First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Only 40 figures?
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#51 Posted: 18:08:53 06/06/2015
Quote: Bifrost
It's a really tiny picture, but from it you can make out a row of Light and Dark and about three skylanders on the other ones. Though they can also be vehicles,only 10 are separated from the rows.

Two rows on either side are characters and the center two are vehicles. I can easily make those out if that helps. From the looks of it there's only 10 vehicles shown?
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#52 Posted: 22:18:36 06/06/2015
Spotlight and Blackout are probably certain to come back as 10 figures are reposes/orginal characters hence that equates to one per Element.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
ultyzaus Yellow Sparx Gems: 1700
#53 Posted: 23:07:40 06/06/2015
Quote: Snap Shot
Spotlight and Blackout are probably certain to come back as 10 figures are reposes/orginal characters hence that equates to one per Element.

Some have heard that it's actually 8 reposes and 12 brand new characters. I do think that it is more likely as having reposes of Blackout and spotlight would leave the number of different characters to 3 per element. Actually I'm pretty certain that the 2 light and 2 dark will be brand new.
---
http://ultyzarus.deviantart.com/
223/254, 17 superchargers, 14 vehicles
Characters missing: Rocky Roll, Splat, Nightfall, Thrillipede
Ryanator20x6 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1848
#54 Posted: 00:30:46 07/06/2015
I like the new direction they're going in with SuperChargers. I feel like everything since Giants had way too many figures.
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:20:47 07/06/2015 by Ryanator20x6
griswoldthunder Gold Sparx Gems: 2953
#55 Posted: 02:25:17 07/06/2015
The poster seems to only show 18 Superchargers and 18 vehicles. Maybe it is a case of the right hand not telling the left hand what it is doing. There might only be 8 reimagined Superchargers (from the original 8 elements) and 10 Brand New Superchargers (one from each element).
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#56 Posted: 02:28:34 07/06/2015
The reason they're keeping it low is because they probably don't want to see what's happening now.
Certain major retailers have way too many figures from the previous three games (TRU is a major example) or pretty much given up on the franchise (WalMart).
Not to mention resellers, counterfeits, etc.
When I preordered Superchargers at TRU, they still had some SSA, lots of SG and SSF on the racks, but very little STT.
I think they want to reduce the overstock of characters.
If any of you have noticed which TT Trap Masters are hard to find and which ones just sit there. Majority are Head Rush and Lob Star on the racks.
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#57 Posted: 02:31:19 07/06/2015
More question marks maybe? smilie
Titancrasher01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4325
#58 Posted: 03:55:48 07/06/2015
I'm personally extremely happy that their are only 20 new playable skylanders to collect, I was going to stop skylanders altogether if they came out with over 40 new skylanders toys... too much money and space on my bookcase smilie at least with the vehicles I'll just buy a sky and sea vehicle and then just wait several months and then buy the rest of the vehicles when prices drop.
---
PANCAKES!
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#59 Posted: 08:47:01 07/06/2015
Quote: Titancrasher01
I'm personally extremely happy that their are only 20 new playable skylanders to collect, I was going to stop skylanders altogether if they came out with over 40 new skylanders toys... too much money and space on my bookcase smilie at least with the vehicles I'll just buy a sky and sea vehicle and then just wait several months and then buy the rest of the vehicles when prices drop.

Well... You know, you could have done the same if there would have been characters instead of vehicles (not both, definitely)... But I'm no one to judge how someone wants to collect Skylanders... smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#60 Posted: 17:37:55 08/06/2015
That, and resellers on EBay and Amazon. I bet they don't want to have Amiibo syndrome with Superchargers.
Majority of the new Amiibos that come in are sold out in nothing flat, then you'll never see them again unless you go on EBay or Amazon thus paying way too much.
Prime example with last year's TT....the Kaos trap. Look how hard it was at the beginning to find it. Now it's not as difficult and those who bought tons of them to sell online are kicking themselves in the butt.
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
Swap Force Fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 4095
#61 Posted: 17:54:42 08/06/2015
Eh, next game I'm just getting the starter pack and characters I don't have yet from Trap Team.
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#62 Posted: 18:18:44 08/06/2015
Quote: Insane01
The reason they're keeping it low is because they probably don't want to see what's happening now.
Certain major retailers have way too many figures from the previous three games (TRU is a major example)

Honestly, I think that TRU has kept pulling in additional stock for the previous games moreso than they've been stuck with it. You've got to realize that with each new game, there are new players (of all ages) attracted to the franchise who want to go out and pick up the old games, characters, etc. TRU is probably the best facilitator of this of any of the major retail chains. While not every bygone character is available, you're still able to pick up a decent amount of characters, and generally good ones, at that.

