darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > Any Characters You'd Like to See Fixed in SuperChargers?
Page 1 of 1
Any Characters You'd Like to See Fixed in SuperChargers?
Blink182Bouncer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1659
#1 Posted: 02:39:31 23/06/2015 | Topic Creator
In Swap Force there were some minor issues with certain characters, would anyone like to see how they'd want past characters to be improved?
---
Still Waiting For Legendary Tom DeLonge To Come In The Blink-182 Triple Pack.
WHY DID THEY MAKE MATT SKIBA "CALIFORNIA EDITION EXCLUSIVE"
Reputator Green Sparx Gems: 179
#2 Posted: 03:31:42 23/06/2015
Due to the change in the damage scale, a lot of characters in Trap Team either came off weak or broken. Eye Brawl's most powerful attack, his soul gem, did amazingly poor damage in Trap Team.

So I think a lot of my issues will be resolved in SuperChargers simply because they're returning to the old damage counter.
thumpinator Gold Sparx Gems: 2419
#3 Posted: 05:52:59 23/06/2015
Warnado's eyes
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#4 Posted: 08:12:28 23/06/2015
If we're talking SF to SC, I hope that issue with AI-controlled pets doesn't exist anymore.
---
#all Spyros are valid
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10026
#5 Posted: 08:51:53 23/06/2015
Fix the impossibly competent AI in TT. A hulking beast shouldn't turn 180º in the bink of an eye, or have Doom Challenge villains run FASTER than their regular counterparts. When you use an incredibly powerful move against them, they shouldn't just eat it like you didn't take half their HP away, and ignore stun while you have all of it - that includes ignoring damage over time stuns as well. Hard is never the same as unfair.
(for those that haven't played the game much, that applies to the MAJORITY of enemies, yes even that tiny Eye Scream who'll get killed no matter what)

Those things already solve most of the issues with melee or medium-range skylanders, really, the rest is just adjusting numbers. Get rid of some zeroes and adjust the damage numbers across everyone together(as in, Skull Buddy and Gaia Hammer can still clean house, just make 100 damage be a lot when the average is 30 or 50 if that's how the enemies work in SC), and for the love of Eon keep everyone up to speed. Nobody wants the speed issue from SF again.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:53:02 23/06/2015 by Bifrost
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#6 Posted: 14:47:46 23/06/2015
I just don't want all the Skylanders, old and new, to be nerfed is all.
ultyzaus Yellow Sparx Gems: 1700
#7 Posted: 15:01:19 23/06/2015
Scratch. Even maxed out, she is useless in TT, on NORMAL mode smilie'. If enemies got staggered, then she would still rock I guess...
---
http://ultyzarus.deviantart.com/
223/254, 17 superchargers, 14 vehicles
Characters missing: Rocky Roll, Splat, Nightfall, Thrillipede
griswoldthunder Gold Sparx Gems: 2953
#8 Posted: 18:29:41 23/06/2015
I want Power Punch Pet Vac's color scheme to match the figurine. It made no sense to me why they didn't match in Trap Team.
DaMadNes Blue Sparx Gems: 944
#9 Posted: 19:26:29 23/06/2015
ZAP had an eternal slide in SSA. You could throw down slime, electrocute it and chain more slime to do the electric slide all level. Wish that was back, it mad Zap sooo fun.
ExcitonKnight Gold Sparx Gems: 2753
#10 Posted: 20:35:14 23/06/2015
Bring back Wind-Up to the way he was in SF, he was so butchered in TT.

Also, I 100% agree with Bifrost, the AI in TT was BLEECCHH.
---
Merry Christmas ya filthy animal
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#11 Posted: 21:42:07 23/06/2015
I think a lot of Trap Team physics issues will be solved since this game seems to have the same physic engine SWAP Force had.

