darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > online interactions and console version
Page 1 of 1
online interactions and console version
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#1 Posted: 11:32:22 21/06/2015 | Topic Creator
I hesitate to bring up a speculation topic, but oh well.

As we've all seen from the starter pack boxes on all console versions: Online Interactions not rated by EBRB. That means that there is some aspect of the game that is online where you can interact with other players. Could be skystones, could be PvP, could be racing, could be the full game...don't know. And honestly, I'm no expert on typical online play, but I'd assume that players don't have to be on the same console, or brand of console to interact.

Additionally we know that DK and Bowser are exclusive to Nintendo.

So, if the online interaction involves characters in anyway, saying racing, what would happen if a player on wii u with DK...races a player on xbox one with spitfire? Technically, DK would be visible on the xbox one players screen. Is that going to be allowed? Will online play possibly exclude the guest star characters? Maybe only if in an online game with other nintendo players?

Too many assumptions and speculations since we really know nothing about the online play at this point, but definitely something I want to know wants Activision starts talking about the online play.
FrozenLionheart Blue Sparx Gems: 779
#2 Posted: 11:53:11 21/06/2015
Online will never be cross console, hence why you wont get mmos like ffXIV on xbox one because ms wont allow their data to be shared with sony, you don't even really get cross platform play, its all about security and money that wont change.
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#3 Posted: 11:55:00 21/06/2015
Quote: melvimbe
And honestly, I'm no expert on typical online play, but I'd assume that players don't have to be on the same console, or brand of console to interact.

Cross-platform multiplayer is not unheard of, but it is extremely rare, due to a whole mess of issues that most developers and publishers don't want to deal with.
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
ultyzaus Yellow Sparx Gems: 1700
#4 Posted: 12:51:12 21/06/2015
Quote: FrozenLionheart
Online will never be cross console, hence why you wont get mmos like ffXIV on xbox one because ms wont allow their data to be shared with sony, you don't even really get cross platform play, its all about security and money that wont change.

FFXIV IS cross-platform.
---
http://ultyzarus.deviantart.com/
223/254, 17 superchargers, 14 vehicles
Characters missing: Rocky Roll, Splat, Nightfall, Thrillipede
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#5 Posted: 20:09:17 21/06/2015
Would be cool to have coop and pvp online and not only racing.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me