Quote:
or pretty much given up on the franchise (WalMart).

I think WalMart backed themselves into that corner. They were supposed to have originally been receiving as much stock as any other retailer, but it seems like as time went on (even during the mid- to late- SSA days) they weren't good at making sure that their shelves were stocked and that the stock was rotated (ie: keeping a variety of characters on the shelves versus the 87 Boomers and 15 Darklight Crypts collecting dust). As they failed to put our the newest stock when launch day hit, people stopped picking them as a retailer of choice, leading WalMart to become even worse than they already were at keeping their shelves stocked.

Quote:
Not to mention resellers, counterfeits, etc.

I'm very familiar with the issue of scalpers (resellers), but what is this I keep hearing about counterfeits? Are people finally starting to make actual, working counterfeit Skylanders, or are you talking about the fakes from China that surfaced a few years back that look like they'd been painted by an infant and then smashed with a hammer? lol

Quote:
When I preordered Superchargers at TRU, they still had some SSA, lots of SG and SSF on the racks, but very little STT.
I think they want to reduce the overstock of characters.

I'm sticking with my above theory, as they put stock of the older games on sale a few weeks back, but it was only for select characters and packs. If they'd put it all on deep discount, I'd concur that they want to be rid of it, but only discounting a handful of each line says to me that they're moreso wanting to clear out a few characters/packs that they've got too many of but keep examples of each product line in stores.

Quote:
If any of you have noticed which TT Trap Masters are hard to find and which ones just sit there. Majority are Head Rush and Lob Star on the racks.

In my area I see Head Rush pretty regularly (although not in huge numbers and in about equal numbers of regular and Nitro at local Targets) but most of the others only every once in a while. At this point, I see pretty much everyone from wave 1 forward every 2-3 weeks or so (even if it's only 1-2 at a time) except Krypt King, Wallop & Gearshift.

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
DaMadNes Blue Sparx Gems: 944
#63 Posted: 18:58:58 08/06/2015
I would venture to GUESS that Trap Masters vastly outsold all the core and minis, because only Trap Masters REALLY added value to Trap Team gameplay. I think Activision saw this in the sales and that is why they decided (A) less characters (smilie all characters in this iteration are gimmick characters. It makes sense, because people like me who did not buy reposes before may feel compelled to do so now. Its not series 4 stealth elf, its Supercharger Stealth Elf, who actually IS different, and IS relevant in this title. I think its a smart move and hope to see it repeated in future titles.
#64 Posted: 21:45:24 08/06/2015
I don't know if SuperChargers can be defined as true gimmick characters, honestly.

They look more like "revamped Cores" to me.
Nothing special figure-wise (except for the engine, the different base and a slightly bigger size) but somehow unique in the game.

They might be going in the right direction with this idea.

Vehicles are the true gimmick; SuperChargers complete them.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#65 Posted: 19:15:25 09/06/2015
Quote: Drek95
I don't know if SuperChargers can be defined as true gimmick characters, honestly.

Nothing special figure-wise (except for the engine, the different base and a slightly bigger size) but somehow unique in the game.

You could almost view the SCs and vehicles as two halves of a swapper.

I like the idea. In my mind SCs are gimmick landers, although, I wish they would get back to gimmicks that would translate to new titles. Giants stay big, swappers stay swappale. Trap Masters will just be big corlanders or giant wanna be's. I think SC will lose gimmick power in Sky 6 as well.
#66 Posted: 22:54:58 09/06/2015
Quote: DaMadNes
Quote: Drek95

You could almost view the SCs and vehicles as two halves of a swapper.

I like the idea. In my mind SCs are gimmick landers, although, I wish they would get back to gimmicks that would translate to new titles. Giants stay big, swappers stay swappale. Trap Masters will just be big corlanders or giant wanna be's. I think SC will lose gimmick power in Sky 6 as well.

I still think Trap Masters will have something special in this game.
Don't know what but... I'm optimist.

I get what you are saying about SuperChargers and vehicles acting kinda like the halves of a Swapper but that's exactly why I think they are not true Gimmicklanders.

