darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > Seriously?! Overracting to the Nintendo Characters in Skylanders?!
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Seriously?! Overracting to the Nintendo Characters in Skylanders?! [CLOSED]
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#1 Posted: 06:10:12 19/06/2015 | Topic Creator
I was watching the SuperChargers Nintendo Treehouse Video and all those Comments about OMFG! What is wrong with you?

There's nothing wrong with it. And they wish the death to the series just beacuse of this game getting Nintendo Characters.

One. it's not a Bad Idea.

Two. Skylanders isn't bad game.

Three. They hate Nintendo's E3 Conference, beacuse they didren't have the games they wanted to see there.

Stop being a crybaby to Skylanders and there idea of adding Nintendo Characters and people disliking the video is just dumb. Don't like it? just close the video if it really bothers you.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 10:35:52 19/06/2015 by TTD
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#2 Posted: 06:14:19 19/06/2015
I couldn't agree more with you my friend. E3 this year was a shockingly huge disaster and all because some fans couldn't tolerate not getting what they wanted. No need to be a spoiled brat over your favorite games not being featured the way you wanted to see them. That's why E3 was not the best for Nintendo or fans for that matter. Totally can understand your feelings on this conflict.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#3 Posted: 06:33:50 19/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: GhostRoaster617
I couldn't agree more with you my friend. E3 this year was a shockingly huge disaster and all because some fans couldn't tolerate not getting what they wanted. No need to be a spoiled brat over your favorite games not being featured the way you wanted to see them. That's why E3 was not the best for Nintendo or fans for that matter. Totally can understand your feelings on this conflict.

Beacuse they didren't have there most waited Zelda WiiU "I hate the Nintendo E3's Conference!"

Heck even they are claming that Bowser and D.K. as Rip Offs.
#4 Posted: 06:37:59 19/06/2015
Don't forget how butt hurt they were when they never got their true Metroid game we thought we were gonna get. That new Metroid game we got really ticked off a lot of fans. I for one did not overreact like the majority did and sadly they are bombarding that new game with dislikes for not being a "true Metroid game" just facepalm.
---
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#5 Posted: 06:41:20 19/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Don't forget how butt hurt they were when they never got their true Metroid game we thought we were gonna get. That new Metroid game we got really ticked off a lot of fans. I for one did not overreact like the majority did and sadly they are bombarding that new game with dislikes for not being a "true Metroid game" just facepalm.

Well i don't get all the fudge with the new Metroid Game.

And disliking Skylanders Idea of adding Nintendo Characters just beacuse of a Metroid game is inlogical.
#6 Posted: 06:42:49 19/06/2015
Well basically there's a story going on that fans were so outraged by the new Metroid game that they are now disliking all of E3's videos from Nintendo. It's stupid, but that seems to be the story the fans give.
---
#7 Posted: 06:46:50 19/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Well basically there's a story going on that fans were so outraged by the new Metroid game that they are now disliking all of E3's videos from Nintendo. It's stupid, but that seems to be the story the fans give.

Oh That's the Reason why?

Also there was comments about Skylanders almost like that they should die and sort. What is this 2011? No it isn't.
Garygoh884 Gold Sparx Gems: 2854
#8 Posted: 06:57:17 19/06/2015
Activision always have backup plans than appealing more younger fans. Upon seeing those news, I was like... what? Are they adding other characters just for market dominance alike top markets have? Am I really dreaming?
#9 Posted: 07:01:27 19/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Garygoh884
Activision always have backup plans than appealing more younger fans. Upon seeing those news, I was like... what? Are they adding other characters just for market dominance alike top markets have? Am I really dreaming?

Well there's nothing wrong with the Crossover. Well you don't really need the characters anyway.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#10 Posted: 07:11:18 19/06/2015
To me it is a bad idea (since people are still allowed to have personal opinions even on the Internet) because of its execution not because of the concept itself.

They not only have a ridiculous lore motivation to be there (Kaos threatens to destroy not only the Skylands but the whole Universe so they have been called to help; it makes sense but it is still a weak reason) but they are also the first two platform-exclusive Skylanders.

The whole core of this franchise is having characters which can be played on any console, so I can take it to my friend's house and play with my collection.
This is no more possible, since I cannot use them on my friend's PS4, or PS3, or XBOX 360 or XBOX ONE.

Oh, and, 2 out of the 3 games they are in are probably not even platformers but simple racing games.

