darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > In Memoriam, Dark Spryo Trap Team Section 4/23/14 - 5/30/15
Page 1 of 1
In Memoriam, Dark Spryo Trap Team Section 4/23/14 - 5/30/15
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#1 Posted: 19:52:29 30/05/2015 | Topic Creator
****TLDNR ALERT****

As a new section opens up on Dark Spryo, it pretty much signals the death knell for a beloved friend. A game that has had it's memorable moments
both good and bad. There were strong memories shared here with friends and fellow portal masters. I'll be the first to share my own memories of the game and the forum.

• I will never forget how insanely hard it was to get a Kaos Trap. It's probably the most defining thing about Trap Teap that I will never ever forget.
  • How confused were we all when we encountered the question mark gates and wondered what the heck those where about.
  • How joyous we became when a member here cracked the game and unlocked the light and dark elements and characters we were not really supposed to know about. Activision tried, but they couldn't keep it quiet.
  • And tisk tisk for them to even try that. Seriously, question marks and Eon telling us perhaps some at other time he'll tell us more? Whatever.
  • I remember finding a 3DS system a few days early and Walmart not allowing me to buy it. Jerks! I wanted to break the game first here on Dark Spryo! LOL!
  • I found the Baaa-ttle Flag image and we were all excited for something that will probably never ever happen. A Skylanders Shooter? Yeah right.
  • I recall how the 3DS version basically told us everything that we were not supposed to know about special character releases.
  • How fustrated I got over the Frito-Lays Play to LOOSE contest. I called up every day and never won a High Five, while other jerks here used mysterious methods to win more than their fair share of them. I hope those figures were done with radioactive lead paint and full of abestos and you are quite sick right now.
  • I loved the mirror world level the best. I would love an entire game with evil Skylanders and you play as a good Glumshanks/Kaos to save that world.
  • Wasn't Wolfgang the coolest?
  • Wasn't the rest of the trappable villians rather lame compared to him?
  • Well, like ok, Dreamcatcher is the best of them all except that her gameplay TOTALLY sucks. (<--- said in a Dreamcatcher voice)
  • How sad is it that Americans got Gear Shift and other countries still has yet to see her. Then again we never got a Giants Hex until Swap Force, so it's payback, right?
  • How about those countless Trap releases and trying to catch them all like they were Pokemon or something.
  • Doesn't your OCD really act up when some elements has more traps than trappable villians? And the free tray they provide is basically useless if you do actually have each one released?
  • How many of us got up before the crack of dawn to get first in line at your local Toys R Us to make absolutely sure you get all those waves and still somehow you missed out on getting a Kaos Trap?
  • Wasn't it great that Flynn was out of commission for at least 2 levels?
  • And how great was it that the Kaos Trap essentually broke the game even on Nightmare mode?
  • Did you take the Sheep Creep challenge on the forum? Yeah, good luck with that!
  • And how about those silly voting a character out polls that always appeared here. Seemed my favorites were always the first to go... (looking at you Head Rush)
  • Just how many Skylanders bit the dust trying to beat Kaos? 8 my first time. Took at least 20 minutes though.
  • 20 Minutes? That's nothing! The ending credits are just over 35 minutes. And absolutely nothing happens after the first 5, so that was a waste of time.
  • Mags. I love that hick!
  • Evil Mags...creepy but cool!
  • Light and Dark! New Elements! WOW...if you were able to find a set and were willing to pay $30 a set that is.
  • Not entirely sold on new elements as it's just white and black based characters. Yet Nightmare is a really cool looking character!
  • I spent at least $650 on Skylanders this year. Just how much would it be if I bought them all? Hmm? TOO MUCH!
  • Eon's Elite! WOW AWESOME!!! Errr....it's more like "Discounted Dorks" today. Sure they were a little more powerful but S1 repainted shinies makes me yawn. YAWN! I only bought the Stealth Elf at a nice discount and never got around to using her.
  • And wasn't it fun waiting...and waiting...and waiting for a Magic Trap Master to finally finish your game? We all knew Blastermind would suck as bad as he looks but we just had to have him as the game was out for 3 months and we just wanted to finally beat the game properly.
  • And how many of us actually bothered to get an Enigma when we were feeling SuperCharged over the lack of any Sky 5 news?
  • In fact, did we even bother to buy any of the last remainding Skylanders? I didn't!
  • And most of all, wasn't it a thrill to post here in the Trap Team section of Dark Spryo? I loved it! Where else would you get to meet and share about the Skylanders hobby with the best collection of Portal Masters around?

