darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > Any opinions on who The Darkness might be?
Page 1 of 1
Any opinions on who The Darkness might be?
Chadamusprime Green Sparx Gems: 109
#1 Posted: 17:03:26 03/06/2015 | Topic Creator
I'm hoping whoever it is there is an interesting Boss fight like with Kaos' mom. Also the humour aspect of the the mother character was something i felt both adults and children could enjoy.

Im wondering if The Darkness is the ULTIMATE EVIL! and will follow a similar trope. Perhaps turning out to be Kaos' EVIL AUNT DORRIS! who makes Kaos have a bath and wipes his face by spitting into an old handkerchief that she has kept in her pocket since before the dinosaurs.

Well as long as its not this....
[User Posted Image]
---
James Hetfield: Running, On our way, Hiding, You will pay, Dying, One thousand deaths.
Drobit: Searching, Seek and destroy!
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#2 Posted: 17:09:14 03/06/2015
I didn't enjoy at all since she was a huge hyprocrite. "Oh no Kaos only knows to attack and never plan" except he planned more than she did in the end and the entire competition falls flat when they're nearly the same character except for some arrogance upgrade.

Really hoping the Darkness is at least a different brand of evil than what we had. Not petty, not arrogant, not lazy genius. Malefor can fill the first two if he feels like - let's give a force of destruction with zero compassion or desire for anything else what it actually would want.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#3 Posted: 21:01:34 03/06/2015
It NEEDS to be voiced by Tim Curry...no others will suffice.
#4 Posted: 21:14:19 03/06/2015
Quote: Tigorus

I was thinking more along the lines of Liam O'Brien plus a few filters,but ok.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:14:32 03/06/2015 by Bifrost
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#5 Posted: 21:16:29 03/06/2015
We've seen The Darkness though. It's a mass of black clouds.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#6 Posted: 21:17:50 03/06/2015
Quote: Bifrost

I'm pretty sure that the darkness is a force, and also a way to lead into Sky 6.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
#7 Posted: 21:20:14 03/06/2015
Quote: ninja9351

I'm pretty sure that the darkness is a force, and also a way to lead into Sky 6.

No, The Darkness has been stated by official sources to have a voice this time.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#8 Posted: 21:22:11 03/06/2015
Malefor....c'mon guys DARKNESS!
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
#9 Posted: 21:23:24 03/06/2015
Quote: Sleepy0429

No, Malefor is the king of the undead. The Darkness created him, like all evil in Skylands.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#10 Posted: 21:24:57 03/06/2015
Quote: Bionichute

No, Malefor is the king of the undead. The Darkness created him, like all evil in Skylands.

Where was this said? Malefor currently has no known origin.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#11 Posted: 21:26:12 03/06/2015
Quote: Aura24

Where was this said? Malefor currently has no known origin.

Like I said, The Darkness, in some way, created all evil in Skylands. Perhaps not directly, but it has been stated in official materials.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
#12 Posted: 21:26:32 03/06/2015

Darkness didn't create anything,in fact Malefor seems to be from.... Elsewhere. According to the annuals,it was brought into Skylands and it brought evil creatures along. Not create. In fact, other sources say that maybe the Darkness was created or found by the Ancients.
---
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#13 Posted: 21:26:46 03/06/2015
Well if Kaos is Richard Steven Horvitz, why not get his pseudo-partner in crime Armin Shimerman? They've paired up before... namely in Psychonauts and the Ratchet & Clank series. <.<;

Although, given the recent trend of using celebrity voices for the secondary antagonist (Christine Baranski for Kaos's Mom, CCH Pounder for the Golden Queen), I'd expect it to be another TV star of some sort.
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#14 Posted: 21:28:32 03/06/2015

Darkness didn't create anything,in fact Malefor seems to be from.... Elsewhere. According to the annuals,it was brought into Skylands and it brought evil creatures along. Not create. In fact, other sources say that maybe the Darkness was created or found by the Ancients.

