darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > original version of re-imagined characters
Page 1 of 1
original version of re-imagined characters
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#1 Posted: 11:58:02 06/06/2015 | Topic Creator
So has anyone asked questions about the original versions of re-imagined characters? What will happen if I put the original version of stealth elf on the portal for SC? Will she play as the sureshot stealth elf, with the new skill tree? (I seriously doubt this, lots of problems here) Will she play as the original stealth elf? (This seems likely, but it does seem odd). Perhaps she won't work at all? (This seems possible)

That last option concerns me. If they want to try and remove old 'characters' from the development, then this seems like a smart way to go from their point of view. They want to build the franchise and keep around familiar faces and names, and yet still sell new toys. They do want to give the impression that your investment in a toy is forward compatible, but they have hinted for awhile that they can't keep doing that. This way, your stealth, spyro, etc never die out, they just get re-imagined. Fans would still be upset with this, but not as many as if they dropped them altogether. Even if 2 versions of stealth elf live in SC, for S6, they could easily drop one of the versions.

In some ways, I'm ok with this. There are too many skylanders out there right now. I would rather them focus on a smaller set, than give too little attention to a large group. It does kind of stink that you can get attached to a relative obscure figure, like dino rang or something, and yet he basically has no real role in the game.
The Bone Chompy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1201
#2 Posted: 12:14:08 06/06/2015
Nope to your first paragraph. She will work, she will not be a SuperCharger and not Sure Shot. They have not removed any Skylanders comparability yet.
---
^This might be sarcasm.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#3 Posted: 15:17:56 06/06/2015
All the previous characters will work in SuperChargers.

That means S1 Stealth Elf will too but won't obviously be a SuperCharger herself.

If they start taking out compatibility from older toys only to sell reposes 3.0 and call them "new but familiar" then I will seriously consider to leave the series.
Not only would that be an insult to the consumers but would also mean they are probably starting to run out of ideas.

However I'm confident this won't happen.
They will probably have to start dropping compatibility for the oldest toys eventually but I'm sure they'll also come up with something to make that loss more acceptable.
Or maybe they will stop before this happens.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#4 Posted: 16:11:46 06/06/2015
I really hope a few quadrupedal Skylanders will be recreated as SuperChargers, including Spyro and Cynder. The SuperChargers can't all be bipedal.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me