Anyway, now that we have a SuperChargers section here, please don't forget about the Trap Team section and visit every now and then. There are surely a few more fond Trap Team memories yet to come!

Also, please post and share your memories of Trap Team and of this section. I'm sure there are many more that I've forgotten about!
---
Stay Cool!
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#2 Posted: 20:35:25 30/05/2015
I'll never forget-

The endless hunt for a Kaos trap, then finding one in toys r us and screaming "YES" at the top of my lungs. Then W4 came and that all meant nothing.

The USA waiting period for wave 4.

The High Five contest that i never won. i then bought a high five just recently, and he's like popthorn 2.0!

The amazing skylander that is Knight Light! He will always hold a special place in my heart as the skylander that became my all time fave after zap's 4 year reign.

The sunscraper spire's amazing level design.

The awesome villains, like Mab Lobs, Brawl and Chain, Krankenstein, LUMINOUS, Eye Five, Lob Goblin, Chef Pepper Jack, Chomp Chest, and PAIN-YATTA.

The awesome skylanders, like High Five, Blastermind, Enigma, Knight Mare, Flip Wreck, Tread Head, Kaboom, Wildfire, Blackout, Echo, and more i can't remember.

and the fun memory of getting rid of most of the skylanders that weren't good.

the "get flip rekt m8" topic. git gud.

and most of all, the fun i've had. this game really tested my skylander limits and i can't wait for this october for superchargers!
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#3 Posted: 20:37:34 30/05/2015
I played Trap Team blind for my first Let's Play and I can say I kind of regret it now. Had to control myself a lot and stop every 30 minutes to restart the recording and only now I'm having real fun with the game. Not too proud of the LP either, in fact I have yet to finish editing/uploading it but can't bring myself to.
It was fun to have the new characters revealed with trailers and the mad goose chase to find a leaked poster, and how everyone freaked out when the website was finally updated, that was fun to watch. Other than that not too many good memories of the forum, I skipped the last month of hype(avoiding spoilers) to return to everyone gone sour grapes.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
The Bone Chompy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1201
#4 Posted: 02:34:30 31/05/2015
EDIT: nvm nvm
---
^This might be sarcasm.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:35:17 31/05/2015 by The Bone Chompy
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#5 Posted: 05:39:50 31/05/2015
The cores and trap masters were amazing in this game but the quality of the figures went down this year
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Gold_guardian Gold Sparx Gems: 2370
#6 Posted: 06:42:39 31/05/2015
I haven't really bothered to actually play the game other then to test out my figures to make sure they work correctly since I usually like to wait until I have the entire set before tackling it due to the bonuses you get for having more figures.

I think the thing I'll remember most is how dang hard some of the stuff was to get. Getting the Kaos trap was a real pain in the rear and super frustrating when I had everything else available at the time but not that. Just thinking about what will be the Kaos trap of the new game makes me turn green..

I also had lot's of frustrations waiting for weeks after you american's get figures for them to finally show up in Canada. The first couple of waves weren't too bad but after that I keep checking week after week after week waiting for stuff to show up. Heck even now two of the mini packs still aren't available in my country.

That said the biggest rush was on Christmas eve when Toys r us got the two new elemental packs in stock. They barely had any so being able to snag those went a long way to making me feel better during a time when I was super busy and tired from work.

