Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3
Spyro in SuperChargers
TheSpyrofan12 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#1 Posted: 20:32:37 16/06/2015 | Topic Creator
If they're making ANOTHER Gill Grunt, then they can at least make another Spyro, right?

HE NEEDS TO LIVE ON!
---
Bring the Fanta
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:59:47 26/06/2015 by TTD
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5023
#2 Posted: 20:48:49 16/06/2015
i dont think we will ever see spyro again in this game.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#3 Posted: 20:49:44 16/06/2015
Quote: TheSpyrofan12
If they're making ANOTHER Gill Grunt, then they can at least make another Spyro, right?

HE NEEDS TO LIVE ON!

I would bet the farm on it happening. He's the leader of the pack. Gill Gunt and the Eon's Elite are like second in command. I guess Chop Chop and Whirlwind decided to sit this one out and Roller Brawl got promoted up in rank due to her knowledge with wheels. LOL OK I'm just being silly, but it's the only way to keep the storyline somewhat senseable.
---
Stay Cool!
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#4 Posted: 20:50:55 16/06/2015
Quote: CountMoneyBone

S1, S2, S3, Dark, Mini, Eon's Elite, comics... What u talking about?
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:59:54 16/06/2015 by Aura24
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#5 Posted: 20:51:40 16/06/2015
i'm still betting on no since they can use quite a few different characters instead of him and it'd be interesting to see a game where he's not in it. i'm sticking with spitfire is the main skylander of superchargers this time around and he resembles a dragon somewhat so they can get away from spyro for one release.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
TheSpyrofan12 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#6 Posted: 21:01:33 16/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Aura24

He probably means we are probably not going to get another Spyro figure.

Which I do not approve of. smilie
---
Bring the Fanta
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8246
#7 Posted: 21:04:18 16/06/2015
Guys, Spyro is STRONGLY likely to be a Super Charger. He's gonna be a central character in the Rift into Overdrive graphic novel.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#8 Posted: 21:45:57 16/06/2015

thats exactly what i meant.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#9 Posted: 22:11:15 16/06/2015

I approve. Really, Skylanders isn't a Spyro game anymore.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10026
#10 Posted: 22:12:57 16/06/2015
It's still a game which greatly features Spyro elements. He's getting the real short end of the stick if he's going to call for help for the Superchargers and not get to do anything himself after the prequel.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:13:07 16/06/2015 by Bifrost
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#11 Posted: 22:37:00 16/06/2015
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
Guys, Spyro is STRONGLY likely to be a Super Charger. He's gonna be a central character in the Rift into Overdrive graphic novel.

I'm holding you to this. If you're wrong, I'm going to laugh and point at you.
#12 Posted: 22:38:02 16/06/2015
Quote: Mesuxelf

I'm holding you to this. If you're wrong, I'm going to laugh and point at you.

Cool. Just because someone is wrong?

Seriously it's a graphic novel prequel, they could've used anyone but Spyro and there he is.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:38:37 16/06/2015 by Bifrost
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#13 Posted: 23:11:37 16/06/2015
It's a long shot - but... Spyro for Smash 4 and his Amiibo will be like the DK/Bowser Skylanders figures - folks can use it in either game.

It would explain the trade off to Activision of DK and Bowser if Nintendo was using Spyro in return.
#14 Posted: 23:13:28 16/06/2015
I think the return might be a percentage off of Amiibolander sales for Acti being able to distribute more figures. But Spyro in smash would be amazing - too bad Crash wouldn't be around as well.
---
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#15 Posted: 23:18:39 16/06/2015
Yes I want my Spyro!!! smilie
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
#16 Posted: 23:25:04 16/06/2015
Quote: AdamGregory03

This actually. With the push of other characters for years since giants, they just used spyro to get skylanders in the door. Only the older gamers are the high percentage that they make spyro for year after year. The fact he got just an elite and a mini shows they are getting closer to non spyro for a game. Funny how no showing of the reposed magic has shown up yet and its LAST? wonder why on that yet?

Quote: Bifrost
It's still a game which greatly features Spyro elements. He's getting the real short end of the stick if he's going to call for help for the Superchargers and not get to do anything himself after the prequel.

Something could've happened to him, makes sense on the call out for other dimensions.

Quote: UncleBob
It's a long shot - but... Spyro for Smash 4 and his Amiibo will be like the DK/Bowser Skylanders figures - folks can use it in either game.

