Page 1 of 1
Portal's Owner Pack Confirmed
SirKev7 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1251
#1 Posted: 13:00:34 03/06/2015 | Topic Creator
For those that already own the Traptanium Portal, a digital version of Superchargers will be available on all consoles except the Wii and 3DS.
It was confirmed in this video by FamilyGamerTV at 8:00
https://youtu.be/P9sFmWPC6Jk
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#2 Posted: 13:01:30 03/06/2015
It will likely be better value to grab the full starter anyway.
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
Street50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#3 Posted: 13:10:26 03/06/2015
I like the look of the new portal and I want both figures so the starter pack seems the best for me. I'm waiting for amazon to put up the preorder.
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3511
#4 Posted: 19:25:32 03/06/2015
What do they mean by digital? Does it just download the game on your system? Is it a starter pack with less items to be delivered by mail?
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#5 Posted: 19:28:07 03/06/2015
Quote: TrapShadowFan
What do they mean by digital? Does it just download the game on your system? Is it a starter pack with less items to be delivered by mail?

The first one, it is a game you download directly to your console hard drive. Not physical copy (no disk, no car, no figures), just an amount of GB in your HDD.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
superhalite Blue Sparx Gems: 970
#6 Posted: 20:00:01 03/06/2015
It says the Skylanders are downloaded in the game. Im getting the one with the portal then.
---
We rely too much on technology yes that is true,but it's not going anywhere.
TOlofter Yellow Sparx Gems: 1021
#7 Posted: 20:18:43 03/06/2015
I would have so purchased an owners pack, but not digitally. I would have slightly considered it until I heard digital characters?....are they insane? The whole point of this whole franchise are the figures. Uuugh. VV is no TFB....smilie
darkchylde28 Gold Sparx Gems: 2175
#8 Posted: 20:48:53 03/06/2015
Quote: TOlofter
I would have so purchased an owners pack, but not digitally. I would have slightly considered it until I heard digital characters?....are they insane? The whole point of this whole franchise are the figures. Uuugh. VV is no TFB....smilie

You apparently didn't partake of the Tablet Edition of Trap Team which included virtual digital characters which are only in the game. Or any of the iOS/Android games (Battlegrounds, Cloud Patrol & Lost Islands). All preceded this and featured characters who weren't actual figures. You could use actual figures with each (as you can with a digital copy of SuperChargers) but don't have to purchase the extra characters to play if you don't want to. As Skylanders is Toys for Bob's IP/baby, if Vicarious Visions was doing something TfB didn't like they'd put a stop to it. Seeing as there's already an established pattern for digital characters, lay the blame at TfB's feet for establishing and letting this pattern happen and continue, not Vicarious Visions.

-Doug
---
SSA: Complete, SG: Complete, SSF: Complete, STT: Complete (Save Yawn Traps), SSC: Complete (To Date) + Various Chase/Promotional Variants
Captainfishlip Green Sparx Gems: 415
#9 Posted: 20:49:50 03/06/2015
I'm just going with the Starter Pack. And this time I might make an effort to get the reposes since they have new attacks.
---
SA 31/32 SG 16/16 SF 27/32 TT 30/52 SC 9/20 SCV 3/20 SI 3/31
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#10 Posted: 20:50:16 03/06/2015
Only the starter pack characters are digital. The rest you have to buy in figure form.
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
NinjaStealthElf Green Sparx Gems: 344
#11 Posted: 20:59:01 03/06/2015
I'm just going to pick up the Starter Pack. The portal looks great, and physical copies are always the way to go.
ladala Yellow Sparx Gems: 1935
#12 Posted: 20:59:32 03/06/2015
I'd so get this... if it weren't digital-only. I like to have physical copies of my games - it makes it feel like I actually own it, if something happens to the console I still have the game, and it saves hardrive/SD Card space for actual digital-only games and save files.

Besides, with only a digital version of Spitfire, I wouldn't be able to use him in Skylanders 6+.

Too bad... I'd really like to not have another portal to take up space on my (rapidly becoming) Skylanders display case.
---
Thank you for releasing me!
TOlofter Yellow Sparx Gems: 1021
#13 Posted: 21:02:11 03/06/2015
Quote: darkchylde28
Quote: TOlofter

You apparently didn't partake of the Tablet Edition of Trap Team which included virtual digital characters which are only in the game. Or any of the iOS/Android games (Battlegrounds, Cloud Patrol & Lost Islands). All preceded this and featured characters who weren't actual figures. You could use actual figures with each (as you can with a digital copy of SuperChargers) but don't have to purchase the extra characters to play if you don't want to. As Skylanders is Toys for Bob's IP/baby, if Vicarious Visions was doing something TfB didn't like they'd put a stop to it. Seeing as there's already an established pattern for digital characters, lay the blame at TfB's feet for establishing and letting this pattern happen and continue, not Vicarious Visions.

-Doug

Tablets, Apps, etc are a separate entity. But when it comes to core/main Skylanders games, digital characters should never even be considered. Infinity did that with Tron and look at the uproar that caused.
The Bone Chompy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1201
#14 Posted: 21:11:26 03/06/2015
You know what? I' mooing to get the digital pack, and then wait a few knths, then get pre-owned Spitfire, Super Shot, and Hot Streak, since I already have the Traptanium Portal. Also, Trap Team as an app was free, you just needed to hook up a portal to it once and you would get all the levels. Is it going to be same for SuperChargers? Because if not, I'm going to have to consider buying this or not.
---
^This might be sarcasm.
MarvelSeer Blue Sparx Gems: 675
#15 Posted: 21:17:32 03/06/2015
Quote: angelg
Quote: TrapShadowFan

The first one, it is a game you download directly to your console hard drive. Not physical copy (no disk, no car, no figures), just an amount of GB in your HDD.

Were did this information come from?
I heard the Digital Pack has to be bought in Stores and come with a code that unlocks the game via the Marketplace as well as figures.
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie - Missing Legendary Bushwack emoji
Bebop Red Sparx Gems: 10
#16 Posted: 14:08:33 13/06/2015
If you get the portal owners pack is only spitfire,hot streak, and stealth elf digital
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#17 Posted: 16:17:44 13/06/2015
I'll go with the Starter Pack with the SuperCharger Portal.
Skylander3112 Gold Sparx Gems: 2115
#18 Posted: 06:47:29 14/06/2015
So does the Digital Pack have the same content as the Starter Pack? (minus Portal)
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#19 Posted: 12:08:54 14/06/2015
Quote: Skylander3112
So does the Digital Pack have the same content as the Starter Pack? (minus Portal)

(It hasn't been detailed yet, but from what has been confirmed about it, don't expect more than this unless they show more details.)

The digital edition, judging by last year's tablet edition, is the bare minimum of what you need: The game itself and digital versions of Spitfire and Hot Streak. None of the physical extras, and no supercharged Stealth Elf. You will not be able to play co-op if you don't own a portal and at least one physical Skylander figure (and a second controller, obviously).
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:12:17 14/06/2015 by Nightmoon
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me