Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5
Magister - Fantasy RP [CLOSED]
NightBlade Platinum Sparx Gems: 6019
#1 Posted: 05:40:45 08/06/2015 | Topic Creator
“The role of a magister is to the people as a lifelong profession. To their team as family. And to their family as a single indispensable part in a grand machine. They are to us all a light in dark times.” -- Grand Magus Helster 31:42.

Welcome to Magister!

Magister is a unique world setting taken place on the floating islands of Arceia. Each island held aloft from the void of the netherworld via large magical crystal. The world above the void is one of light, life, and prosperity. Life is run by magic, with its’ power imbued into almost every aspect of everyday life.
You are playing a character in class C-3 of Lightbream Academy, one of the largest of most prestigious school for magic in the world.

This is going to be taking place in one of my custom worlds. I ask that you at least skim the TL; DR version of it on the FAQ which I will post below. The entire FAQ is six pages long including the mechanics, character sheet, example character, and rules. It's not as long as it looks. You just really need to have an idea about what your character is getting into and the types of magic they can use. If you have problems getting to the google document PM me so that I can send you a file or a pm. If you have any questions feel free to shoot those my way!
Magister FAQ
Rules

Each person will have three strikes before I kick them out of the roleplay. Each offense will earn them a strike. After a while I will forgive strikes. Ignore the rules, and be banished.

• I am the Game Master.
  • There will be no god modding.
  • Ash is not the GM, but she is the GM's best friend. If you can't get a hold of me, she will help you.
  • You may only play humans.
  • You may only control your character.
  • You may only play the classes and forms listed in the FAQ.
  • Please role-play in third-person to avoid confusion.
  • Please obey forum rules.
  • If you must disobey forum rules, don’t do it where people can report it.
  • Please don’t derail the topic.
  • Please be willing to pace yourself with the others in the RP. If you’re too fast, slow down. It won’t kill the RP, trust me. Mutual respect means a lot.

Character Sheet

My name is: (First Name) (Last Name).
I am _ years old.
I am a: (Magic Form) (Magic Class).
My magical affinity is: (1-3)
I am in class C-3.
I look like this: (appearance, written or otherwise. You do get metaphorically brownies points from having this in written or drawing your own picture.)
This is how I got here: (Type your background or put “Sent to Grand Magus” if you’d like to pm it to me.)
Here’s some stuff you should know about me: (Put your personality, your favorite color, or whatever you feel should go here. Just put something that you want people to know about your character. Simple. This is required. Seriously, you could even put that you like the color blue.)

Once again, if you have any questions about anything either refer to the FAQ or ask me.
---
The Eater of Worlds has awoken!
"Muttering curse words under her breasts..." - Jamie
Galaxies and Stardust. More Art Than Stars.
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 05:21:00 29/11/2015 by NightBlade
ash Emerald Sparx Gems: 3001
#2 Posted: 06:10:54 08/06/2015
My name is: Raven Hawthorn
I am 20 years old
I am a: Incantation Elementalist
My magical affinity is: 2
I am in class C-3.
I look like this: I have long jet black hair that is usually braided and laid over one shoulder or the other, my eyes are a metallic silver color, my skin is tan and i have slight freckles across my nose. I'm not exactly skinny or chubby in size but i am muscular and very strong for a girl. I'm about 5'4. I have a few scars on my arms and one at the corner of my mouth that is rarely ever turned up in a smile.
This is how I got here: I didn't really put much effort into being sociable with other classmates and my parents forced me into this class for my "Lack of commitment and willingness to work with others".
Here’s some stuff you should know about me: I don't really smile much but I have a good joking sense of humor if you can get me to talk to you. I may come off a little rude or stuck up but I really don't think much of myself. If you are actually able to befriend me then I am a very loyal and caring friend.
---
I'M WITH THE DUCK!!
Gotta have that wall of words man~
#3 Posted: 06:13:16 08/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Accepted, ash. :3
---
#4 Posted: 00:20:25 09/06/2015
This must look intimidating NB smilie. Two or three people and we are a go! Woohoo! smilie