As you said Giants are big, tough and strong and Swappers can obviously swap.
Trap Masters were unique on their own too since they dealt way more damages to trappable villains; they didn't need to be used along with traps to be special.

SuperChargers are normal "Cores" until you put the right character inside the right vehicle.
Unless they are still hiding special features exclusive to them they are just special Cores to me not full fledged Gimmicklanders.

They could become special as characters in the sixth game, however, simply by making them supercharge and reach level 21 when combined with their own vehicle.
You probably won't be able to fully use vehicles in Skylanders 6 but they wouldn't be useless, this way. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#67 Posted: 02:09:54 10/06/2015
I could see some traptanium hanging around ... not expecting much.
#68 Posted: 07:22:29 10/06/2015
Quote: TakeYourLemons
I could see some traptanium hanging around ... not expecting much.

Could be.

Or maybe they could give them a damage boost when fighting Mini-Bosses and Bosses.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#69 Posted: 16:20:48 10/06/2015
IMO - They really couldn't figure out how to make trap masters special or necessary. I think that's why they were the only skylanders that could open elemental gates and why they had a damage boost. If you couldn't figure out how to make the gimmick landers really unique and integral to their titular game, I'm not expecting much for 5 or 6. I think that Superchargers will be easier to incorporate going forward. I view their vehicle zones not like the swap gates, but more like the movement power gates in SF. So the way you need a ladder skylander or a teleport skylander to do the mini game, you will need a sky supercharger or sea supercharger to do certain mini games in the future. I think I would be happy with that.
Vertalus Blue Sparx Gems: 547
#70 Posted: 23:54:21 12/06/2015
It stinks for Life, Tech, ground and water since there's only going to be two Skylanders and they are having ones who already have reposes in other games. Too bad they can't do ones who didn't even get a series # at all. Yes I do like fan favorites, but let's give some love to other Skylanders too.
Here would be my list.
Life:instead of yet another Stealth elf have a High Five
Water: drop Gil Grunt in favour of Zap
Fire: have Sunburn who hasn't had any love since Spyro's adventure
Air: though I do like Jet-Vac I'd love to see another Scratch
Tech: no Trigger Happy and yes to Chopper
Death:either Ghost Roaster or Funny Bone.
Magic:is a hard one since I am a Spyro fan not to want another one, but I'll go with Wrecking ball
Earth: Terrafin replaced with Dino-rang another overlooked Skylander
---
Favorite type Skylander: Feline and Dragon. Still need: Echo, Rocky Roll, the ever elusive dark element trap,and more
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#71 Posted: 05:04:26 13/06/2015
40 things BEFORE variants etc is prob more like it. TRU will prob have some legendary vehicle for example. I am fine with the lower amount thou smilie. I do wonder if stores having the past 4 games worth of figures still could be a reason, gives them a year to sell off older stock. One of my TRU is almost finally out of SSA stuff and giants seem to be mainly the giants themselves and lightcore hex.
#72 Posted: 14:54:26 13/06/2015
Given the thinned ranks, I'm really considering not getting any variants this time, unless the paths to the characters are SO AWESOME that it makes sense.
Hawksey128 Blue Sparx Gems: 994
#73 Posted: 05:23:19 14/06/2015
'Only'
Who would say that lol. That's a good thing.
---
I'm going to tell you right now.
BUY smilie
EHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEH THIS IS A POINTLESS EDITION TO A SIGNATURE I DUNNO
#74 Posted: 23:13:37 14/06/2015
Quote: Hawksey128
'Only'
Who would say that lol. That's a good thing.

It would be if they were all actual brand new characters and if other kind of figures didn't took the place of potential original Skylanders.

As it is... It's truly "only".
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5023
#75 Posted: 17:42:47 16/06/2015
only 40 figurines is a bust now after the amiibo/skylanders combo that im sure of.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
preciousawaken Yellow Sparx Gems: 1774
#76 Posted: 17:48:08 16/06/2015
Quote: CountMoneyBone
only 40 figurines is a bust now after the amiibo/skylanders combo that im sure of.

I am not too sure. I think we lost an extra light and dark character to replace Bowser and DK. So it is 2 of the regular elements, 1 of light and dark, and Bowser and DK. If this is true....not cool...it will replace a light and dark.
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#77 Posted: 17:52:22 16/06/2015
Still betting on more amiibo characters.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me