First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3
Spyro in SuperChargers
Street50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#51 Posted: 12:25:26 18/06/2015
I guess Magic is the only one that hasn't had a sighting as which character will be be reintroduced but I'm going to assume it will be Spyro.

Undead - Roller Brawl (on 3ds the box)
Air - Jet Vac
Water - Gill Grunt
Fire - Eruptor (on 3ds box)
Life - Stealth Elf
Earth - Terrafin
Tech - Trigger Happy
Dark - Blackout (doubt they'd put a trap master in either spot)
Light - Spotlight

so I guess the problem when adding Spyro. Only 3 of these have never gotten 2nd version. Adding Spyro makes 6 of them that have Elite versions as well which pretty much future proofs the characters.... Oh well I'll stop complaining about this. I don't really like any of the choices other then getting another Roller Brawl, just a bit disappointed it's not an actual series 2 so no switching path's.
Greeble Emerald Sparx Gems: 4276
#52 Posted: 12:32:56 18/06/2015
From what i've noticed Magic seems to be the one they make the most fuss over, so there's probably a big reveal planned.

I personally don't want Spyro because i think there are others that would be a better fit for the game, but if that's who it is, who cares?
---
^ You all know it's true
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5023
#53 Posted: 13:15:39 18/06/2015
Quote: Greeble
He doesn't need to be in every game.

i dont mind spyro skip the vv games, since vv dont make proper skylanders games anymore. but he better be back in the next tfb game.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 13:17:18 18/06/2015 by CountMoneyBone
SkylanderDude9 Blue Sparx Gems: 828
#54 Posted: 13:19:13 18/06/2015
I think it's going to be Pop Fizz, since in Trap Team he got repose so there is some interest in him.
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie Forgotten 8 FTW!
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#55 Posted: 17:58:29 18/06/2015
Gill Grunt and Trigger Happy returned as SuperChargers. Spyro should have the right to as well. Maybe he'll be the first and only quadrupedal Skylander to be so. If not, then it's been a real honor for him.
#56 Posted: 18:02:43 18/06/2015
Quote: TheShadowDragon
Gill Grunt and Trigger Happy returned as SuperChargers. Spyro should have the right to as well. Maybe he'll be the first and only quadrupedal Skylander to be so. If not, then it's been a real honor for him.

We'll just have to wait and see what happens.
---
^ You all know it's true
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#57 Posted: 02:18:45 19/06/2015
[User Posted Image]

Since Terrafin and Jet Vac are on here, there's literally no doubting that Spyro will make his well deserved return here.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Blink182Bouncer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1659
#58 Posted: 02:50:20 19/06/2015
"This just in: Pop Fizz is the new supercharger!"
I can see the headlines now
---
Still Waiting For Legendary Tom DeLonge To Come In The Blink-182 Triple Pack.
WHY DID THEY MAKE MATT SKIBA "CALIFORNIA EDITION EXCLUSIVE"
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#59 Posted: 03:05:35 19/06/2015
[User Posted Image]

Fixed image link. smilie
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:07:41 19/06/2015 by Aura24
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#60 Posted: 03:53:09 19/06/2015
like i posted in the other thread. it's a comic and while he's well known for the series it does not guarentee that he's coming back in game. possible yes but i'd rather see the reveal if he was or not. the fact he's in the prequel comic and no reveal yet. that's the part that makes me think otherwise which has happened for game plots before. you get a build up of a character that doesn't actually take part that much in the story.

Quote: Blink182Bouncer
"This just in: Pop Fizz is the new supercharger!"
I can see the headlines now

i'm actually waiting for this, since spyro's not bipedal like all the superchargers that were revealed so far. If he was the repose for magic they would've just said so by now.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 03:58:06 19/06/2015 by tigerdr
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10026
#61 Posted: 09:00:35 19/06/2015
Etc Etc quadruped doesn't mean anything if there are no pedals, for the umpteenth time they all can drive SC or not etc etc.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#62 Posted: 17:48:01 19/06/2015
People keep saying all superchargers revealed so far are bipedal, yet the first ever revealed Supercharger is... uh... "non-pedal"? Whatever that would be called XP
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#63 Posted: 17:50:13 19/06/2015
*Quadruped?
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:01:27 19/06/2015 by Aura24
#64 Posted: 18:00:33 19/06/2015
If that's a reply to me, then no. Spitfire doesn't have any legs, thus he's neither biped nor quadruped.
---
#65 Posted: 18:17:55 19/06/2015
He's whatever you call a snake when it comes to legs :U