!THE WALL OF TEXT!
---
I'M WITH THE DUCK!!
#5 Posted: 15:49:39 10/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Yeah. smilie I know you like reading my walls of text, ash. We'll start sometime either later tonight or tomorrow morning.
---
#6 Posted: 16:02:14 10/06/2015
Oh the "walls" are always awesome to read. Time consuming but worth it usuallysmilie
And alright, ready to start whenever you are!
---
I'M WITH THE DUCK!!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:03:00 10/06/2015 by ash
#7 Posted: 03:21:29 11/06/2015 | Topic Creator
OOC: Alright, lets get this game rolling.
--

Sometime early in the morning you pry yourself from bed to go to school. An entire hour earlier than normal classes to be precise. You are in class C-3. The worst of the worst. No going any lower. The layout of the school even reflects it. After going through main street and up the winding stair pathway to the school, you proceed down the out of the way path down the cliff side. A small separate building sit of grey and gold stone built out from the lower mass of the island. A hard wooden door and dusty windows being it's only other distinctive features. A training yard, small and fenced and made of cobbled stones, holds an otherworldly view of both the sky of heaven above and the darkness of the void below the Arceia. You are the only person to come down this path. Either early or late. You walk to the heavy wooden door engraved with a mockingly polished sign reading "C-3".
The hinges let out a loud screech as you open the door and you are confronted with the smell of dust and old wooden. The light streams into a seemingly colorless classroom of long aged unpolished wood desks, floors, and stone walls. Three columns of desks on different height levels, much like that of a university. The desks are long, meant to sit three or four students, with wooden benches. The windows are partially covered with faded red curtains that flow in the draft that comes through them. At the front of the room there is a messy chalk board and a podium. On either side of this there lie two doors, one leading to a teacher's office and the other to a storage room.
Siting in the room are four figures. One sitting in the back of the class with leather boots propped firmly on her desk. She is short and shows muscle in her form, with long black hair pulled into messy pig tails. She wheres copper goggles strapped to her forehead to act as a hair band. A leather coat resting loosely on her frame with a white blouse and heavy denim shorts underneath. Her face is round, looking almost babyish if her expression wasn't one of distaste. Beside her sits a strange copper staff proper against her chair. A gleaming pole with a cylinder shaped compartment in the mid top, and a white crystal at its' peak.
In the very front of the class, near the far right sits a tall slender boy. He has curly brown hair and sharper features. His nose is long and above it sit two vivid amber eyes. On his head sits an old cap made of tan cloth. He wears dirty clothing, with mud on the bottom of his cloth trousers and dust clinging to his green shirt and faded red vest. He wears well worn brown shoes. He stares at the window with a far away look to his eyes.
And in the middle of the class, dead center, sit the strangest two. One of them, clearly the strangest in the room, is a man made of flame. A flickering being resembling a well figured man with black eyes that make it impossible to tell where he is looking. In the center of his chest is a red gemstone, gleaming whilst encased in flames. He has no other real facial structure that a vague impression where his mouth should be and a hint of a nose.
Next to him sits a radiant being. She has long, flowing blonde hair that seems to wave on its own that caresses slender cheeks. Her eyes are a slender frame for two endless orbs of blue that seem to flow as the sea. Her frame is thin and willowy, with skin that seems to shine in the darkness with a translucent glow. She wears a simple with dress with travelers shoes, her face set in a small and enchanting smile. She seeming to be having a conversation with the being beside her, with a voice that reminds you of a babbling brook.
And so, you have taken in all of class C-3. The rejects, the outcasts, those unskilled at magic, and of course the idiots. Welcome home.
---
#8 Posted: 03:42:32 11/06/2015
Raven silently studied her classmates for a moment after walking into the room before choosing a seat farther to the back near the girl with her boots propped on the desk. She didn't sit beside her but a little farther down to leave space between them; she wasn't very interested in having much conversation and this girl didn't seem like the overly chatty type. Raven sat down and looked at the people around her once more, they were all different it seemed, none really the same at all. She noticed some clothing to be better than others and felt firmly in the middle with her clothing. She wore a plain white shirt with jeans that were torn across the thighs, and her black laced up boots were actually clean for once. Not too homeless looking for once. Her long black hair was braided and laid over her right shoulder and she played with the end of it quietly as her attention came to rest on the fiery figure. She found the girl beside him interesting but him even more so. She didn't want to stare for long so she slouched slightly in her seat as she got comfortable and closed her eyes for a moment, the teacher didn't seem to be there yet so she figured she had a little bit to relax.
