darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > Can we try to estimate how many chapters there will be?
Page 1 of 1
Can we try to estimate how many chapters there will be?
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8246
#1 Posted: 21:33:45 23/06/2015 | Topic Creator
As you might know chapters are now split into sections by level. When Lou Studdart was playing Cloud Kingdom, (Level 12-14) he said it's about a quarter through the game, possibly meaning we'll get 40-50 levels. Say there's 3 sections per level, how many levels could we expect?
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#2 Posted: 21:37:49 23/06/2015
Not counting Adventure Packs I would expect a total of 18/19 levels.

Really hoping V.V. can truly make them as unique and different from each other as they promised, since level diversity is one of the think I'm looking forward the most in this game. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10026
#3 Posted: 21:44:35 23/06/2015
As I said before,as long as it isn't full of filler, this many levels could work. If 14 is the first quarter then I'd say about 3 worlds at that point(since there's the obligatory tutorial level,Cloudbreather Dragon and then Cloud Kingdom), so maybe 12 worlds,around 40 levels, maybe? We already know some Vehicle sections will be their own levels.

Also I think I'll call them worlds instead of levels, I'll probably mix them up with chapters eventually because I use both terms for previous games.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:48:09 23/06/2015 by Bifrost
TTD Hunter Gems: 6229
#4 Posted: 21:45:19 23/06/2015
I predict that there will be 15 levels with 60 chapters.
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3872
#5 Posted: 21:49:24 23/06/2015
19 levels.Giants had 16, swap force had 17,trap team had 18.See the pattern
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
#6 Posted: 21:55:40 23/06/2015
SWAP Force had only 12 levels (not counting Tower of Time and Sheep Wreck Island).
So there is no pattern going on, as of now.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3872
#7 Posted: 21:56:23 23/06/2015
Quote: Drek95
SWAP Force had only 12 levels (not counting Tower of Time and Sheep Wreck Island).
So there is no pattern going on, as of now.

Its 17 without adventure packs
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
#8 Posted: 22:02:30 23/06/2015
- Mount Cloudbreak
- Cascate Glade
- Mudwater Hollow
- Rampant Ruins
- Iron Jaw Gulch
- Motleyville
- Twisty Tunnels
- Boney Islands
- Winger Keep
- Frostfest Mountains
- Fantasm Forest
- Kaos' Fortress

And then 5 boss levels.
But I'm not going to count them since there weren't any collectables in them, just the boss fight and some treasures.
And they were short.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:05:27 23/06/2015 by Drek95
#9 Posted: 22:04:00 23/06/2015 | Topic Creator
- Mount Cloudbreak
- Cascate Glade
- Mudwater Hollow
- Rampart Ruins
- Iron Jaw Gulch
- Motleyville
- Twisty Tunnels
- Boney Islands
- Winger Keep
- Frostfest Mountains
- Fantasm Forest
- Kaos Fortress

And then 5 boss levels.
But I'm not going to count them since there weren't any collectables in them, just the boss fight and some treasures.
And they were short.

Drek, I like ya, but the boss battles are levels, whether you like it or not.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#10 Posted: 22:04:37 23/06/2015
^Boss levels are not chapters. I categorize them slightly differently. Btw, I like the fact I can replay just the boss battles.

I'm thinking as few as 10 or as many as 15. All they've done is break them up in smaller chunks. I get the nervous feeling that their levels are still going to be long and as such--fewer actual levels.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:05:35 23/06/2015 by TakeYourLemons
#11 Posted: 22:11:22 23/06/2015
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
- Mount Cloudbreak
- Cascate Glade
- Mudwater Hollow
- Rampart Ruins
- Iron Jaw Gulch
- Motleyville
- Twisty Tunnels
- Boney Islands
- Winger Keep
- Frostfest Mountains
- Fantasm Forest
- Kaos Fortress

And then 5 boss levels.
And they were short.

I like you too, my friend, but I can't really consider 5 short boss fight only arenas to be full fledged levels.
4 out of 5 could have simply be the end of their respective Chapters but they cleverly decided to separate them so we wouldn't have to replay a whole level to simply defeat a boss again.

