darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > Why I think there is no colored bases
Page 1 of 1
Why I think there is no colored bases
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#1 Posted: 15:21:44 16/06/2015 | Topic Creator
So we've seen a lot of the superchargers so far and we haven't been able to see their bottom at all, so what I'm thinking is that the chip for them might be in the bronze motors protected inside them. Because Activision and Toys for Bob really don't NEED those motors for anything besides decoration. I'm sure they wouldn't put them on just so they can be used for decoration because that would be wasting money, why not just have no motor?

Anyway what do you think.
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:23:43 16/06/2015 by PwnageFTW
#2 Posted: 15:24:54 16/06/2015 | Topic Creator
And before you talk about the prototype Spitfire where that guy showed the bottom of the Spitfire, remember, that was a PROTOTYPE! That means they probably decided not to add the colored bottoms on the official ones.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 15:26:21 16/06/2015 by PwnageFTW
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#3 Posted: 15:26:51 16/06/2015
Don't know why, honestly.

Could have easily slapped colored bases under the engines.
Even better, no engines at all, since they are useless, as you said (they use magic to activate the vehicles) and I certainly doesn't need a Fire symbol to recognize Spitfire's Element.
And they are also a punch in the eye, design and collection wise.

Just a choice I guess (not liking it but to each his own).
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
ultyzaus Yellow Sparx Gems: 1700
#4 Posted: 15:27:40 16/06/2015
I still think that the bases are like the prototype: the engine with the element coming out of it and forming the base. Not sure if the bottom will be clear or not.
---
http://ultyzarus.deviantart.com/
223/254, 17 superchargers, 14 vehicles
Characters missing: Rocky Roll, Splat, Nightfall, Thrillipede
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#5 Posted: 15:28:13 16/06/2015
im going with a theory on some of these games being side stories so the bases will reflect the game and not do the colors as there's going to come a point they could possibly overuse the colors and cause confusion. with the usage of the bronze motors, it separates them from the previous four games. they might not go back to using the colors. that's possible too.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
#6 Posted: 15:36:13 16/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Drek95
Don't know why, honestly.

Could have easily slapped colored bases under the engines.
Even better, no engines at all, since they are useless, as you said (they use magic to activate the vehicles) and I certainly doesn't need a Fire symbol to recognize Spitfire's Element.
And they are also a punch in the eye, design and collection wise.

Just a choice I guess (not liking it but to each his own).

That's what I'm saying, instead of a colored bottom with the chip under it between the colored bottom and the base, They probably just stuffed the chip in the motor, because on none of them except the Spitfire prototype there is no colored bottom.
---
dragons50SH Green Sparx Gems: 300
#7 Posted: 00:07:09 17/06/2015
As I've seen, specially on the Amiibolanders, the base has the color of the element the Skylander belongs to, just look at Bowser (Red) and Donkey Kong (Green), with them being fire and life respectively. Of course, this is just speculation.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#8 Posted: 00:13:31 17/06/2015
I think that's only a coincidence.

Fire is red and leaves are green, but take Air: it's color is light blue, yet the clouds on the base are white.
We have yet to see the most interesting Elements, base-wise (Magic, Tech, Light and Dark) but we'll see.

They already changed them a lot (Undead has bones like Hex's barrier and Earth looks more made of rocks rather than mud and lacks crystals) so I guess they'll go with scattered gears for Tech, purple mist for Magic, a transparent yellow flash for Light and just some black smoke for Dark.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me