I'll be honest I think they simply wanted to add to famous characters to this series, and they did a good work.
But they completely ruined HOW this concept works.

That was no doubt a bad, bad idea which sets a dangerous precedent for this series.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3988
#11 Posted: 07:29:17 19/06/2015
There's far worse, like Soul Calibur 4 adding Star Wars characters in its roster. It didn't bother me though.
---
bye
#12 Posted: 07:59:16 19/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Drek95
To me it is a bad idea (since people are still allowed to have personal opinions even on the Internet) because of its execution not because of the concept itself.

They not only have a ridiculous lore motivation to be there (Kaos threatens to destroy not only the Skylands but the whole Universe so they have been called to help; it makes sense but it is still a weak reason) but they are also the first two platform-exclusive Skylanders.

The whole core of this franchise is having characters which can be played on any console, so I can take it to my friend's house and play with my collection.
This is no more possible, since I cannot use them on my friend's PS4, or PS3, or XBOX 360 or XBOX ONE.

Oh, and, 2 out of the 3 games they are in are probably not even platformers but simple racing games.

I'll be honest I think they simply wanted to add to famous characters to this series, and they did a good work.

That was no doubt a bad, bad idea which sets a dangerous precedent for this series.

The Game isn't ruined beacuse of two characters that can't be playable in on a rival's console.

The Wii and the 3DS are different so what?

Skylanders is still Skylanders. Seriously the fans are turning into Purists.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:37:25 19/06/2015 by TTD
#13 Posted: 08:00:41 19/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: newkill
There's far worse, like Soul Calibur 4 adding Star Wars characters in its roster. It didn't bother me though.

Well true, i have seen that game before.
#14 Posted: 08:33:51 19/06/2015
God... some people are so retarded. I know it's just dislikes on a video but that's pathetic.
---
bye
#15 Posted: 08:41:11 19/06/2015 | Topic Creator
God... some people are so retarded. I know it's just dislikes on a video but that's pathetic.

Don't call me Retarded. Also there's People are saying that they are stealing the characters from Nintendo.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#16 Posted: 08:52:31 19/06/2015
Wow,people using all their insult vocabulary like 13 year olds here, bleeped out or not. Who's getting mad over pixels here?

But seriously I don't LIKE that there are console exclusive skylanders now because it stomps on the concept of lending them to friends no matter the console, but without specific gimmick gates for them, it's really missing out solely on good gameplay. It's something to be unhappy with Acti with for letting other console owners get the short end of the stick,but it's not the end of the world.

Also you really don't know Spyro genwunnerism if you think people will just allow the game to exist without insulting people who are even the slightest okay with it. 5 years didn't change that. Complaining about the complainers is still going to be complaining if you're so mad over that too.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#17 Posted: 08:59:28 19/06/2015
Quote: KeybasHedKey

Don't call me Retarded. Also there's People are saying that they are stealing the characters from Nintendo.

I might have expressed myself incorrectly. It's the people disliking the videos that I find pathetic, not you.

What I meant is that dislikes on a video are not a big deal, but going on a "Youtube disliking spree" is still a pretty stupid thing to do.
---
bye
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:00:26 19/06/2015 by newkill
#18 Posted: 09:01:02 19/06/2015

The Game isn't ruined beacuse of two ******** Characters it can't be playable in on a rival's console.

Skylanders is still Skylanders. Seriously the fans are turning into ******* Purists.

First of all, calm down.
You know writing "*"s instead of bad words may still get you moderated, right?

I'm not saying it ruined the series, but it might in the future, if they keep this concept going.
I don't own a Wii U.
"Only" a Wii and a 3DS and they are apparently not the same as the other versions.
So I won't be able to play as them AT ALL since it looks like it will be a pure racing game and I don't get how using different characters would make any difference.

I don't want to use them, as to me they are not even proper Skylanders, but if I wanted to, I couldn't.
This IS a BAD execution of the idea.
A VERY BAD execution because the whole series is based on universal compatibility.

I doubt they will even be supported by the future entries but still, this is objectively a bad precedent.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:02:49 19/06/2015 by Drek95
Pyrofer Gold Sparx Gems: 2495
#19 Posted: 10:55:14 19/06/2015
The whole idea of "tag your bag of Skylanders to friends house and play them all" is ALREADY ruined.
Hey, let me put figure x on the portal, nope I can't because you don't have the latest game and they are not backwards compatible with older games.

