Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Toy Collecting Thread! [CLOSED]
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8443
#1 Posted: 03:50:11 14/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Welcome to the thread dedicated to pieces of plastic! Here we can discuss cheap dollar plastic dinosaurs from Walmart to forty dollar super detailed and articulated figures you import from Japan. So what do you collect?

I collect SH Figuarts from series like Super Sentai, Kamen Rider, and Power Rangers which are nicely detailed and have great possibility for nice fighting poses. The other Japanese toys that I collect are model kits such as Gundam and LBX. I don't watch the shows but they look pretty nice when painted and panel lined. One of my most favorite figures to collect are Transformers as they have pretty nice detail and can have amazing articulation which is impressive for a twelve dollar toy from your local supermarket. Amiibo is a casual pick for me but you can read my thoughts about them in their thread. Legos is also a casual pick up for me because I usually just get Marvel and DC sets for display. The same can be said about Funko Pops which look adorable in their own style but have minimal paint applications. Nintendo figures are quite nice but have very little articulation. And finally my newest hobby are Marvel/DC figures. These are absolutely amazing and can range from amazingly articulated figures such as Marvel Legends or amazing detailed such as the Diamond Select line. I useally display my figures on shelves or post pictures of them on my Instagram. ^.^

No mom little Timmy can't play with my toys!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:51:19 14/06/2015 by somePerson
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6072
#2 Posted: 04:34:45 14/06/2015
Figmas & Nendoroids for the most part, especially any released from Sword Art Online, Pokemon, or of the Vocaloids Rin & Len. I collect some Amiibos of characters I like such as Rosalina and Shulk; the same goes for Funko Pop, of which I only have 4 and have no real intention of getting more at the moment (2 Harley Quinns, Jace Beleren, and unmasked Spidey).

My collection can be viewed on MFC which I use to track it. Pictures will come later.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#3 Posted: 14:37:13 14/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Seiki
Figmas & Nendoroids for the most part, especially any released from Sword Art Online, Pokemon, or of the Vocaloids Rin & Len. I collect some Amiibos of characters I like such as Rosalina and Shulk; the same goes for Funko Pop, of which I only have 4 and have no real intention of getting more at the moment (2 Harley Quinns, Jace Beleren, and unmasked Spidey).

My collection can be viewed on MFC which I use to track it. Pictures will come later.

Are Nendoroids worth it? I keep seeing ones on Amazon that look cool but I'm scared of getting a fake.
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6606
#4 Posted: 23:11:32 14/06/2015
Quote: somePerson

Are Nendoroids worth it? I keep seeing ones on Amazon that look cool but I'm scared of getting a fake.

Seiki or I could help ya find authentic ones. And in my opinion, they are worth it. As long as you like the character and like the chibi style, they're good. Although, IMO some series (Ex. attack on titan, Madoka magica) i'd rather go with figma for seeing how they have more dynamic poses from their series. Nendos are more making the character cute, as such, have limit movements. Although, they usually have more accessories then figma and are cheaper depening on the figure.
---
Gay 4 GARcher
#5 Posted: 00:13:34 15/06/2015

Like DC said, it mostly depends on the character or series and how you feel about the chibi look. If you want a more serious character and do more dynamic poses with them, you can sometimes work with them enough to find such a pose, but it would overall be better to go with a Figma. Personally, I prefer the Figma line because of the better posability, but do enjoy the occasional Nendoroid and will often end up wanting a character who is only a nendo and not a Figma as is the case for Red & Celty.

DC and I would also be more than willing to help you avoid bootlegs. As a general rule, avoid eBay. Amazon can be sketchy at times too. AmiAmi, Mandarake, & Crunchyroll will always have legitimate stuff.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#6 Posted: 00:58:28 15/06/2015 | Topic Creator
How do you purchase items from Japanese sites?
azz01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#7 Posted: 01:00:03 15/06/2015
I am so jelous of Seiki right now with his school uniform Madoka.
---
Call me the penguin man for that is who I am. Also stan LOOΠΔ!
#8 Posted: 02:50:07 15/06/2015
How do you purchase items from Japanese sites?

Same as any other site. They charge you in Yen, but credit card companies/PayPal convert it so you can still pay in USD. EMS is fastest shipping, but can get expensive. SAL is kinda slow and can take damn near a month, but is better in terms of cost.

Quote: azz01
I am so jelous of Seiki right now with his school uniform Madoka.

Mwahahaha >:3

[User Posted Image]

Madarake gets a few every now and again for decent prices. Paid about $50 for mine after shipping. Most come without the game, but everything else is included. I use the Kyubey pouch as a case for my 3DS.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 03:06:43 15/06/2015 by Seiki
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me