darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > Could Crash Bandicoot be a new Skylander?
Page 1 of 1
Could Crash Bandicoot be a new Skylander? [CLOSED]
Cicada17 Green Sparx Gems: 498
#1 Posted: 13:47:20 10/06/2015 | Topic Creator
There is rumor of an announcement regarding Crash Bandicoot at E3.
Activision currently owns the Crash Bandicoot license.
Crash has a history of driving vehicles.
Everyone would love to see Spyro and Crash together again!
LameLime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1200
#2 Posted: 14:08:48 10/06/2015
My thoughts are a bit hazy, I don't really know if Crash could make a good skylander based on what I've seen in the Crash games.
---
NOSTALGA-LANDERS COLLECTION (Spyro's Adventure)
30/32 Skylanders -- 4/4 Levels -- 8/9 Items (Includes VV)
Missing: smilie smilie + Ghost Swords
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#3 Posted: 14:16:37 10/06/2015
Highly doubt it.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#4 Posted: 14:33:02 10/06/2015
That rumor is from last year,still.

Yes, he could make a good Skylander(melee with a focus on dodge rolling?),but dunno if Acti is shameless enough to attract the ire of BOTH sister fandoms, and even then they have never even given a reason to sit on the Crash IP like they're doing. It's a free Life(or Earth if they use the crystal motifs) skylander chance and they haven't gone for the opportunity yet.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 14:34:07 10/06/2015 by Bifrost
#5 Posted: 14:42:16 10/06/2015 | Topic Creator
I felt like Tiki Speaky in Trap Team was clearly a reference to Crash. Would be fun if his accompanying vehicle were a Nitro Kart. I suppose the announcement could tie to a DLC Smash character.
ultyzaus Yellow Sparx Gems: 1700
#6 Posted: 14:45:17 10/06/2015
Yeah, he will be a character of the new Boom element, together with Flynn smilie'

Honestly, he could be one, maybe a bit wacky for the 'Landers, but he could.
---
http://ultyzarus.deviantart.com/
223/254, 17 superchargers, 14 vehicles
Characters missing: Rocky Roll, Splat, Nightfall, Thrillipede
#7 Posted: 14:45:52 10/06/2015
Tiki Speaky is a reference to... Tikis. It's not Crash exclusive.

With guys like Boomer and Double Trouble around, it's hardly too wacky. The question would be what they'd take from inspiration - the classic abilities,the plot stuff, the Titans stuff(would make the fans even angrier), or they'll choose the best of both worlds like Skyro.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:55:01 10/06/2015 by Bifrost
#8 Posted: 14:53:20 10/06/2015 | Topic Creator
A Tiki mask that hovers around the main character and attacks enemies seems to relate to Crash though. Crash is no more wacky then Trigger Happy. He might actually be a good match for him in the Tech Element.
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#9 Posted: 15:35:53 10/06/2015
I'd like to see Crash as a Skylander, but considering the negative feedback they got when they gave Spyro a face-tuck, I think it would be smarter to just have a new standalone Crash Bandicoot game.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#10 Posted: 15:40:10 10/06/2015
Quote: AdamGregory03
I'd like to see Crash as a Skylander, but considering the negative feedback they got when they gave Spyro a face-tuck, I think it would be smarter to just have a new standalone Crash Bandicoot game.

Well, the same can be said about Spyro, but Acti's attitude inicates that they're willing to not do anything with the IPs on their own.
And hey, both VV and TFB do mammals all the time, so unlike Skyro's bad eyes-to-snout positioning that everyone dislikes they could probably keep his face where it is.
---
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#11 Posted: 16:35:16 10/06/2015
Quote: Bifrost
Quote: AdamGregory03

Well, the same can be said about Spyro, but Acti's attitude inicates that they're willing to not do anything with the IPs on their own.
And hey, both VV and TFB do mammals all the time, so unlike Skyro's bad eyes-to-snout positioning that everyone dislikes they could probably keep his face where it is.