So you can only take your entire collection over to friends who can afford to keep buying the new game each year. It might not seem much to some people but to others this could be a real issue.

I see no problem with a couple platform exclusive figures. If you don't like them, ignore them. It doesn't hurt the franchise at all. It just adds a new bit of fun to the people that DO like them and can play them.

It's like saying there should be no undead element characters because some parents are strict and/or religious and won't let their kids buy and play with "undead" stuff (yes there are lots of parents like this).

With all the different gimmicks being dumped in the next game (can't take your traps to your mates house to play if he only has the games before and/or after trap team) I really don't see a problem here. Compatibility is a hot mess already and it shouldn't stop innovation and fun in the game for those that are in the majority and can enjoy it.
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#20 Posted: 10:55:44 19/06/2015
I have a xbox one as well. I've never had a 3DS,and all this time, I haven't been able to play the 3DS version. All those villains and story lines, I was specifically EXCLUDED and it's not FAIR. It was just horrible execution.

Yes, the above is fake outrage. I don't see the above situation as any different then the current figure concern. So you can't play as DK/Bowser and someone else does. If there were only 18 characters this go round, and no one at all got to play DK/Bowser, no body would be complaining. Suddenly, it's horrible because someone gets something and I don't.

Understand from a completionist standpoint, that this is annoying. I somewhat miss the days when figures were harder to come by, and this could make 'hunting' a little more fun. I was thinking about get a wii u as well, and this little development may be what puts me over the edge. If I don't then I won't play as they characters. I might get them anyway, or I might not. My choice.

Personally, I think this is a great business move. Both companies gain a lot from this crossover.
MetaVolca Green Sparx Gems: 464
#21 Posted: 11:53:22 19/06/2015

There's even a petition with 12,000 supporters to stop it!
---
"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#22 Posted: 12:37:03 19/06/2015

The Game isn't ruined beacuse of two characters that can't be playable in on a rival's console.

Skylanders is still Skylanders. Seriously the fans are turning into Purists.

People are free to discuss what they like and don't like. Why don't YOU try stop being a crybaby because you don't agree?

My problem is lack of availability. The franchise is about universal access of figures across consoles and portability. This limits that. It also discounts skylanders because this gives the notion that their current roster isn't strong enough. It's a fun idea and all--if EVERYONE could enjoy it.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 12:38:42 19/06/2015 by TakeYourLemons
Blink182Bouncer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1659
#23 Posted: 12:47:22 19/06/2015
Quote: Pyrofer
The whole idea of "tag your bag of Skylanders to friends house and play them all" is ALREADY ruined.
Hey, let me put figure x on the portal, nope I can't because you don't have the latest game and they are not backwards compatible with older games.

So you can only take your entire collection over to friends who can afford to keep buying the new game each year. It might not seem much to some people but to others this could be a real issue.

I see no problem with a couple platform exclusive figures. If you don't like them, ignore them. It doesn't hurt the franchise at all. It just adds a new bit of fun to the people that DO like them and can play them.

It's like saying there should be no undead element characters because some parents are strict and/or religious and won't let their kids buy and play with "undead" stuff (yes there are lots of parents like this).

With all the different gimmicks being dumped in the next game (can't take your traps to your mates house to play if he only has the games before and/or after trap team) I really don't see a problem here. Compatibility is a hot mess already and it shouldn't stop innovation and fun in the game for those that are in the majority and can enjoy it.

I was gonna state your argument, I %100 agree
---
Still Waiting For Legendary Tom DeLonge To Come In The Blink-182 Triple Pack.
WHY DID THEY MAKE MATT SKIBA "CALIFORNIA EDITION EXCLUSIVE"
Skylanders fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3952
#24 Posted: 12:51:25 19/06/2015

The Game isn't ruined beacuse of two ******** Characters it can't be playable in on a rival's console.

Skylanders is still Skylanders. Seriously the fans are turning into ******* Purists.

First of all, calm down.
You know writing "*"s instead of bad words may still get you moderated, right?

I'm not saying it ruined the series, but it might in the future, if they keep this concept going.
I don't own a Wii U.
"Only" a Wii and a 3DS and they are apparently not the same as the other versions.
So I won't be able to play as them AT ALL since it looks like it will be a pure racing game and I don't get how using different characters would make any difference.

I don't want to use them, as to me they are not even proper Skylanders, but if I wanted to, I couldn't.
This IS a BAD execution of the idea.
A VERY BAD execution because the whole series is based on universal compatibility.

