Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5
Heart of Fury (Modern Fantasy RP) [CLOSED]
BlinktheCookie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3556
#51 Posted: 16:56:03 28/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Hazel began fidgeting with her tie, loosening it a bit. The jacket of her black businesswear began to slip off of her shoulders, revealing freckles on them as well. She slipped it the rest of the way off and tossed it into her chair, now only clad in a white tanktop, slacks, and a tie.
Hazel looked at Myrin. Odd-looking kid, She thought.
"You looking to make some extra money?"
Wolfgang Gold Sparx Gems: 2044
#52 Posted: 17:19:08 28/06/2015
This caught Gabe's attention almost immediately, his sensitive ears picking up this bit of their conversation as his eyes had followed the kind man. He took his jacket off and draped it over the seat, to make sure the waitresses didn't think he was a dine 'n' dasher, before walking up to the group, themselves. "Er, did I hear you say 'extra money'?" he asked, hoping at least to make some more money to pay his new acquaintance back for the help.
---
♫Cheap smoke, risin' like a spirit in the- soft glow of a New York street.
No glamour or garb can hide the animal heart inside of me.♫
Wyrstel Emerald Sparx Gems: 4341
#53 Posted: 18:00:23 28/06/2015
"Sure, I could use some extra money, but mostly I just want to help, Myrin says with a smile. So what exactly is it that I need me to do? I am always willing to help whenever I can, in any way that I can."
#54 Posted: 20:04:14 28/06/2015 | Topic Creator
OOC: I added my characters up on the topic post. I'll be adding them as they appear and updating information about them as it is revealed.

"Good."
The tall woman smirked.
"Name's Hazel. Hazel Vassallo. I'm looking to, er... aquire a particular item."
She shifted her shoulders slightly and scanned the room.
"We'll have to retire to one of the back rooms. This isn't exactly a populated place, but it never hurts to cut risks, eh? Anyway, come with me."
She started towards a large door in the back of the cafe, grabbing her coffee and sipping it before heading off.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:50:34 28/06/2015 by BlinktheCookie
#55 Posted: 20:54:39 28/06/2015
Myrin smiles and nods following Hazel.

"By the way, my name is Myrin. It's nice to meet you Hazel. I am ready to help, whenever I can and in whatever way I can," Myrin says, following her.
#56 Posted: 21:01:55 28/06/2015 | Topic Creator
That's the millionth time he's said something like that, she thought. Still, she smiled.
"Good to have you on board, kiddo! I could certainly use a lot of help right now."
She opened the door to reveal a small room with it's own table and a few chairs. It was even dirtier than the rest of the place. There was barely any wallpaper left on it's walls. Hazel pulled one of the chairs out and sat down, waiting for everyone else.
#57 Posted: 21:04:56 28/06/2015
Gabe nervously followed behind, not quite certain what he was getting himself into, but desperate enough for the money to go along with it. He felt as though he could trust Myrin's judgment, at least. "Um, my name's Gabe. Gabe Talbot." he told Hazel, repeating his rather odd introduction.
---
Blackfury96 Blue Sparx Gems: 686
#58 Posted: 21:07:18 28/06/2015
Melissa took a few seconds to regain her composure after hearing the large figure of 500,000. She amiled and walked after Hazel into the back room, "What kind of artifact is it?" she asked.
---
Warcraft:The Beginning - I recommend (released May30 in UK and Jun10 in US)
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8593
#59 Posted: 21:15:24 28/06/2015
Quote:
OOC: Sorry for the delay. smilie Posted an explanation of Darin's telepathic ability. This is something he only really uses in his gryphon form, though he is still capable of it in his elven form.

Telepathy explained: Due to the gryphon's natural inability to speak the common tongue, Darin's means of communication are slightly limited in his gryphon form. While he can speak to animals and other creatures with no issues, his only means of communicating with people is via telepathy. This ability results from his shapeshifter origins and is quite limited in fact. While he can send mental messages and also receive mental replies if the particular user is capable of such, the range is extremely limited and only useful for basic communication. Full mind-reading is not possible with this ability and he can receive what the particular telepathic user wants him to receive. While he can project his "message" into an nearby user, he cannot compel or force someone to do something.