(I looked it up,it's just legless. Huh, thought there was a fancier term for that.)
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:41:27 19/06/2015 by Bifrost
SSj3 Derek Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#66 Posted: 18:40:52 19/06/2015
Yep, put me down in the "want Spyro as a Supercharger" category.
Dark Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2623
#67 Posted: 10:30:35 23/06/2015
If spyro isn't a supercharger im gonna cry and drop a nuke on vv/activision
Any want to come with me if so
---
Psn-Zydren8cookie, FC 3024-5345-8692
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#68 Posted: 11:02:55 23/06/2015
I'd rather see spyro then pop fizz. Spiro seems like they could come up with a better set of moves and still have him be Spiro. What's pop fizz without his moves?

Personally I'd love it if they dug deep and went with voodood or double trouble.
Vertalus Blue Sparx Gems: 547
#69 Posted: 20:56:04 23/06/2015
Spyro's my favorite when it comes to the Skylanders, so I was dissapointed when Trap Team didn't have him.
I'd love to see a new Spyro, but I'd also love to see ones that haven't gotten any other poses from the first game since they just seem to favour certain Skylanders.
To be brutally honest I can live without another Stealth Elf or Terrafin, if it would have meant Dino-Rang or Sunburn get a repose.
---
Favorite type Skylander: Feline and Dragon. Still need: Echo, Rocky Roll, the ever elusive dark element trap,and more
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5355
#70 Posted: 21:17:21 23/06/2015
I feel like they shouldn't add a new Spryo every game, honestly (same for Stealth Elf and Gill Grunt...geeze). Or even every other game. Doing so will make them run out of ideas and clutter the line with Spyro variants. And, I mean, it's not like we can't still play as Spyro using the figures we already have. Spyro will be playable in Superchargers no matter what.

I say they should save Spyro for later when they have a really good idea for a new Spyro figure. With Superchargers I don't think quadrupeds really match very well with the driving gimmick, plus we have really suitable characters like Deja Vu who have never gotten a new figure before.
---
Boop me if you see this.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:18:48 23/06/2015 by Muffin Man
#71 Posted: 21:40:54 23/06/2015
Ok, give me a second. I think it's the fourth time someone says quadrupeds can't drive in this very topic after I said how it could work. I need my graphics tablet.

[User Posted Image]
(sloppy sketch but I don't have time to do better)
How is that so hard to picture? It's not different from Bowser or Spitfire driving. Now can we get that argument out of the way already?I already know I'll have to post this in other threads since there's always someone who posts and runs.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:41:53 23/06/2015 by Bifrost
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#72 Posted: 21:48:42 23/06/2015
If my sloppy sketches were half that good my last name would probably be Da Vinci.
Awesome sketch, Bifrost, really. smilie

Back on topic, Spyro WILL already be able to drive since ALL the exsisting Skylanders can (that includes Pop Thorn and Wrecking Ball... Somehow), so I don't really see the problem in making him a SuperCharger, except for creating a new and interesting moveset for him (maybe a melee-based one, like his LoS counterpart?)

That being said, I think Pop Fizz could fit the theme of crazy drivers better.
A silly suit would be perfect for him.
Maybe creating new moves would be harder but... Who knows?
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:21:40 23/06/2015 by Drek95
shadowfox Platinum Sparx Gems: 5084
#73 Posted: 22:06:45 23/06/2015
that would be cool to give him the melee from LoS and give him access to some of the different elements than fire
#74 Posted: 22:09:56 23/06/2015
Thanks, Drek :3

On the possiblity of new melee, I was actually thinking of Dragon Kata from Shadow Legacy. That was pretty much magic aura kung fu, pretty on par with his element now.
---
#75 Posted: 22:27:56 23/06/2015
You're welcome! smilie

Oh, gosh, that game looked so promising!
Too bad I was never able to complete it due to a glitch at the very start of it...

