Page 1 of 1
Are Minis Worth It?
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5683
#1 Posted: 12:34:27 30/05/2015 | Topic Creator
So, I am getting close to being done with Trap Team. Just got ten characters to go, but then something struck me: Don't the minis count as separate characters as well?

Well, they have a separate spot in the collection screen, they have their own model, and don't have a Wow-Pow (nullifying the fact that they are true reposes) But they are also the same as their bigger counterparts, just smaller.

I already have eight minis, the ones from the Frito-Lay promos, am I missing out on much? Should I even get the other eight minis?
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#2 Posted: 12:39:37 30/05/2015
Unless you really like a certain character, no, not at all. You only need one to unlock a trinket(and even then there's the Chill Bill glitch), and they're really S1s with different stats and mobility.
I only got Hijinx loose since she's pretty cheap and easier to find than LC Hex nowadays(yeah I know I missed the SF free ones before they were gone from the face of ebay), but really only because of the character.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:45:37 30/05/2015 by Bifrost
ImDoubleTrouble Gold Sparx Gems: 2435
#3 Posted: 12:43:07 30/05/2015
They don't do anything more than a core figure, but their price is cheaper so I guess they were trying to attract buyers because of their cheaper price. It's really up to you, if you have versions of the characters already then it may not be worth the price, if your a hardcore fan then you'll probably want to get them anyway. Me - I have none as of yet as I prioritize variants 1st because of their rarity, then new characters and items I haven't got, if I still have money after that and can afford it I would go back to finish up.
---
smilie Ooga BOO! smilie
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5683
#4 Posted: 13:06:06 30/05/2015 | Topic Creator
Well, I already have all the S1s from prvious games, and besides Barkley (which I own) I don't have any other Minis I like. So, it might not be worth it, as I hardly play as them anyways.
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#5 Posted: 13:27:23 30/05/2015
I'm hoping there will be the following new Minis:

Star Strike
Pop Fizz
Chopper
Boomer
Flashwing
Dino-Rang
Warnado
Scratch
Sunburn
Hot Dog
Echo
Zap
Camo
High Five
Cynder
Roller Brawl
#6 Posted: 13:38:14 30/05/2015
Quote: TheShadowDragon

Star Strike
Pop Fizz
Chopper
Boomer
Flashwing
Dino-Rang
Warnado
Scratch
Sunburn
Hot Dog
Echo
Zap
Camo
High Five
Cynder
Roller Brawl

Not Bad, but i'm thinking more like this:
Double Trouble
Lightning Rod
Wrecking Ball
Pop Fizz
Zoo Lou
Pop Thorn (Deflated)
Rocky Roll
Dune Bug
Short Cut
Gearshift
---
smilie Ooga BOO! smilie
ExcitonKnight Gold Sparx Gems: 2745
#7 Posted: 15:45:58 30/05/2015
IMHO, They aren't worth it.
---
Merry Christmas ya filthy animal
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#8 Posted: 16:03:51 30/05/2015
I have collected 8 minis so far but have yet to buy a Trap Master.
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
DragonShine Yellow Sparx Gems: 1539
#9 Posted: 16:11:22 30/05/2015
Depends on your style really. And you only need one. I love them cause they look like the skylander had a cute lil baby smilie

I hope spot light and black out get minis to make shipping them more fun! smilie
---
Still trying to recruit to my dragon army:S2 Bash, S2 Zap, Thorn Horn Camo, S1 Whirlwind,s1 Cynder
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:12:26 30/05/2015 by DragonShine
Qcumber Yellow Sparx Gems: 1054
#10 Posted: 16:29:20 30/05/2015
Quote: ImDoubleTrouble

Star Strike
Pop Fizz
Chopper
Boomer
Flashwing
Dino-Rang
Warnado
Scratch
Sunburn
Hot Dog
Echo
Zap
Camo
High Five
Cynder
Roller Brawl

Double Trouble
Lightning Rod
Wrecking Ball
Pop Fizz
Zoo Lou
Pop Thorn (Deflated)
Rocky Roll
Dune Bug
Short Cut
Gearshift

How would Popped Thorn work? He would be losing half of his attacks/upgrades.