I doubt they will even be supported by the future entries but still, this is objectively a bad precedent.

How can adding two charcters eventually ruin skylanders.
And why would they not work in future game its not like the bad guys where you needed traps and had a timer.
And if Playstaion and Xbox want charcters only on there systems they proably could have gotten it
---
Yep still around just not posting much anymore
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#25 Posted: 13:46:09 19/06/2015
Activision and Nintendo may only have an agreement for this one game. If so, then DK and Bowser cannot be playable in Sky 6. However, that would make the whole "Skylanders is ruined" argument even less valid. All this would be is a small blip.

I get that everyone has an opinion. But some of the assumptions that people are basing their opinions on are just plan wrong. The lore of Skylanders simply isn't that important to the vast majority of customers. I think the idea of being able to play these guys in skylands far outweighs the lore. And, yes, some people will get DK and bowser thinking they can play them, but it will be clearly marked on the box (it should anyway), and it's pretty common knowledge of everyone who remotely follows gaming that Nintendo characters only work on Nintendo devices.

It seems like a lot of people upset that there something cool out there that some people benefit from, but not them, so they want to poo poo it.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#26 Posted: 13:58:21 19/06/2015
Y'all don't get who the hate is from. It's from the groups of Amiibo fanboys who immediately treat Nintendo as gods and consider Skylanders and DI to be horrible games, just because they're meant more for "kiddies."

It's not the Skylanders fans that hate this, it's the Amiibo fans. Most of them are being major arses about it on several sites I visit, literally comparing them to McDonalds toys (which is literally the stupidest thing I've heard from that community).
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#27 Posted: 14:12:15 19/06/2015
Quote: Matteomax
Y'all don't get who the hate is from. It's from the groups of Amiibo fanboys who immediately treat Nintendo as gods and consider Skylanders and DI to be horrible games, just because they're meant more for "kiddies."

It's not the Skylanders fans that hate this, it's the Amiibo fans. Most of them are being major arses about it on several sites I visit, literally comparing them to McDonalds toys (which is literally the stupidest thing I've heard from that community).

Exactly. I don't like Nintendo at all. I hate them as a matter of fact for their bucket headed execution on their products. They are so affluent and stuck up about their brain dead theory about console exclusivity, it makes me want to pound them with Hammer Slam Bowser's Hammer. I swear a 9 year old could run their corporation better than they do. And if anything needs to be compared to MCDonalds Toys it's their nearly functionless, overpriced, undeatailed Amiibos, which I unfortunatly can't compare to McDonalds toys since I CAN'T FIND ANY THAT ARN'T 5 TIMES MORE EXPENSIVE ON E-FREAKING-BAY.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
Greeble Emerald Sparx Gems: 4276
#28 Posted: 14:21:44 19/06/2015

If anyone should be annoyed it should be the Skylander fans, namely us.

Skylanders existed way before Amiibos and now because they're trying to link the 2, the amiibo fans are crying about it.

Get a life people, it's not as if DK and Bowser are suddenly going to disappear from Mario and Donkey Kong.

If anything i would have thought they'd be excited because they have yet more Amiibos to add to their collections and drool over, btw i know that is just a minority of the fans but you get my point.

As a Skylander fan i couldn't care less about them being added, what upset me was the fact that the Nintendo games have all been downgraded to purely racing.

Why Wii, Greebs has always supported you and then you do this to me :'(
---
^ You all know it's true
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#29 Posted: 14:34:41 19/06/2015
Quote: ninja9351

Exactly. I don't like Nintendo at all. I hate them as a matter of fact for their bucket headed execution on their products. They are so affluent and stuck up about their brain dead theory about console exclusivity, it makes me want to pound them with Hammer Slam Bowser's Hammer. I swear a 9 year old could run their corporation better than they do. And if anything needs to be compared to MCDonalds Toys it's their nearly functionless, overpriced, undeatailed Amiibos, which I unfortunatly can't compare to McDonalds toys since I CAN'T FIND ANY THAT ARN'T 5 TIMES MORE EXPENSIVE ON E-FREAKING-BAY.

You have very serious emotional problems.
It's just a crossover.
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#30 Posted: 14:36:44 19/06/2015
As a Nintendo fan, I think this is really cool. But with that said, I do think that it is unfair how us Nintendo players get not one, but two exclusive characters that only we can play as, leaving the Xbox and PlayStation users behind. So while I don't agree with all the negativity this is getting, I do understand it.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#31 Posted: 14:39:07 19/06/2015
Quote: XSparxX
Quote: ninja9351

You have very serious emotional problems.
It's just a crossover.