I would love if they could keep Trap Team aesthetics for the characters and tweak the ones who had some... Problems (Warnado's eyes and Zap's leg for example).
Oh, and please, fix Wrecking Ball's pupils too; they were sooooo cute up to Giants. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#12 Posted: 22:22:44 23/06/2015
I'm not sure if these remain in Trap Team, but in Swap Force Wrecking Ball was nerfed hugely on his forcefield ball, Cynder has been nerfed since Giants I think, and Prism Break was hard to use his secondary attack in Swap Force as they almost always missed even though it landed right on top of the enemy.
Nroc-Nuika Platinum Sparx Gems: 5355
#13 Posted: 22:58:45 23/06/2015
Phantom Cynder and Turbo Jet Vac need to be fixed. Their Wow Pow upgrades lost their look in TT which was arguably the best thing about those upgrades in the first place.
---
I always forget to check my guestbook
#14 Posted: 23:01:31 23/06/2015
Glossy Cynder wasn't an improvement at all. It's one thing if she was transluscent like her figure,but she looks like she swam in grease or oil ingame.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:01:43 23/06/2015 by Bifrost
#15 Posted: 00:21:40 24/06/2015 | Topic Creator
I'd say give Hoot Loop, Rattle Shake, Drobot, more damage output, allow Drill Seargeant to fire his rockets at a closer distance or at least make his melee do the same damage as the rockets, fix the glitch where Bouncers rockets don't hit the ground after jumping
---
#16 Posted: 00:24:31 24/06/2015
More damage output to... Drobot...?
He already has the highest dps in the game, I think.

That would be a little too much... :/
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#17 Posted: 00:27:34 24/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Drek95
More damage output to... Drobot...?
He already has the highest dps in the game, I think.

That would be a little too much... :/

I'm thinking in term of fixing from Swap Force

Not huge, just from 16 to 18 per shot. And make his blade gears do 60 just cause they hardly ever hit.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:28:08 24/06/2015 by Blink182Bouncer
#18 Posted: 00:27:35 24/06/2015
Yeah,Drobot's great as it is on DPS in TT. They only need to fix his flight mechanics; in TT he'd slow down for no good reason despite using the afterburners and would randomly get out of hover mode if you did that over some uneven terrain. And, of course, TT thinks uneven terrain is having wood transition to dirt or even a small puddle.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:27:53 24/06/2015 by Bifrost
#19 Posted: 00:29:07 24/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bifrost
Yeah,Drobot's great as it is on DPS in TT. They only need to fix his flight mechanics; in TT he'd slow down for no good reason despite using the afterburners and would randomly get out of hover mode if you did that over some uneven terrain. And, of course, TT thinks uneven terrain is having wood transition to dirt or even a small puddle.

But all the characters are OP in Trap Team
---
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#20 Posted: 00:30:59 24/06/2015
Make riptide stronger and less recoil with his whales.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#21 Posted: 00:33:59 24/06/2015
Quote: Blink182Bouncer

Melee characters say otherwise as a Brawl and Chain makes them wish they didn't get out of bed today. A BIG chunk aren't even close to powerful, they're not even fun to use to begin with with the enemy mechanics. Had to switch Pop Fizz's path just for this game since you can't use beast mode at all without getting cheap shots from everything.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:34:25 24/06/2015 by Bifrost
#22 Posted: 00:36:22 24/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Blink182Bouncer

Melee characters say otherwise as a Brawl and Chain makes them wish they didn't get out of bed today. A BIG chunk aren't even close to powerful, they're not even fun to use to begin with with the enemy mechanics. Had to switch Pop Fizz's path just for this game since you can't use beast mode at all without getting cheap shots from everything.

I guess it's cause I'm always in easy mode in TT, but Bash and Riptide were the only characters I experienced your stated problems with but they still take down enemies pretty fast
---
#23 Posted: 00:38:10 24/06/2015
In Easy mode everyone will be OP always because the challenge is minimal to begin with. Medium or Hard is a better way to judge character tiers, since either is the standard the devs must use before adjusting difficulty. Nightmare is definately not that since everything is a damage sponge and a 1KHO machine.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:38:38 24/06/2015 by Bifrost
#24 Posted: 00:49:02 24/06/2015 | Topic Creator
In Easy mode everyone will be OP always because the challenge is minimal to begin with. Medium or Hard is a better way to judge character tiers, since either is the standard the devs must use before adjusting difficulty. Nightmare is definately not that since everything is a damage sponge and a 1KHO machine.