Soon, an elf bearing leather armor and bow entered the seedy cafe. The elve's hair was long and a visable scar could be seen over his left eye-- an eye that appeared to be "clouded" over if closely observed. He looked around the cafe observing the varying individuals. 'Mostly humans... to be expected though.,' he thought to himself. He scanned the place soon spotting the small room and the one who he seemed to be looking for-- and a couple others who already seemed to be seated. He looked at Myrin and at Gabe. He was caught off-guard by the odd appearance of Myrin, but said nothing and slowly approached the table. "Excuse me?," he asked. "Are.. are you Hazel?," he asked with slight hint of a growl. He tried to hide his distrust as he looked at the seemily human individual.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 21:20:29 28/06/2015 by redwes
#60 Posted: 21:16:31 28/06/2015
Myrin follows Hazel into the room. His deep midnight blue eyes gleam in the light. He wonders what this artifact is that she searches for. Also he is just happy to help in any way he can.
#61 Posted: 21:21:22 28/06/2015 | Topic Creator
OOC: Thank you!

"That's me," she replied.
She shifted her sunglasses on her face. Dark in here, she thought, but did not remove them. She peered through the door to see if anyone else was coming, then walked over and shut it. Making her way back, she began to speak as she was sitting down in her chair.
"Are you familiar with the 'Heart Theory?' It's not very widely known, but the idea is this: There is a set of several 'hearts' that are said to be essential in keeping the universe operational. This is a bunch of horse****, of course. I've seen one destroyed, nothing actually happened. Nonetheless, they have... value. To someone who knows how to use one, anyway."
#62 Posted: 21:33:43 28/06/2015
"I know much about this, but never have I truly sought "them". So this is what you seek is one of these "hearts"? Well I will seek it out for you and when I find one, I will let you know. I will be careful who I trust and who I speak to, in order to keep this secret. So where shall I meet you once I have acquired the object," Myrin asks, sitting down in a chair beside Hazel.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:46:40 28/06/2015 by Wyrstel
#63 Posted: 21:37:13 28/06/2015
Darin sat down with the others. "These... hearts. I assume this is what you are after? About the notice?," he then asked. He again looked at Myrin and the individual's strange blue eyes.
---
#64 Posted: 21:44:49 28/06/2015
"I've heard of them, but I don't know a whole lot about them... can you tell us a bit more of what you know about them?" Gabe said, his curiousity piqued.
---
#65 Posted: 21:48:26 28/06/2015 | Topic Creator
"They each have their own properties. They seem to sort of... move around? No idea whether they do it through us or on their own. They all have certain areas they rarely venture far from, however, and one in particular happens to be around here," Hazel replies, fidgeting with her tie again.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:51:45 28/06/2015 by BlinktheCookie
#66 Posted: 21:51:58 28/06/2015
"You say they keep this universe operational. If that is true.. are you sure it's best to seek them out?," Darin asked interested in why one would want such a powerful object or objects.
---
#67 Posted: 22:04:25 28/06/2015
Myrin turns to face Darin, his deep, dark midnight blue eyes sparkling in the light. His long golden hair shines in the sunlight, resembling the rays of the sun. He pauses for a moment and speaks.

"One cannot truly know whether it is best or not to seek these "hearts", without seeing and witnessing them for oneself. I say we seek out these "hearts", and if we find that they are too dangerous, we shall return and let Hazel know what we have discovered. Then we can come together to decide what must be done about these "hearts"," he says, with a eloquent and gentle voice.
#68 Posted: 22:06:25 28/06/2015 | Topic Creator
"Like I said," Hazel sighed. "The universe part ain't entirely true. I saw one get destroyed, and several get tampered with. Nothing happened to the universe as it is. They're just powerful, that's all."
She lit a cigarette before remembering she wasn't in her normal company.
"Hope you guys don't mind the smoke."
#69 Posted: 22:13:39 28/06/2015
Gabe coughed as the smoke reached his nose, but he decided to be polite rather than honest. "Um, it's fine, one of my employees tends to come back from his breaks smelling like smoke, so I'm rather used to it."
---
#70 Posted: 22:14:51 28/06/2015
"Go ahead Hazel, I do not mind it. So, if everything is settled, I am going to start the search. I will report back to you, Hazel when I have discovered one," Myrin says as he slowly stands up and starts walking out the door.
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#71 Posted: 22:18:03 28/06/2015
Name: Axel
Race: Human
Physical Description: Wears a white jacket, spikey black hair and brown eyes, 6 and a half feet tall
Magic Type: Poison
General Skills: Good at construction
Personality: Shy, doesn't really talk much
Short History: When Axel was 6 his parents were killed by a troll leaving him an orphan. He planned on taking revenge on the troll one day.
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:19:38 28/06/2015 by PwnageFTW
#72 Posted: 22:18:37 28/06/2015 | Topic Creator
OOC: Accepted. Remember to have limitations on his abilities.