---
I'M WITH THE DUCK!!
#9 Posted: 03:48:02 11/06/2015 | Topic Creator
You hear the sound of conversation changing ahead of you and someone sliding out from their bench seat. A light set of feet make their way up and stop at your desk. "Hello there," Says a flowing voice. "Welcome to class C-3. I hope we will work well together as a family."
---
#10 Posted: 03:51:49 11/06/2015
Raven listens to the sound of change in the classroom and her eyes remain closed as she listened to someone approach, maybe they weren't coming up to her. The corner of her mouth pulled down in a slight frown at the sound of a voice, "Are you talking to me?" she asked in a slow smooth voice before slowly opening her eyes.
---
I'M WITH THE DUCK!!
#11 Posted: 03:59:21 11/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Before you stands the girl with blonde hair spilling over her shoulders. Her hand is extended towards you for a handshake. Her eyes glance at your frown but her smile remains. "I am. My name is Myra. It is nice to meet you." Myra says with a pleasant tone. From behind her down below you can see the fiery figure watching the two of you rather intently.
---
#12 Posted: 04:03:50 11/06/2015
Raven sits up straighter and tries to produce a smile but only manages a slight grin, "I'm Raven." After a pause she extended her arm and shook Myra's hand. Raven's tone could have been a little more cheerful but it rarely ever was. Her expression always seemed unamused if she was not frowning anyway.
---
I'M WITH THE DUCK!!
#13 Posted: 01:47:35 12/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Myra's eyes flash with acknowledgement at her slight grin. "We finally get a fifth member to our family. I was so excited!" She exclaims, "Nazeem told me that we we're probably gonna get some weirdo! And I told him that it would be really hard to out do us!" She pauses as the fiery being behind her lets out a long sigh.
She turns to point to the students around the room in a clockwise fashion, her motions seeming overly animated for the task. "That's Meredith, and Felix, and that there is Nazeem. But you should probably introduce yourself to them personally."
---
#14 Posted: 01:57:11 12/06/2015
Raven looked to each person Myra pointed to as she named them, "I'm not really much of a people person," she said casually. Raven rolled her shoulders in a stretch, "I don't go out of my way to meet people," she looked the girl over once more, " But it was nice to meet you." She tried to end with being slightly polite but wasn't sure if it came off that way.
---
I'M WITH THE DUCK!!
#15 Posted: 02:23:38 12/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Myra's smile kinda flickers for a second and she nods. "Well, it was nice to meet you. I'll just go sit back down before our teacher gets here." She says as she heads back down to her seat next to Nazeem. Raven can feel the blank stare of Nazeem fixating on her a little more intensely that it was before, although he doesn't say anything. After a few uneasy moments he returns to conversation with Myra.
With that the door to the teachers office slides open as a tall figure emerges. With straight white hair and scaly auburn skin, sharp and defining features, and orange eyes with pupils resembling that of a sheep comes the woman. On either side of her head are two large horns, to her right horn is tied a small bell. She is strong in both her build and her aura in a manner that would cause most to avoid eye contact. After closing the door the ominous stranger walks almost painfully slowly to the front of the classroom where piercing eyes sweep over the classroom. With a loud cough to clear her throat she lets out a voice more akin to a growl.
"Good morning, Magisters, welcome to your first day of class. I am professor Ursula Walker. You students can either call me Professor, Walker, or Professor Walker. Don't. Call me anything else. Do I make myself clear?"
---
#16 Posted: 07:58:25 12/06/2015
Raven watched Myra return to her seat and then found herself studying Nazeem as his back was turned to her once more. Her attention turned to the door and she watched a woman walk into the room who soon introduced herself as the professor. Raven found the woman pretty in an odd way and she nodded her head as she listened to Ursula Walker instruct them on what to call her. Raven nodded in response to the woman. She knew when to listen to someone and she felt that this women wasn't someone who you want to upset.
---
I'M WITH THE DUCK!!
#17 Posted: 03:42:44 13/06/2015
OOC: Here's the other character I spoke of.

