Page 1 of 1
Vehicle elemental gates?
Chef peeper Green Sparx Gems: 407
#1 Posted: 03:54:03 07/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Question, has it been said if we will need to get a vehicle of each element to get 100% or can we get just three and say we're done?
Titancrasher01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4325
#2 Posted: 03:59:33 07/06/2015
I'd assume that you probably need a supercharger for each element, the gates will probably have like an engine theme similar to how trap team had a crystal theme. I'd also buy at least one sky and sea if your going for the 100% run as well.
---
PANCAKES!
GinjaNinja Gold Sparx Gems: 2604
#3 Posted: 04:42:40 07/06/2015
Well to explore everything you'll need a land, sea, and sky vehicle. But I'm under the belief that you will need a vehicle for every element, I've seen interviews where they say there are vehicle elemental gates. So it's sort of the same as Trap Team, with a new form of elemental gates tied to the gimmick.
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#4 Posted: 05:17:23 07/06/2015
I think there has to be some catch, they won't let you get away with only buying two extra vehicles.
---
#all Spyros are valid
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#5 Posted: 08:50:37 07/06/2015
Quote: GinjaNinja
Well to explore everything you'll need a land, sea, and sky vehicle. But I'm under the belief that you will need a vehicle for every element, I've seen interviews where they say there are vehicle elemental gates. So it's sort of the same as Trap Team, with a new form of elemental gates tied to the gimmick.

Correct, Vehicle Elemental Gates confirmed in this video:

SuperCharger are truly considered to be slightly stronger Cores, isn't it?
Vehicles are their BIG NEWS! smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5023
#6 Posted: 09:25:15 07/06/2015
Quote: Okaps
I think there has to be some catch, they won't let you get away with only buying two extra vehicles.

sherlocks is on to something here... the thing is they have been saying for years now you dont need to buy everything. i say this is a half truth, to experience everything you actually have to buy everything that is new. if they have really meant that you dont need to buy everything. then it should never appear in the game before you put that skylander,adventure pack,toy car etc on the portal. of course you can ignore some parts of the game and think it dont exist. but your constant reminded of what you miss in the game. so what happen is that people get psychological addicted, and this is what they hope for.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#7 Posted: 09:51:32 07/06/2015
Quote: CountMoneyBone

sherlocks is on to something here... the thing is they have been saying for years now you dont need to buy everything. i say this is a half truth, to experience everything you actually have to buy everything that is new. if they have really meant that you dont need to buy everything. then it should never appear in the game before you put that skylander,adventure pack,toy car etc on the portal. of course you can ignore some parts of the game and think it dont exist. but your constant reminded of what you miss in the game. so what happen is that people get psychological addicted, and this is what they hope for.

Agreed the soul gems are so guilty for it . But quite frankly I don't mind buying 10 vehicles.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#8 Posted: 10:01:45 07/06/2015
Quote: Snap Shot
Quote: CountMoneyBone

Agreed the soul gems are so guilty for it . But quite frankly I don't mind buying 10 vehicles.

specially in trap team it was a very bad decision to put a soul gem in the adventure packs. then starting to sell the figurines without the adventure that needed that souls gem. today these adventure packs are very hard to find, so there is people buying the game and the figurine. now they will never be able to upgrade 100%.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#9 Posted: 10:16:24 07/06/2015

