Page 1 of 1
My thoughts on Superchargers.
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#1 Posted: 17:30:51 03/06/2015 | Topic Creator
I'm all for new styles of play, but if don't know how to feel about this one. Now that's not to say I'm going to say I'm not supporting this game like others here, only to the. Buy the game like those saying they won't, will, but so much seems to be missing.

In these level demos, I'm not seeing elemental gates, which gave me the sense my Skylanders were bought for a reason. Now I keep feeling like all of my figures are nothing more than to race and go through short hack and slash segments.

I want to collect treasure chests, story scrolls, legendary treasure, and find secret areas, but I see more racing in each level, which isn't sitting well with me.

I just hope I'm wrong, and we will see elemental gates, the usual collectibles, and adventure packs.

With this being VV and them having made the best Skylander game in the past, I'm hoping they kept things like bonus maps and time attack and score challenges.

I don't want this to simply be, short walk, vehicle, short walk, vehicle, short walk, vehicle, boss, rinse repeat for a number of levels, done.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#2 Posted: 17:39:03 03/06/2015
Elemental Gates are really an uncertainty,but Lou confirmed chests,story scrolls etc in most articles.However,he also said that Land vehicles are required to finish the story mode.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:39:22 03/06/2015 by Bifrost
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#3 Posted: 17:44:42 03/06/2015
Quote: GameMaster78

I don't want this to simply be, short walk, vehicle, short walk, vehicle, short walk, vehicle, boss, rinse repeat for a number of levels, done.

Call me pessimist but I think that's exactly what we are gonna get.

I also agree with everything else you said, except for Elemental Gates but it's entirely subjective.
I buy Skylanders because I like them and they appeal to my tastes not because they can unlock/do special things.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Bewaretheswarm Green Sparx Gems: 293
#4 Posted: 17:55:07 03/06/2015
These gameplay demos are still in development and have been prepared strategically
#5 Posted: 17:59:38 03/06/2015
Quote: Bewaretheswarm
These gameplay demos are still in development and have been prepared strategically

Yeah,the teleporter sticks are definately a dev copy thing. They make no sound and fade in and out - both TFB and VV like to make those things as flashy and noisy as possible,this is for a seamless transition to record gameplay.
---
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#6 Posted: 19:33:19 03/06/2015
what i have seen of the trailer and other videos give me more than enough indication that this will not be a skylander game i want... with little focus on old school "brawler-platformer" what i loved about skylanders, this is the end of the road for me... i think vv have gone to far with this one. all i can hope for is that the next game will be a more traditional skylander game. if not i am done completely with skylanders.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#7 Posted: 19:33:57 03/06/2015
Quote: GameMaster78
I'm all for new styles of play, but if don't know how to feel about this one. Now that's not to say I'm going to say I'm not supporting this game like others here, only to the. Buy the game like those saying they won't, will, but so much seems to be missing.

In these level demos, I'm not seeing elemental gates, which gave me the sense my Skylanders were bought for a reason. Now I keep feeling like all of my figures are nothing more than to race and go through short hack and slash segments.

I want to collect treasure chests, story scrolls, legendary treasure, and find secret areas, but I see more racing in each level, which isn't sitting well with me.

I just hope I'm wrong, and we will see elemental gates, the usual collectibles, and adventure packs.

With this being VV and them having made the best Skylander game in the past, I'm hoping they kept things like bonus maps and time attack and score challenges.

Feel you man, I have the same thinkngs. My hope though is that the trailers were heavily focused on vehicles to show the new gimmick but that the classic gameplay will somehow, at least partly, remain.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#8 Posted: 19:35:52 03/06/2015
Quote: CountMoneyBone
what i have seen of the trailer and other videos give me more than enough indication that this will not be a skylander game i want... with little focus on old school "brawler-platformer" what i loved about skylanders, this is the end of the road for me... i think vv have gone to far with this one. all i can hope for is that the next game will be a more traditional skylander game. if not i am done completely with skylanders.

