Page 1 of 1
Acquiring DK, Bowser AND Spitfire?
Lockdude Blue Sparx Gems: 528
#1 Posted: 09:12:59 17/06/2015 | Topic Creator
So far my action plan is this.
Buy Wii U starter pack for DK
But N3DS starter pack for Bowser (loosely justifying that it's different because it's a racing game)
Wait to buy a preowned Spitfire at my local games shop.

Anyone got a better solution?
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5023
#2 Posted: 09:15:24 17/06/2015
im sure Spitfire will be sold separately or there will come a variation of him. they are not gonna force wiiu owners to buy another starter pack for another system they dont own.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#3 Posted: 10:30:05 17/06/2015
The E3 exclusive is Hot Streak, in it's own separate packaging. It's a small leap to assume that there will be a standard hot streak available in it's own packaging as well. It's another small leap to assume Spitfire will have it's own packaging, since Spitfire and Hot Streaked are paired.

As for DK and Bowser, I'm hopeful they have these in separate packaging, but I'm doubtful. Since they technically come in two separate games, there is less of a need. However, if you have a wii (not wii u), you'd get Bowser, but you could still play as DK. Regardless, there will be a market for the figures separately. The question is, are they going to be greedy and hope people are willing to pay $75 for them?
Blink182Bouncer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1659
#4 Posted: 12:56:43 17/06/2015
Between the Wii/U/3DS version and the Digital Portal owners pack, no way they won't release a spitfire single pack
---
Still Waiting For Legendary Tom DeLonge To Come In The Blink-182 Triple Pack.
WHY DID THEY MAKE MATT SKIBA "CALIFORNIA EDITION EXCLUSIVE"
Greeble Emerald Sparx Gems: 4276
#5 Posted: 13:04:36 17/06/2015
I like a challenge smilie

I managed to track down every one of the original minis.

This shouldn't be too difficult.

I'm sure Hot Streak and Spitfire will be sold separately so that people with Nintendo versions will be able to get them.

Otherwise fans will lose interest rapidly if they start to be messed around.
---
^ You all know it's true
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#6 Posted: 13:10:16 17/06/2015
Even if Spitfire and Hot Streak will be released as Singles or Double Packs this won't change the fact that 2 Skylanders won't be universal for the very first time in the series.

This means I can use Spitfire on te Wii U version but can't use Donkey Kong on non Nintendo platforms.
I understand they would get in troubles with rights and royalties but really, why make this whole thing, to begin with if it would have meant excluding a good part of the customers...?

Not a good move if you ask me.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#7 Posted: 13:13:40 17/06/2015
Quote: Drek95
Even if Spitfire and Hot Streak will be released as Singles or Double Packs this won't change the fact that 2 Skylanders won't be universal for the very first time in the series.

This means I can use Spitfire on te Wii U version but can't use Donkey Kong on non Nintendo platforms.
I understand they would get in troubles with rights and royalties but really, why make this whole thing, to begin with if it would have meant excluding a good part of the customers...?

Possibly they've seen that people are turning their backs on the Wii which was possibly where quite a few people started, so they gave it a boost to try and get people to use their Wii systems again.
---
^ You all know it's true
#8 Posted: 13:15:44 17/06/2015
Quote: Greeble
Quote: Drek95

Possibly they've seen that people are turning their backs on the Wii which was possibly where quite a few people started, so they gave it a boost to try and get people to use their Wii systems again.

I think making it a racing-only game would have been enough.

I would have bought the 3DS version if it included Dive-Clops or Stormblade, knowing it is a truly completely different experience.
Now I'm not motivated to do it anymore.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#9 Posted: 14:33:02 17/06/2015
Quote: CountMoneyBone
im sure Spitfire will be sold separately or there will come a variation of him. they are not gonna force wiiu owners to buy another starter pack for another system they dont own.

Why not? The converse is true.
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#10 Posted: 15:45:05 17/06/2015
I'll get the Starter Pack with Spitfire and the Hot Streak. As for Hammer Slam Bowser and the Clown Cruiser, I'll figure out a way to get them.
#11 Posted: 15:48:33 17/06/2015
Has the Wii version been confirmed as racing only?

The different packaging confuses me, because the WiiU has SuperChargers and the Wii has SuperChargers Racing.

I'm so confused.
---
^ You all know it's true
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#12 Posted: 15:58:17 17/06/2015

The different packaging confuses me, because the WiiU has SuperChargers and the Wii has SuperChargers Racing.

