darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > Turbo Charge Donkey Kong gameplay (Diddy Kong, too)
Page 1 of 1
Turbo Charge Donkey Kong gameplay (Diddy Kong, too)
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#1 Posted: 22:29:25 16/06/2015 | Topic Creator

Here it is. Diddy Kong actually helps out in game!
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#2 Posted: 22:45:35 16/06/2015
how is he part of the Life element? He seems more tech to me. Nonetheless, I love DK!
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#3 Posted: 23:07:24 16/06/2015
I'd say Life is the best fit, since he's a jungle beast.
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#4 Posted: 00:10:04 17/06/2015
Well, his vehicle's tech. For some reason.

This makes me glad I pre ordered the Wii U starter pack.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
TTD Hunter Gems: 6222
#5 Posted: 00:19:39 17/06/2015
I wish that the watermark was a little smaller.
He does look very interesting indeed, certainly a very unique character.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:20:01 17/06/2015 by TTD
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#6 Posted: 00:25:59 17/06/2015
It's pretty obvious that the developers are very big DK fans. Unlike Bowser, ALL of DK's attacks are references. He can throw barrels, which comes from the original Donkey Kong arcade game, and the barrels can be upgraded to TNT barrels and steel barrels, both different types of barrels from the Donkey Kong Country series. His stomping move makes girders fall from the sky, like how the opening of the original arcade game goes, and his barrel cannon attack is also taken directly from Donkey Kong Country. Finally, his bongo attack is taken from Donkey Konga, and Diddy being able to be summoned is a clear reference to DKC1, DKCR, and DKCTF.

Also, his main move functions as a projectile, a melee weapon, AND an AOE attack. Pretty diversive if you ask me.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#7 Posted: 00:44:42 17/06/2015 | Topic Creator
When he cracks the barrels and wears them as boxing gloves, he's clearly referencing to Punch-Out, also.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:45:30 17/06/2015 by Matteomax
Drache Kaiser Emerald Sparx Gems: 3136
#8 Posted: 01:04:42 17/06/2015
Love the call back to the bongos, and yes life is a good fit for DK just like Fire is a good fit for bowser
Barrysun Gold Sparx Gems: 2106
#9 Posted: 01:11:59 17/06/2015
Quote: Bionichute
It's pretty obvious that the developers are very big DK fans. Unlike Bowser, ALL of DK's attacks are references. He can throw barrels, which comes from the original Donkey Kong arcade game, and the barrels can be upgraded to TNT barrels and steel barrels, both different types of barrels from the Donkey Kong Country series. His stomping move makes girders fall from the sky, like how the opening of the original arcade game goes, and his barrel cannon attack is also taken directly from Donkey Kong Country. Finally, his bongo attack is taken from Donkey Konga, and Diddy being able to be summoned is a clear reference to DKC1, DKCR, and DKCTF.

Also, his main move functions as a projectile, a melee weapon, AND an AOE attack. Pretty diversive if you ask me.

I half expected to see Star fox make an apperance since they made a couple of easter eggs based on Star fox 64, three times!
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#10 Posted: 01:30:16 17/06/2015
HOOHAH

I love the DK references hidden in his moveset. He seems to have more actual references to DK's games than in Smash, I'm hoping for him to have a special move where he throws out a Klaptrap to hurt enemies.

[User Posted Image]
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me