But I enemy health doesn't change in the difficulties in TFB games which is why I dislike them, from there raising the difficulty makes it more frustrating but not more fun

Not that I'm trying to pick a fight. I play normal mode on SF tho...
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:52:21 24/06/2015 by Blink182Bouncer
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#25 Posted: 01:41:16 24/06/2015
Allow Magna Charge to toss the baddies over the edge again.

Revert Flashwing back to the same quick healing ability she has in SF. Now she's super slow and it's too hard to find any spots where her crystals can attach to.

There were several minor things too but Magna Charge and Flashwing where my main characters for SF and it was so hard to basically abandon them for TT. I did replace them with Gearshift and Headrush, but I rather join and grow my forces over the years rather than replace them when they start to suck due to unecessary nerfing.
---
Stay Cool!
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8246
#26 Posted: 02:18:22 24/06/2015
I think a lot of Trap Team physics issues will be solved since this game seems to have the same physic engine SWAP Force had.

I would love if they could keep Trap Team aesthetics for the characters and tweak the ones who had some... Problems (Warnado's eyes and Zap's leg for example).
Oh, and please, fix Wrecking Ball's pupils too; they were sooooo cute up to Giants. smilie

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed it, it drives me nuts, honestly. VV fixed it in SF. Not sure why it's back in TT (Giants engine?). TfB likely work over the model several times and didn't bother to fix it. Makes me feel like they're lazy.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#27 Posted: 09:18:27 24/06/2015
They should really stick with one physic engine (preferably the SWAP Force/SuperChargers one), one graphic engine (might prefer this year's but It's too early to decide), one art style (definitely TfB's) and never alter characters compared to their original stats, if not for fixing bugs and aesthetic issues.

You cannot have a year where certain characters work fine and then have them partially ruined the following one only to fix them again with the next game...
Both developers need to sit down and firmly decide the route they want to take.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#28 Posted: 11:07:32 24/06/2015
Well, we always agreed that the solution is working together, but VV and TFB seem to be making a job out of disharmony.

Not to mention it saves SO MUCH development time. You don't have to balance every single character to every new enemy and test that to the new engine a thousand times - keeping the engine with small necessary changes and an upgrade only when really needed and only adjusting numbers and squashing bugs would be great enough when every game both dev teams seem to be always running out of time for other things.
---
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8246
#29 Posted: 11:48:23 24/06/2015
They should really stick with one physic engine (preferably the SWAP Force/SuperChargers one), one graphic engine (might prefer this year's but It's too early to decide), one art style (definitely TfB's) and never alter characters compared to their original stats, if not for fixing bugs and aesthetic issues.

You cannot have a year where certain characters work fine and then have them partially ruined the following one only to fix them again with the next game...
Both developers need to sit down and firmly decide the route they want to take.

Choosing a certain engine won't effect the art style. I prefer SF/SSC's engine, I think its better graphically and physic's wise.

Also, I think SSC is the perfect mix of TfB's and VV's art styes.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#30 Posted: 16:05:34 24/06/2015

Yeah, I noticed that as well. Go on a wood sloped walkway like in the Marsh and all projectiles simply don't work.

Well, we always agreed that the solution is working together, but VV and TFB seem to be making a job out of disharmony.

Not to mention it saves SO MUCH development time. You don't have to balance every single character to every new enemy and test that to the new engine a thousand times - keeping the engine with small necessary changes and an upgrade only when really needed and only adjusting numbers and squashing bugs would be great enough when every game both dev teams seem to be always running out of time for other things.

Yep.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:09:17 24/06/2015 by TakeYourLemons
Skylanders fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3952
#31 Posted: 00:12:29 25/06/2015
Camo he needs to be fast or stronger.
---
Yep still around just not posting much anymore
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#32 Posted: 06:28:01 25/06/2015
Fix stump smash and his soul gem
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Bloodmourn Green Sparx Gems: 238
#33 Posted: 14:55:50 25/06/2015
I just hope my skylanders feel powerful again. The villains were way more effective and could be practically used limitlessly with timing and upgrades. a lot of non trap team skylanders felt weak.

Also having played trap team first, swap force nightmare mode feels waaaay more enjoyable. Probably because of the knockdown and slow mechanics that seem to be not as effective in trap team.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me