I'm so confused.

Really? The subtitle and different logo (race flags in stead of exhaust pipes) should make it obvious that Wii/3DS are a different game from the main version. Much more intuitive than the previous 3DS games, which had the same exact title as the main game, but had completely different content.
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
#13 Posted: 16:04:31 17/06/2015
Quote: Nightmoon

I'm so confused.

Really? The subtitle and different logo (race flags in stead of exhaust pipes) should make it obvious that Wii/3DS are a different game from the main version. Much more intuitive than the previous 3DS games, which had the same exact title as the main game, but had completely different content.

Clearly it's not obvious or i wouldn't need to ask.
---
^ You all know it's true
Burning Gnorc Emerald Sparx Gems: 3463
#14 Posted: 16:12:30 17/06/2015
Quote: TheShadowDragon
I'll get the Starter Pack with Spitfire and the Hot Streak. As for Hammer Slam Bowser and the Clown Cruiser, I'll figure out a way to get them.

I imagine that the Wii and 3DS versions would be the most common to cash in at second hand stores, so maybe you can chance it there.
---
Eh.
#15 Posted: 16:14:22 17/06/2015
The subtitle and different logo (race flags in stead of exhaust pipes) should make it obvious that Wii/3DS are a different game from the main version. Much more intuitive than the previous 3DS games, which had the same exact title as the main game, but had completely different content.

Very tempting to give you a snark reply in return, but I'll let it pass.

In any case, I sincerely hope that you no longer require any further clarification.
---
Street50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#16 Posted: 21:13:59 17/06/2015
I'm buying the PS4 and the 3DS version on release day. Will buy the wii u version and a DK when the used price goes down.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:16:48 17/06/2015 by Street50
goldenrushducks Yellow Sparx Gems: 1572
#17 Posted: 23:29:58 17/06/2015
I'll buy 3DS on release, PS3 later, and possibly wii if the price goes down, but i gotta see if the gameplay is different though. If it is the same thing, i can play the 3DS...

EDIT: i guess I'm not gonna play as them in the console edition... ;(
3DS is alright though.... But i would definitely like to play as them in console. Yet again, Wii U, U win. SKYstone mode, now this. smilie
I'll get DK on peebay.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 03:12:18 18/06/2015 by goldenrushducks
Skylander3112 Gold Sparx Gems: 2115
#18 Posted: 02:05:13 18/06/2015
I'll buy the Digital and 3ds pack for Spitfire and Bowser. I'll get DK on Ebay
GamerZack7 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1709
#19 Posted: 06:41:03 18/06/2015
I'm thinking of preordering the Wii U and 3DS Starter Packs, which would set me up with the Donkey Kong and Bowser amiibolanders (and one too many Super Shot smilie figures...it's Tree Rex all over again, with an element to match), and getting Spitfire and Hot Streak separately.
---
MY SUPERCHARGER SKYLANDERS
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie | *smilie* | smiliesmilie*smilie*smiliesmilie | smilie | smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
*Currently absent*
#20 Posted: 10:23:57 18/06/2015
The subtitle and different logo (race flags in stead of exhaust pipes) should make it obvious that Wii/3DS are a different game from the main version. Much more intuitive than the previous 3DS games, which had the same exact title as the main game, but had completely different content.

Very tempting to give you a snark reply in return, but I'll let it pass.

In any case, I sincerely hope that you no longer require any further clarification.

No that was more than enough clarification, thank you.

The reason i asked is because i was going to get the Wii version for my nephews birthdays and i didn't want them to be disappointed when it turned to be a totally different game to what they've seen videos of.

I decided on a different version for them because they have a 360 and they don't like Bowser or DK anyway.
---
^ You all know it's true
#21 Posted: 01:37:32 19/06/2015
So back on the original topic, I've been thinking about the availability of these figures. I've heard several say that the starter pack figures have always been readily available on the secondary market. While true, SC is a different scenario for a few reasons.

-The starter pack figures differ by console. The main game has always had the same figures in every starter pack. The result is there will be a number of customers on Wii U (and Wii) that want Spit Fire/Hot Streak, but not the full console. It's my understand that Wii U/Wii is the best selling starter park. This is going to lower availability and boost the demand for Spit Fire/Hot Streak.