It not them crossover, I love crossovers, I want more in the future. I don't mind this crossover. Nothing in that post was about crossovers. That post was about how much I hate Nintendo in general. I've hated them since before Amiibos were even a thing because of the stupid things they do.
---
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#32 Posted: 14:43:46 19/06/2015
Quote: AdamGregory03
As a Nintendo fan, I think this is really cool. But with that said, I do think that it is unfair how us Nintendo players get not one, but two exclusive characters that only we can play as, leaving the Xbox and PlayStation users behind. So while I don't agree with all the negativity this is getting, I do understand it.

Most time, Nintendo players treated unfairly by third party studios, with cut or missing content in multi games, compared to Sony and Microsoft players. So it's nice to hear we Nintendo fans get something that the others console versions do not have.
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
#33 Posted: 14:44:56 19/06/2015
Quote: AdamGregory03

I think it comes down to 3 things.

1. Amiibos are a craze and they want to throw Skylanders into the mix because it's just as popular.
2. Licensing is different for each of the systems and possibly Nintendo were easier to deal with.
3. The Nintendo systems are starting to decline in popularity with Skylander fans, so they made some exclusives to try and get them back.
---
^ You all know it's true
#34 Posted: 14:48:02 19/06/2015
Ok Ninja,hate Ninty all you want, but that's not the point.

But guys even some Skylanders fans are up in arms over it elsewhere, probably because like a good chunk of DS they pretend to know the canon when they don't even bother to read the Amiibolander backstories. Everyone just assumes Acti will gobble up the IPs of Bowser and DK for more Skylanders games, which is in the nicest way I can put it freaking stupid.

But getting mad over a huge dislike bar in all the videos about it? C'mon guys, you should know better than to venture into the YT community. This has been the norm ever since that fated Feb 2011.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:48:36 19/06/2015 by Bifrost
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#35 Posted: 14:49:54 19/06/2015
its good to see that mister KeybasHedKey here, got his dream game... and aint whining about others that didnt smilie
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#36 Posted: 14:51:07 19/06/2015
Quote: Bifrost
Ok Ninja,hate Ninty all you want, but that's not the point.

But guys even some Skylanders fans are up in arms over it elsewhere, probably because like a good chunk of DS they pretend to know the canon when they don't even bother to read the Amiibolander backstories. Everyone just assumes Acti will gobble up the IPs of Bowser and DK for more Skylanders games, which is in the nicest way I can put it freaking stupid.

But getting mad over a huge dislike bar in all the videos about it? C'mon guys, you should know better than to venture into the YT community. This has been the norm ever since that fated Feb 2011.

At the end of the day it's a game, if they don't like the way it's been done, don't play it.
---
^ You all know it's true
OimakKamio Yellow Sparx Gems: 1643
#37 Posted: 14:56:28 19/06/2015
I love it, but i have a Wii U and 3ds and PS4, so like always i'll get the Dark Edition on PS4, i'll wait and get the Wii U edition down the road like i did the Tablet edition last year and then i'll get the 3ds version cause my kid plays them everywhere. But i understand both sides personally.
---
Lioned33 PS4
LORD OIMAK XBOX
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#38 Posted: 17:07:39 19/06/2015
Regardless of the whining and all the points raised here, this partnership is happening, so both Skylanders fans and Amiibo fans need to put on their big boy pants and take things in stride as with all things in life that we can't control...at the end of the day, it's just a video game and will be another footnote in the gaming history of many a year from now. It's funny...I seriously don't think any kids in the target Skylanders demographic of ages 4-8 that are complaining...why is everybody else (mostly adults who should know better and should have grown out an immature whiny phase) up in arms about it? Take a step back and think about that.
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#39 Posted: 17:15:22 19/06/2015
Quote: Greeble
As a Skylander fan i couldn't care less about them being added, what upset me was the fact that the Nintendo games have all been downgraded to purely racing.

Why Wii, Greebs has always supported you and then you do this to me :'(

Wii U is the main version, only one console got downgraded from main version to side game, and understandably so, being really weak even in comparison to the other two consoles of the same generation. At least Wii U owners have the ability to play two new Skylanders games on their console, where all others only get one.