My name is: Derek Simmons
I am 21 years old.
I am a: Incantation, modification
My magical affinity is: 1
I am in class C-3.
I look like this: His hair is a light shade of red and he has a soft almost childish face still with large brown eyes, he usually wears light earthy colored shirts with his simple jeans and old shoes. He has broad shoulders and when wearing a short sleeve shirt you can see that his arms are larger and muscular, his chest isn't very broad but he is muscular underneath his shirt but you can't really tell. He stands easily at six foot. His mouth is rarely ever pulled down in a frown. His arms are a deep tan and his hands are large and calloused.
This is how I got here: He was a little slow in his classes. He studied very hard but couldn't quite seem to be able get his magic to work for him.
Here’s some stuff you should know about me: Derek is a pretty relaxed and laid back person. He is willing to make conversation with anyone and is able to make friends fairly easy. He is a happy person and is always willing to help, some have mistaken him to be rough and tough by looking at him but he really is a sweet heart.
---
I'M WITH THE DUCK!!
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5550
#18 Posted: 19:18:02 14/06/2015
OOC: Are we allowed to join?
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
#19 Posted: 13:59:24 15/06/2015
OOC: Yes you can still joinsmilie
---
I'M WITH THE DUCK!!
StormDragon21 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5550
#20 Posted: 20:24:07 15/06/2015
My name is: Chandra Rykura (the y is pronounced like an e)
I am 18 years old
I am a: Crystalline Elementalist
My magic affinity is: 3
I am in class C-3
I look like this: I have short, ragged red hair, orange eyes, and fairly light-colored skin. I am fairly small for my age, and somewhat thin. I normally wear a tunic and exercise pants, or anything that's easy to move in.
This is how I got here: I've never been able to control my magic. On top of that, people say that I'm hard to work with, but it's everyone else that's being impossible.
Here's some stuff you should know about me: My magic comes with my temper, so it's not a good idea to make me angry. I don't like rules and regulations, and I end up disliking a lot of other things as well.
---
"sTORM, my parents just told me something that RUINED MY LIFE. DID YOU KNOW that Smarties have different flavors?!" ~ShadowMewX
#21 Posted: 03:40:14 17/06/2015 | Topic Creator
OOC: Hello, sorry for the delayed response. I am currently across state at ash's house. smilie Anyway, if you don't mind a temporarily slowed pace in game-play you are more than welcome to join.
I've read over your character and everything looks good. As note on the magic coming with anger: Magic started by anger instead of channeling magic via a crystal will be significantly weaker if it isn't done consciously. This is more of a mechanics note of the trait you mentioned.
--

@Chandra & Derek:
(The first post and the descriptions still apply.)
As you enter the currently silent classroom, the red figure turns slowly to the face of the very tardy students. With a curl of her upper lip and the narrowing of her eyes she speaks to the two in a low tone. "First day of class... THE first day of class and I already have tardies." Her hand collides with the podium in front of her and a low growl emits from her throat. "Take your seats. Class has already begun."
@Raven:
You get a lovely view of Professor Walker telling off two people showing up later than you.
---
#22 Posted: 23:42:26 20/06/2015
Raven grinned as she watched the teacher scold the late people; she leaned back once more and closed her eyes as she listened.

Derek blushed deeply and his eyes widened as he tried to stutter through an apology about being late. "I-I'm so sorry," he looked at the floor with a small frown. Sleeping in was obviously not the best decision that he could have made. He quickly found a seat near another boy who was looking out a window and kept his head down. This is so embarrassing...
---
I'M WITH THE DUCK!!
#23 Posted: 00:02:52 21/06/2015 | Topic Creator
The curly haired boy glanced over at the late-comer now sitting next to him before yawning and turning his gaze to the teacher at the front of the class. With a raise of his hand he opens his mouth in a light voice before she has a chance to respond, "Professor, what were you saying again?"
And flying threw the air comes an chalkboard eraser that hits the kid right in the forehead. And Professor walker lets out more of a roar that a shout, "Pay attention already!" The poor victim of the rogue flying eraser quietly rubs his chalk-dusted forehead with a quiet 'yes ma'am'.

