darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > Beenox are making the Wii version. Oh Lord.
Page 1 of 1
Beenox are making the Wii version. Oh Lord. [CLOSED]
SirKev7 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1251
#1 Posted: 13:54:01 07/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Remember what happened the last time Beenox made the Wii version? A game breaking bug that took over a week to fix, horrendous sound quality and dreadful graphics. Toys For Bob proved that the Wii was capable of better with Trap Team. Polished game with only minor bugs, excellent sound quality and great looking graphics for the Wii. The fact that Beenox are making it is enough to make me not buy the Wii version at all whether its different to the others or not.
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#2 Posted: 14:05:03 07/06/2015
When will Activision learn that the Wii has become obsolete?
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#3 Posted: 14:27:59 07/06/2015
They are...?!

I'm so sorry... So, so sorry...
A moment of silence for the Wii-only owners...

The problem's not the Wii.
Beenox isn't mature enough to develop a game this big and meaty.
They already proved it with next gen versions of Trap Team.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#4 Posted: 15:05:53 07/06/2015
Quote: TheShadowDragon
When will Activision learn that the Wii has become obsolete?

I think the only way they'll figure that out is if absolutely no one buys the Wii version.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#5 Posted: 15:41:44 07/06/2015
The Wii version of SuperChargers isn't a port of the Next-Gen versions though.
skylandsfan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5316
#6 Posted: 17:18:23 07/06/2015
I only have the Wii... If beenox is making it I don't know if I want it anymore :/
---
My life will not be complete until I own Sun Dragon
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:18:45 07/06/2015 by skylandsfan
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#7 Posted: 17:37:20 07/06/2015
Quote: Drek95
They are...?!

I'm so sorry... So, so sorry...
A moment of silence for the Wii-only owners...

The problem's not the Wii.
Beenox isn't mature enough to develop a game this big and meaty.
They already proved it with next gen versions of Trap Team.

That and VV's game is way too sophisticated for a Wii. The way they're approaching development this time makes me think it won't be as bad, as it will be a "comparable experience" whatever the heck that means.
superhalite Blue Sparx Gems: 970
#8 Posted: 17:55:06 07/06/2015
Good thing I threw out my wii long ago...
---
We rely too much on technology yes that is true,but it's not going anywhere.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#9 Posted: 19:07:19 07/06/2015
I thought Beenox did fine on the next gen version. The XB1 version is fantastic and I haven't seen an abundance of bugs (at least no more than on other console versions). Yeah, they just did port work, but the bugs were exaggerated.

Now, I understand that the Wii version is a different story, because quite frankly it just isn't up to snuff for the franchise anymore. They also probably aren't willing to invest as much in that version anymore, as they clearly want people to move up to WiiU at least (noted by them giving that version away as a pack in for the Wii version).

If you have a Wii and get Super Chargers for it, laying all the blame on Beenox's feet isn't very fair. Yeah they had a few bugs in Swap Force Wii (some bad), but you are playing the game on a system that is WAY below the capabilities of every other platform. There is only so much that is reasonable to expect.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10026
#10 Posted: 19:14:05 07/06/2015
It's still head-to-head with the capabilities of the 3DS, though, and it's implied to be the same game as that this time. If it's in any way worse than that(which has some questionable choices but not many glithces), then it's still their fault for even less reason, because they did TT for that version already.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:14:22 07/06/2015 by Bifrost
FrozenLionheart Blue Sparx Gems: 779
#11 Posted: 19:16:39 07/06/2015
Quote: defpally
I thought Beenox did fine on the next gen version. The XB1 version is fantastic and I haven't seen an abundance of bugs (at least no more than on other console versions). Yeah, they just did port work, but the bugs were exaggerated.

Now, I understand that the Wii version is a different story, because quite frankly it just isn't up to snuff for the franchise anymore. They also probably aren't willing to invest as much in that version anymore, as they clearly want people to move up to WiiU at least (noted by them giving that version away as a pack in for the Wii version).

If you have a Wii and get Super Chargers for it, laying all the blame on Beenox's feet isn't very fair. Yeah they had a few bugs in Swap Force Wii (some bad), but you are playing the game on a system that is WAY below the capabilities of every other platform. There is only so much that is reasonable to expect.