True, true. But still, I think giving him his own game would be the smarter and safer option, no matter who they get to develop it.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
3skylanderbro Blue Sparx Gems: 813
#12 Posted: 16:39:59 10/06/2015
He could always be part of the tech element. That would make sense
---
Just three brothers who love skylanders!!!!
#13 Posted: 16:41:25 10/06/2015 | Topic Creator
I think the Cynder depiction was excellent though. They could simply make a slightly less evil version of Wolfgang and call it Crash.
#14 Posted: 16:43:38 10/06/2015
Wolfgang is a werewolf,though, nowhere close to a marsupial. But considering we have stuff like capybaras, a bandicoot isn't anything new.
I think he'd be better in the Life or Earth elements, he always had the nature motif in a few things.
---
#15 Posted: 17:00:56 10/06/2015 | Topic Creator
I suppose Wolfgang looks more like Crunch Bandicoot. Crash was not as muscular.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#16 Posted: 17:13:25 10/06/2015
If they'll do add Crash (and I doubt it) I think he would really suit the Earth or Life Elements depending on powers.

If they'll go with wumpa fruits, and wooden made gadgets Life would be perfect, of course with his spin attack in the mix.

If they'll prefer pure melee with the powers from the CotT series and a couple from the Classic one then Earth is the right Element in my opinion.

Maybe also Magic (crystals and jacking enemies) could do... Mmmmh...
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
WFLD Emerald Sparx Gems: 3600
#17 Posted: 18:08:29 10/06/2015
I thought/think that Activision Secretly lost the rights to Crash Bandicoot in 2012 as they didn't pay the Royalty thing to keep the IP(?). If so, he's secretly in the hand of Sony now. Pretty sure a video was made verifying this but I can't find it :/

If not, it'll expire in 2021 or something or nothin'..
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#18 Posted: 18:56:00 10/06/2015
Quote: WFLD
I thought/think that Activision Secretly lost the rights to Crash Bandicoot in 2012 as they didn't pay the Royalty thing to keep the IP(?). If so, he's secretly in the hand of Sony now. Pretty sure a video was made verifying this but I can't find it :/

That sounds super conspiracy theory, and obviously does not have any weight to it. If Activision lost the rights and Sony had them, I'm fairly certain we would have had confirmation on this by now, and even probably a new game announcement. Crash still belongs to Activision.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#19 Posted: 19:48:39 10/06/2015
Quote: Bionichute
Quote: WFLD

That sounds super conspiracy theory, and obviously does not have any weight to it. If Activision lost the rights and Sony had them, I'm fairly certain we would have had confirmation on this by now, and even probably a new game announcement. Crash still belongs to Activision.

Actually I think I remember something about Activision's expired rights for Crash...
And I doubt we would know anything if Sony REALLY wanted to keep it secret.

After all E3 is around the corner... And I heard a few rumors regarding a possible Crash game coming out next year... We'll see. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Badwolfmichael Gold Sparx Gems: 2511
#20 Posted: 20:37:25 10/06/2015
I highly doubt it

But if he was a Skylander, I might just buy the toy, even if I didn't get the game, because I'd love to have Crash playable
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#21 Posted: 21:27:23 10/06/2015
Quote:
Actually I think I remember something about Activision's expired rights for Crash...
And I doubt we would know anything if Sony REALLY wanted to keep it secret.

It's a myth. Activision still have the rights to Crash.

http://attackofthefanboy.com/n...t-license-2021/
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#22 Posted: 21:37:08 10/06/2015
I would buy a crash figure for sure
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
SirKev7 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1251
#23 Posted: 14:44:45 12/06/2015
No, no, no, no, no... NO! If Crash gets put in Skylanders it will officially kill him off for good. Spyro never should have been apart of Skylanders.
#24 Posted: 16:51:20 12/06/2015
Quote: SirKev7
No, no, no, no, no... NO! If Crash gets put in Skylanders it will officially kill him off for good. Spyro never should have been apart of Skylanders.

