I?" Gabe said, as he turned towards Myrin, not quite expecting the nuzzle. "I... I kinda know what it's like. You know... losing family. First dad, then mom... heck, even my brother shut me out of his life, thinks I'm too much of a freak." he said, his expression darkening, before turning to give a masking smile. "I, er... guess that it isn't the same, though... I can't even begin to pretend to know what you've been through."
---
#140 Posted: 05:58:38 30/06/2015
Melissa remainer silent and just waled along beside the group.
---
#141 Posted: 06:10:54 30/06/2015
Myrin simply nods. It is true, no one can hope to imagine what he has been through. Even those that have been with him, sometimes, only have had small glimpses of it. Still Myrin is glad that they don't. Trotting back over to Celeste, he follows her, step by step, in a hoof beat rhythm.
cyndego Platinum Sparx Gems: 6382
#142 Posted: 17:25:46 30/06/2015
Ooc: Sorry have been on trip for last few days so been unable to post. I try to make some easy way to get back to the story.

Sorin happened to walk close by the group "What is happening, looks serious, and weird" he thought. Sorin decided to follow the group from some distance, just to know what is happening.
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
#143 Posted: 17:37:26 30/06/2015 | Topic Creator
"Anyway," Celeste said, continuing to lead them further into the Runed District. "You'll want to keep the shape-shifting to a minimum in the Greenway district. Full-form shape-shifting is class 3 magic. Usually not permissible in city limits. Precautions, ya know," she took another drag off of her strange, mystic drug. "They don't mind if you're using an alternate form out of necessity. They still might ID you, which is a minor nuisance."
#144 Posted: 18:54:43 30/06/2015
"Human guise it is, then" Gabe said, pulling out his wallet to make sure he had his ID handy. If anyone were to inspect it closely, instead of his ID reading 'Race: Human; Subrace: Therianthrope - Wolf', it read 'Subrace: Therianthrope - Other' among his name, date of birth, gender, and other miscellaneous information.

As they proceeded further through the district, however, one of the faces in the crowd seemed to take interest. It was a musclebound anthropomorphic doberman, standing at about 6'6", with piercing emerald eyes that had the slightest glow to them. He was wearing an odd combination of a tank top and slacks, as though he'd just gotten off of work, and hadn't bothered to change clothing, only remove it. "Gabe, you really need to work on your spelling... I wasn't even sure this was the place you'd meant." he said as he approached, a jovial smile on his face.
---
#145 Posted: 19:54:37 30/06/2015 | Topic Creator
OOC: Celeste's character sheet has been added to the topic post, for anyone who's curious.

"You won't need it much here," Celeste said, noticing his wallet as he pulled it out. "Cops in the Runed District don't care. It's kind of a magical slum, per se."
She noticed the doberman. "Friend of yours?" She asked.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:52:01 01/07/2015 by BlinktheCookie
#146 Posted: 02:52:52 01/07/2015
"Um, yeah, this is 'Lex' Zaiden. He works the rotating night shift at my restaurant, as a guard." Gabe said to Celeste, before turning towards his friend. "And what do you expect? Not only do I have a flip phone, it has, like, the tiniest buttons."

"Eh, not my problem." Lex replied, shrugging. "So, can you fill me in on the details? What's goin' on here?"
---
#147 Posted: 03:21:51 01/07/2015 | Topic Creator
"Yeah," Celeste chimed in. She came to a stop, giving anyone left behind a chance to catch up. "You never mentioned what you were doing in the Runed District. Nobody just happens by here on their evening walk, or some **** like that."
#148 Posted: 03:27:42 01/07/2015
Myrin trots off a short distance before pawing the ground with his hooves as he feels a strange but powerful presence. Raising his glowing horn, he looks around the section that he is in. Could it truly be one of the Furies, that we seek? The unicorn stallion using his hooves and head, searches through piles of rubble that are all around him. Such a strange aura surround the place as rubble is shifted and moved aside, as Myrin searches. Not finding anything he lays down on the lush greenery with beautiful vibrant flowers that he has created around him.
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 04:31:45 01/07/2015 by Wyrstel
#149 Posted: 03:47:44 01/07/2015 | Topic Creator
OOC: Myrin can't change the area into anything. That's too much power for one character to have, and you're halting the plot by making all these major things happen. Until you either change or delete this post, I'm going to ignore it.

Edit: That's better. Remember, no major events. Minor character developments are fine, if you still want him to find the necklace.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 04:29:56 01/07/2015 by BlinktheCookie
#150 Posted: 04:34:07 01/07/2015
OOC: No, it is fine without that part.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:24:41 01/07/2015 by Wyrstel
First | Previous | Page 3 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me