The fact that toys for bob even made it on the wii was the problem, the bugs that exist when porting should only be geometry issues if the coding isn't changed much for the game, I also had no issues with the xbox one copy of trap team.
#12 Posted: 19:26:57 07/06/2015
TFB didn't do the port, Beenox did. They did the game for last gen... Though the DS page says they did Wii as well. Pretty sure someone said that Beenox did that last year. I know they did the bug testing for all versions,though.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:27:31 07/06/2015 by Bifrost
#13 Posted: 19:42:15 07/06/2015
I know TFB didnt port it, I said they made it on the wii (they made it on the wii specs, i know games are built on PC's smilie) which is why it was so bug filled, beenox did the port and obviously up-scaled the graphical capability which is why i found a few geometry issues, realistically the games base coding wouldn't be changed so the main batch of bugs are TFB's fault and not beenox. If they do this kind of thing again I will be giving up with their games and sticking with Vicarious visions because from what I've experienced with just 1 game with them at the helm was a better built game saw a few slight texture glitches on swap force on the xbox one, but it was a more balanced game .
wgeorge111 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3774
#14 Posted: 19:50:22 07/06/2015
Quote: Bifrost
It's still head-to-head with the capabilities of the 3DS, though, and it's implied to be the same game as that this time

So if the Wii is the same game as 3DS will the Wii have co-op play so kids can play with their parents?
#15 Posted: 19:50:37 07/06/2015
Any game has plenty of bugs, the problem is that if they're fixed or not. If Beenox or some Activision branch did that, then they're the ones at fault for 'then don't play with that skylander/ on that level','tough luck do it again' responses to them, which are to put it nicely stupid.

Quote: wgeorge111

So if the Wii is the same game as 3DS will the Wii have co-op play so kids can play with their parents?

They didn't explain. They just said the 3DS and Wii versions will be "a different experience".
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 19:54:21 07/06/2015 by Bifrost
#16 Posted: 19:58:23 07/06/2015
Aye the fact that they dont patch their games in general is stupid yet on consoles i think its now free to patch? I know that microsoft stopped charging for patches, I believe that sony and nintendo don't....its a shame how much of a sorry state they can leave their games in for those who are having serious problems...a shame activision are all about making money instead of supporting their products properly.
#17 Posted: 20:07:36 07/06/2015
Quote: defpally

Stop making sense. It's not allowed here.
#18 Posted: 23:38:02 07/06/2015
Quote: FrozenLionheart
Aye the fact that they dont patch their games in general is stupid yet on consoles i think its now free to patch? I know that microsoft stopped charging for patches, I believe that sony and nintendo don't....its a shame how much of a sorry state they can leave their games in for those who are having serious problems...a shame activision are all about making money instead of supporting their products properly.

Sony never charged for patches from what I remember and I think neither did Nintendo.

They should consider starting to patch Skylanders, however, now that we are at the fifth game.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#19 Posted: 01:34:52 08/06/2015
^ Or actually consider digital DLC to supplant all of this plastic stuff.
blackout3000 Blue Sparx Gems: 568
#20 Posted: 01:36:09 08/06/2015
Quote: superhalite
Good thing I threw out my wii long ago...

That my friend is the answer to your signature
---
wA HA HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
#21 Posted: 07:13:52 08/06/2015
Quote: TakeYourLemons
^ Or actually consider digital DLC to supplant all of this plastic stuff.

Yes, I wouldn't mind digital DLC levels (aka Adventure Packs) which may also be cheaper.

The important to me is the Skylanders toys.
If we want to see it in that way, SuperCharger actually removed "true" Gimmicklanders, since the SuperChargers are just a little bigger and cost a bit more than Cores and are only special inside the game.

Yes, they all have an engine on the base but they don't have any particular detail in common other than that.

I will happily accept another toy gimmick, next year, if it won't influence characters.
That way we would have only Cores once again. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Dark Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2623
#22 Posted: 07:16:58 08/06/2015
Well thank god I got a ps3 then ay
---
Psn-Zydren8cookie, FC 3024-5345-8692
Mesuxelf Ripto Gems: 3666
#23 Posted: 10:38:35 08/06/2015
This was my thought when I heard VV was making SC.

The last Wii game was made in October, and that was Trap Team. The Wii is dead; deal with it.
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#24 Posted: 11:43:14 08/06/2015
You realize that SuperChargers isn't even going to be the last Wii game, right?
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#25 Posted: 14:29:30 08/06/2015
Quote: Mesuxelf
This was my thought when I heard VV was making SC.

The last Wii game was made in October, and that was Trap Team. The Wii is dead; deal with it.

No thats not true. Trap Team was not the last Wii game. The Wii got some shovel games between September and Novemer 2014 like Violetta, Disney Planes , Just Dance 2015, Fifa 15, Pinguins of Madagascar.
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
Jeriba Yellow Sparx Gems: 1168
#26 Posted: 15:30:37 08/06/2015
Quote: UncleBob
You realize that SuperChargers isn't even going to be the last Wii game, right?

And then? Will Activision make it like CoD, add a third main developer and next years Skylanders game comes from Beenox?
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3988
#27 Posted: 20:02:41 08/06/2015
Cut them some slack... the only thing they had trouble with was the Wii version of Swap Force, and I'm sure they learned from it.
---
bye
#28 Posted: 21:52:12 08/06/2015
Quote: newkill
Cut them some slack... the only thing they had trouble with was the Wii version of Swap Force, and I'm sure they learned from it.

