darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > To All the people complaining about DK and Bowser compatability
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
To All the people complaining about DK and Bowser compatability
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5355
#51 Posted: 04:24:04 24/06/2015
Okay, now I understand what you meant.

I still think it's even worse when it happens with the starter packs, though. I don't think they expect most people to go hunting for every variant of every figure, but they must expect that lots of Nintendo owners will want to experience both versions of the game. The Wii U and 3DS versions should be marketed as companions that compliment each other.
---
Boop me if you see this.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#52 Posted: 09:10:32 24/06/2015
Quote: UncleBob
Same thing they expected folks to do with their multiple Jet-Vacs, Cynders, Tree Rexes, Blast Zones, Spyros, and Trigger Happies... Long story short, Activision thanks you for buying extra figures. smilie

Talking about that, we actually two steps back this year.

Not only did we get a repose (3.0 but still repose) while Trap Team console versions didn't had any but we also have the exact same character (and big shock it is the repose) on all the versions of the game, as you pointed out,

And you know why I think they did so?
Because otherwise another Stealth Elf wouldn't have sold well as a separate release.
People will be motivated to buy the new Life SuperCharger because, well it is new but how many customers would buy another Stealth Elf for the fourth time...?
Not to mention this way you are also motivated to get her vehicle too which might have suffered the same fate in Single Packs.

They know reposes aren't selling well or at least not as much as brand new Skylanders so they came up with all this SuperCharger excuse to "rethink" 8 old characters and couple them with vehicles to encourage customers even more.
That's why I will NOT buy a single revamp outside of the mandatory Starter Pack one, this year.
"It's a fan favorite!"
No. It's a developer favorite.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
TTD Hunter Gems: 6229
#53 Posted: 09:35:05 24/06/2015
Nintendo is very protective over their IPs, Bowser & Donkey Kong have been a part of nintendo since the NES. Bringing these characters to other consoles is almost unimaginable to nintendo and nintendo fans, Nintendo's biggest selling point is its rich characters. The way I look at it is if you're a Wii U owner, the chances are that you're already a fan of Donkey Kong and Bowser so it's a win for you. If you don't own a Wii U, the chances are that you're not a big fan of the Mario franchise so Donkey Kong & Bowser being in skylanders shouldn't interest you. That's how the gaming industry works, every console has perks - we're just lucky that it hasn't happened to skylanders sooner. If all consoles had the exact same experiences - what would be the point of having xbox, ps and nintendo? There wouldn't be, there would just be one game console that plays everything - which is not a route of gaming that you want to take, trust me. There would be no competition, the hardware company would get lazy as there is no threat to it, and it would be like a dictatorship - the hardware company will get to pick and choose what games they allow on their system.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#54 Posted: 10:42:25 24/06/2015
I'm all for in-game exclusive features (again Wii U's villain screen was a nice extra which didn't negatively impacted PlayStation and XBOX owners in any way) but Skylanders should always be universal.

Create some Kinect exclusive options or implement the Vita's second screen or even the Move but let me play as all the characters I want to play as.
Luckily for me I don't really want to play as them but there will be PS4/3 and XBOX 360/ONE owners who want to do so and they won't be able.

I at least hope they are writing it VERY CLEAR on the Starter Packs or else they will also have to deal with angry parents who bought a Wii Starter Pack for the racing game but also wanted to use Bowser and Clown Cruiser on their other systems...
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me