Was it something like the LoS moveset but more, let's say, oriental themed (with kung fu-like moves)?
It may look really interesting.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#76 Posted: 22:35:06 23/06/2015
Kinda, Dark would be actually the best person to answer this since me and most people didn't bother 100%ing the game because of some game-breaking glitches but he made an entire walkthrough. I only saw a few of them because after a while the game liked to lock up while upgrading them with Thomas and Sensei,but they were kinda like the LOS melee moves but with way simpler choreography and magic aura to get through the shadow magic. I remember the Chi Wings move where Spyro would create a second set of wings made of magic that would cut through enemies and flip them over - a lot less impressive than it sounds but cool nonetheless.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:35:44 23/06/2015 by Bifrost
#77 Posted: 22:37:33 23/06/2015
That may work really well.

Dragon Kata Spyro.
Sounds good, isn't it? smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#78 Posted: 22:43:58 23/06/2015
Sounds good,but without the bipedal dragons from the classic series around it might need to not sound like kung fu.

Here, I found a video (with commentary, unfortunately) demonstrating some of them: 3:16 for Chi Wings. The rest of the LP might have the other ones.
---
#79 Posted: 23:06:12 23/06/2015
Quote: Bifrost
Ok, give me a second. I think it's the fourth time someone says quadrupeds can't drive in this very topic after I said how it could work. I need my graphics tablet.

How is that so hard to picture? It's not different from Bowser or Spitfire driving. Now can we get that argument out of the way already?I already know I'll have to post this in other threads since there's always someone who posts and runs.

I never said quadrupeds can't drive (Obviously they can and will, since every Skylander will be able to drive whether they are a Supercharger or not), it's just not as aesthetically fitting for them to be depicted as drivers. Why go with a quadruped when there are perfectly good bipedal candidates to use? If Spyro was lacking in variants I would say go for it, but that's not the case since he already has plenty of variants.
---
Boop me if you see this.
#80 Posted: 07:43:35 26/06/2015
If they make a new version of Spyro it needs to use other elements besides fire.

One of the most intriguing things about the concept of Spyro as a Skylander was this part of his character bio:

Quote:
Spyro hails from a rare line of magical purple dragons who can harness the power of the Elements of Skylands, though he prefers to master fire.

Yet it's gone completely ignored. If he has the potential to harness every element, why not have him do so? Give him a lightning attack, or an ice breath attack, or the ability to create powerful gusts of wind, or the ability to create earthquakes. Just because he prefers fire doesn't mean he shouldn't use the other elements at all.

There's so much potential to give Spyro some much needed variety, yet all they have him use is fire attacks. What's the point of being Magic and having power over the elements if all he uses is fire? He may as well be a Fire element at this point.
---
Boop me if you see this.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:57:20 26/06/2015 by TTD
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12771
#81 Posted: 08:37:49 26/06/2015
I agree. I think Spyro's next wow pow should be the ability to switch between fire, ice and lightning breaths just like how Pop Fizz has an ability to switch between different types of potions.
#82 Posted: 08:42:07 26/06/2015
It's because nostlagia. People you cry he's too much like LOS if he got new elements right away - but now seems late enough that those people just won't play the game, so why not try that now. Or even some of the side abilities from the classic games, like the Ice Breath being used to stun enemies but it can't hurt most on its own, or Dragon Kata as I mentioned elsewhere.
---
#83 Posted: 08:43:17 26/06/2015
Quote: Muffin Man
One of the most intriguing things about the concept of Spyro as a Skylander was this part of his character bio:

Quote:
Spyro hails from a rare line of magical purple dragons who can harness the power of the Elements of Skylands, though he prefers to master fire.

Yet it's gone completely ignored. If he has the potential to harness every element, why not have him do so? Give him a lightning attack, or an ice breath attack, or the ability to create powerful gusts of wind, or the ability to create earthquakes. Just because he prefers fire doesn't mean he shouldn't use the other elements at all.