It's like I told you Drill-X battle was a completely different level if it was separated from his factory Chapter.

PS: how is my comma's management going? smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#12 Posted: 22:15:21 23/06/2015 | Topic Creator
- Mount Cloudbreak
- Cascate Glade
- Mudwater Hollow
- Rampart Ruins
- Iron Jaw Gulch
- Motleyville
- Twisty Tunnels
- Boney Islands
- Winger Keep
- Frostfest Mountains
- Fantasm Forest
- Kaos Fortress

And then 5 boss levels.
And they were short.

I like you too, my friend, but I can't really consider 5 short boss fight only arenas to be full fledged levels.
4 out of 5 could have simply be the end of their respective Chapters but they cleverly decided to separate them so we wouldn't have to replay a whole level to simply defeat a boss again.

It's like I told you Drill-X battle was a completely different level if it was separated from his factory Chapter.

Holy crap you remember that man. Pretty good!

Ugh (clears throat), heh, I mean, I see your point. Odds are the boss levels were going to be fleshed out into full levels but VV ran out of time.
---
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#13 Posted: 22:20:48 23/06/2015
52 Chapters, 13 levels...not counting Adventure Packs.
#14 Posted: 22:20:56 23/06/2015

Holy crap you remember that man. Pretty good!

Ugh (clears throat), heh, I mean, I see your point. Odds are the boss levels were going to be fleshed out into full levels but VV ran out of time.

Ahaha, people tell me I have a good memory. smilie
Thanks!

That would have been EPIC but as of now... Sorry but they are too short and content lacking to be compared to other chapters in my opinion.
Hoping they'll have enough time to do all they want, this year.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#15 Posted: 01:59:33 27/06/2015
Who knows, who cares?
As long as there's plenty to keep me happy where it's balanced between SF and TT, I'm all good.
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#16 Posted: 02:57:01 27/06/2015
I'm assuming the OP cares enough to post a topic. smilie
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10026
#17 Posted: 11:34:01 27/06/2015
"Who cares?" Is a huge copout to a topic and hardly an argument. OP cared enough to ask. Users cared enough to reply. One cared enough to dismiss it instead of just ignoring the subject.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Dark Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2623
#18 Posted: 11:02:24 28/06/2015
50+ I hope
I prefer more levels because it makes the game feel longer
---
Psn-Zydren8cookie, FC 3024-5345-8692
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#19 Posted: 13:30:29 28/06/2015
I'm confused at the definition of a 'chapter' and a 'level' or 'world'. OP seems to be saying that chapters contain several levels, while others seem to have reversed the definition and imply levels contain chapters. I have no idea how the game will actually define the breakout of the game, so I'll go with OP's definition...chapters contain levels.

What we know is that VV likes to have long chapters, if SF is an indicator, and that they will breakout major boss battles. We also know that they're will be sections, or levels withing a chapter. I'd guess there are a minimum of 10 chapters, minimum of 2 levels per chapter, plus minimum of 3 separate boss battles.

So minimum: 10*2 + 3 = 23 levels.

On average though, I'd say 12 chapters, 3 levels per chapter, plus 5 separate boss battles.

Average: 12*3 + 5 = 39 levels.

They could very well break apart the walking sections from vehicle sections into separate levels, say then 5 levels per chapter. I don't think this will be the case as we know that the air and sea levels are optional. I'd love it if they did it this way though.

12 * 5 + 5 = 65 levels.

Regardless of how it's broken out though, they seem to aiming for allowing the user to play in short period of time, not having to dedicate 30+ minutes at each sitting. As well, they want to allow a user to replay a favorite area without having to replay less favorite areas. All good things. And, regardless of how it's broken out, we should get as much, if not more, content that SF had.
Boomer05 Red Sparx Gems: 52
#20 Posted: 23:05:55 01/07/2015
I'm hoping for a fairly long game.
---
Kaos vs Bowser!! My life is complete.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me