Either way, The Darkness is almost definitely not Malefor.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
LittleWizard Yellow Sparx Gems: 1715
#15 Posted: 21:30:46 03/06/2015
Gilbert Godfried as Ripto? Anyone? Forget it.
---
****ing hell its been a long time
#16 Posted: 21:31:38 03/06/2015
Quote: LittleWizard

Danny DeVito would be a better choice.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
#17 Posted: 21:32:32 03/06/2015

....Might want to catch up on the sources, Bio.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#18 Posted: 21:33:40 03/06/2015

....Might want to catch up on the sources, Bio.

It still isn't Malefor. The Darkness and Malefor are in no way connected to each other. Malefor is an undead dragon, The Darkness is THE DARKNESS.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
#19 Posted: 21:34:50 03/06/2015
I know that, I was referring to the sources (books, comics, games) that confirmed the details on The Darkness.
---
Medicus Gold Sparx Gems: 2405
#20 Posted: 21:35:09 03/06/2015
I don't know what to expect in game from the Darkness, but I sure do hope that he is played by Liam Neeson!
---
Hello There, Old Friends!
#21 Posted: 21:36:05 03/06/2015

Maybe Megan Fox.
#bestcastingever
---
#22 Posted: 21:36:06 03/06/2015
I know that, I was referring to the sources (books, comics, games) that confirmed the details on The Darkness.

Oops, sorry. I got that info from the wiki, so maybe the wiki should be updated? I dunno, I only have the money to collect the games and toys, not the other stuff.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
#23 Posted: 21:37:52 03/06/2015
The Darkness page has been updated with the right sources, it hasn't been mentioned with new details lately until now.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:52:27 03/06/2015 by Aura24
#24 Posted: 21:53:14 03/06/2015

Maybe Megan Fox.
#bestcastingever

I'm just kidding, Megan Fox would suck as Ripto.
---
#25 Posted: 23:12:42 03/06/2015 | Topic Creator
I think i see what you mean and perhaps they have done the whole Wizard of Oz joke(oh no its a big evil obscure thing, oh turns it it was just a regular person) to death too.
---
James Hetfield: Running, On our way, Hiding, You will pay, Dying, One thousand deaths.
#26 Posted: 23:16:51 03/06/2015 | Topic Creator

Quote: HIR
Well if Kaos is Richard Steven Horvitz, why not get his pseudo-partner in crime Armin Shimerman? They've paired up before... namely in Psychonauts and the Ratchet & Clank series. <.<;

Although, given the recent trend of using celebrity voices for the secondary antagonist (Christine Baranski for Kaos's Mom, CCH Pounder for the Golden Queen), I'd expect it to be another TV star of some sort.

Quote: Medicus
I don't know what to expect in game from the Darkness, but I sure do hope that he is played by Liam Neeson!

I for one would love to see a vote on this. Have to say for myself, i would also like to hear Tim Curry putting some Toxic Love into it lol.
---
abstractsardine Gold Sparx Gems: 2244
#27 Posted: 23:43:14 03/06/2015
Umm... what's with this whole "Darkness" thing... I'm so lost...
#28 Posted: 23:54:57 03/06/2015
Quote: abstractsardine
Umm... what's with this whole "Darkness" thing... I'm so lost...

You would playing the first game, it's a pretty big deal. Corruptible source of dark magic, seems to have a mind of its own(literally now), everyone who starts worshipping it turns into a villain. Also likes to drown Dark relics in forgotteness on its spare time.
---
abstractsardine Gold Sparx Gems: 2244
#29 Posted: 00:00:56 04/06/2015
Strange... but it makes sense to me, especially during the Nightshade fight (never got to play Midnight Museum yet but watched videos on it).
#30 Posted: 00:03:01 04/06/2015
That was mostly the power of the Dark element,which the Darkness seems to be a part of but isn't the entire thing. Kinda like how Pokémon has Dark types that aren't evil and some who are, big time.
---
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#31 Posted: 00:25:00 04/06/2015
I don't know but he might believe in a thing called love.
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me