At the top of class a much displeased Meredith gives a load sigh and adjusts herself in her seat. Mayra lets out a little giggle saying something to Nazeem about how funny Felix was when he came back down to Arcaeia, to which he gives a slight shrug.
---
#24 Posted: 00:20:36 21/06/2015
Derek's mouth dropped open as he looked between the boy beside him and the professor, he wanted to ask if the boys head was okay, that eraser had seemed to hit him pretty hard, but he thought it best to remain silent. He cleared his throat and wiggled nervously in his chair a little, the professor was very intimidating. He looked at the others around him for a moment, his eyes paused on the girl beside the fiery figure, he could hear her giggling and he smiled slightly before looking back to the other two girls behind him who didn't seem quite as amused.

Raven had opened her eyes just in time to see the eraser smack into Felix's face, a light giggle had actually escaped her lips and she grinned down at the boy who had been spaced out the entire time. She glanced over at Meredith who seemed bored if not aggravated. Raven played with the end of her braid once more as she looked back at the boy beside Felix who was now looking around the room. He seemed pretty simple, nothing all that amazing about him so far.
---
I'M WITH THE DUCK!!
#25 Posted: 00:10:43 22/06/2015 | Topic Creator
After a few moments the class dies down and Professor Walker's eyes skim the wooden room. "Today we're going to be reviewing tri-dimensional magic theory, otherwise known as the law of Arceia." She states in a voice of authority.
From the top of the class you can practically feel the boredom coming off of Meredith in waves. The other students seem to be fairly neutral on the subject.
Professor Walker begins drawing a diagram of the three planes: Heaven above, Arceia where you dwell, and the dark of the Void down below. From somewhere within her long leather coat she pulls out a pointer, with which she taps the crystal below Arceia. "All magic comes from the light of the sun and is stored within the Arceia crystals. And the light of the sun, which is created in heaven, is created when magic is exhausted. And the magic that has fallen to darkness changes into that which dwells in the void, a sea of black magics and foul beasts.It is by this that we explain the nature of our world."
With a rigid motion she quickly draws a small person preforming a ritual. "And when a spell is cast we change the very way our universe flows."
---
#26 Posted: 00:57:52 22/06/2015
Raven yawned as she listened to the Professor talk, she was listening but lack of sleep didn't help her attention span. She crossed her arms on the table InFront of her and rested her chin ontop of them as she lay across it, her eyes mere slits as she watched Professor draw on the board and speak.

Derek leaned forward and was listening to every word the Professor said, he was determined to be better at his magic. It wasn't for lack of trying and studying that his magic was poor, it was that he just didn't seem quite able to control it. Even though he hadn't been exactly happy to be placed in this class, he did hope that it would help with his magic.
---
I'M WITH THE DUCK!!
#27 Posted: 16:50:58 22/06/2015 | Topic Creator
The professor continues her lecture, pacing around the room as she does so. "The fundamental goal of magic is the change the universe to create the out come you desire. It isn't a tool or a means to an end, in essence magic is change. To regard it as anything less is beyond foolhardy and ignorant. Magic is alive, and disrespecting it comes with dire consequences."
Walker stopped on a dime her gaze turning sharply to the class once more, "Now then, how many of you believe you are capable of controlling magic in the field?"
---
#28 Posted: 17:17:11 22/06/2015
Raven lifted her head slightly so that it was easier to speak with her chin off her arms, "Meaning in a fight? Being able to efficiently fight back?" She huffed slightly; she wasn't the best by any means but she thought herself possibly capable of controlling her magic well enough to be able to hold her own for a bit.

Derek frowned and looked down at his desk, that definitely wasn't him. He shook his head with a small sigh and looked around to see everyone elses expressions and what they might have to say. He glanced back at Raven for a second and noticed how bored the two girls seemed up there, although, Meredith more so.
---
I'M WITH THE DUCK!!
#29 Posted: 17:36:30 22/06/2015 | Topic Creator
"Moron." The single word echoed up from where Meredith was sitting. Her grey eyes fixed on Raven. "The field is any place not constrained by the safety of the class or lab. Even an amateur should know that."
With that out burst the point sails through the air only to bounce of the wall behind Meredith. "Mervle, I don't remember giving you permission to talk down to your peers." Walker let out through barred teeth only for Meredith to give a small shrug.
"I'm not wrong though."