Okay, bye!
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
Txholdem1224 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1793
#9 Posted: 19:47:55 03/06/2015
If only it were that simple.
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#10 Posted: 20:13:08 03/06/2015

Hmmm not sure why the sour grapes. We will still get the core game play without the vehicles. The only "required" vehicle modes for progression are the land vehicles and one's in the box. I'm personally thinking it's going to be like beefier Swap Zones with potential boss fights and such. This is V.V. after all and they always impress with level design. I'd at least give the starter a go before you decide. If I had to quantify my guess on vehicular goodness time, I'd say like 30%ish.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:28:50 03/06/2015 by Tigorus
#11 Posted: 20:22:45 03/06/2015

I'm quite dissapointed as well. I think they went a bit too far with the vehicles thing, up to the point that it has eaten a relevant share of what we had come to love: the skylanders and their unique skills. Let's wait and see if any other youtubers can really confirm the 50/50 share. Fortunately the past says that the gimmick does not last longer than a game...
---
#12 Posted: 20:32:14 03/06/2015
Quote: Tigorus

Hmmm not sure why the sour grapes. We will still get the core game play without the vehicles. The only "required" vehicle modes for progression are the land vehicles and one's in the box. I'm personally thinking it's going to be like beefier Swap Zones with potential boss fights and such. This is V.V. after all and they always impress with level design. I'd at least give the starter a go before you decide. If I had to quantify my guess on vehicular goodness time, I'd say like 30%ish.

That would be perfect in my opinion but the devs confirmed platforming and vehicles will actually share a 50% of the entire game.
Well... I hope it's big.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
TOlofter Yellow Sparx Gems: 1021
#13 Posted: 20:39:47 03/06/2015
Whats bothering me too is there are characters I really kinda like, such as Storm Blade...but I wont be able to play as them because this is just not Skylanders to me and figures are not backwards compatible. This whole "vehicle" idea, Lego is doing far better. These seem like one and done characters more than full fledged Skylanders. I'll wait to see the full lineup of characters. If the next game is back to being more traditional, I'll have to backtrack on some characters. Though I guess I can still buy some for collecting and just not play as them for hopefully only a year...

From everything presented so far, I do not see how I can support this game. Trap Team was for me, the absolute best Skylanders EVER! Followed by Giants, Spyro and lastly Trap Team.

At this point I will be surprised if sales are good. This was a very....VERY poor time for them to be changing things so drastically and at this point, I will be shocked if they do not feel the burn when this hits in September and the majority are buying Lego Dimensions and still lining up out the door for Amiibo. Plus of course there is still Disney Infinity holding their own. They have now jumped the shark with this one. And everyone is in a freaking racing outfit. Clearly the story does not connect to the previous game at all it appears.

They should have just made a great fun & traditional Skylanders story game PLUS added an alternate mode that you could do cart racing as well as the traditional challenge maps, etc. Similar to how Infinity is adding the racing element to it. Then I would have for sure been all over it as I love kart racing games too. Unless they reveal something big to pull me back in, I'll be done with Skylanders until hopefully Game 6.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:45:11 03/06/2015 by TOlofter
#14 Posted: 20:43:32 03/06/2015
LEGO Dimensions isn't even out yet, how in the world is it doing any better. Hype does not equal sales.

The grapes aren't just sour, they're expensive and they just aren't the same as they used to be.
---
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#15 Posted: 20:44:34 03/06/2015
Quote: Bionichute

Okay, bye!

lol, you beat me to it. I read CountMoneyBone's post and was remembering how he refused to spend money to buy Trap Team, supposedly got it and all the characters for free, complained about all the glitches (which I personally never encountered)...then about squirted Mountain Dew out my nose laughing when I read your comment. Bravo! smilie

Quote: Bifrost
LEGO Dimensions isn't even out yet, how in the world is it doing any better. Hype does not equal sales.

The grapes aren't just sour, they're expensive and they just aren't the same as they used to be.

And bravo to you as well, Bifrost! lol! I'm glad that wit is helping win out somewhat against the horde of belly achers and bemoaners that have surfaced today (90%+ of which will probably be lining up to buy the game this fall like the rest of us).

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:59:32 03/06/2015 by darkchylde28
#16 Posted: 20:58:14 03/06/2015

I guarantee you sales for Dimensions will be through the roof. I'll be shocked if it isn't. Lego as it is already sells like crazy. The Lego games too. Adult, kids....everyone is already talking about it and how you can literally combine every world. I mean you can have Batman, Peter Venkman, Homer & Doc Brown travel to Oz. The end!