It would explain the trade off to Activision of DK and Bowser if Nintendo was using Spyro in return.

Just complete wishful thinking really. Since there was just an announcement of roy and ryu being added to smash and the fact the only other slot that will come up in the foreseeable future is the smash ballot one and that's in october. Spyro wouldn't be in the running and would've been announced alongside these two.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:28:03 16/06/2015 by tigerdr
#17 Posted: 23:27:31 16/06/2015
...Not sure what your point is. He called for the Superchargers because of the Doomstation. Which is why I'm saying that he also got the powers since apparently where he needs to go to find them has dimensional rifts, which they seem to have control over. And if they got that from going to the ends of Skylands, he must get it as well.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:30:33 16/06/2015 by Bifrost
#18 Posted: 23:30:49 16/06/2015
...Not sure what your point is. He called for the Superchargers because of the Doomstation. Which is why I'm saying that he also got the powers since apparently where he needs to go to find them has dimensional rifts, which they seem to have control over.

I just don't see him as one and looking more at that blurred poster, I don't see any of the traditional features that would easily pick out spyro. Even from a bad image, you can start to see the other ones that were revealed exactly where they are on the poster. None of which look anything remotely enough to pick him out.
---
#19 Posted: 23:33:24 16/06/2015
There isn't much to be picked up at all,it's a mess of purple. It's pretty hard to use as reference if at all.
---
Iganagor Emerald Sparx Gems: 3552
#20 Posted: 11:22:16 17/06/2015
NO!

NO SPYRO!!! Gill Grunt is the new star of the game!!!

(sigh)
---
Summoning a STUNFISK
1. Go to a beach - 2. Fall flat on the ground - 3. Recite Stunfisks fart-cry
4. Flop 618 times - You have a STUNFISK!
#21 Posted: 11:25:17 17/06/2015
Gill Grunt is the surrogate leader? Nope.
Gill Grunt is a rare species OF A RARE SPECIES? Nope.
Spyro wears tacky outfits like he ripped off part of his sub to wear as a mask? Nope.

GG is only the star of the game if it's about being ridiculous. He even only starred in two books that still had Spyro taking most of the spotlight.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:26:03 17/06/2015 by Bifrost
#22 Posted: 11:26:30 17/06/2015
Gill Grunt = GG

GG = Gotta Go (and buy another Gill Grunt)
---
Summoning a STUNFISK
#23 Posted: 11:28:26 17/06/2015
The pointless posting is getting out of hand there.
---
#24 Posted: 12:56:07 17/06/2015

it barley is skylanders game anymore too...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#25 Posted: 13:04:16 17/06/2015

it barley is skylanders game anymore too...

Would like to disagree but... Really can't, at this point.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Greeble Emerald Sparx Gems: 4276
#26 Posted: 13:10:52 17/06/2015

It was never a Spyro game to begin with.

The only reason his name was in the 1st game was because he was the one who helped Eon recruit the team, and also to show that he was now part of a bigger franchise.

If there were no more Spyro figures it wouldn't bother me.

He's had Legendary, Dark, Reposes, A mini, and an Elite.

I think it's time for Spyro to be taken down from the pedestal, because he's just another Skylander character.

Cynder doesn't get all this hype and she's been around nearly as long and yet no-one complains that she's been overlooked numerous times.
---
^ You all know it's true
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#27 Posted: 13:13:57 17/06/2015
Quote: Greeble

It was never a Spyro game to begin with.

The only reason his name was in the 1st game was because he was the one who helped Eon recruit the team, and also to show that he was now part of a bigger franchise.

If there were no more Spyro figures it wouldn't bother me.

He's had Legendary, Dark, Reposes, A mini, and an Elite.

I think it's time for Spyro to be taken down from the pedestal, because he's just another Skylander character.

Cynder doesn't get all this hype and she's been around nearly as long and yet no-one complains that she's been overlooked numerous times.

Absolutely agree.

He gets a lot of attention in the comics and as long as I have his S1 figure I will never feel he has been forgotten.

No particular Skylander is special or more important, because they are all unique in their very own way.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#28 Posted: 13:49:49 17/06/2015
Personally, I think Pop Fizz or Star Strike are likely to be the Magic re-imagined Supercharger. They both also have decent fanbases, and so far, every character that's a Supercharger is bipedal or at least has an upright figure.

