darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > What if the vehicles are the gimmicklander?
Page 1 of 1
What if the vehicles are the gimmicklander?
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#1 Posted: 17:18:06 31/05/2015 | Topic Creator
It seems to be the assumption that there will be core charaters, an oversized gimmicklander, and vehicles. I have my doubts about that. If vehicles are going to be the main focus this time around, it makes sense that they would be in $15-16 range, and they will be in demand. There will be at least 8 of these, but likely 16-20. That is a lot of supply for the market. Activision has to know that the market is going to bear much in that price range.

So why have an oversized figure this time around? What more will they bring to the table? You could make it so that only the gimmick figure can ride the vehicles, but that makes the cores much less valuable, and we already know that didn't fly for TT. They could make the figures more powerful, but agian, seem like a minimal reason for $6 over the price of the core.

So why not have all the figures be core? 2 new cores per element, plus maybe 2 reposes. Make it so that only the current characters can ride the vehicles. Older characters can still play in the non-driving parts. The new cores would sell better because they have value with a vehicle. Reposes would sell well, because it's the only way eruptor can ride a vehicle.

Overall, they could end with the same relative count of characters/vehicles to buy as they did in TT. 20 cores, 20 vehicle/gimmicks. They can add 8 new minis. They could add power discs ($5) to fill that price point. They could revitalize reposes by giving them a bit more then just a wow pow.

From what we know so far (the product descriptions) this seems possible. The photo of the prototype figure may be bigger then a core though, in which case, this theory is garbage. I haven't heard anything about it's size.
Kiroq Gold Sparx Gems: 2328
#2 Posted: 17:49:00 31/05/2015
I was thinking this too but it's not likely
---
smilie Fools! I've had it up to here with your incompetence! Actually no, even higher..up to HERE!
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#3 Posted: 20:16:37 31/05/2015
There is actually a fairly high possibility this is true.

To support this theory the description of the Starter Pack's content is very vague.
They seem to be talking about both the gimmick and the "series" (Dune Bug is a SWAP Force character but not a SWAP Force member).

However the leaked character has a really odd base, something we have never seen before.
The size is relatively important.

Personally I don't think it would negatively influence the Cores.
If anything it would only be a "damage" for the Gimmicklanders themselves since they would be nothing more than regular characters without the vehicles.

We'll see, really interesting theory.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
blackout3000 Blue Sparx Gems: 568
#4 Posted: 20:24:28 31/05/2015
no I think vehicles will be magic items like traps and super chargers are gimmicklanders like trap-masters
---
wA HA HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
melvimbe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#5 Posted: 22:32:48 31/05/2015 | Topic Creator
Why is this not likely? I understand that some (maybe most) would not think so, I'd love to hear reasons why.

Drek, I am guessing all of the core characters would have a motor on the base this time around, even reposes.
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#6 Posted: 22:58:28 31/05/2015
Quote: melvimbe
Why is this not likely? I understand that some (maybe most) would not think so, I'd love to hear reasons why.

Drek, I am guessing all of the core characters would have a motor on the base this time around, even reposes.

Why isn't it likely? Because of Activisions greed. Plus it just doesn't sound like something they would do.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
wild_defender Green Sparx Gems: 465
#7 Posted: 23:07:09 31/05/2015
I don't think the core characters will have motors or whatever on the base. It just seems unneccessary.

I'm thinking, seeing as the vehicles are probably gonna be sold separately, that all characters will be able to use a vehicle but the supercharges will provide something extra when combined with them .

Knda like the traps, everyone could use a trap , but trap masters could beat villains easier.

Or your can put 2 charscters in a vehicle , one to drive and one to shoot and the super chargers are the ones that can drive or you need at least 1 supercharger to make the vehicle run.

I agree with that the gimic landers are gonna be close to regular size this time. I'm thinking the vehicles will hopefully be big enough to put a charscter inside. Otherwise they'll just feel like a magic item. I kinda want decent figures of skylanders ships, and vehicles.
---
Anyone else think Short Cut should be making jokes about running with scissors?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:08:34 31/05/2015 by wild_defender
#8 Posted: 23:22:57 31/05/2015
Quote: melvimbe

Could be but it would also be quite restrictive in terms of design.
Also that base itself is weird.
There is something odd... We never got a Fire base so peculiar.
And there is definitely some extra tech inside it as well.

Also think about the description of the plot: "a team of special Skylanders has been assembled to pilot a fleet of unatoppable vehicles".
It really sounds like the SuperChargers (assuming that's the name for the gimmick characters) will be the only ones able to drive the new vehicles.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#9 Posted: 07:56:25 01/06/2015
The nearest and only reference we have are the traps and trapsmaster of TT. The traps could be used by whoever skylander and the trapmaster provided a complementary addition to the game, but they weren't necessary in order to get access to the villains. This would support the theory of having vehicles avalaible for all skylanders + new gimmick which would give an extra which we are still unsure about it.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
#10 Posted: 08:02:44 01/06/2015
Quote: angelg
The nearest and only reference we have are the traps and trapsmaster of TT. The traps could be used by whoever skylander and the trapmaster provided a complementary addition to the game, but they weren't necessary in order to get access to the villains. This would support the theory of having vehicles avalaible for all skylanders + new gimmick which would give an extra which we are still unsure about it.

As I said it could be.

It only seems unlikely to me but you have your point.
There is not much time left to wait... smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me