darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > Has the Nintendo characters changed your mind on what system to buy the game on?
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Has the Nintendo characters changed your mind on what system to buy the game on?
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#51 Posted: 22:09:32 22/06/2015
Quote: hotmouse
I don't own a Wii U, and I'm not going to buy one just to play Skylanders.

But I can't play the full game with all the Superchargers unless I have one (they aren't recognised on XBox or PS).

So I'm not going to buy the game.

Simple Logic.

Bye Bye.

Not really logic. You cannot play as two Nintendo characters out of 130+? Why don't you just say you need a flimsy excuse to drop out of the franchise and just be honest? It isn't like the Collection screen is only going to go up to 99% and leave two big question marks that say "Should have bought a WiiU". You can play the whole game on XB1 or PS4.
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#52 Posted: 22:15:26 22/06/2015
Quote: UncleBob
I'm curious for anyone who feels like they aren't getting the "full game" - console-exclusive content for games is nothing new and has been around since, easily, the SNES/Genesis days (one could make an argument for it existing in the Atari/Intellivision/Colecovision days). Have you previously refused to buy games tha features console-exclusive content on other platforms?

Yeah that would be a little extreme for me personally. I wouldn't skip a game that had an exclusive for a certain system port. Although I am scratching my head though as it seems these two exclusives are in the 20/20 head count for Super Chargers. If they were in addition to the 20/20 count I would have less of an issue than them being included in the answer on the F.A.Q. page as being 20/20 with no explanation that 2 of those Super Chargers and Vehicles are system exclusive. So the FAQ general response should have been 18/18 for X-box and PS owners and 20/20 for Nintendo owners. That's my biggest issue. Who knows, maybe they have two more Super Charger/Vehicle sets they're holding back on officially announcing.
DragonShine Yellow Sparx Gems: 1539
#53 Posted: 02:33:48 23/06/2015
Yup was just going to get ps4. Now I am getting wii u and 3ds.
---
Still trying to recruit to my dragon army:S2 Bash, S2 Zap, Thorn Horn Camo, S1 Whirlwind,s1 Cynder
DM235 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1678
#54 Posted: 18:28:06 23/06/2015
Not going to change my mind. My girls don't care for either Bowser or Donkey Kong. If anything, we'll get it for iPad or PS4. Now if they were to introduce Princess Peach, they would have had a chance.
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3872
#55 Posted: 18:34:52 23/06/2015
Yep.Was going to get Wii U but now its Xbox 360
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
DaMadNes Blue Sparx Gems: 944
#56 Posted: 19:41:22 23/06/2015
Was going to get PS4... Going to get Wii U now.

I don't have a ds... may need to get one.
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#57 Posted: 20:56:16 23/06/2015
Quote: DaMadNes
Was going to get PS4... Going to get Wii U now.

I don't have a ds... may need to get one.

You don't need a 3DS if you have a Wii U, just get the Wii version of Superchargers Racing and play it on Wii U. Benefits: You get to play it on a main console, and you don't need to buy a new system in order to play it.
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
hotmouse Green Sparx Gems: 297
#58 Posted: 22:01:25 23/06/2015
Quote: defpally

Not really logic. You cannot play as two Nintendo characters out of 130+? Why don't you just say you need a flimsy excuse to drop out of the franchise and just be honest? It isn't like the Collection screen is only going to go up to 99% and leave two big question marks that say "Should have bought a WiiU". You can play the whole game on XB1 or PS4.

It's not an excuse, flimsy or otherwise - I not only don't need one, but I'd rather not have one.

I'm a completist. I have every Skylander from the first four games (including in-game variants). I can play with all of them. In Sky 5 I won't be able to.

If you aren't a completist, you won't be able to understand. If you are, you'll agree with me.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:03:04 23/06/2015 by hotmouse
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#59 Posted: 22:10:04 23/06/2015
Waiting for more details, but the 3DS version might be worth getting over the Wii version. 3DS has online features while Wii doesn't.

As for being a completeist, I can assure you, I am. Will probably take a new group photo this weekend after getting the last few items (assuming GS has the Yawn traps). I don't understand. If you're a super-completeist whogets everything ever, then you'd logically be buying all versions of the game for all systems - including system bundles (which means you'd already have a Wii from the Wii Giants bundle and a Wii U from the SWAP Force bundle.) So you'd still be able to play with all your new figures, although, perhaps, not on the system of your choice.