Myra lets out a noise of distaste before speaking up, "Now, now... We're a family now. We shouldn't be so cross with each other..!" She says in a quiet tone before Meredith snaps back.
"Family? Sure, this is a great family."
"That is ENOUGH Mervle. I'll be telling your father about this." Walker booms, slamming her right hand down on Myra and Nazeem's desk, to which Myra lets out a small squeak in response.
Meredith rolls her eyes and leans farther back in her chair, "Please do, he doesn't hear enough me as it is." Comes a mutter in response.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:38:57 22/06/2015 by NightBlade
#30 Posted: 17:57:24 22/06/2015
Raven glared at Meredith, she had liked her better when she wasn't speaking. Raven remained quiet now, what was the point in asking a question to just be shot down, she got enough of that at home. She looked down to the Professor, her face was blank. Meredith's remark hadn't hurt her feelings and her question had been answered, what more was there to say at the moment?

Derek frowned at Meredith, that comment had been uncalled for. He watched the small quarrel between teacher and student quietly, this was defininately not his place to speak but..." Maybe not everyone is as smart as you," he spoke, his voice was quiet but strong. It was simply a statement, he wasn't looking for a response. "And we should atleast try to be a family, couldn't we atleast try to make this work?" He knew Myra's heart was in the right place, they should be working together.
---
I'M WITH THE DUCK!!
#31 Posted: 18:18:22 22/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Walker cleared her throat loudly before Meredith can make another choice remark. After a moment of silence the professor begins to speak once more, "If everyone would quiet down, I'd like to take a count of those who believe they can preform in the field. After I asses the numbers we will move to the training yard outside. Raise your hands please, I'll skip over students who don't." She states as she reaches for a clip board and a pen.
Meredith, Nazeem and Felix all raise their hands. However, Myra seems to attempt to hide herself behind her hair rather unconformable.
---
#32 Posted: 18:39:46 22/06/2015
Raven was hesitant but she slowly raised her hand anyway, she knew her magic may be lacking a little but she didn't want to be left out or have anyone looking down on her because she may not be as capable as them.

Derek scooted down in his seat as he tried to hide, he was embarrassed that he wasn't really able to use his magic. He noticed that Myra hadn't raised her hand either and he felt slightly better knowing that he wasn't alone.
---
I'M WITH THE DUCK!!
#33 Posted: 18:51:59 22/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Walker looked around the room pointing her pen at each of the five students whom had raised their hands. "Alright... Bearer, Simmons... The two of you will be working together. The rest of you will be doing independent work." Walker says to the class as she tucks her clipboard within her coat. "Bring anything essential to your spell work, leave everything else. Come on, we're going out."
Myra reaches for a small bag while Meredith grabs her rather complicated looking staff. Nazeem simply walks for the door, followed by Felix who manages to bump into the fiery being in doing so. After a quick apology, Nazeem makes a motion of forgiveness.
---
#34 Posted: 19:13:02 22/06/2015
Raven stands and follows the others, she walks behind Nazeem, studying his figure curiously. She didn't want to seem rude by staring but she really loved fire.

Derek moved to be beside Myra, "Hi, my name is Derek. I don't think we were actually introduced," he said with a small smile. He had been hoping to have atleast one friend and Myra seemed nice. They both believed that they should all be a family and he liked that.
---
I'M WITH THE DUCK!!
#35 Posted: 19:20:35 22/06/2015 | Topic Creator
After a few moments Nazeem turns to face Raven, and from his general direction a warped sound akin to a voice from the far end of a tunnel emerges. "May I help you?" His head tilts slightly and his blank eyes fixate on Raven unblinking.

Myra's face lights up with a small smile and she extends her hand toward him in an overly animated fashion. "Hello! Welcome to class C-3, Derek! My name is Myra." She continues on one breath, jumping subjects very quickly. "I've been in this class with Nazeem for two months now! We finally got enough students to make a family, but Meredith is really stubborn! 'I'm the best magister here' she'd say!" Myra lets out a noise akin to a pout and then sighs. "I just want everyone to get along. We have a whole eight years of school ahead of us... "
---
#36 Posted: 19:27:54 22/06/2015
Ravens face turned red as she was caught staring, "Oh, sorry. I don't mean to seem rude by staring. I'm just fascinated by fire and find you beautiful." Her eyes widened and she took a step back, she had been talking so fast that she had let that last part slip. She dropped her head, "Sorry," she said quietly, obviously embarrassed. She wasn't good with talking to people and when she did she tended to say the wrong things.