But that's beside the point. Whether sales are good or bad, Lego is doing the vehicle aspects of the game far better. Hell, so is Disney. They added a separate full fledged kart racing mode which is basically a separate game in itself. What VV appears to have done is turn Skylanders inside out by having them come to earth to do an infomercial with some biker guy and forcing this new feature down our throats by changing EVERYTHING.

For those of you who are excited about this, that's great. Hope you have a blast with this game. But at this point I do not see this game joining alongside my Skylanders.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:59:31 03/06/2015 by TOlofter
#17 Posted: 21:03:44 03/06/2015
Your word doesn't guarantee anything though. One person kinda doesn't decide if a game will be sucessful or not after it's out. So many said last year and are saying it now that they JUST KNOW that Superchargers will fail because they said so, and it doesn't work like that.
Not saying that you're not allowed or allowed to like the game or dislike that game,it's just that using "I know X will happen" isn't much of a reason.
---
#18 Posted: 21:16:10 03/06/2015
Yea ok, using the word "guarantee" was pointless, but I honestly will be shocked if it doesn't sell like crazy. despite the high price point.

It will be interesting to see sales figures this fall between them all. At one time it was ONLY Skylanders. Now, it will be Skylanders, Infinity, Lego & Amiibo.
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#19 Posted: 21:36:53 03/06/2015
Quote: TOlofter
I guarantee you sales for Dimensions will be through the roof. I'll be shocked if it isn't. Lego as it is already sells like crazy. The Lego games too. Adult, kids....everyone is already talking about it and how you can literally combine every world. I mean you can have Batman, Peter Venkman, Homer & Doc Brown travel to Oz. The end!

So, just out of curiosity, are you a parent? Do you have kids? How many kids do you know who are regularly getting $100 Lego sets? And then supplementary $40-50 Lego sets to go along with that $100 Lego set? It might sell a lot of starters, but honestly I believe the glut of content they're planning combined with the exorbitant prices they'll be charging will turn off enough parents fast enough that Dimensions won't be any sort of serious contender until at least their second or third generation.

Quote:
But that's beside the point. Whether sales are good or bad, Lego is doing the vehicle aspects of the game far better. Hell, so is Disney. They added a separate full fledged kart racing mode which is basically a separate game in itself. What VV appears to have done is turn Skylanders inside out by having them come to earth to do an infomercial with some biker guy and forcing this new feature down our throats by changing EVERYTHING.

So I guess this means you got invited to some of the demos and got to play SuperChargers? Because if you didn't, I don't think you (or anyone else who hasn't actually gotten their hands on any of these games) can really say who is doing these things better than each other. Who knows what it plays like? I don't! I'm excited! You're clearing looking for trouble and, as a result, finding it. If you're not happy with Skylanders, go buy up the Infinity overstock and enjoy that until Dimensions comes out. But reserve your final judgement for when the game actually comes out (or we're allowed to demo it pre-launch) as the limited amount of clips and such don't nearly 100% represent what the game will offer, guaranteed.

Quote:
For those of you who are excited about this, that's great. Hope you have a blast with this game. But at this point I do not see this game joining alongside my Skylanders.

I hope we do too! Looks fantastic!

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
Skylanders fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3952
#20 Posted: 21:58:34 03/06/2015
Yea ok, using the word "guarantee" was pointless, but I honestly will be shocked if it doesn't sell like crazy. despite the high price point.

It will be interesting to see sales figures this fall between them all. At one time it was ONLY Skylanders. Now, it will be Skylanders, Infinity, Lego & Amiibo.

I wouldn't worry about amiibo you cant find them anyways
---
Yep still around just not posting much anymore
#21 Posted: 22:10:26 03/06/2015
Quote: darkchylde28

So, just out of curiosity, are you a parent? Do you have kids? How many kids do you know who are regularly getting $100 Lego sets? And then supplementary $40-50 Lego sets to go along with that $100 Lego set? It might sell a lot of starters, but honestly I believe the glut of content they're planning combined with the exorbitant prices they'll be charging will turn off enough parents fast enough that Dimensions won't be any sort of serious contender until at least their second or third generation.