If you're not a super-completeist, then you're already making consessions on what you do and don't have in your collection. For example, I don't have all the rare chase variants/event figures. I'm okay with that. If you are in this boat, just add the qualifier of "Universal" figures to what you collect. It's that easy.
#60 Posted: 23:13:40 23/06/2015

It's not an excuse, flimsy or otherwise - I not only don't need one, but I'd rather not have one.

I'm a completist. I have every Skylander from the first four games (including in-game variants). I can play with all of them. In Sky 5 I won't be able to.

If you aren't a completist, you won't be able to understand. If you are, you'll agree with me.

If your concern is being able to play with your existing collection, you can in Super Chargers. Is your concern for new Skylanders or pre-existing ones? Also do you need to own them or be able to play with them. If it's the first then you can always pick them up later when the Starters go on sale. If you need to play them then you're hosed without a Nintendo system.
GoHeels999 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1022
#61 Posted: 14:45:13 25/06/2015
YES! SF and TT on Xbox One, but my kids already say Wii U for Nintendo characters (I expect to see more, hence the lower # of Skylanders).
Bloodmourn Green Sparx Gems: 238
#62 Posted: 15:02:14 25/06/2015
I don't care. I don't own a Nintendo so why would I care about Nintendo characters being in my game?

If I had a Nintendo and I cared about those guys I'd probably be swayed. Honestly though, if they had Megaman in skylanders I'd have bought a Wii U just for that.
Street50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#63 Posted: 16:37:53 25/06/2015
No it hasn't.
I'm still getting the playstation 4 version first. It is the first version I will play and complete.
I also always intended to get the 3ds version because the 3DS games aren't bad either and are a totally separate game anyhow.
I always intended to down the road get a Wii U version when I can get a WiiU software disc really cheap on ebay which tends to just be a few months and by the time all of the waves come out it'll probably be about 10 dollars on Ebay.
Bowser and DK will just have to sit around for a very long time without being played.
hotmouse Green Sparx Gems: 297
#64 Posted: 22:12:50 26/06/2015
Quote: Tigorus

If your concern is being able to play with your existing collection, you can in Super Chargers. Is your concern for new Skylanders or pre-existing ones? Also do you need to own them or be able to play with them. If it's the first then you can always pick them up later when the Starters go on sale. If you need to play them then you're hosed without a Nintendo system.

Yeah, I want to be able to play with them. So I'm hosed.
Star Dragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 5323
#65 Posted: 22:45:39 26/06/2015
No, I'm still getting the Xbox 360 version (I don't have a Wii U and my Wii is gathering dust somewhere).
I will probably get the 3DS version at a later date.
---
What! Marco sent you here? I've got a restraining order against him! - Rapunzel, Spyro 3
#66 Posted: 23:17:49 26/06/2015
Quote: Star Dragon
No, I'm still getting the Xbox 360 version (I don't have a Wii U and my Wii is gathering dust somewhere).
I will probably get the 3DS version at a later date.

Ughh that sucks. I finally caved and got a Wii U. You know what, it's actually a good system. After all the crap I talked about it I'm forced to take it back. I don't know if you have the option but Game Stop has the 8 Gig White Wii U and Swap Force for $229.99 right now Just picked it up last night) and Amazon has it for like $242.00. It's the cheapest Wii U I've found. I'm getting a 3 TB (fixed) external HD for $91 tomorrow so I'll be set. It's a good system after it's said and done. Not quite PS4 but noticeably better than PS3.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:54:09 27/06/2015 by Tigorus
#67 Posted: 23:38:51 26/06/2015
I'm getting a 3 gig external HD for $91 tomorrow so I'll be set. It's a good system after it's said and done.

I hope that's either a mistake in your post or you can get your money back. :D

TRU had the Sky3 Bundle last month for $199 - but that's about the best I've seen. For any potential new buyers, don't worry about the 8GB vs. the 32GB. If you're going to use any of the onboard memory, the little bit you get in either one isn't going to be worth messing with and you'll be getting a hard drive shortly after either way. If you plan on downloading any games, then it won't much matter if you have an 8 or a 32. ;)
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#68 Posted: 23:46:19 26/06/2015
I don't own a Wii U, and I'm not going to buy one just to play Skylanders.

But I can't play the full game with all the Superchargers unless I have one (they aren't recognised on XBox or PS).

So I'm not going to buy the game.

Simple Logic.

Bye Bye.

