darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > So I started playing this today...
Page 1 of 1
So I started playing this today...
LameLime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1200
#1 Posted: 00:21:40 08/06/2015 | Topic Creator
I got the starter pack yesterday and in the past got many trap master and trap packs. I was going to start the game once I have all trap masters and everything for 100%, but seeing the starter pack lying there, I thought "Well I got the game, why can't I play it now? What the heck".

So I started playing with 14 trap masters, at least one trap of all but one element, and half of the adventure packs. I have to say, it was incredible after not playing a new skylanders game for more than a year and a half. Many many things were different than the other games, like how they removed time goals, skylander quests, and accolades. I feel good without them. Although there isn't as many things to do than Swap Force, I still enjoy the simple features other than the story which you can do for 100%. All there is besides the story is the arena battles and Kaos mode, but I might have missed something since it's my first day playing.

The best thing I admire about the game is the trap feature. I find it very cute how I trap a villain and his voice plays on the portal as if he's real and inside the trap. It felt great. I also love how the villain talks at specific points on levels. It's like I have a talkative companion as I'm playing. I got all but one of the doom raiders. Sadly I didn't get Golden Queen because I don't have an earth trap. Wanted her.

For other most favourite things in the game, based on gameplay, I like to use Wallop, Krypt King, Chef Pepper Jack, and Wolfgang. Wolfgang is my most favourite villain I used because his theme is awesome and he is OP. I especially LOVE the boss battle with him. Actually in general, The Future of Skylands was my most favorite level.

I played through the entire game in one sitting, from start to finish. The final Kaos battle was the best one yet! The actions and hazards Kaos makes topped off with another amazing final boss theme was perfect. Toys for Bob final bosses are amazing compared to the Vicarious Visions' final boss in Swap Force. This is the greatest skylanders game yet, in my opinion. I would rate it 9 out of 10. I look forward to continue my trap master and trap collection and be able to 100% the game!
---
NOSTALGA-LANDERS COLLECTION (Spyro's Adventure)
30/32 Skylanders -- 4/4 Levels -- 8/9 Items (Includes VV)
Missing: smilie smilie + Ghost Swords
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:22:03 08/06/2015 by LameLime
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#2 Posted: 01:26:02 08/06/2015
My problem is they removed a feature (accolades/quests, etc) that some ignored, but others loved. Traps are great, but don't expect a lot of utility from them in SuperChargers.

IMO, the story was "too packed" with villain stuff, and they would've done better to have given us other features that we were accustomed to in order to extend playing time. The story itself is paced nicely however, and the levels are great. The Doom Challenge was nice, albeit repetitive after about 60 levels. Brock's multiple voice actors is a major bummer to me, and showed lack of polish.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:27:17 08/06/2015 by TakeYourLemons
Skylander3112 Gold Sparx Gems: 2115
#3 Posted: 04:05:11 08/06/2015
Nice, LameLime, keep up the good progress and I wished that you would enjoy SuperChargers too! smilie
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#4 Posted: 07:42:09 08/06/2015
I will start playing on the 28th . I have a handful of Minis and a Kaos Trap . FoodFight is mine and Snap Shot will be little brothers . If my trade goes sour I will have Trap Master Short Cut too.

I think trap buying and villain collecting makes a nice change instead of Cores or Trapsters although i do have a current wishlist .Nitro KK , Gusto and Barkley , 3 pack with Batspin , Fryno and Cobra Cadabra . Mirror of mystery . legendary Deja Vu. Guess i will add in traps too .

Little brother wants all the Dragons , Midnight Museam and Tuff luck .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5683
#5 Posted: 12:33:13 08/06/2015
Quote: LameLime
So I started playing with 14 trap masters, at least one trap of all but one element, and half of the adventure packs. I have to say, it was incredible after not playing a new skylanders game for more than a year and a half. Many many things were different than the other games, like how they removed time goals, skylander quests, and accolades. I feel good without them. Although there isn't as many things to do than Swap Force, I still enjoy the simple features other than the story which you can do for 100%. All there is besides the story is the arena battles and Kaos mode, but I might have missed something since it's my first day playing.

Don't get excited yet, there is a fourth star to be unlocked after beating the initial game. It includes completing all of the Villain Quests in the level, not switching to any new Skylanders or Villains (don't remove them from the portal and put them back on, that can count!) an also, completing them within a certain amount of time! It can be quite hard against Kaos, but if you have the Kaos Trap, then you should have no problem.
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me