There's so much potential to give Spyro some much needed variety, yet all they have him use is fire attacks. What's the point of being Magic and having power over the elements if all he uses is fire? He may as well be a Fire element at this point.

Possibly they don't want him overshadowing the other elements.

If he used every element there would be little point in having some of the other dragons, such as Bash, Zap or Whirlwind.

He used all of the elements because he was the focus in his own series, but now he's a Skylander he's been taken back to basics, which is a magical fire breathing purple dragon.
---
^ You all know it's true
#84 Posted: 08:53:10 26/06/2015
He's still magic though, they can keep his fire breath and add new moves instead, or keep it at a charge move of sorts. Don't forget that, if he's back and I hope he is, he'll have contact with the Rift powers, and he's been shown to channel other types of magic when near it. I might be a little too close to Blackout on that but he could always start manipulating pocket rifts to maximize his ranged reach.
---
#85 Posted: 10:35:09 26/06/2015
I like your idea (and frankly yes as he is Spyro is more a Fire Skylander rather than a Magic one) and I would suggest a fusion of his melee abilities, the ones from TLoS and SL , and his other elemental powers.
I don't think changing his breath attack would be innovative enough but let me write a few examples:

- he would still keep his fire breath but it would be more like a regular flux of flames rather than fireballs and would be able to supercharge it (ah ah ah) by rapidly pushing the button, kinda like Torch's flamethrower and making it more powerful and able to cover a wider area;

- his charge would now be infused with the power of Earth making him able to knock back enemies further and also creating a huge blast of green energy at the end of it;

- his flight would now have an electric effect able to shock and stun enemies from the distance. It would need a short recharge time like Punk Shock's attack;

- now that double pressing the jump button can make you Skylander fly he would have another attack available and it would be the melee one: tail swings, kicks, Dragon Kata and other cool looking moves which could be upgraded to have specific elemental effects;

- they could even give him a dark ability accessible by holding down the melee button as the Soul Gem.

They could call him Mystic Master Spyro (not a super creative name but it could work).
His vehicle could be a Classic portal-styled hovercraft with gems and carvings on it.
That way they could equally pay homage to both his Classic incarnation and his Legend's one.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#86 Posted: 13:44:08 26/06/2015
Spyro May Not Get Supercharged, People.

Now, obviously, I don't work at VV, so I can't confirm if Spyro is or isn't, but to everyone who says Spyro NEEDS to be a Supercharger... Let's just face it, he probably won't. For two big of reasons.

1. Even though they said ANY character can drive vehicles, which would also apply to quadrupeds like Spyro, that doesn't stop all of the new Supercharger characters being bipedal, and all of the characters chosen to be reposed as Superchargers being bipedal as well. So the more likely option for a reposed Magic Supercharger would be anyone like Star Strike, Deja Vu, or Pop Fizz. Unless they made Spyro bipedal, which, let's be honest, wouldn't feel like Spyro then.

2. Spyro's really not that important to the Skylanders series anymore. And before you say "But he's the main character in the Rift into Overdrive prequel comic", that's just because he's one of the more recognizable Skylanders. But let's face it, the first game could've been called "Gill Grunt's Adventure" and it would've been the same. It's obvious they were just calling Skylanders a Spyro reboot just to help get it off the shelves. And before you say "But Spyro doesn't get enough attention", he's got two reposes, a legendary variant, two dark variants, a mini, and an Eon's Elite. That's eight figures. Meanwhile Gill Grunt, the one everyone complains about getting too much attention, only has six so far.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:58:37 26/06/2015 by TTD
#87 Posted: 13:52:02 26/06/2015
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=118966
No excuse, it's not even halfway through the page. We discussed this and much more.
Also, obligatory quadruped argument etc etc.
[User Posted Image]
---
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#88 Posted: 14:14:18 26/06/2015
Why do we even need another one Bifrost? Give us a character that's never been reposed before for magic, Voodood, Dune Bug, Star Strike, Cobra Cadabra or Deja Vu. Just not Spyro.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#89 Posted: 14:14:22 26/06/2015
I'm sure there are going to be raging Spyro fans on this topic, but whatever. I agree with you, Spyro already has enough figures and he would be the odd one out if he becomes a Super Charger. And people would probably complain about that as well. (And I bet there's someone saying that this is racist)
Swap Force Fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 4095
#90 Posted: 14:16:13 26/06/2015
May not? Hahahahaha, I don't think he has a chance at all, I don't see any other 4-legged Superchargers.
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#91 Posted: 14:22:44 26/06/2015