- There has never been a figure (non-variant) that is not available stand alone (or adventure pack) or in the starter pack for the main console version. If Bowser/Clown Cruiser is not available stand alone, his demand will be high for those who want to play him on the wii u.

-There are many completionist fans in Skylanders. Even though they cannot play DK/Barrel Racer or Bowser/Clown Cruiser on their console, they will want him for their collection. (I think I fit in this category). This is going to raise the demand for these figures.

-There have never been skylander figures that appeal to non-skylander fans. DK/Barrel Racer and Bowser/Clown Cruiser are also amiibo, thus drawing attention from a lot of nintendo/amiibo fans. So demand will increase for these figures.

So in summary, will likely to see a decrease in overall supply with an increase in demand. Unless Activision oversupplies, or there are single packs available, I don't think these figures are going to be all that easy to find. I'm sure Activisions goal is to always have starter packs on the shelves, but a run is a definite possiblity.
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#22 Posted: 01:46:20 19/06/2015
I'll probably eventually get bowser and spitfire second hand.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#23 Posted: 03:59:59 19/06/2015
Quote: melvimbe
So back on the original topic, I've been thinking about the availability of these figures. I've heard several say that the starter pack figures have always been readily available on the secondary market. While true, SC is a different scenario for a few reasons.

-The starter pack figures differ by console. The main game has always had the same figures in every starter pack. The result is there will be a number of customers on Wii U (and Wii) that want Spit Fire/Hot Streak, but not the full console. It's my understand that Wii U/Wii is the best selling starter park. This is going to lower availability and boost the demand for Spit Fire/Hot Streak.

- There has never been a figure (non-variant) that is not available stand alone (or adventure pack) or in the starter pack for the main console version. If Bowser/Clown Cruiser is not available stand alone, his demand will be high for those who want to play him on the wii u.

-There are many completionist fans in Skylanders. Even though they cannot play DK/Barrel Racer or Bowser/Clown Cruiser on their console, they will want him for their collection. (I think I fit in this category). This is going to raise the demand for these figures.

-There have never been skylander figures that appeal to non-skylander fans. DK/Barrel Racer and Bowser/Clown Cruiser are also amiibo, thus drawing attention from a lot of nintendo/amiibo fans. So demand will increase for these figures.

So in summary, will likely to see a decrease in overall supply with an increase in demand. Unless Activision oversupplies, or there are single packs available, I don't think these figures are going to be all that easy to find. I'm sure Activisions goal is to always have starter packs on the shelves, but a run is a definite possiblity.

So you're saying Activision won't have enough WiiU or Wii starter packs to go around because there will be a small number of people buying them up at $75 since they contain Amiibos? That's ridiculous. There's a small number of people who collect ALL Amiibo to begin with...just because there is a ridiculous demand for the Smash line of Amiibo doesn't mean people are snatching up all Amiibo out there. Pretty much all of the newer line of Amiibos released along with Mario Party are available (Toad included since I've seen several in the past week despite people creating a hubbub about it being rare).
Plus you gotta figure in the price differential of $13-14 vs $75...that virtually destroys the secondary seller market which makes up a fairly big chunk of Smash line Amiibo purchasers. Activision will have plenty of Nintendo system starter packs to go around...even if there is a slight shortage around Christmas, they'll do as they've done with the Kaos trap and pump them out by the boatload to flood the market eventually. Keep in mind that Activision is producing these...not Nintendo...I would be more fearful if Nintendo was in charge of production and distribution of the Skylanders starter packs.
#24 Posted: 10:32:21 19/06/2015
Not my main point. People are assuming the starter pack figures (excluding stealth elf) will be available and cheap on the secondary market. I provided reasons why the supply/demand is going to be different this time around. I do think a run on the wii u console is more likely to occur then in previous releases, and maybe less likely to go on sale, but I'm saying it's likely. It's possible.
mastermc54 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3448
#25 Posted: 16:50:17 19/06/2015
Not my main point. People are assuming the starter pack figures (excluding stealth elf) will be available and cheap on the secondary market. I provided reasons why the supply/demand is going to be different this time around. I do think a run on the wii u console is more likely to occur then in previous releases, and maybe less likely to go on sale, but I'm saying it's likely. It's possible.