Derek's smile widened, "It's very nice to meet you! I hope we can all be a family too!" He shook her hand before crossing his arms over his chest and relaxing his stance, "Meredith does seem a little rough around the edges, has she been here that long as well?"
---
I'M WITH THE DUCK!!
#37 Posted: 19:34:21 22/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Nazeem appears to stare for a second before he lets out what sounds closet to a chuckle. "Well, thank you. Myra once told me something similar, although she said it much more loudly and without apologizing for doing no wrong." The warped voice says and he turns to face her full. "Honesty is no reason for embarrassment, yes? Come, let us participate in class before Professor Walker has our heads."

Myra shakes her head, "Meredith was put in this class by the Grand Magus two weeks ago. She honestly has gotten less stubborn than she was then, but she still refuses to accept us." She says with a worried look. She turns to glances at Meredith as she walks out the door. "I hope she's okay. It isn't healthy to be that wound up."
---
#38 Posted: 19:45:17 22/06/2015
Raven smiled at Nazeem, a real smile, "you're right. We should go, do you mind if I walk beside you?" Her face was slightly blushed still, she wasn't used to talking to people but she liked Nazeem.

Derek shook his head, "Her behavior has improved? Wow. Well if she has gotten better already then maybe she can continue to be better. Right?" He cocked his head to the side slightly and smiled. Myra seemed like a genuinely nice person and her being sad didn't seem quite right so he wanted to give her hope, "I'm sure we will all be a great family!"
---
I'M WITH THE DUCK!!
#39 Posted: 19:55:35 22/06/2015 | Topic Creator
The fiery being's face remains unchanged a he nods, "You are welcome to. The name which belongs to me is 'Nazeem', or 'Being-of-Fire' in the language of magic. May I as the name which belongs to you?" The warped voice of his asks as he heads through the door, waiting for Raven to follow.

Myra's smile widens a little and she nods. "I'm sure we will be, too." She then heads to the door with a stride that seemed to have a little bit of a skip in her steps.

When everyone is assembled outside Walker begins directing students where to practice. The solo students to a set of training dummies and the two working together to what looks like a large rock. "Those of you working alone will practice landing spells. I want to see accuracy and consistency." With slow and heavy steps the professor steps in front of the rock.
"You two have one job. Move the boulder."
---
#40 Posted: 17:04:52 23/06/2015
Raven caught up to him quickly, "My name is Raven." She remained beside him and would glance over at him for a second now and then.
Raven listens closely to what the professor says once they were outside, she faced her own training dummy and frowned at it slightly. accuracy and consistency.

Derek followed after Myra and stood beside her as he looked at the boulder, "We have to move it? How far?" He asked the professor as he frowned at the boulder in doubt. He glanced over at Myra, maybe with her help this wouldn't be so difficult as it seemed in his mind.
---
I'M WITH THE DUCK!!
#41 Posted: 03:30:45 25/06/2015 | Topic Creator
The students around Raven begin to ready their spells. Nazeem standing up straighter as he begins to speak in the tongue of magic, his words appearing in a circle around him. Although Raven is not a conjurer she can make out a few basic commands: "Create" "Creature" and "Small". Before him three small conjuration circles appear on the ground; out of which come small imp like creatures which crash into the dummy and then promptly disappear.

From Meredith she spins three parts of the cylinder on her staff and the white crystal at the top comes to life. Bits of debris rattle before being hurtled towards the dummy at the motion on her staff. Although her magic itself is very basic, it is clear that her focus is sophisticated enough for her usage.

Felix, unlike the other two Magisters in training, takes a different approach to the situation. He states two words in the language of magic. And his spell settles around himself. He then reaches for something at his hip before patting it in a confused manor. After his searching he locates a collapsible training sword from his pocket. He holds it as a fencer would at strikes at the dummy at a speed with seems unnatural for the frame he has.

Myra stares down at the boulder as the professor lets out a noise of acknowledgement. "You just have to move it. Nothing fancy. Just move it." After a moment of silence Myra speaks up.
"I practice elemental magic. I tend to use rituals, if that helps any. I wonder how long we need to move it... ?"
"Class will not be dismissed until you do it, Bearer."
---
#42 Posted: 01:24:18 12/07/2015 | Topic Creator
OOC: Bump!
---
#43 Posted: 05:23:29 18/10/2015
Derek's eyebrows pulled together in thought, "Moving it couldn't be all that hard." He held his hands out towards the rock with palms facing it and in the language of magic he stated the simple command, "Move."