okay... after looking around and watching yt videos of sc, i think i maybe have found the catch. in the skylanderboy and girl yt video the vehicles only get supercharged to certain characters, so if you plan on investing in a character, expect to buy their vehicle to fully upgrade. so that pretty much means you can go around and cherry pick whatever you figurine and car you want.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
LordElohim Yellow Sparx Gems: 1811
#10 Posted: 11:18:03 07/06/2015
I don't think supercharging has anything to do with upgrading. Each of the 20 Superchargers has their own specific vehicle, hence the 20/20 number. Using a Supercharger in their personal vehicle gives them a damage boost, as well as the "perfect" version of that vehicle, it becomes supercharged. Only Superchargers can swap vehicle parts while driving, normal Skylanders can't, but there is no evidence that upgrading vehicles has anything to do with the Superchargers, vehicle upgrade parts are purchasable.
---
Hail Sithis
Chef peeper Green Sparx Gems: 407
#11 Posted: 12:20:19 07/06/2015 | Topic Creator
So were probably only going to need to buy one vehicle of each element. Sense they said all older skylanders can drive. Shoot I was thinking I could save my wallet this year and just get two extra vehicles and only the skylanders I liked.
LordElohim Yellow Sparx Gems: 1811
#12 Posted: 13:15:53 07/06/2015
I don't think vehicles are elemental, I think only the drivers are. For there to be one vehicle type of each element, there would need to be 30 vehicles, minimum, and there aren't. There can't be a land, sea, and air vehicle of each of the ten elements if there are not 30 vehicles, nor could there be a land, sea, and air vehicle of each element if we still had only the base elements, because that would still be 24. I think the idea here is that you will need at least one Supercharger of each element, if elemental gates are Supercharger only, and then you can just buy whichever vehicles you like if you aren't buying them all.
---
Hail Sithis
ladala Yellow Sparx Gems: 1935
#13 Posted: 14:06:07 07/06/2015
What I get from that interview is that the different vehicle elements are different types of vehicles.

Like, look at the water-traversing vehicles we've seen. There's a magic one that's a Speedboat on the logo, but the gameplay we've seen uses the fact that the submarines can go underwater. Both Water-element vehicles we've seen are submarines (Dive Clops' Dive Bomber, and the potential Gill Grunt's whatever it's called). I'm assuming now the areas we've seen gameplay for are Water vehicle zones.

This makes me think that, although we're getting two vehicles per element, the two for each element are the same type of vehicle. Two tanks. Two helicopters. Two monster trucks. Two speedboats.

Given ten elements, one vehicle type will have more vehicles than the other two. I predict land-based will have the most, given how often they're used.
---
Thank you for releasing me!
FrozenLionheart Blue Sparx Gems: 779
#14 Posted: 14:12:37 07/06/2015
Quote: LordElohim
I don't think vehicles are elemental, I think only the drivers are. For there to be one vehicle type of each element, there would need to be 30 vehicles, minimum, and there aren't. There can't be a land, sea, and air vehicle of each of the ten elements if there are not 30 vehicles, nor could there be a land, sea, and air vehicle of each element if we still had only the base elements, because that would still be 24. I think the idea here is that you will need at least one Supercharger of each element, if elemental gates are Supercharger only, and then you can just buy whichever vehicles you like if you aren't buying them all.

If you look at the packaging for the game it shows that hot streak is a fire element vehicle, each vehicle is elementally aligned to match their supercharger, its a shame they've done it this way but all about making profit
#15 Posted: 14:26:01 07/06/2015
We will probably get 2 vehicles per Element but not an even number of vehicles for all the terrains.

I guess they will focus more on land based vehicles and the rest will be sea and sky.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
GinjaNinja Gold Sparx Gems: 2604
#16 Posted: 14:36:40 07/06/2015
Quote: Drek95
We will probably get 2 vehicles per Element but not an even number of vehicles for all the terrains.

I guess they will focus more on land based vehicles and the rest will be sea and sky.

My theory is that every element of vehicle is the same terrain. Both air are sky and both water are sea. So I'm under the impression that the other fire will be land, the other life will be sky, other magic be sea, etc. We know they don't mind there being uneven numbers thanks to trap team. So I think it should be done with 4 elements of land vehicles (8 total) and 3 elements for both sea and sky (6 total each). My reason for land getting the extra element is because it is the one that is necessary to advance the story, so it seems logical to assume there would be more land vehicles than anything else.
#17 Posted: 18:36:52 07/06/2015
Yes, it makes sense to me.

However, Trap Team did have a balanced number of brand new Skylanders for the 8 original Elements, and so will SuperChargers.

Reposes, revamped and Minis don't count.
They can do what they want with them.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me