He wants what he wants. Exclusive skylanders does fly in the face at what the franchise is about...I can understand where he's coming from. His money, his decision.
#69 Posted: 02:53:37 27/06/2015
I'm getting a 3 gig external HD for $91 tomorrow so I'll be set. It's a good system after it's said and done.

I hope that's either a mistake in your post or you can get your money back. smilie

TRU had the Sky3 Bundle last month for $199 - but that's about the best I've seen. For any potential new buyers, don't worry about the 8GB vs. the 32GB. If you're going to use any of the onboard memory, the little bit you get in either one isn't going to be worth messing with and you'll be getting a hard drive shortly after either way. If you plan on downloading any games, then it won't much matter if you have an 8 or a 32. smilie

Whoops...yeah meant 3 TB. Yeah it's one of the pre-approved (Wii U tested by Nintendo) Western Digital externals. Man just missed the $199...I'm o.k. with the $229 though. It's a pretty respectable system though. I feel a lot better about Bowser and D.K. I'm still wondering if Bowser will be his Hammer Slam version as an Amiibo or just a regular Bowser.
Vertalus Blue Sparx Gems: 547
#70 Posted: 22:58:57 28/06/2015
Don't have wii U, I do get the Skylanders for my 3Ds only when they are on sale, would also depend on which Nintendo charecter is in Ds verson.
Other than that I'm getting main starter for Xbox 1
---
Favorite type Skylander: Feline and Dragon. Still need: Echo, Rocky Roll, the ever elusive dark element trap,and more
OnionCakes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1810
#71 Posted: 15:22:28 29/06/2015
I think I'm still going to wait a bit. Disappointed there's no dark edition yet, but I figure I should be able to get either the nintendo ones as Singles or Spitfire...so I'll probably do PS4 and buy singles.
---
Check out my boyfriends Skylander ARTWORK
http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=108425
http://jacob-a-sweet.tumblr.com/
Skylandscaper Emerald Sparx Gems: 3966
#72 Posted: 15:28:40 29/06/2015
Yep. I'll now buy the Wii version along with the WiiU starter.
---
WANTED: regular Chompie Mage. Can be loose. We will open and play with it like all of our Skylanders.
FireMeowth Emerald Sparx Gems: 3230
#73 Posted: 18:21:14 29/06/2015
Quote: OnionCakes
but I figure I should be able to get either the nintendo ones as Singles or Spitfire...

They said the Nintendo characters would only be available in the starter packs to avoid confusion, as they're only playable on Nintendo systems*. Spitfire is pretty much 100% guaranteed to get a single pack, though. :)

(* Of course, they also said "at this time", so they could change their mind and release them in a future wave, though their reasoning is sound.)
TheSpyrofan12 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#74 Posted: 19:33:35 29/06/2015
Yes. Was going to get Xbox 360 version, but now I'm going for Wii U.
---
Bring the Fanta
Ryanator20x6 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1848
#75 Posted: 20:07:17 29/06/2015
I was gonna go for Xbox One, but now I'm getting it for Wii U and 3DS.
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#76 Posted: 20:38:38 29/06/2015
Well, anyone who listens to the SkyCast will know this already, but... NOPE. I've begrudgingly preordered a Wii U copy that I'll likely never use but will be playing the main game/campaign on my PS4. I was already picking up a 3DS copy since I always get the portable version and will likely pick up the tablet version at some point but am still having a hard time getting the bad taste of Nintendo exclusivity out of my mouth.

To clarify (for those that don't listen to the SkyCast): I don't have anything truly against Nintendo getting exclusive playability but hate the fact that the exclusive figures are starter only and am worried about what happens if/when the other big players start demanding similar exclusives. If Sony and MS step up to the plate, instead of buying one extra starter, non-Nintendo players are at least picking up one more extra starter if not more, since Sony has the Vita and MS has various Windows phones & tablets for portable versions of their own.

It started out that we needed to pick up two starters at launch to complete everything--a home console and the 3DS. This year they're bumping it to three (Edit Note: For non-Nintendo players). Next year? It could be as many as six, barring anything special showing up in the "universal" tablet version. Ugh. No thank you.

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:59:51 29/06/2015 by darkchylde28
FireMeowth Emerald Sparx Gems: 3230
#77 Posted: 20:54:13 29/06/2015
Quote: darkchylde28
This year they're bumping it to three.

But... they're not? Wii U + Wii/3DS, then get Spitfire and Hot Streak in single packs (or maybe even a combo pack).