I mean, the fact that it was Pop Fizz and not Spyro who got an ACTUAL repose says something to me.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#29 Posted: 14:11:15 17/06/2015
Spyro didn't get an S4 because there isn't anything smart to be done with Wow Pows on him anymore. His normal upgrades are too limiting. Which is why he and not Pop Fizz who got a Mini.
---
#30 Posted: 14:33:55 17/06/2015
Spyro didn't get an S4 because there isn't anything smart to be done with Wow Pows on him anymore. His normal upgrades are too limiting. Which is why he and not Pop Fizz who got a Mini.

I think the reason might have been because people cried that he only got to be an Elite rather than getting a repose.

The solution, give him a mini.

That one turned out well...
---
^ You all know it's true
Spyro7850 Gold Sparx Gems: 2656
#31 Posted: 17:04:59 17/06/2015
Call me biased, but I'd purchase another Spyro for this game, especially since his moveset would be different.
---
#1 Roller Brawl fan
"Ness, you'll always be the best character in Smash."
-Brawl in the Family, Comic #599
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#32 Posted: 07:45:12 18/06/2015
I think spyro is must as if gill grunt can get one why can't spyro.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Skylander3112 Gold Sparx Gems: 2115
#33 Posted: 08:13:32 18/06/2015
Skylanders owe Spyro, without him, there wouldn't even be "Skylanders"
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#34 Posted: 08:36:36 18/06/2015
Spyro ? Never heard of her .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
#35 Posted: 09:53:29 18/06/2015
Quote: Skylander3112
Skylanders owe Spyro, without him, there wouldn't even be "Skylanders"

That made my day, thank you.

It was very amusing.

But in all seriousness, Skylanders has never been about Spyro.

It is a story about a group of creatures who band together to fight an evil portal master.

Spyro was introduced to the series, because people would recognize him no other reason.

If he wasn't released again after game one i doubt a lot of people would care.

It's just because a few people started on the thing of 'this is a new Spyro game' that everyone is jumping on the bandwagon like a bunch of sheep.

Since the first game has his name featured anywhere in the title?

The game was called Skylanders Spyro's Adventure, not Spyro a Skylander adventure, meaning it was telling the story of how he stepped away from his own series to become part of something bigger.

If Spyro never came back again i couldn't care any less, i prefer to see new additions to the Skylanders rather than rehashing old characters over an over again, for me when they get a mini that should be the cut off point because they've had their run.
---
^ You all know it's true
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#36 Posted: 10:11:29 18/06/2015
I do however spyro would look weird in a water gate vehicle hence pop fizz seems more likely here.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#37 Posted: 10:16:57 18/06/2015
Quote: Snap Shot
I do however spyro would look weird in a water gate vehicle hence pop fizz seems more likely here.

Like i've said before, i doubt that the dragons will make a comeback for any element.

All the ones we've seen are bipeds, which makes me think Light and Dark are going to get 2 new characters each, which they need to boost the ranks anyway.
---
^ You all know it's true
#38 Posted: 10:47:18 18/06/2015
"Spyro is not on the title" is an incredibly silly argument and sounds like the stuff genwunners would say. I could pull up a list of how many great games don't have the protagonist in the title in case someone needs to be told what to call the thing they're controlling but I'd be just bragging. I'll just go and say Zelda is such a strange elf in Majora's Mask.

The game owes Spyro a LOT because it's inspired by his series. They literally spent weeks playing his games to know what to keep and what to let go, and some stuff in the aesthesics definately stayed. Spyro was even going to be Master Eon at some point,and that's why the game stopped being called spyro's Kingdom - because having him be an NPC,even the major one would be a greater insult.
---
#39 Posted: 10:58:02 18/06/2015
"Spyro is not on the title" is an incredibly silly argument and sounds like the stuff genwunners would say. I could pull up a list of how many great games don't have the protagonist in the title in case someone needs to be told what to call the thing they're controlling but I'd be just bragging. I'll just go and say Zelda is such a strange elf in Majora's Mask.

The game owes Spyro a LOT because it's inspired by his series. They literally spent weeks playing his games to know what to keep and what to let go, and some stuff in the aesthesics definately stayed. Spyro was even going to be Master Eon at some point,and that's why the game stopped being called spyro's Kingdom - because having him be an NPC,even the major one would be a greater insult.