The biggest difference for me now is Target closing down in Canada. So much for getting any of the skylanders that are exclusive to them anymore :< Plus they where often cheaper then other places. I had a really hard time finding an 8 trap pack and my mom ended up picking it up from Target for me when I was busy with work and they had it for like $20 cheaper then Toys r us or Eb games
---
~Canadian~
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#7 Posted: 07:26:51 31/05/2015
I am going to start My TT adventure next month . Its still a shiny new penny to me . The Portal is very very unique . Looks like an empty..... hot tub ?

So far the only thing getting old real fast is captured Sheep Creep making constant Baa Baa sounds
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
Iganagor Emerald Sparx Gems: 3552
#8 Posted: 07:31:35 31/05/2015
So you're that one person that spells 'Spyro' wrong in the title of a dedication... *facepalm*
---
Summoning a STUNFISK
1. Go to a beach - 2. Fall flat on the ground - 3. Recite Stunfisks fart-cry
4. Flop 618 times - You have a STUNFISK!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:32:19 31/05/2015 by Iganagor
Dark Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2623
#9 Posted: 08:26:07 31/05/2015
I only got 1-2 traps for each element.
---
Psn-Zydren8cookie, FC 3024-5345-8692
NinjaStealthElf Green Sparx Gems: 344
#10 Posted: 10:36:21 31/05/2015
I will never forget...

- Being excited for a new Skylanders game. I started with and finished Swap Force right before Trap Team came out, and I immediatly bought it.
- Finally getting the Kaos Trap!
- Getting the Dark Element Pack for Christmas.
- Finishing the game
LordElohim Yellow Sparx Gems: 1811
#11 Posted: 13:16:52 31/05/2015
My fondest memory of Trap Team is not having to deal with any of the Kaos trap drama. The TRU I bought Trap Team at had two full cases of Kaos at midnight, so not only did I get one, I got a second for a dollar, and sold it to a guy at the second TRU I went to for $6, having NO IDEA I could have gotten $50-$60 for it on eBay. I had no idea, on that day, that the Kaos trap was a unicorn, my TRU had almost as many as any other trap.
---
Hail Sithis
Eternal Harvest Green Sparx Gems: 356
#12 Posted: 01:28:54 01/06/2015
I can never forget
  • Getting the game the day it came out
  • Possibly taking another persons Gearshift
    Accidentally putting down the legendary Nightmare Express only for it to be taken by the kid next to me
    Preordering the Kaos Trap
    Finding Wallop at a Gamestop, in the mall.
    Finally being able to get Enigma
    Being the first person at my ToysRUs to get the Light and Dark Expansions
    Not getting High Five, Trailblazer, Bat Spin, Love Potion Pop Fizz, and Tuff Luck

This thread almost made me cry
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:29:47 01/06/2015 by Eternal Harvest
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#13 Posted: 04:28:28 01/06/2015

• Very fast releases this time around for the UK
  • The Kaos Trap wait
  • The fact that we still don't have Wave 5

Trap Team isn't even over yet.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:29:08 01/06/2015 by wreckingballbob
CyberTails Green Sparx Gems: 484
#14 Posted: 22:40:43 01/06/2015
I don't even forget about SSA and other than the unfair need for a Trap Master of each element to unlock all of the gates, Trap Team will always have a place in my heart
---
My Giants smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Skylander3112 Gold Sparx Gems: 2115
#15 Posted: 23:23:48 01/06/2015
My favourite memories are:
- Getting the game
- Unpacking the figures
- Finally getting the Kaos Trap
- Listening to all those villains song
- The fact that I completed Wave 3, 4 and 5 at the SAME TIME
-When I got the Light and Dark packs just yesterday!

Some not good memories are:
- My wallet 'bleeding' from buying too much
Scraps Red Sparx Gems: 52
#16 Posted: 06:22:43 03/06/2015
Since I haven't beat the game nor has it really died down where I am, I don't feel like it's quite time to say goodbye just yet. smilie

But I will share a fond memory. Getting the Kaos Trap for Christmas from my sister. She had pre-ordered one for my nephew and forgot all about it. She bought another one by mistake and it arrived at her house late December. She gave it to me. So she didn't even have to pay crazy prices for it. smilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me