(Also, I don't think Sony or Microsoft can "demand" exclusive content like that.)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:55:18 29/06/2015 by FireMeowth
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#78 Posted: 20:58:22 29/06/2015
Quote: FireMeowth

But... they're not? Wii U + Wii/3DS, then get Spitfire and Hot Streak in single packs (or maybe even a combo pack).

(Also, I don't think Sony or Microsoft can "demand" exclusive content like that.)

They are if you're not going to play on a main Nintendo console. I've previously played on my PS3 and will, going forward, be playing on my PS4. If you're in Camp Nintendo, then yes, this year you can get by with two. Next year? You might get as much sticker shock as those of us who don't own or don't consider the Wii U to be our primary console.

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
#79 Posted: 11:19:22 30/06/2015
Quote: FireMeowth

They are if you're not going to play on a main Nintendo console. I've previously played on my PS3 and will, going forward, be playing on my PS4. If you're in Camp Nintendo, then yes, this year you can get by with two. Next year? You might get as much sticker shock as those of us who don't own or don't consider the Wii U to be our primary console.

-Doug

Except this is a falsehood and you've been "required" to buy more than two starters for every game since Spyro's Adventure *except* Trap Team if you were trying to get everything.

Let's talk about having to buy multiple starter packs to get everything. This seems to be a point of contention amongst some folks and while it's been touched upon a few times, I'd like to delve deeper into it.

For the long time fans of the series, you'll remember Spyro's Adventure. AHH, those sweet and innocent days. You bought a single starter pack and you were good to go, right?

Nope. The main console packs had Spyro, Gill Grunt and Trigger Happy, all three exclusive to these packs. #1.
The 3DS had Dark Spyro as an exclusive. Now, he was released solo down the road, but it was limited distribution (some events, a UK retailer sold him, and I don't know what happened with Target exclusivity - something I'd still love to hear the story behind) - but this was all well after the starter pack was released and he was touted to be exclusive to the 3DS bundle. #2.
Now, if you were lucky and bought your starter pack at Best Buy, you got your Volcanic Vault. Also released later as a bonus, it wasn't advertised really well at first and many folks bought our starters at Toys R Us (for their great sale prices and selection) and found out about the Volcanic Vault later. I bought mine off eBay, but some folks resorted to buying another Starter. I won't count this one, as you *could* have just started with it.
Then you had the 360 system bundle... Walmart exclusive. System + game. Yeah, a Microsoft system at that. You had to get one of these if you wanted the translucent Green Gill Grunt. #3.

Three bundles required. We could throw in the LG version of BattleGrounds, as it was packaged with random figures from Spyro's Adventure (including two randomly-inserted super-rare chase figures) - but we won't count it. You have Two Spyros, a Gill Grunt, a Green Gill Grunt, a Dark Spyro, a Stealth Elf, an Ignitor, two Trigger Happies, maybe a Volcanic Vault, an XBox 360 and three games (3DS, whatever console version you started with and 360 Console version)

Next up, Giants. Right off the bat, you had the Walmart-exclusive Glow-in-the-Dark bundles. GitD Cynder and a special GitD portal. To minimize the overlap, let's say you picked up the GitD version of the 3DS starter to also get the exclusive (at the time) Punch Pop Fizz. Sure, he was released solo later (even in the US, as a GameStop promo figure), but, again, at the time, there was no reason to believe he'd get a solo release. There's #1.
Then, most folks are going to buy a console starter pack. In reality, you don't *need* it, if you know what's being released down the line, but as this is the only way to get Jet-Vac and a regular Cynder at this time, most folks would. But we won't count it, since it isn't *required*.
Next up, Battlegrounds. Buying this gets you a regular Cynder and Jet-Vac. Buy the regular version to get the Platinum Treasure Chest (which does nothing special in the game) and the Series 1.5 Double Trouble figure, which is only in this bundle. #2.
Next up, Battlegrounds. Buying this gets you a regular Cynder and a Jet-Vac. Buy the GameStop-exclusive version to get the Platinum Treasure Chest and Royal Double Trouble, only in this bundle. #3.
Finally, throw down all your monies for your second system bundle you're required to buy - the Blue Wii bundled with Gnarly Tree Rex (or the PS3 bundle, if you're in Europe - but then, you don't get to get Royal Double Trouble. Poor Europeans). Exclusive to this bundle for all evidence we had at the time. Eventually released solo, but we had no reason to believe he would be. Hey, you also get an extra Jet-Vac and Cynder. Congrats. #4.