The Wii U version will be on sale right along with the others versions come Black Friday...don't kid yourself. What you're saying is not likely at all and goes against marketing strategy. Then you're mixing up your points by starting with a conversation on the secondary market followed up by what you think will happen with the primary market. Activision is in this partnership to pump out as many starter packs as possible to peddle their junk (figures and vehicles) as they've always done and also try to gain additional fan base from all the Amiibo hype. It's a smart move/gamble considering I and many others didn't see the Skylanders franchise living long beyond Sky 5. It may just extend the longetivity of the franchise another year or two if enough Nintendo fans creep on board. Why on Earth would Activision be content with selling less Wii U starter packs by limiting sales and promotions? As always, the starter packs (all consoles) will be retail price for the early adopters of Skylanders and Amiibo collectors who run out and get it day one and then the real sales in the $40 range will come along the week before and the week of Black Friday.
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#26 Posted: 02:26:03 21/06/2015
I could see spitfire on its own but i doubt bowser and donkey kong as they would need to overall point out they cant be used in non nintendo consoles which to me sounds more like a pain then its worth. Besides anyone that wants to play them will already have the game. Luckily wii and 3ds are the same it looks like and wii u diff. I know it sucks to have to buy 2 versions but most of us have gotten a ds version for dark spyro, punch pop fizz etc.

However maybe spitfire is the xbox/ps exclusive etc, thats a scary thought.
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#27 Posted: 04:18:19 21/06/2015
Spitfire and Hot Streak will definitely get single pack releases, probably close to launch for people who want the portal owner's pack and maybe want a physical version of the figures instead of the "Instant" versions.

I know at least a good portion of the amiibo community is definitely NOT getting the Skylanders pack. Really, the only crossover will be fans of both amiibo and Skylanders (including myself), parents/kids who are also fans, or scalpers thinking they can flip it or piecemeal the stuff out. I highly doubt the starter packs will be uncommon, even leading up to Black Friday. And even if they do sell out, its not like they're never gonna print more...we'll be seeing the starter packs for all versions well into next year.

Even the hardcore-iest of amiibo diehards are having trouble with shelling out $75 for the starter pack for one amiibo, even if it is special.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
#28 Posted: 11:10:49 21/06/2015
Ok, there are two points here, one is the availability of these starter pack figures on the secondary market. Assuming starter pack figures will be easy to find in the secondary market, because they always have before, is a risky assumption. There are several reasons why both supply and demand are different this go round. I'm not going to restate those reasons. You can disagree if you want, but it definitely seems to me that the chances of finding a DK or Bowswer on ebay for about retial prices seems low to me.

The second point is the availability of the starter packs. Yes, of course Activision wants to make sure everyone can get the starter pack they want. They never want customers coming into the store and not being able to find what they intended to buy. However, that doesn't mean they are going to way over produce these things...that costs money. They want to meet the demand, but this year's demand is going to be much harder to predict than in previous years. They very well could get it wrong. The chances of the console version you want being available when you want it, or at the black friday sale price you want, is less likely to happen this year then in previous years. I'm not saying definite, it's a matter of probability.

Personally, I do want to collect DK/Bowser and their vehicles. I've been thinking about getting a Wii U as a second console, so maybe I'll go ahead and get the full version. If not, then I'll be 'gambling' and looking at the secondary market or a cheap starter pack. I'll take the risk.
BlackWing116 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1480
#29 Posted: 12:57:29 21/06/2015
I'm aiming to get Bowser, Clown Cruiser, Spitfire and Hotsreak from second hand shops. Not only that, it'll most likely be cheaper.
griswoldthunder Gold Sparx Gems: 2953
#30 Posted: 13:00:05 21/06/2015
I am guessing that Donkey Kong and his vehicle might be the harder of the pairs to find, since they only come with the Wii U. You won't find many, if any, people with extras to sell. Bowser and his vehicle might be more readily available because they come with both the Wii and the 3ds. Some people might have extras, but Skylanders players will be competing with Amiibo fans on the secondary markets. Here's to hoping that Toys R Us will have a BOGO deal at launch.