Mmmmh... Not completely sure.

The PS4/XBOX ONE versions of Trap Team are by far the ones with the highest number of bugs, glitches and various other technical problems.
Just look at the "Bug and Glitches" thread for it.

I only got one gamebreaking bug which completely deleted my save but luckily I also had backup files.
But it's still unacceptable.

They created an awesome looking game but need more experience to also make it solid.
Nothing against them, really, but they should take care of something smaller before dealing with games this big.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Angry Rage Quit Yellow Sparx Gems: 1488
#29 Posted: 07:07:43 09/06/2015
Didn't the Wii version of TT come with a free copy of the game for Wii U? Perhaps the same will happen this time.
---
Whip up a storm!
TTD Hunter Gems: 6229
#30 Posted: 08:04:41 09/06/2015
Quote: newkill

Agreed, last time it was a port of the other consoles. However, this time it is being built from ground up, tailored to the Wii's hardware.
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#31 Posted: 08:19:06 09/06/2015
TFB stuffed up telescope tower in the wii so I guess VV win this battle.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
niemczewski Green Sparx Gems: 311
#32 Posted: 13:32:48 09/06/2015
Guys what is your problem with the Wii version of skylanders you guys are just posting bad comments about the Wii version and I am sick of it!!!
niemczewski Green Sparx Gems: 311
#33 Posted: 13:34:24 09/06/2015
Now I have the Xbox one which is a good thing but don't make fun of the Wii version OK!
dinodig1767 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1245
#34 Posted: 13:57:52 09/06/2015
It has been proven that the wii versions of the skylanders games, past giants, suffer from unintelligent design and many other factors that have been explained in full detail previously.
---
Check my website out! http://skylandersinventoryadventure.weebly.com
It's about skylanders(PM me if interested in the custom section)
Updated 8/24/14
#35 Posted: 10:53:19 10/06/2015
Quote: niemczewski
Guys what is your problem with the Wii version of skylanders you guys are just posting bad comments about the Wii version and I am sick of it!!!

Be sick of it all you like, I saw some people have REALLY bad experiences with glitches on those versions. It's not their fault if save corruption can happen there in both SF and TT.
---
boomerfan Yellow Sparx Gems: 1602
#36 Posted: 18:11:48 12/06/2015
im SO glad i have a wii u now, but i think i shall buy the wii starter pack if they have the download code again otherwise i shall get the wii u version instead.
---
smilieBRING THE BOOM!smilie
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#37 Posted: 18:24:22 12/06/2015
Quote: boomerfan
im SO glad i have a wii u now, but i think i shall buy the wii starter pack if they have the download code again otherwise i shall get the wii u version instead.

Congrats on the new WiiU, I hope you picked up Splatoon at the same time. That game is awesome, the kids in the neighborhood are all into that like they used to be for Skylanders. They compare their levels and their favorite weapons/power-ups. The Amiibos also add some great extra objectives to single player as well.
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#38 Posted: 18:46:44 12/06/2015
I think the main problem with the Wii version of Trap Team is that Toys for Bob had too many enemies and objects loading in the levels.

When entering the Skylander Academy, the game lags a little when doors open. And the Telescope Towers freezing happens because way too many enemies might pop up on screen if your fighting an eye-scream.
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#39 Posted: 20:46:36 12/06/2015
Quote: spyrocrash
I think the main problem with the Wii version of Trap Team is that Toys for Bob had too many enemies and objects loading in the levels.

When entering the Skylander Academy, the game lags a little when doors open. And the Telescope Towers freezing happens because way too many enemies might pop up on screen if your fighting an eye-scream.

Which is tantamount to what every anti-Wii person has been saying for months (years?)--the Wii cannot keep up with the newer games. Wii users want the same (or at least comparable) gameplay as players on other systems. However, the Wii, which basically has a Game Cube under the hood, simply can't keep up.

Apparently the powers that be at Activision/Toys for Bob/Whoever made the call not to pull the plug on the system just yet. With the specific note in the preorders about the Wii and 3DS versions featuring varying gameplay, I'm hoping that this means that the Wii has finally gotten nerfed to play the separate, scaled down version of Skylanders that (so far) always comes out on the 3DS. If not? Wii players are going to pick up their torches again because they're either going to get incomplete gameplay/content (missing cutscenes, levels, etc.) or it's going to be another glitchfest. Honestly, I have a feeling that the torches will come out if the Wii version gets downgraded to match the portable version, but at least that would be something the system should still be able to handle without issue.

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
#40 Posted: 21:15:22 12/06/2015
I shouldn't be amazed that Activision decided on making a buck at the expense of alienating their customers instead of doing the right thing and killing the platform.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me