darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > Theory: Reposed characters as Gimmick-landers?
Page 1 of 1
Theory: Reposed characters as Gimmick-landers? [CLOSED]
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#1 Posted: 11:05:31 30/05/2015 | Topic Creator
Based on the description on the Amazon listing:

Quote:
-Starter Pack Includes: Video Game, New Portal of Power, 2 Skylanders SuperChargers - Spitfire and Super Shot Stealth Elf, 1 Skylanders Vehicle - Hot Steak, and Collection Poster featuring the complete set of Skylanders Superchargers and their vehicles.
-With all of Skylands on the verge of collapse, a special team called the SuperChargers has been assembled to pilot an unstoppable fleet of incredible vehicles.

Do you think this means Stealth Elf and some other unannounced reposed characters will have the same features as the new gimmick-landers? Could we have two sets of reposed: one that is related to the new gimmick and the other are regular reposed?
---
bye
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#2 Posted: 11:07:18 30/05/2015
That's what I thought myself after initially reading that.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
wild_defender Green Sparx Gems: 465
#3 Posted: 11:20:04 30/05/2015
Yeah I thought the same.

I'm still just thinking its a typo, but I think overall reposing old skylanders as gimic landers would be a great idea in comparison to normal reposes.

theres too many skylanders these days. I'm all in favour for revamping some old guys as long as they are reposed in a good way, and making them gimic landers would make them pretty different and interesting again.
---
Anyone else think Short Cut should be making jokes about running with scissors?
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#4 Posted: 11:44:36 30/05/2015
I actually thought the same.
It's indeed an odd and ambiguos description.

I wouldn't like that decision honestly.
I want brand new characters not reposes.
If they want to make less Skylanders I'm ok with it but they shouldn't "damage" the new characters in favor of reposes.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#5 Posted: 12:06:55 30/05/2015
Quote: Drek95

If they want to make less Skylanders I'm ok with it but they shouldn't "damage" the new characters in favor of reposes.

IMHO I don't think that reposes sold very well, but I think that the minis did. The minis were basically reposes 2.0. They were a new twist on an old classic, and I think that's what they are going for here. I think it makes sense. It would have been similar to saying in Swap Force that 8 Veteran Skylanders went with the soon to be Swap Force to the volcano and now those 8 classic characters can Swap.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
GinjaNinja Gold Sparx Gems: 2604
#6 Posted: 12:17:23 30/05/2015
I think it means Superchargers and us Superchargers characters, not gimmick. So Spit Fire would be a gimmick and Stealth Elf is just getting a repose again. Terrible choice for starter package again if you ask me. Anyway, if Stealth Elf is now a gimmick Supercharger skylander, that raises a few questions:

1) Can I use ANY Stealth Elf to drive the vehicle or can I only use the NEW Stealth Elf?
2) What will the pricing be for the gimmick landers if they have both new, bigger toys ($15 usually) and core toys ($10 usually)?
ImDoubleTrouble Gold Sparx Gems: 2435
#7 Posted: 12:18:10 30/05/2015
Quote: ninja9351
Quote: Drek95

IMHO I don't think that reposes sold very well, but I think that the minis did. The minis were basically reposes 2.0. They were a new twist on an old classic, and I think that's what they are going for here. I think it makes sense. It would have been similar to saying in Swap Force that 8 Veteran Skylanders went with the soon to be Swap Force to the volcano and now those 8 classic characters can Swap.

@Drek95 - Exactly what I was saying before, new characters should be priority, reposes are there for hardcore collectors, fans of the character or for people who didn't get the character before and allows for usage on older games as well. Eg: Stealth Elf getting a repose will likely mean people with the first game will also be able to play as her. This means they're more likely to be bought even from players of older games in the franchise. Still think minis is a better option though and hope they become further expanded upon.

@ninja9351 Have to agree. The Minis are more unique as opposed to just a repose with a wow pow. It would be nice to see minis expanded, like zones they can access that other skylanders can't. It would also make sense to add wow pows to them to make them even more worthwhile.
---
smilie Ooga BOO! smilie
Blink182Bouncer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1659
#8 Posted: 14:32:25 30/05/2015
I would like that idea if it was in ADDITION to the 10 or 20 new gimmicklanders.
Kind of reminds me of my dad when Giants came out
In our first game when Eon said you needed a Giant he'd try to use, say, S2 Prism Break, because it said Giants on the package.
---
Still Waiting For Legendary Tom DeLonge To Come In The Blink-182 Triple Pack.
WHY DID THEY MAKE MATT SKIBA "CALIFORNIA EDITION EXCLUSIVE"
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#9 Posted: 16:55:57 30/05/2015
I honestly don't think they will stop making new skylanders. That said,new ones and reposes are not exclusive, both could be used as superchargers.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#10 Posted: 04:54:02 31/05/2015
Ok so according to the Amazon listing it says 2 supercharger skylanders aka Spitfire and Sure Shot Stealth Elf. While this may not be literal (It may just be she is a core from SSC) it still seems a bit suspicious.
My theory is that the remakes this time around will be superchargers alongside the regular superchargers. Then again there is a lot of stuff unanswered about the mechanics of this game so far so it's anyone's guess.

edit: Oh so that is where my thread went, it already had a thread.
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:50:17 31/05/2015 by Windumup
#11 Posted: 07:03:21 31/05/2015
They probably just meant "2 SuperCharger figures" just like Trap Team's Starter Pack had 2 Trap Team's figures, except this time the name of the Gimmicklanders coincides with the game's.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:50:49 31/05/2015 by TTD
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#12 Posted: 07:14:17 31/05/2015 | Topic Creator
I also feel like we are gonna get Reposed with Superchargers features, that would be a nice twist to the usual Reposed formula.
---
bye
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:51:10 31/05/2015 by TTD
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#13 Posted: 12:45:48 31/05/2015
Quote: newkill
I also feel like we are gonna get Reposed with Superchargers features, that would be a nice twist to the usual Reposed formula.

I'll definitely accept reposes more if like this, but I don't want 1/3 of the new guys to be hybrid reposes either.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:51:40 31/05/2015 by TTD
#14 Posted: 12:57:08 31/05/2015
Quote: TakeYourLemons
Quote: newkill

I'll definitely accept reposes more if like this, but I don't want 1/3 of the new guys to be hybrid reposes either.

Yes it would be an interesting new twist but they should keep it as an "extra".

Let's say two brand new Cores and Gimmicklanders per Element and then one repose with similar functions.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:03:18 31/05/2015 by Drek95
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me