Are we back at 2011 where fans could judge when mascots were "killed"?
Do you want them forever forgotten or with at least parts of the IP living on? I prefer the latter - at least Spyro got to keep his personality, Crash probably could've as well.
---
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#25 Posted: 16:59:22 12/06/2015
Not to sound like a hater, I don't think Crash Bandicoot is all that great.
ToySoldierMafia Blue Sparx Gems: 916
#26 Posted: 22:13:09 12/06/2015
I feel as though this topic shows up every year... And, this year would be such a waste for him. Unless he was leading the Super Chargers, he would disappear into obscurity among the new characters. Crash Bandicoot may not be a first tier franchise, but he is well known to most Spyro fans and deserves his own sort of celebration in a Skylanders game; His art in the logo, a figure in the starter pack, promotion in the commercials... Something other than "maybe they will reveal him at E3". Super Chargers just does not seem like the best fit for Crash AS an introduction. Though, this is more opinion than observation.
#27 Posted: 22:25:14 12/06/2015
I agree
---
#28 Posted: 22:33:27 12/06/2015
Quote: ToySoldierMafia
I feel as though this topic shows up every year... And, this year would be such a waste for him. Unless he was leading the Super Chargers, he would disappear into obscurity among the new characters. Crash Bandicoot may not be a first tier franchise, but he is well known to most Spyro fans and deserves his own sort of celebration in a Skylanders game; His art in the logo, a figure in the starter pack, promotion in the commercials... Something other than "maybe they will reveal him at E3". Super Chargers just does not seem like the best fit for Crash AS an introduction. Though, this is more opinion than observation.

You do have a point... The side characters like Cynder,Sparx,whatever reference to Crash they choose is one thing,but main character is still main character if he isn't the leading man. Maybe if they do have those plans,we'll eventually get a Crash's Travels or something where the gimmick is spinning and animal riding.
---
Dark Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2623
#29 Posted: 00:14:57 13/06/2015
I'd love to see crash in Skylanders
But I highly doubt it
Apparently crash was supposed to be the main skylander but was replaced with spyro
---
Psn-Zydren8cookie, FC 3024-5345-8692
#30 Posted: 00:25:35 13/06/2015
Quote: Dark Snap Shot

Apparently crash was supposed to be the main skylander but was replaced with spyro

I've never heard that before in any official source. The flagship skylanders during Spyro's Kingdom were Rock Dragon(Bash),Flame Dragon(Flavius?), Haldor(Double Trouble and the NPC), Cyclops Slime(Zap),Bomb Troll(Boomer) and Ghost Eater(Roaster). Crash was never mentioned in any of the franchise development articles.

(to be fair,the article is long gone,but you can find quotes from it everywhere)
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:28:56 13/06/2015 by Bifrost
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#31 Posted: 00:42:01 13/06/2015
^I remember someone on the CrashMania forum saying that Toys for Bob were going to make a Crash game, but they never showed any proof.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#32 Posted: 00:51:49 13/06/2015
Ugh... what is up with some fans? Of course there's always the likelihood of fans replacing parts of official content with something they hope for (like replacing the word 'Spyro' in an official interview with the word 'Crash'), then spread rumors.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/0...bes-in-toyland/

Quote: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure preview: Babes in toyland
when Activision first approached Toys for Bob about doing a Spyro title, Reiche and his company originally aimed for something much darker than Spyro has ever been before.

"Let's blow Spyro out," Reiche said at the time. "Let's raise up the age range for him, let's appeal to the kids over 16 up into young adults, let's make it tough and bloody. And we did all of this concept work and just lost our enthusiasm. That wasn't Spyro. That isn't what our passion was about. It was much more joyous and active, and so we sort of stepped back from that.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:54:20 13/06/2015 by Aura24
Akseyomiht Yellow Sparx Gems: 1494
#33 Posted: 23:17:20 16/06/2015
Since we have exclusive characters for Nintendo platforms this is more real than ever.
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#34 Posted: 23:21:02 16/06/2015
Quote: Akseyomiht
Since we have exclusive characters for Nintendo platforms this is more real than ever.

probably not for this game since all starters were announced. highly doubtable at the moment he'd be in a single pack
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
#35 Posted: 23:35:03 16/06/2015
Quote: tigerdr
Highly doubtable at the moment he'd be in a single pack

Why it is doubtable?