Quote:

So I guess this means you got invited to some of the demos and got to play SuperChargers? Because if you didn't, I don't think you (or anyone else who hasn't actually gotten their hands on any of these games) can really say who is doing these things better than each other. Who knows what it plays like? I don't! I'm excited! You're clearing looking for trouble and, as a result, finding it. If you're not happy with Skylanders, go buy up the Infinity overstock and enjoy that until Dimensions comes out. But reserve your final judgement for when the game actually comes out (or we're allowed to demo it pre-launch) as the limited amount of clips and such don't nearly 100% represent what the game will offer, guaranteed.

Quote:

I hope we do too! Looks fantastic!

-Doug

Looking for trouble? You're a defensive one. Geez relax a little.

This is all new info being released today = opinions. Calling it as I see it. I like more traditional Skylanders games that allows me to use what I have and spent on. Some do not care. To each his own. It sucks for those who invested in purchasing all the traps expecting to use all the villains going forward only to now to find out they're screwed.

I'm not even expecting to buy Lego Dimensions. Actually, right now at this point I do not plan on buying any of the upcoming toys-to-life games for once. And as for kids getting $100 Lego sets? I see them walking out of the Lego store constantly with them. Lego is expensive. Video games alone are expensive. Hell, everything out there is expensive these days. If parents can keep buying their kids $200 American Girl dolls with a $1000 worth of American Girl doll furniture, clothing and plastic food...I'm sure kids and adults alike will happily drop just over $100 for this Lego game. Lego I love, but I am currently fine with Lego just the way it is. Maybe that will change if Dimensions gets incredible reviews? Who knows.

Nintendo, while not necessary for any games, people are already putting their lives at risk for Amiibo...!

Love Disney. But Infinity is just cashing in on Star Wars and has made all S1 characters pointless more or less. Pass. Those games still haven't figures themselves out yet.

Skylanders this go around appears to have changed too drastically for my tastes. But its still too soon for me to make a full fledged judgment. Maybe the Wii U version will be more traditional? Then I'll be all over it! Still on the fence on whether I'll get PS4, Wii U or no game at all. Gotta wait for more info.

Like I said, it will be interesting to see which of these games will come out on top and who will be trailing behind because this is the most competition any of these guys have seen and I doubt the majority of players will be buying them all.

Again, I'm still going to hold out before I fully decide my opinion. As I said in the other thread, SuperChargers DOES look like lots of fun. It does. I actually think the vehicle aspect is also cool. What is currently deterring me from this game is:

• No traditional figures...it's all SuperCharger themed characters.
  • You are FORCED to use vehicles. You cannot apparently do a fun play through with strictly Stump Smash or Flashwing for example.
  • Traps not being utilized for their original purpose. If we were to finally get villain figures in SSC, then that be fine if the traps still served some sort of other purpose. But it appears villains and traps have no playable connection this time around.
  • The game is so outside the realm of tradition that it feels like a completely separate entity.
  • The portal looks so uninspired. Like a car repair shop. Which I guess I get, but it's not very well themed to the franchise whatsoever.

There is still a lot to discover and learn. I anxiously await for what is still to be unveiled, before I decide what I am or am not getting.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:43:39 03/06/2015 by TOlofter
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3872
#22 Posted: 01:10:18 04/06/2015
Looks great in my opinion.[User Posted Image]
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#23 Posted: 01:48:35 04/06/2015
It looks like the focus is only on just the 20 figures this time and vehicles so this one feels more of a stand alone separate adventure compared to the last 4. Using vehicles really is pushing the whole gimmick thing forward and while it is now varied if it does away with gates except for the types of vehicle that is more over a step in the right direction but 15 bucks a vehicle...that's too much.

I guess they have gotten a hit at making the figures for only 20 to be done with the vehicles this time around. I like storm blade but there's not a need for yet another stealth elf...that's a bit too much but i can see why they want to add some main characters - no reason they should have added her again in the starter, that's enough to put off people.

From the looks of it in how the stories will pan out, tfb might be handling the more story driven games while vv might be shafted to gimmicky ones. Swap force had the 15 swappers and now they're in charge of 20 vehicles so i guess that's the pattern.