It's time people face facts, it's not a Spyro game.

What it was meant to be and what it ended up as are two different things.

It was planned as a Spyro game and then it was changed to make him a minor part, it could have been a way to give him a little focus so that if a new Spyro game appears people are aware of who he is.

At the end of the day, he's a video game character, so it's a little difficult to insult something that it's real.
---
^ You all know it's true
#40 Posted: 11:00:54 18/06/2015
SPYRO is one of the weakest Skylanders ever.
---
Summoning a STUNFISK
Street50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#41 Posted: 11:29:39 18/06/2015
I don't really care if we get Spyro again or not. It was never really his game for me. He was my core Magic Skylander up until Swap Force but then Deja Vu with trap team and I don't think I'll ever replace her as my Core Magic Skylander.

Anyhow i'm going to say what i've been saying plenty of times.
Series 3 MAX. I don't want anymore Reposes or whatever you even consider superchargers after a "series 3". Granted I would much prefer Spyro over Trigger Happy and Gill Grunt but he still won't replace Deja Vu as my core magic skylander.
goldenrushducks Yellow Sparx Gems: 1572
#42 Posted: 11:46:35 18/06/2015
Quote: Iganagor
SPYRO is one of the weakest Skylanders ever.

Oh my, another community war...
Spyro is actually pretty strong between Gill Grunt.

Next, He's the star of the series, why not make him a dragon-blow torch-thing-with goggles, kinda. They gotta bring him that, they can't just leave him out like this. Not anymore...
#43 Posted: 11:58:07 18/06/2015

It was planned as a Spyro game and then it was changed to make him a minor part, it could have been a way to give him a little focus so that if a new Spyro game appears people are aware of who he is.

At the end of the day, he's a video game character, so it's a little difficult to insult something that it's real.

I don't think you get the issue. There is no Spyro series now, only Skylanders. Acti had 5 years to give him solo games again, and at this point you might as well say the franchise was replaced. We will not have Spyro outside of this for a long time if not forever, and what's left of him is part of this now. That's 15 years down the drain. It's just pixels, but it's still history, and yes it's an insult if you degrade history to a NPC. It's not too much to ask to give him a darn figure, because it's what's going to keep him relevant from now on. They went through the trouble of getting him out of limbo and not putting him back when they were done.
---
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#44 Posted: 12:07:03 18/06/2015

It never was a Spyro game to begin with.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
#45 Posted: 12:07:27 18/06/2015

I don't think you get the issue. There is no Spyro series now, only Skylanders. Acti had 5 years to give him solo games again, and at this point you might as well say the franchise was replaced. We will not have Spyro outside of this for a long time if not forever, and what's left of him is part of this now. That's 15 years down the drain. It's just pixels, but it's still history, and yes it's an insult if you degrade history to a NPC. It's not too much to ask to give him a darn figure, because it's what's going to keep him relevant from now on. They went through the trouble of getting him out of limbo and not putting him back when they were done.

My point is, he's part of a different series meaning he's not the main focus anymore.
---
^ You all know it's true
#46 Posted: 12:10:54 18/06/2015
He isn't the focus but he's still part of the spirit of the series. I'm not saying he needs to be more important than anyone, I'm saying at least keep him around. It's all he has now,as depressing as the thought may be to who grew up with him.
---
#47 Posted: 12:17:31 18/06/2015
He isn't the focus but he's still part of the spirit of the series. I'm not saying he needs to be more important than anyone, I'm saying at least keep him around. It's all he has now,as depressing as the thought may be to who grew up with him.

Exactly what i was trying to say.

When you think Magic element, the first character name that comes to mind is Spyro because he was one of the original 3.

He's still around, just because he doesn't get a figure every game, which most Spyro fans want.

Also i think he's appeared in the majority of the books, so he's going to remain a part of the series.
---
^ You all know it's true
#48 Posted: 12:19:32 18/06/2015
i have faith in tfb, they will do the right thing and bring him back again...
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#49 Posted: 12:23:16 18/06/2015
i have faith in tfb, they will do the right thing and bring him back again...

But can the old fans keep calm if he skips a game? The fear will be real at that point.
---
#50 Posted: 12:25:05 18/06/2015
He doesn't need to be in every game.

It's not as if no-one knows he's a character.

When you introduce someone they become part of the franchise whether they appear again or not.
---
^ You all know it's true
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me