"Wait just a minute, kid! You don't even have a lead!"
Hazel sighed, placing her palm directly on her forehead. Impatient one, she thought.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:20:29 28/06/2015 by BlinktheCookie
#73 Posted: 22:21:41 28/06/2015
"Wait...," Darin said looked at the impatient Myrin. "Hazel... what else can you tell us?," he then asks.
---
#74 Posted: 22:23:39 28/06/2015
"Oh, I suppose you are right about that. Silly me, what was I thinking? So any ideas as to where to start the search," Myrin asks Hazel.
#75 Posted: 22:26:45 28/06/2015 | Topic Creator
"There heart is referred to as 'Fury,'" Hazel answered. "There are other people who want it, and they'll say a lot of things to keep you from looking. Things about me, mostly. Don't believe a word of it."
She took a puff off of her cigarette before speaking again.
"I wouldn't count on it being in the immediate area. I'd try Greenway's Runed District first. Lots of magic-y folk there. If you can't find it, follow the Runed District on to Firelight. It's a division of Greenway. Lots of magical energy there."
#76 Posted: 22:29:02 28/06/2015
Axel was sitting on the streets of Greenway, no idea why he was still alive. 'Why haven't I commited suicide yet? I've got nothing to live for anyway' Axel thought. Ever since his parents died he let himself go. He sold his old parents house for food about a year ago, now he has no home, and he has to beg for food and money from the people on Greenway. Most people just ignored him, or stole the money out of his hat people put money in, but some people were nice enough to help him. Heck, 1 time a woman adopted him, but with Axel's luck, the woman had a stroke 3 days later and died. Axel didn't know what to do anymore.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:29:43 28/06/2015 by PwnageFTW
#77 Posted: 22:30:29 28/06/2015 | Topic Creator
A newspaper containing Hazel's ad blows by in the breeze, lingering just long enough for Axel to catch it, if he so pleases.
#78 Posted: 22:33:12 28/06/2015
"Hmmm? What's this?" Axel said, holding the newspaper in front of him. It said there was someone he could work for to get money. Axel tried to get many jobs before, but no one accepted him. He had a good feeling about this one though, like he was meant to catch it. "Welp looks like I'm gonna go try to get me a job. Again. Hopefully this time I get accepted...." Axel said.
---
#79 Posted: 22:36:08 28/06/2015 | Topic Creator
The newspaper noted the cafe where one would go to take the job. Luckily, it happened to be just down the street Axel was sitting on.
#80 Posted: 22:38:30 28/06/2015
Axel walked down the street into the cafe. "Ummm, hello? Anyone here I saw an ad in the newspaper about a job." Axel said.
---
#81 Posted: 22:40:29 28/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Hazel was a bit startled by the young man's sudden statement.
"In here, kid! And not so loud."
#82 Posted: 22:41:41 28/06/2015
"Ummm, Hi." Axel said, looking at the woman. "I saw your ad in the newspaper."
---
#83 Posted: 22:46:50 28/06/2015 | Topic Creator
"Yeah, great," Hazel said, noting Axel's size. Good lord, he's a big one. Almost as tall as... her, she thought. Yeah, he'll work juuuust fine.
"I'm looking for a powerful artifact known as a 'heart,'" she replied. "I was just telling these people that they might want to start in he Runed District of town. Just stick together, and don't believe anything anyone tells you guys about me. Capiche?"
#84 Posted: 22:49:15 28/06/2015
"Ok, 'Name's Axel." Axel said.
---
#85 Posted: 23:01:34 28/06/2015
"Axel... seems like an easy name to memorize." Gabe said, as he looked at the newcomer. "Well, if you'd think we would need any more help, there's a friend, employee, actually... of mine that, well, they're in similar financial situation as me, and I think they'd be willing to join us." he said, choosing his pronouns carefully. While it seemed to imply he was masking his friend's gender, he wasn't using the plural words without reason.
---
#86 Posted: 23:10:55 28/06/2015 | Topic Creator
"Friend, you say?" Hazel pondered. "Sure, they can join, provided that they're trustworthy and they can carry their own weight. How about you meet up with them after we're done here, maybe in one of the places I mentioned. Not that I don't like company, I just have a few errands to run."
#87 Posted: 23:12:31 28/06/2015
"My financial situtation is that my parents died when I was 6, a troll killed them." Axel said. "I sold their house for food, and I started living on the streets of Greenway, practicing my poison magic on plants."
---
#88 Posted: 02:49:40 29/06/2015 | Topic Creator
"Uh," Hazel stammered. Damn, she thought. I thought my home life was ****. I almost feel bad.
"I'm sorry to hear that. You'll get your due, all of you will, as long as you bring Fury's Heart," she said, heading out of the door.
"Remember, you'll need to stick together. Lots of ***holes out there. Oh, and if you see that black-haired chick that walked out awhile back, that's Darcy. Don't worry about her. She'll probably just want to make sure you mean well. She worries about me."
And with that, Hazel exits the building, grabbing her jacket along the way. A disgruntled waitress attempts to follow her out, insisting that she hasn't paid yet, but Hazel has now vanished from the scene, leaving her hired help with two leads: The Runed District, and Firelight.
#89 Posted: 02:56:32 29/06/2015
"So, uh." Axel said. "What do we do now?"
---
#90 Posted: 04:40:18 29/06/2015
Myrin chuckles as Hazel calls him kid. If she really knew who and what he is, she would be laughing as well. It is not time yet to reveal himself just yet.
As the stranger asks about what they should do, Myrin breaks the silence.