[User Posted Image]
(sloppy sketch but I don't have time to do better)

I'm not saying quadrupeds can't drive vehicles. In fact, they confirmed they will. But that doesn't change the fact that all new and reposed characters for Superchargers so far have been bipedal.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:01:53 26/06/2015 by TTD
#92 Posted: 14:25:06 26/06/2015
If you think about it, every gimmicklander so far has had arms (although not all are bipedal). Not that this couldn't change in Superchargers, but it's an interesting trend in comparison to the many Core Skylanders without arms.
---
Boop me if you see this.
#93 Posted: 14:40:22 26/06/2015
I said we already have a topic on this. The "raging Spyro fan" here isn't discussing shoulds or woulds, but that it's possible and we had two pages on this, some people posting on both.
---
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#94 Posted: 14:50:21 26/06/2015
Forget Spyro. Let's make a reposed magic-based Gill Grunt.
Burning Gnorc Emerald Sparx Gems: 3463
#95 Posted: 14:51:09 26/06/2015
You think being quadruped has ever stopped Spyro driving before?

[User Posted Image]

Pfft, please. If anything, he's a veteran at it. It'd be a pretty neat callback.
---
Eh.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:51:24 26/06/2015 by Burning Gnorc
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#96 Posted: 14:52:07 26/06/2015
I said we already have a topic on this. The "raging Spyro fan" here isn't discussing shoulds or woulds, but that it's possible and we had two pages on this, some people posting on both.

Sorry if you think that my comment was written because of you. I actually thought about someone who's really going to rage I didn't think of you at all.
#97 Posted: 15:06:15 26/06/2015
No problem then, Deja Vu. And hey, topics merged, all tidy and with a single place for subject now :3
Spyro in the kart is pretty much the best way to show him. He has long fingers(way longer than LOS and Classic since they're crocodile-like) to momentarily press buttons or hold the wheel, so the proportions work.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:06:58 26/06/2015 by Bifrost
#98 Posted: 15:36:21 26/06/2015
Quote: AdamGregory03
But that doesn't change the fact that all new and reposed characters for Superchargers so far have been bipedal.

Except...
Quote: Nightmoon
People keep saying all superchargers revealed so far are bipedal, yet the first ever revealed Supercharger is... [cut]

...I'll just call it "legless"
[User Posted Image]
---
ladala Yellow Sparx Gems: 1935
#99 Posted: 15:59:18 26/06/2015
Quote: AdamGregory03
But that doesn't change the fact that all new and reposed characters for Superchargers so far have been bipedal.

Except...
People keep saying all superchargers revealed so far are bipedal, yet the first ever revealed Supercharger is... [cut]

...I'll just call it "legless"
[User Posted Image]

I don't think it's about quadruped vs. biped. Rattle Shake doesn't have legs either, and Spy Rise has four of them. Does this change the fact that their body shape both in-toy and in-game is very vertical, and human-like? No. Spitfire, despite not having legs, has a vertical body shape.

Spyro, on the other hand, does not have a vertical body-shape. All of the revealed Superchargers have a vertical body-shape. This is why there's any doubts as to whether he's a Supercharger. If say Jet Vac was still unrevealed, I bet we'd all be guessing he's in it, simply because of tradition, and no pattern that says otherwise.
---
Thank you for releasing me!
#100 Posted: 16:07:38 26/06/2015
Quote: ladala
I don't think it's about quadruped vs. biped. Rattle Shake doesn't have legs either, and Spy Rise has four of them. Does this change the fact that their body shape both in-toy and in-game is very vertical, and human-like? No. Spitfire, despite not having legs, has a vertical body shape.

I know, I'm just nitpicking on everyone saying quadruped. If they said vertical body shape, I wouldn't be calling them out on it ;3
---
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me