Raven watched everyone else for a moment before rolling her shoulders and taking a deep breathe as she concentrated, she closed her eyes for a moment as she whispered the in the language of magic. "Create. Fire. Dummy."
---
I'M WITH THE DUCK!!
#44 Posted: 05:29:00 18/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Derek gives the command move. Not move what. The flagstones underneath his feet slide backward quickly. He face plants into the boulder. In response to this Myra makes a small flustered noise. "Are you okay? I don't think it moved very much.."
In the distance you can hear your professor cackling.

As Raven speaks the incantation she can feel the tug of her magic being expended. Sure enough, the dummy in front of her ignites and begins to burn for a moment before the magic flames die out.
---
#45 Posted: 05:35:53 18/10/2015
"Ooww!" Derek whined as he rubbed his face and stood up, "Okay, um, I think it's your turn." He turned his back to everyone, Jeez, even the professor was laughing. his nose and forehead was a little sore now, he wasn't sure that he necessarily wanted to try to move the boulder again.

Raven smiled happily to see the flames that covered her target for a while. She turned to see what the professor was laughing at and she giggled a little, seeing as the boy had moved the rock under his feet instead of the boulder, causing him to face plant into the large rock. "Are you okay?" She called out to him, still grinning.
---
I'M WITH THE DUCK!!
#46 Posted: 05:53:10 18/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Myra reached into her pouch and produced a piece of what appeared to be regular side walk chalk. Around the rock she draws an arcane circle. This takes her a few minutes to accomplish, and once she is done she places both of her hands on the edge of the circle. Her air seems suck towards her for a second before she focuses her eyes decisively on the rock. At first nothing seems to happen for all the build up. Then a little bit of water bubbles up underneath the boulder. Then a lot of water sprayed out from under it. Not moving the boulder, but thoroughly soaking both Myra and Derek.

Nazeem stops casting and turns to face the commotion. "Oh dear... "A quiet echo of a phrase emanates from him. Felix whistles. Meredith on the other hand seems to do a great job at ignoring the fuss.

After that Professor Walker let out a long sigh. "You know, if you two worked together you might be able to get somewhere."
---
#47 Posted: 06:12:40 18/10/2015
"I'm fine," Derek replied to Raven with a wave of his hand before turning to watch Myra draw around the boulder. "This might actually work," he said with a smile as he watched the water start to appear from under the boulder. Suddenly they were both hit with water. "I don't think the rock moved very far," he sighed as he wiped water away from his face. "How do we work together to move this? Without having it backfire on us."

Raven covered her mouth with her hands as she watched the water shoot out and drench the two. She shook her head and looked over to Nazeem, "Do you think they'll get it right anytime soon?"
---
I'M WITH THE DUCK!!
#48 Posted: 06:28:21 18/10/2015 | Topic Creator
Walker pauses for a moment before responding, "Make friendship bracelets, talk it out, make some plans, strengths and weaknesses. What ever kids do these days." She states.

"Well... " Nazeem starts, pausing as if contemplating his answer, "It is a possibility."
---
#49 Posted: 06:35:37 18/10/2015
Derek frowned and twisted his shirt to wring out some of the water, he turned to Myra, "You can make water appear and I can modify it, how can we make that work together?" He continued to try and rid himself of the water as he thought it over.

Raven put her hands on her hips with a sigh, "It's looking like a very slight possibility," she replied, "I almost want to try and help them out."
---
I'M WITH THE DUCK!!
#50 Posted: 06:42:38 18/10/2015 | Topic Creator
With a look of contemplation Myra begins to speak. "Well, we're already soaked... so we've got nothing left to loose!" She says in a cheery tune despite being drenched. "I'll do the same ritual again. When the water starts coming through give it a boost. We should be able to move it with enough force."

"Indeed. If allowed to confer with her," Echos a voice from Nazeem's general direction. "I am certain that I could provide some insight that will allow Myra to succeed." He then turns to face Raven, crossing his arms. "Solving the conundrum on their own is a better experience, however."
---
Page 1 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me