Many games change the guest character depending on the platform of the game.

[Link, Spawn, and Heihachi]
#36 Posted: 23:40:42 16/06/2015
Highly doubtable at the moment he'd be in a single pack

Why it is doubtable?

Many games change the guest character depending on the platform of the game.

[Link, Spawn, and Heihachi]

If he was going to be for any other platform as exclusive, no doubt there would have been a reveal at some point during the presentations of sony, microsoft or nintendo. nintendo already said on their exclusives in the direct as in people go their wish for skylanders being a part of the big 3's conference in some form. the other two had a chance to reveal it and for now only nintendo did and they even state of theirs only being in a starter. The other starters have spitfire and most likely to not cause confusion to families that buy single packs, he would not be in one. Same reason dk and bowser aren't in singles. Its possible in another game but highly unlikely right now for superchargers, despite he could fit in.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
#37 Posted: 23:57:58 16/06/2015

Not all recent Spyro Characters have to come in a Starter. Remember Sparx? He wasnt in the starter. I still think he will be the new tech character
---
#38 Posted: 23:58:42 16/06/2015

If he was going to be for any other platform as exclusive, no doubt there would have been a reveal at some point during the presentations of sony, microsoft or nintendo. nintendo already said on their exclusives in the direct as in people go their wish for skylanders being a part of the big 3's conference in some form. the other two had a chance to reveal it and for now only nintendo did and they even state of theirs only being in a starter. The other starters have spitfire and most likely to not cause confusion to families that buy single packs, he would not be in one. Same reason dk and bowser aren't in singles. Its possible in another game but highly unlikely right now for superchargers, despite he could fit in.

First: E3 it's not over
Second: Activision still owns Crash rigths, so nobody has to confirm anything.
Third: Buying single characters now causes confusion?
#39 Posted: 00:06:26 17/06/2015
Apparently it does for nintendo since their characters are being locked out of other systems it would cause confusion to parents to buy a single pack of bowser or dk and not be able to play them on xbox or playstation. So no those two are the example as to why they wouldn't do so with crash as he'd end up as an exclusive some how as well. I would think the same would apply to crash in this case. Most of the major announcements for e3 happened so yes its about 80% over. The last day of anything new will happen tomorrow and it's slim it'll be a lot more skylanders until release date. So no it's highly doubtable that he'll be in superchargers. Just don't see it happening right now. Maybe another game.
---
#40 Posted: 00:49:29 17/06/2015
>20% can't be a guest character announcement
and
>People isn't smart enough to read "This product isn't compatible with nintendo platforms"

Nobody brought traps for 3Ds trap team
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:51:20 17/06/2015 by Akseyomiht
#41 Posted: 00:56:39 17/06/2015
it's better probably from their perspective not to deal with characters that can't be played from platform to platform. so they would restrain them to starters as to make it easier for that. so if crash was an exclusive he would be announced by now and most likely been in a starter. the only way he would make it in this game is if he wasn't exclusive, but they would still probably announce him at some point. i just don't see that happening at this time.
---
#42 Posted: 01:04:50 17/06/2015
I hope Crash is the mystery Life element Supercharger.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#43 Posted: 01:12:55 17/06/2015
Maybe skylanders can be reduced to simply being a platform for other IP. Now with the Nintendo announcement, they've kinda reduced their own IP as a result, IMO. Not being a hater, just a purist. smilie
#44 Posted: 01:17:50 17/06/2015
Quote: TakeYourLemons
Maybe skylanders can be reduced to simply being a platform for other IP. Now with the Nintendo announcement, they've kinda reduced their own IP as a result, IMO. Not being a hater, just a purist. smilie

That's the same thing. smilie
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
xXBeavcoonXx Gold Sparx Gems: 2628
#45 Posted: 01:33:04 17/06/2015
Now with our nintendo-landers I think Crash is just as possible
---
now its time to get funky
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#46 Posted: 01:51:03 17/06/2015
This has been a conversation since the first game and I think his chances are about the same as they were then; possible, but not likely.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me