Page 1 of 1
Tablet Pack GamePad Question
CyberTails Green Sparx Gems: 484
#1 Posted: 22:45:27 01/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Hello Folks

I recently got the Tablet Pack to play TT on the go with my phone, but I tried to use the Controller it comes with on another game (Pinball Arcade) and it didn't work, now I'm wondering: Is there a Driver for Android that'll let me use the GamePad on other games beyond TT?
---
My Giants smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#2 Posted: 15:18:08 02/06/2015
This has been discussed before. I'm pretty sure the controller connects, somehow, through the portal, so it only works with Trap Team. I could be wrong, but I think that's what I remember others saying. I know, for a fact, that it will only work with Trap Team.
CyberTails Green Sparx Gems: 484
#3 Posted: 16:16:55 02/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Okay, I didn't know that it was discussed before, also thanks for that, I'll just have to get a Kindle Fire sometime
---
My Giants smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
bettse Red Sparx Gems: 52
#4 Posted: 05:03:39 04/06/2015
The GamePad is just another BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy, aka Bluetooth 4.0) device, and its up to the game to handle it as an accessory. The way the buttons and such are encoded is actually very similar to that of other gamepads. I forked a project that allows the Xbox controller to work on OS X and made it for the Skylanders Trap Team Tablet GamePad (https://github.com/bettse/SkylandersGamePadEnabler). Its only for OS X, so it wouldn't help you with Android directly, but I think its reasonable to say that you could write a driver for Android to expose it as an input.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me