Four Starter Packs (assuming you didn't buy a console starter at launch). You get a GitD Cynder, three regular Cynders, three regular Jet-Vacs, a Punch Pop Fizz, a Tree Rex, a Gnarly Tree Rex, two Platinum Treasure Chests, a Royal Double Trouble and a Series 1.5 Double Trouble. If you bought a starter at launch, add in another regular Cynder, another Regular Jet-Vac and another Tree Rex. And you have a Blue Wii too. You bought two actual games (3DS and Wii, and probably a third console game at launch) and two download codes for the iOS game. Hope you have an iOS Platform. I don't. I have some iOS download codes I can't use.)

Next up, SWAP Force. Get your Console Version, as Wash Buckler is only in here. Blast Zone and Ninja Stealth Elf as well. #1
Get your 3DS version. The two swappers aren't exclusive, but Volcanic Eruptor was (although he, also, got a promotional release at Best Buy - but we had no way of knowing). - #2.
Get your Dark Edition. GameStop exclusive. Dark Wash Buckler, Dark Blast Zone, Dark Ninja Stealth Elf, Dark Mega Ram Spyro and Dark Slobbertooth. #3.
Think you're done? Think again, my friend. Go buy your Wii U bundle! White, "Basic" Wii U with exclusive Color-shifting Wash Buckler. #4.

So, you've got a Wash Buckler, a Dark Wash Buckler, a Color Shifting Wash Buckler, two Blast Zones, a Dark Blast Zone, a Ninja Stealth Elf, a Dark Ninja Stealth Elf, a Dark Mega Ram Spyro, a Dark Slobbertooth, a Rattle Shake, a Free Ranger, a Volcanic Eruptor, four games (a 3DS version, two console versions, a Wii U version) and a Wii U system.

They got generous with Trap Team. The non-exclusive Dark Starter (for your choice of console) gave you those three exclusives (and three exclusive traps), the regular starter gave you two exclusive figures and two duplicate traps. No need to buy the 3DS version, as both figures in here were released solo and no system bundles this game.

So, two console games, no duplicate characters (unless you *want* to buy the 3DS version), three unique traps and two additional duplicate traps.

This time around, you're looking at getting the Wii U version, the Wii version (or the 3DS version, if you prefer) and one other console version. You end up with two copies of the standard game, one copy of the Racing title, a Bowser and his vehicle, a DK and his vehicle, Spitfire and his vehicle and three Supercharged Stealth Elfs. And, if you're a completeist, then you already have a 360, a Wii and a Wii U system to play each of these games on, so you're set to go there - and you're used to having extra duplicate figures, since every game in the series so far has required you to acquire duplicates to get everyone anyway. Three Stealth Elves are pretty nice, considering, you could have three Jet-Vacs and three Cynders. Of course, we don't know if there will be single packs of Spitfire/Hot Steak released, dark versions, console bundles, etc.

Hope this recap of history helps some folks regain some rationality in their anger process.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:46:11 30/06/2015 by UncleBob
Batzooka119 Ripto Gems: 720
#80 Posted: 15:56:57 30/06/2015
I'm not getting the 3DS version as I've never played the 3DS version, and it's just racing. The Wii version is just bad.
Boomer05 Red Sparx Gems: 52
#81 Posted: 21:32:36 02/07/2015
I'm always with Nintendo.
---
Kaos vs Bowser!! My life is complete.
jesse217 Blue Sparx Gems: 696
#82 Posted: 23:42:19 02/07/2015
Nope, will stick to ps3/ ps4 still not sure which one yet or do like swap force and wait till they're 10$ each and got on both, never will understand this need to have every character, old roomate was like that and he would always complain he didn't have money to go out and party, yet would spend it on every variant/ character he could find, in store and online, i like sticking to deals and favorites. He hasn't even played half of them yet lol, I am pretty content with the ones I have and won't break my wallet just to get two other characters, might only get the wii version when its really low on price to give a reason to play wii other then a few virtual console games, but even then that's unlikely, I have far better things to do then worry about not getting a certain character lol.
---
Currently playing:
Resident evil Revelations, Sword Art Online Hollow Fragment
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:45:10 02/07/2015 by jesse217
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#83 Posted: 12:29:15 06/07/2015
Yes it has mucked things up a bit, but not as much as I originally thought. I need 'Dat Bowser' in my life. But he's 3ds and Wii, so I'll grab the 3DS version to get him, and stick with the XBOne for my main copy. When it comes down to a reasonable price, I'll get the tab;let version (or if there is a owner's pack for that)
- Unreall
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me