The only Minis I want are Chop Chop, Blades, Spotlight, and Blackout.
---
You can't handle MEMES
#11 Posted: 17:43:00 30/05/2015
Quote: Qcumber

Star Strike
Pop Fizz
Chopper
Boomer
Flashwing
Dino-Rang
Warnado
Scratch
Sunburn
Hot Dog
Echo
Zap
Camo
High Five
Cynder
Roller Brawl

Double Trouble
Lightning Rod
Wrecking Ball
Pop Fizz
Zoo Lou
Pop Thorn (Deflated)
Rocky Roll
Dune Bug
Short Cut
Gearshift

Popped Thorn would be the figure and when he enters the game he starts popped rather than puffed.
---
smilie Ooga BOO! smilie
ShinkenRed Gold Sparx Gems: 2651
#12 Posted: 18:14:13 30/05/2015
Quote: Qcumber

Star Strike
Pop Fizz
Chopper
Boomer
Flashwing
Dino-Rang
Warnado
Scratch
Sunburn
Hot Dog
Echo
Zap
Camo
High Five
Cynder
Roller Brawl

Double Trouble
Lightning Rod
Wrecking Ball
Pop Fizz
Zoo Lou
Pop Thorn (Deflated)
Rocky Roll
Dune Bug
Short Cut
Gearshift

I'd imagine it would be just like Pop Fizz: The figure is in one form, yet the character can switch ingame.
---
Unique Character roster:
S:SA: 32/32, S:G: 16/16, S:SF: 32/32, S:TT: 36/36
wild_defender Green Sparx Gems: 465
#13 Posted: 22:54:23 31/05/2015
Overall I'd say only the giant minis are worth it. , eye small , Barkley etc.
There considerably smaller size then the GiANTS makes them feel and play like different characters . It gives them a new medium. So if you like the Giants, they're worth getting.

The other minis just arnt that different enough to make a difference gameplay wise e.g. The trigger happy mini is only a fraction smaller then the regular one in game.
---
Anyone else think Short Cut should be making jokes about running with scissors?
Street50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#14 Posted: 18:21:34 01/06/2015
I'd like Chill and Roller Brawl as a mini.
But you only really get them for cuteness factor.
Sworn2Skylands Yellow Sparx Gems: 1353
#15 Posted: 01:40:17 03/06/2015
To the question this thread poses, you might not like my answer: It depends on the mini.

As zookinator mentioned, minis are the same Skylander without a Wow Pow! Power and are shrunken down with ridiculously high-pitched voices. That being said, the Skylander the mini is based on and how good you are with it are big factors. Here are some more:

Some minis like Breeze and Drobit have winning abilities just by virtue of who they are based on and are great picks if you don't have their counterparts (which in this case are Whirlwind and Drobot). Very few others (like Pet-Vac) have awful abilities and tend to struggle.

Some minis like Barkley actually benefit from being shrunken down and may be even better picks than their counterparts. In this case, Barkley's counterpart (Tree Rex) can have very powerful ranged abilities under Lumbering Laserer, but is an easy target. However, since Barkley is shrunken down, that goes away and you can really appreciate the powerful ranged attacks he has to offer.

Some minis that specialize in close range attacks (like Whisper Elf and Bop) actually suffer from being shrunken down. Certainly, they are harder to hit, but because of their reduced size, their attacks don't reach as far and it takes more effort to hit an enemy.

So you might want to look up the Skylander the mini is based on before you commit to buying it.
Boomer05 Red Sparx Gems: 52
#16 Posted: 22:25:31 01/07/2015
They aren't really useful if you already have the character.
---
Kaos vs Bowser!! My life is complete.
jesse217 Blue Sparx Gems: 696
#17 Posted: 23:29:08 01/07/2015
I like to use them, they're cheaper then cores, i guess they're more for those who never had the chance of getting the older figures. Would have been nice if there was more things they could do in game.
---
Currently playing:
Resident evil Revelations, Sword Art Online Hollow Fragment
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#18 Posted: 06:37:32 02/07/2015
The "giant" minis are a bit more worth it. The contrast with their normal counterpart is more fun than the others. Plus, they don't have any other reposes, whereas all of the core minis have had at least one Series+, and some lightcore as well (also, several are getting revamps in SuperChargers).
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#19 Posted: 10:25:16 02/07/2015
They new and different . Yeah i know some have been around before but this time you can play with them . I have lots of Cores and Gimmicklanders collected from previous games . Minis , traps and light / dark elements gives veteran Portal masters something else to have fun with .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#20 Posted: 11:30:54 02/07/2015
definitive mini spyro is worth it, he is so cute smilie
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
ladala Yellow Sparx Gems: 1935
#21 Posted: 16:08:43 02/07/2015
IMO, minis are definitely worth it if you don't have the original characters, since they add new gameplay, but are much cheaper. They are also worth it if you really like the original character, and like cute things. I just got the Breeze/Pet Vac pack for both reasons (Love Whirlwind, and don't have Jet Vac) and love them!

Giants minis are weird because they still feel like Giants. They move and attack much more slowly than you'd expect from something so small. At least, Mini-jini does. Not sure how the others feel, but its probably similar.

From a collection standpoint, I wouldn't count them for 100%, unless you're also counting Eon's Elite. They're just another way Activision is repackaging the same characters over and over again, and feel that you shouldn't get them unless you actually want them.
---
Thank you for releasing me!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me