Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Were there meant to be more "Legend" titles?
Page 1 of 1
Were there meant to be more "Legend" titles? [CLOSED]
WFLD Emerald Sparx Gems: 3647
#1 Posted: 21:35:10 21/06/2015 | Topic Creator
I was surfing around the Spyro wiki whereupon I found this site page in the references section: http://worthplaying.com/articl...terviews/52487/

Down at the bottom of the interview was this Q & A...

Quote:
Q: Will this be the last Spyro game or are there plans to make more after this finale?

MG: Without a doubt, there will be more Spyro games in the future. The entire purpose of the trilogy was to re-establish the characters and the world in a way that would allow for growth and expansion. We’ve only scratched the surface.

Although the answer references the potential for any future Spyro game in general, Mike Graham states that the purpose of the games was to re-establish the characters and the world...for growth and expansion. This infers that future Spyro games would most likely (but not certainly) have be based on the Legend universe. Of course, we got Skylanders instead (and a canceled movie smilie).

Would you have liked things to turn out differently? Would you have preferred/wanted another "Legend" title, or are you happy the way things turned out today? What about a Legend spin-off (not like the Skylanders spin-off series [which kinda was a legend spin-off, but you get the idea smilie])?
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10259
#2 Posted: 21:43:29 21/06/2015
Spyro's Kingdom started out a sequel to DOTD(the Helios Interactive demo),so yes,there were plans.

But after the mess that was(Mike even said they were forced to cut a LOT because of development time,including character development scenes) I don't think they'd be able to fix that. Heck, if that demo became a real thing,the forced edginess of the style would've probably made the reboot a laughingstock like our own Shadow the Hedgehog.

Skylanders or not,the series needed the third reboot no matter what,if not a return to Classic. LOS after the developer switch wrote itself into a corner, be by design for being such a LOTR ripoff, be in story since Ignitus dying in a fire meant they were starting to lose track of what to do to progress the plot. At least Mike Graham and the other writer still stayed in the series,so if they're planning to bring more Legend stuff anytime,they're there to help it be written better. After the comic Return of the Dragon King they also clearly laid out a bit of a setting if they ever decide to do something.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:45:06 21/06/2015 by Bifrost
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#3 Posted: 22:11:37 21/06/2015
After DotD, I didn't need another Legend-verse game. <.>;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
WFLD Emerald Sparx Gems: 3647
#4 Posted: 22:21:12 21/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Oh yea, there was Spyros Kingdom as wellsmilie

When making a game, the story isn't really accounted for or even written until the end phase of the development cycle, and the dev switch didn't help so it is understandable that story elements were...off. The gameplay, apparently, was a rip off of God of War in the earlier titles (I.e. the upgrade system) and the story was, well, lord of the rings like you said so it could really have been better; I agree with that.

I'm fine with the throwbacks the comics are involved in but I wish for them to remain only references for the most part. I wouldn't want to see skylanders fuse directly with the other universes.

These discussions always turn out to be long bits of continuous prose smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:27:11 21/06/2015 by WFLD
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10259
#5 Posted: 22:25:48 21/06/2015
Story being late into the cycle isn't for every game,and LOS is a HEAVILY story-driven game. That wasn't being early or late in development cycle,just lazy at times.

The stuff in the comics aren't exactly trying to rewrite the things in the Skylanders universe,more like continue it. Being connected to all universes and all that means that they can just said it happened elsewhere.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me