I'm just not feeling the game though some of the vehicles look nice. I have to say going to wait for bargain bins on this one. There's just too much figures and I think they finally realized people just aren't buying heaps anymore. I expect supercharges to take in poor sales when stacked between lego, amiibo and star wars infinity 3.0 in that order.

Quote: darkchylde28

And bravo to you as well, Bifrost! lol! I'm glad that wit is helping win out somewhat against the horde of belly achers and bemoaners that have surfaced today (90%+ of which will probably be lining up to buy the game this fall like the rest of us).

-Doug

Nope...just nope. It'll be hard not to but there's just too much to worry about on my plate and I can't keep buying multiples which I did for family. I'm passing on this one. The hit of reality set in on missing the mini gnarly preorder, eventhough I did get to buy it when it was put back up on the tru website. The last new character i'm after is king cobra cadabra to finalize the four game buying into story wise. I still need to finish half of swap force and fully play through trap team. Got way too many figures as is. I look at all the companies involved now and it's just not worth it. You're going to see a lot of people drop off after trap team finishes and just watch from the side lines. You're free to be excited as its a nice idea but there's a line that some people have to draw in what they need and more so than not the older gamers will probably be dropping the franchise for a year or so despite vv making it.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:56:15 04/06/2015 by tigerdr
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#24 Posted: 02:08:02 04/06/2015

The game itself? CHANGES EVERYTHING? OMG. It's got 80% of the content we've seen in previous games. Change is good. Change is needed at this point. And the cool thing is, they did it in a way that respects folks who like the previous games and those that want something new. Don't want to race on air land and sea? Cool, then ignore those sections and continue through the story. Lego and Infinity's IP is good and all, but I like being on the cusp of the unknown--every Skylanders game gives us something old and new.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:18:24 04/06/2015 by TakeYourLemons
captainzombie Green Sparx Gems: 459
#25 Posted: 02:37:09 04/06/2015
I think people would be even more mad if they didn't even use the traps, so at least VV is doing something with them. What bothers me though is that we have Swappers and Trap Masters who I feel now are not even gonna do anything special in this game like having a Giants character pickup boulders not rendering them completely useless say in SF and TT.

What will be irritating is the need to use vehicles to probably open certain elemental areas/gates. After buying one of each Trap Masters, not sure I want to spend all this money again to get 10 vehicles @ most likely $13-15 each and then the same with the Superchargers.

Hopefully we see more at E3 that will change many people's opinions.
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#26 Posted: 02:51:49 04/06/2015
Quote: TakeYourLemons

The game itself? CHANGES EVERYTHING? OMG. It's got 80% of the content we've seen in previous games. Change is good. Change is needed at this point. And the cool think is, they did it in a way that respects folks who like the previous games and those that want something new. Don't want to race on air land and sea? Cool, then ignore those sections and continue through the story. Lego and Infinity's IP is good and all, but I like being on the cusp of the unknown--every Skylanders game gives us something old and new.

Couldn't possibly agree more.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#27 Posted: 07:50:05 04/06/2015
I am very excited for this game and it's good it both keeps both old and new elements into the game. It's good they did only a few characters as imagine having to develop every single skylander to ride every vehicle. It would probably be filled with bugs and be rushed
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#28 Posted: 09:09:48 04/06/2015
Ok I want to be straightforward here even at the cost of being too much harsh.

I don't care how many characters V.V. and TfB will have to code with each game.
I don't care if they'll have to take 3 or more years to do so.
I don't care how many money they'll have to spend to do so.
And I don't care how much hard it will be.

I want quality.
And quality in videogames is achieved by taking the right amount of risks, respecting the tradition enough while innovating and taking the right amount of time to do it.

V.V. needed to reduce the number of brand new Skylanders this year because there are too many...?
Well, then take your time, release the game in 2017 but give us more characters.
Giants had 16 characters (2 per Element) and I was perfectly fine with it.
Now that we have 10 Elements and they seem to be supporting this I as a customer pretend to get AT LEAST 20 NEW Skylanders.

Don't want to code and create more vehicles...?
Then simply make them as regular Cores.

Or, better idea, reduce the number of vehicles.

