Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Dreams revolving around Spyro
Page 1 of 1
Dreams revolving around Spyro [CLOSED]
Radiance Emerald Sparx Gems: 3950
#1 Posted: 00:00:04 22/06/2015 | Topic Creator
A topic that discusses Spyro dreams. I think there was another topic like this one before, but from a few years ago.

Have you ever had a particular dream about everyone's favorite little purple dragon? Were they from years ago, or recent?

I just had a dream, recently on Friday night.

In it, I was flipping through a videogame magazine, when I came across a small handful of screenshots for a new Spyro reboot. The graphics looked outstanding, and Spyro was exploring a large desert level. Like it could have been an open-world platformer! Sandstorms whirled in your path as you grabbed your collectibles and destroyed enemies. (not quite like Scorch or Shady Oasis from Spyro 2; heck, maybe a combination of both levels?)

And I noticed a headline that musician Ilan Rubin from The New Regime/Paramore/AVA was composing the music, having a similar feel to Stewart Copeland.
---
Love is a gift.. Cherish it!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:01:14 22/06/2015 by Radiance
RaymanTwilight Blue Sparx Gems: 947
#2 Posted: 18:57:46 25/06/2015
I had a dream that I found this super super rare demo disk of an unreleased Spyro game at a thrift shop, so I took it home and put it in my PS2. It was Spyro... walking around in this Stone Hill like level on two legs holding a tennis racket, and if you pressed the button you could bounce a ball around the level with it.. or something..

wat.
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12920
#3 Posted: 20:32:23 25/06/2015
I may have mentioned some of these dreams on another topic. I can't remember exactly when I had them as they were a long time ago:

- Insomniac was working on a fourth Spyro game after Year of the Dragon that never got released, but an unfinished ROM of it got leaked online for anyone to play on an emulator. I only remember one of the levels looking like Sunny Villa, but on clouds. All the unused music from Stewart Copeland's website would've been used in that game.

- I was in a castle courtyard that looked like Autumn Plains (not playing a game, but actually there) and it was snowing.

- I was looking for Spyro by jumping through different portals and one of the worlds looked like Moon Fondue from Season of Flame if it was 3D.

- This one isn't Spyro related except the physics reminded me of a glitch in Enter the Dragonfly; I was at a holiday resort and the swimming pool was really deep and the ledge was really high up. I was crawling along the ledge and I slipped and fell through the pool like Spyro falling through a floor. The second before I woke up, I could hear the underwater sfx from EtD.

- There was a Spyro cartoon on TV, but my sister was spiteful and wouldn't let me watch it.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:33:04 25/06/2015 by alicecarp
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7931
#4 Posted: 21:28:57 25/06/2015
I had a dream that Winter Tundra was the only world in Avalar, no separate worlds or anything.

Had one about YOTD where the rivers were black, the skies were grey and Bianca wore black robes that covered her face and scared the living **** out of me
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6124
#5 Posted: 22:03:21 25/06/2015
I know I've dreamed about Spyro, but it was so long ago that I forget the details. I'm just grateful my horrific nightmares haven't latched onto this franchise they way they have just about everything else I like. XD

Pretty sure I've dreamed I was Spyro at least twice and it was fun. :)
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9329
#6 Posted: 11:37:34 26/06/2015
I have dreamt about Spyro, mainly from my childhood, but I don't remember much about them.

I do remember two little snippets from two of the dreams, don't know why I remember these but the first one is that I was in the Sunrise Spring Homeworld following Spyro up the path, and then I fell through the level.

Another thing was that there was gameplay footage of a new Spyro game, I think I had this dream around 2011, when there was the discussion of the Skylanders game, and at the time we only had that one screenshot of him, anyway, I dreamt of him being in the Artisans' World, but the world wasn't exactly the same, I remember the waterfall being a lot larger, with muliple platforms inside of it, and there was a switch that had to be headbash inside to unlock the Sunny Flight level, and it changed the landscape of the area into some type of racing dirt track over by the dragon head to Toasty, and then Spyro was supercharging around the track, that's all I remember.
ladala Yellow Sparx Gems: 1935
#7 Posted: 15:42:46 26/06/2015
When I was really young (and still scared of playing video games with actual danger), I had a nightmare about Spyro 1. I was playing Spyro, and in Artisans homeworld, by the giant dragon head. In the mountain to the right, there was a tunnel I had never seen before. I decided to explore it.

The first thing that happened was a giant hand came out of the side, holding a letter that said "mail." I ignored it. I went through the tunnel, which ended up like a maze with several ways to go, and ended up at a portal. Now, not wanting to go into a "hard world" (any world with enemies that can actually hurt you), I charged my way out of there. But, no matter which way I turned, I always ended up back at the portal. I concluded it was because I didn't get the mail. Anyway, the portal then started sucking Spyro towards it, until he went in.

Once the level loaded, it turned out all of the enemies were taking down the level (like it was a play or something) and singing the cleanup song from Barney. I was very confused, and tried to avoid the enemies a bit, and then woke up.

---

I've had more Spyro dreams over the years, but that's always the only one I can really remember. When Skylanders was first revealed though, (and was about a week away from release) I had thee Skylanders dreams in a row, though.

---

In Dream One I had the game. Spyro was on the portal, and so Spyro was the character I was playing. The point of view was first person as Spyro. He facing an island, with Gill Grunt and Trigger Happy on said island. Dream-me knew that if I had other Skylanders, I could put them on the portal and change Gill Grunt and Trigger Happy with other characters.

Gill Grunt swam across, and had a lot to say. Trigger Happy managed to get across when my back was turned. I remember there being suspiciously-placed wooden boxes in the water that could make a path, but I knew I couldn't jump, so I couldn't get across myself.

Gill Grunt had funny dialogue, but Trigger Happy was just there, and silent. As Spyro, I ended up falling into a pit, and Gill Grunt kept asking where I was. (As in "Spyro, where are you?" Dream-me was happy the characters knew which character I was playing) There was a button in this hole that Spyro could headbash (I think?) to push. I remember Gill Grunt being outside the cave, and when it opened, said something joking about me (Spyro) rushing ahead and getting lost. Don't remember anything past that. Probably woke up at that point.

---

Dream Two I was at McDonalds with my dad and half-sister. I got a Gill Grunt toy, Dad got Trigger Happy, and my half-sister got Spyro. I was surprisingly not jealous, and happy that I got Gill Grunt. Supposedly, these figures could be used in the final game.

---

Dream Three I was playing the game. The game played pretty much how the final version did (I knew how it would play, since I had watched the pre-released videos. First dream was wishful thinking). I was playing as Spyro and was trying to complete an obstacle course which involved using bounce pads to bounce across very thin pillars. It was some sort of optional challenge, I believe, although I don't remember if my dream specified so I might just be making that up now. Regardless, it was hard and I kept falling off.
---
Thank you for releasing me!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me