"Well we should all head to The Runed District and search to see if the "Fury" is there. If we find that it is not there, after doing a through search, we will move onto Firelight. Also remember we must stick together if we are survive, as Hazel says others are searching for it as well. Less friendly folks by the sound of it," Myrin says, looking around at the assembled group.
#91 Posted: 04:53:08 29/06/2015
Gabe pulled out a flip phone, quickly typing a text out to someone with the number pad. "Runed and Firelight, huh? Well, if other people are seeking it out, we should probably head out soon." he said, before slamming the phone shut, and sliding it back into his pocket.
---
#92 Posted: 05:35:27 29/06/2015 | Topic Creator
The Runed District began just a few blocks from the street where the cafe was situated. During the day, it appeared like any other section of the city, made up mostly of smaller buildings. At night, however, the name became more apparent: for in the dark, the protective runes that had been placed by the resident mages on nearly every building glowed and pulsed with colorful energies. If one were to continue through this district, they would reach Firelight.
#93 Posted: 05:35:47 29/06/2015
"Shouldn't we probably pay for the coffee?" asked Melissa who hadn't otherwise spoken the whole meeting, "Not that I'm not as eager as you are, but I son't want unnecessary trouble at my back,"
---
#94 Posted: 05:38:43 29/06/2015 | Topic Creator
A waitress approached. She was humanoid, but there was no mistaking her deer-like features and the clack of her hooves on the linoleum.
"Pay for the coffee? I'd sure appreciate it. That lanky human chick sure was eager to leave," she said, lowering her notepad and waiting for the group to pay.
#95 Posted: 05:49:05 29/06/2015
Myrin has his food that he ordered and his as well as Gabe's refrescos stored for later in boxes and Styrofoam drinking containers. As the waiter lowers her notepad, Myrin walks over and hand her three hundred dollar bills and a fifty. Smiling at the waitress, he speaks.

"That should pay from everything and keep the change miss," he says.
#96 Posted: 05:53:28 29/06/2015
Gabe, who had started to fish through his wallet, looked up in disbelief at how Myrin covered the entire meal with little effort. Blushing, he put the ten that he'd grabbed back in his wallet, quickly closing it and glancing away, looking somewhat ashamed.
---
#97 Posted: 05:53:46 29/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Her eyes widen at the generous payment.
"Uh, ah, thank you very much, sir! You all have a blessed day!" she says, departing from them to put the money in the register.
#98 Posted: 05:58:40 29/06/2015
"I meant pay for the food, not giveher your life savings, now she's going to tell her friends and the rumor will spread and then aomeone looking for the same thing as us will hear and no where to track us down,"
---
#99 Posted: 06:04:51 29/06/2015
Myrin shakes his head as he hears what one of the members of the party says. He has more than enough money to be generous every now and then. Walking over to Melissa, he pulls out his wallet and hands it to her.

"Here, look for yourself miss. Am I broke? Am I penniless from my generous donation of paying for everything and giving the young waitress, a nice tip? Hmm..." he says in frustrated, but still gentle voice.
#100 Posted: 06:08:56 29/06/2015
"I am not worried about your financial state hu-- no, not human-- Myrin, but it is the attwntion it will draw that worries me, the love of money especially by casual workers will cause news of us to spread, and we want to remain discreet if we sont want anyone knowing about the job at hand. I do not dissaprove of your generosity, but could you withhold it for now?"
---
First | Page 2 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me