Do I have to remember you this isn't Disney Infinity nor LEGO Dimensions but Skylanders...?
You know, those little inhabitants of the floating islands with their own personality and unique abilities...?
That's the core of the series in my honest opinion.
And they are not focusing on it enough for my tastes from what I've seen so far.

Ok, end of the rant.

I obviously exaggerated a bit but wanted the message to be conveyed clearly.

I am currently seeing 60% or more of the game that I like and 40% or less I don't but frankly what I don't like is really bugging me.

I'm sure E3 will be able to tell if I'm right or wrong.
And I sincerely hope for the latter.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#29 Posted: 09:36:35 04/06/2015

The game itself? CHANGES EVERYTHING? OMG. It's got 80% of the content we've seen in previous games. Change is good. Change is needed at this point. And the cool thing is, they did it in a way that respects folks who like the previous games and those that want something new. Don't want to race on air land and sea? Cool, then ignore those sections and continue through the story. Lego and Infinity's IP is good and all, but I like being on the cusp of the unknown--every Skylanders game gives us something old and new.

I think is not possible to ignore the racing elements. Sometimes the vehicles sections will be place as a side missions through the main chapter, but other there will be through the main chapter path and therefore it will be compulsory to get into it. At least, this is what game informer review stated.
---
#30 Posted: 09:38:15 04/06/2015
Quote: Drek95
Ok I want to be straightforward here even at the cost of being too much harsh.

I don't care how many characters V.V. and TfB will have to code with each game.
I don't care if they'll have to take 3 or more years to do so.
I don't care how many money they'll have to spend to do so.
And I don't care how much hard it will be.

I want quality.
And quality in videogames is achieved by taking the right amount of risks, respecting the tradition enough while innovating and taking the right amount of time to do it.

V.V. needed to reduce the number of brand new Skylanders this year because there are too many...?
Well, then take your time, release the game in 2017 but give us more characters.
Giants had 16 characters (2 per Element) and I was perfectly fine with it.
Now that we have 10 Elements and they seem to be supporting this I as a customer pretend to get AT LEAST 20 NEW Skylanders.

Don't want to code and create more vehicles...?
Then simply make them as regular Cores.

Or, better idea, reduce the number of vehicles.

Do I have to remember you this isn't Disney Infinity nor LEGO Dimensions but Skylanders...?
You know, those little inhabitants of the floating islands with their own personality and unique abilities...?
That's the core of the series in my honest opinion.
And they are not focusing on it enough for my tastes from what I've seen so far.

Ok, end of the rant.

I obviously exaggerated a bit but wanted the message to be conveyed clearly.

I am currently seeing 60% or more of the game that I like and 40% or less I don't but frankly what I don't like is really bugging me.

I'm sure E3 will be able to tell if I'm right or wrong.
And I sincerely hope for the latter.

Agree.
---
#31 Posted: 09:41:45 04/06/2015
Quote: angelg

I think is not possible to ignore the racing elements. Sometimes the vehicles sections will be place as a side missions through the main chapter, but other there will be through the main chapter path and therefore it will be compulsory to get into it. At least, this is what game informer review stated.

This is also true according to the infos we've got so far.

It honestly doesn't annoys me that much but still it's a thing to be considered in the overall experience.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Wally-Gang Gold Sparx Gems: 2987
#32 Posted: 13:33:29 04/06/2015
Correct me if I am mistaken, but I thought that any skylander can drive any vehicle. When the right one drove, the vehicle got a boost of some kind. I am also under the impression that you only need a land vehicle to complete the game. Both of these issues are settled in the starter pack. We asked for online play and it seems that we got that too. Too many characters from past games, and this time only 20. I would think that with what we know about the game so far, many would take the approach that I will use: get the game, play with what is given, maybe get an air and water vehicle to play those parts, and see how I feel about getting any more after that.
What other toys to life games do or do not do if of little importance to me. I like these games and will support them while I can. The gameplay is varied enough to not get boring, the characters are all engaging, the hunt for those characters is 10 month or so mission, if you choose to accept it, and a really cool culture has developed around the games. Imitation is the highest form of flattery, I follow the original in this case.
Like most others, I will wait and see what further information we are given and decide how much to devote to SuperChargers as we go.

Be sure to have fun
---
"Come rang or shine"
Still troubled by him speaking
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me