I fully expect all of 7th gen to be dropped next year - Wii might be able to grasp on to a last side game.
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
DragonShine Yellow Sparx Gems: 1539
#40 Posted: 18:04:28 19/06/2015
I like the crossover as a collector of both. I hate seeing people attack the other side since it's childish and whiny.
---
Still trying to recruit to my dragon army:S2 Bash, S2 Zap, Thorn Horn Camo, S1 Whirlwind,s1 Cynder
#41 Posted: 20:55:19 19/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: CountMoneyBone
its good to see that mister KeybasHedKey here, got his dream game... and aint whining about others that didnt smilie

I'm a girl you know.
#42 Posted: 00:05:13 20/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Seriously calm down i'm not saying your are Crybabies it's just annoying how People is diisliking a video on YouTube just beacuse Skylanders is in it.

You all are such a bunch of softies you only want to find an excuse to attack me.

Really the Internet always has an Excuse to attack me.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:06:33 20/06/2015 by KeybasHedKey
#43 Posted: 00:06:31 20/06/2015
Quote: Pyrofer

Well, I do agree with you but it's not the same thing.

First of all yes, of course I can't play my Trap Masters on your SWAP Force, they keep saying it everywhere (site, videos, Starter Packs, commercials) and yet a lot of parents in stores find it hard to understand.
I witnessed a mom buying 4 Trap Masters and then asking the GameStop employee if they were compatible with SWAP Force.
And she was one of the luckiest ones since many don't even ask!

But this is a completely different thing.
For the first time ever I cannot play with my characters from the new game on your console with the same game on (or vice versa).
It's not a matter of game compatibility but console compatibility.

And again, I don't care about them so it's not a big deal but my thoughts go to the kids who wanted to play them but... Oooooh, too bad, they can't because they "only" own a PlayStation or XBOX.
And not everyone can afford ANOTHER Starter Pack nor wants to buy on eBay, in case Spitfire and Hot Streak aren't sold separately too.

My cousins are already mad about this choice (and they LOVE both Donkey Kong and Bowser and own a Wii U but, big shock they wanted Spitfire and Hot Streak) so it's not hard to imagine others thinking the same.
Of course Super Shot Stealth Elf is in every single Starter Pack.
They never even thought about replacing her with someone else...

I love this series, it started the whole TTL concept and truly made it shine, so it's really sad when it also makes this mistakes the competitors won't probably repeat.
But again, if you like it, no problem.
Opinions are opinions. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:08:24 20/06/2015 by Drek95
#44 Posted: 00:10:35 20/06/2015

Here's your problem, you're looking at youtube comments.
Before you call us softies notice that we're not the ones thinking the bottom of the barrel of maturity actually is something to be concerned about.Playing victim won't make us nicer towards you if you act like that.
---
#45 Posted: 00:14:34 20/06/2015 | Topic Creator

Before you call us softies notice that we're not the ones thinking the bottom of the barrel of maturity actually is something to be concerned about.Playing victim won't make us nicer towards you if you act like that.

Who cares if i look at comments? And i'm not a victim.

Really people always is picking on me.
#46 Posted: 00:18:10 20/06/2015
You're being super rude and then come in saying that people pick on you and always want to attack you, how is that not...?

Sigh, I'm done. Get mad over comments all you want, maybe one day they'll care back.
Heh, YT comments ever doing something nice and/or respectful.
---
preciousawaken Yellow Sparx Gems: 1774
#47 Posted: 00:19:38 20/06/2015
I do think it is a cool idea that they are incorporating Amiibos into Skylanders. My major problem with it is that there is a high potential it takes 2 skylanders away that could be playable on Xbox and PS. I do not like the idea of only getting 18 characters because there is only 1 light and 1 dark and really do not like the idea if the extra light and dark were replaced by Bowser and DK. It just seems to short change PS and Xbox players which annoys me.
#48 Posted: 00:19:43 20/06/2015

The problem is not looking at the comments but taking them too seriously, as Bifrost said.

They are Nintendo fanboys or immature trolls.
Who cares?
If they don't support what they say with serious motivations you should not consider them at all.

That being said, there might be people who think the same but also don't act so childishly.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#49 Posted: 00:20:51 20/06/2015

They're just jealous because our figures actually DO something smilie

Just chillin and relaxin'. Ain't nobody got time for that.
#50 Posted: 00:21:04 20/06/2015

Who is picking on you? We are carrying on a civilized discussion about a topic. You're one of the "softies" if that offends you.
---
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me