Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Idle Chatter > I live! I die! I live again! Mad Max Fury Road
Page 1 of 1
I live! I die! I live again! Mad Max Fury Road [CLOSED]
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6082
#1 Posted: 11:01:15 31/05/2015 | Topic Creator

Is anyone else on these forums even old enough to go see this movie? XD

Love it. Seen it twice. Got the soundtrack, gonna get the poster. Oh, what a lovely day! Who's with me?!
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#2 Posted: 11:08:07 31/05/2015
I am OLD enough to go see it, though I don't have any real interest right now.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#3 Posted: 11:15:12 31/05/2015 | Topic Creator
I suppose it helps to also be old enough to have a pronounced fondness for these post-apocalyptic road movies. :D If you're not into non-stop action, explosions, and gratuitous death, it may not be for you. This is basically my favorite thing right now because it is everything I love: badass big rig, badass trucker cyborg lady, explosions, blood, nonsensical violence, awesome music, cool world building...it's my kinda move. ^_^

Have some Nux, err'body!

Also!

I accidentally made a Fury Road/Spyro crossover and it's gaining momentum. XD If anyone wants to pitch in with some ideas, feel free! So far we have:

Spyro = Mad Max
Imperitor Elora = Furiosa
Immortan Ripto = Joe
Hunter (needs better name) = Nux
Bianca = red haired Wife
The Sorceress = People Eater
Stewart Copeland (probably) = Doof

The crossover doesn't have a formal name as of yet and there's plenty of room to make it even worse...better. Better is the word I meant. :D
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:31:02 31/05/2015 by Razz
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#4 Posted: 14:50:23 31/05/2015
doof=best character
#5 Posted: 15:06:15 31/05/2015 | Topic Creator
Doof was freaking awesome! When I first saw the movie I couldn't really tell what was going on thanks to a lack of descriptive narration but I remember seeing him and being like "...that guy has a flame thrower guitar. DUDE." :D

The Avalar Apocalypse is now underway! Tnargraef drew up Mad Spyro LoS style. :D I'm debating making Cynder the Splendid Wife or one of the Vulvalini. Where ever she goes, so Ember goes also. :D

...Oh dear. Just realized the Professor is the best pick for Human Mechanic. XD This is the best/worst thing ever. Sorry South Park/Spyro crossover, you've been outdone.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#6 Posted: 15:22:41 31/05/2015
Quote:
I suppose it helps to also be old enough to have a pronounced fondness for these post-apocalyptic road movies. smilie If you're not into non-stop action, explosions, and gratuitous death, it may not be for you.

Well it's not that (I actually didn't know anything about it until now), it's just that I'm not really someone who goes out of their way to see movies that much especially in the cinema, so I wouldn't follow movies too heavily unless they're animated (I follow animated movies since 3D and 2D animations are things I'm sort of getting into doing myself). I usually just go if a friend invites me or I have a friend over and we wanna do something.

Would it be anything like Hobo with a Shotgun? That's a great B-movie with plenty of gratuitous death and non-stop action.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Epic popthorn Emerald Sparx Gems: 3277
#7 Posted: 19:40:19 31/05/2015
Favorite movie of 2015!
#8 Posted: 23:58:39 31/05/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote:
Would it be anything like Hobo with a Shotgun? That's a great B-movie with plenty of gratuitous death and non-stop action.

I've never seen Hobo With a Shotgun, but I imagine it took inspiration from the original Mad Max films, so this one is probably the not-B movie version. :D Everyone in the post apocalyptic future is kind of a hobo, only with guns and flame thrower guitars. XD
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#9 Posted: 04:22:32 01/06/2015
Quote: sonicbrawler182

Well, there's certainly a lot more cars and explosions...
It's also pretty self contained in the Mad Max continuity, and barely referenced any Mad Max film other than Road Warrior, and even then it's just a clothing cameo.
It'd be a perfect jumping on point for any newer fans.
Rendar Platinum Sparx Gems: 6473
#10 Posted: 05:14:04 01/06/2015
I'm 23, which makes me an ancient here, I think. I loved Fury Road. I love the old ones too.
Big Green Platinum Sparx Gems: 6345
#11 Posted: 05:20:30 01/06/2015
saw it, loved it
#12 Posted: 06:33:06 01/06/2015
Quote: Rendar
I'm 23, which makes me an ancient here, I think. I loved Fury Road. I love the old ones too.

By that logic, I'm almost ancient too...

The old ones were great, save for Enter the Thunderdome. No one speaks of that one...
Wreckingball13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#13 Posted: 11:33:04 01/06/2015
This movie is probably the best movie I have seen since 2009. It was fantastic.
ReshiramForever Platinum Sparx Gems: 5142
#14 Posted: 11:40:55 01/06/2015
Quote: StriderSwag

It's also pretty self contained in the Mad Max continuity, and barely referenced any Mad Max film other than Road Warrior, and even then it's just a clothing cameo.

dont know if it really counts as a 'reference' or not but the same actor who played toecutter in the original played immortan joe in fury road
---
self professed austGAYlian
#15 Posted: 13:39:49 01/06/2015
Quote: ReshiramForever
Quote: StriderSwag

dont know if it really counts as a 'reference' or not but the same actor who played toecutter in the original played immortan joe in fury road

HOLY **** I NEVER NOTICED THAT
AvatariDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 6085
#16 Posted: 15:04:37 01/06/2015
I feel kind of uncomfortable just watching the trailers. I'm not saying it's a bad movie (I've only heard good things about it) but I think I would feel disturbed and uncomfortable while watching it. I might give it a try someday, but meh..

Also, I'm pretty sure a good portion of the users here are old enough to see the movie.
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
#17 Posted: 18:24:44 01/06/2015 | Topic Creator
^ No need to force yourself into watching a thing you don't think you'll enjoy. :) Excessive action, explosions, and death is not for everyone. :)

Haha, yeah, I figure a lot of folks on these boards are old enough to see a rated R movie, I was just making a joke in that initial post. :) I'm in my early 30s; I'm basically a dinosaur by this board's standards. :D

I haven't seen Thunderdome yet but I'm looking forward to it. Evil Tina Turner seems pretty awesome to me and I have a tendency not to expect greatness out of anything, really. Which means I generally enjoy most stuff for what it is and not any sort of over-hyped expectations. I'm an avid fan of Waterworld, which is basically not-as-awesome Mad Max in the ocean. I suspect I will enjoy Thunderdome just fine. :D
ReshiramForever Platinum Sparx Gems: 5142
#18 Posted: 21:42:39 01/06/2015
lol its ma 15+ here is it really rated r in america?
---
self professed austGAYlian
#19 Posted: 23:18:12 01/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Yep, rated R here. Which means you have to be 17+ to attend alone, but you can go see it if you're younger with an adult in tow. The MPA is dumb, so who even knows why they chose that rating. Probably because of tough ladies being independent and themes of human slavery. Also the death. Lot of death in that movie, but it could easily have been a PG-13, so who knows?
k25205 Green Sparx Gems: 194
#20 Posted: 23:35:19 27/07/2015
Literally the best movie I've seen in a long time.
---
why am i still here
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me