The good news is that if you do not have a Nintendo console you probably aren't a fan of Donkey Kong or Bowser. You can just pretend that neither ever existed, since for your console they technically don't. On the other hand, it seems like Vicarious Visions spent a lot of time and effort creating the gameplay for Donkey Kong, Bowser, and their vehicles. They obviously wanted this relationship to work and to be able to add more characters in the future. In my honest and humble opinion, both Donkey Kong and Bowser seem like super cool characters to play as and can rival the gameplay of some of our favorite Skylanders. I do not think that you have to be a fan of either character to be intrigued by their gameplay.
DeadPortal Blue Sparx Gems: 600
#31 Posted: 18:07:08 21/06/2015
I don't even want Bowser and DK. The most i'll do with the Nintendo games, if anything, is maybe buy a single disc for the Wii version (i'm buying the Xbox version of SuperChargers). But that's only if I can reuse my old Portals on the Wii version and there's a storyline and it's not just blind racing.
---
My FanFiction

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/6264483/DeadPortal
boomerfan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1602
#32 Posted: 19:52:53 21/06/2015
this is kinda good for amiibo collectors (like me) as they are gonna be quite common if they are both in starter packs as im getting the wii u donkey kong one.
---
smilieBRING THE BOOM!smilie
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#33 Posted: 20:59:23 21/06/2015
If you want to get spitfire/hotstreak why not buy a PS or Xbox Starter Keep hot streak/spitfire and sell the game/portal/elf on.
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#34 Posted: 22:33:38 21/06/2015
If Hot Steak and Spit Fire don't get individual releases, I'm sure I'll pick up the iOS pack when it tanks in price again. Got it last year before Christmas for $15 by price matching Amazon's price on it. Hell, that's a better deal than buying single-packs of the figures.
LameLime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1200
#35 Posted: 00:33:16 22/06/2015
Well of what was revealed about this game so far, VV seems to be more generous with people considering the amount of figures and the 100% requirements according to the E3 gameplay. They HAVE to release single packs of these three characters and vehicles.
---
NOSTALGA-LANDERS COLLECTION (Spyro's Adventure)
30/32 Skylanders -- 4/4 Levels -- 8/9 Items (Includes VV)
Missing: smilie smilie + Ghost Swords
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:33:40 22/06/2015 by LameLime
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#36 Posted: 02:21:00 22/06/2015
they'll sell hot streak and spitfire in singles since every year they do just that:

spyro's adventure had ignitor and stealth elf in single packs and in stealth elf's case part of a triple pack from being in the 3ds starter.
giants had cynder and jet vac (australia only) singles packs because of the portal owners pack
swap force had rattleshake and free ranger in singles and double packs with nitro head rush due to 3ds packs
trap team had barkley in his variant form but also packed with whisper elf while gusto so a single pack release too again from the 3ds starter.

chances are pretty good that because of the nintendo packs they will offer the figures separately most likely in wave 1
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#37 Posted: 02:41:24 22/06/2015

Wii has always typically sold well...I don't think the figure in that starter is going to have a constrain in supply. However, the Wii U figure will. Think back to the Wii U Dark Starters---they were always the first to go.
#38 Posted: 07:31:04 22/06/2015
I sincerely doubt they would release Donkey Kong and Bowser as singles.

They only work on the Nintendo consoles and if you own the Starter Packs for them you already have those figures.
Don't think Activision cares about completionists that much.

They want the Wii, Wii U and 3DS to sell, sell and sell and having exclusive Skylanders on their Starter Packs will help A LOT.
Unfortunately they are useless outside of those systems and a good portion of the customers won't buy another Starter Pack for a console they don't even own just for a couple figures.

They might be released as part of the last wave when they will have already sold a lot.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
TTD Hunter Gems: 6229
#39 Posted: 16:10:02 26/06/2015
Looks like Spitfire and Hot Streak will come in single packs.
[User Posted Image]
#40 Posted: 16:26:17 26/06/2015
Well I'll be damned.

Now I can get Wii Physical, PS4 Digital, Spitfire and Hot Streak, with no worries about getting a duplicate Stealth Elf. And maybe Wii U Digital on eShop sale to play Bowser in proper Skylanders gameplay.
---
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5355
#41 Posted: 21:37:21 26/06/2015
I wonder why they didn't just include Spitfire with Donkey Kong in the Wii U version. That way every version would have one Life Skylander and one Fire Skylander, and buying both the Wii U and Wii/3DS versions wouldn't give you a duplicate Stealth Elf. It would have fit perfectly.

I mean would it really cost them any different? I imagine that Stealth Elf costs the same amount to produce and yet it would give Nintendo fans a better value when buying both Nintendo versions, thus making them more likely to buy both.
---
Boop me if you see this.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:38:07 26/06/2015 by Muffin Man
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#42 Posted: 21:38:51 26/06/2015
The Nintendo fans who buy both wouldn't have to buy an extra figure on the side. ;)
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me