Page 1 of 1
Finally! some under sea adventures
wild_defender Green Sparx Gems: 465
#1 Posted: 09:58:23 30/05/2015 | Topic Creator
Vehicles gonna work on land , Sky and Under sea.

Finally some under sea action. Something a lot of people have wanted .

Might get some diverse and new levels this time besides ice,forest, dessert etc.
---
Anyone else think Short Cut should be making jokes about running with scissors?
BlackWing116 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1480
#2 Posted: 09:59:03 30/05/2015
Quote: wild_defender

Might get some diverse and new levels this time besides ice,forest, dessert etc.

Is this confirmed?
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#3 Posted: 10:03:34 30/05/2015
Quote: BlackWing116

Is this confirmed?

Story summary pretty much hints it.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#4 Posted: 10:13:37 30/05/2015
I sincerely hope it isn't a feature limited to vehicles.

Would LOVE to swim underwater with Thumpback or Snap Shot! smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
ImDoubleTrouble Gold Sparx Gems: 2435
#5 Posted: 10:39:51 30/05/2015
Underwater, yes please. There is so much they can do with this and can't wait to hear more about.
---
smilie Ooga BOO! smilie
#6 Posted: 10:46:52 30/05/2015 | Topic Creator
Yeah I'm really hoping for the same. Finding hidden areas through diving would be rad.

But even if it is just a vehicle exclusive mission thing or something I'm still glad we'll get some more diversity in how our levels look and function etc.
so many levels have been bright orange or green with sunny skies ( is it that hard to makes it cloudy for once !?!?) in the past 2 games. I want a bigger mix of colours that don't all burn my retinas lol. Under the sea should hopefully at least imply a little bit of blue darkness.
---
Blink182Bouncer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1659
#7 Posted: 14:18:30 30/05/2015
I'm more interested in the sky levels
There were only 2 levels in TT with blue skies. (Soda Springs and Time Town)
---
Still Waiting For Legendary Tom DeLonge To Come In The Blink-182 Triple Pack.
WHY DID THEY MAKE MATT SKIBA "CALIFORNIA EDITION EXCLUSIVE"
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#8 Posted: 14:21:03 30/05/2015
I think the Sky levels are more like the Air gates or something, since the areas are already in the sky to begin with. Maybe some chase across airships or a man-made airship port.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#9 Posted: 16:57:06 30/05/2015
I hate undersea action in games. I have always hate it, in all games. I don't think " a lot of people have wanted that".
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
#10 Posted: 22:42:16 30/05/2015
Quote: angelg
I hate undersea action in games. I have always hate it, in all games. I don't think " a lot of people have wanted that".

They can be "gimmicky" and hard to deal with at time, but I am personally really happy about this.
SA had vast water zones for Water characters to swim in and Giants had them inside some Heroics.

SWAP Force and Trap Team completely wiped them out and that's a pity because it would bring diversity to the gameplay.
Even more now that we'll have underwater areas.

Believe me, judging by the comments last year a lot of people wanted them. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#11 Posted: 23:29:38 30/05/2015 | Topic Creator

There was definitely alot of people suggesting a bigger water area focus. Your strong opinion of " I hate anything to do with underwater " would be less common.

Not many people care as strongly as you do and even though underwater adventures definitely arnt peoples favourite adventure game themes, most people will side with getting more diverse content themes in a game as apposed to not.
---
#12 Posted: 16:02:00 31/05/2015

There was definitely alot of people suggesting a bigger water area focus. Your strong opinion of " I hate anything to do with underwater " would be less common.

Not many people care as strongly as you do and even though underwater adventures definitely arnt peoples favourite adventure game themes, most people will side with getting more diverse content themes in a game as apposed to not.

Difficult to say how many people will be happy or unhappy about it before the game is released. Once we know if these undersea levels are good or bad then I'll guess the community will have a more solid opinion based on actual gameplay. For now we can only speculate on how many people want them. Sure, we all want more diverse content, as long as the content is worth.

To be honest I would love to have flight levels with flying skylanders and even swimming areas like we used to have, but not with vehicles, submarines and helicopters, is reduces the uniqueness of characters. Addtionally I will say than Ilove swimming areas, but underwater levels are completely different, controls are obvisously different and sometimes it ma break the rythm of gameplay.

We'll know it for sure how good it is whem the game is outsmilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:35:41 31/05/2015 by angelg
#13 Posted: 16:07:21 31/05/2015
There are good underwater levels out there, it's just harder to make work than regular ones. Same for ice levels, which the games have done nicely with by not abusing the slipping gimmick because they know it's not fun.
---
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#14 Posted: 18:46:16 31/05/2015
Nobody else did this joke yet so I will.

But now in all seriousness, I'm interested to see what these "vehicle zones" will be, if they're explorable areas or if they will just be little distractions like the Swap Zones.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Skylander3112 Gold Sparx Gems: 2115
#15 Posted: 00:58:42 01/06/2015
I hope that the Water and Air Skylanders can gett to participatte in those adventures too.
shadowfox Platinum Sparx Gems: 5084
#16 Posted: 02:22:56 01/06/2015
I wonder if the undersea levels will be side scroll portions since vv had many of those in trap team.
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#17 Posted: 02:58:57 01/06/2015
In before water/air/etc are the same as on land but with slight differences (slow for water, etc) and the element of your skylander won't matter (such as a water type moving faster)
---
#all Spyros are valid
#18 Posted: 07:43:59 01/06/2015
Quote: Skylander3112
I hope that the Water and Air Skylanders can gett to participatte in those adventures too.

I hope this as well, I would love to fly around with knight light without the need of an airplane, unfortunately I don't think that will happen, it would reduce the necessity of getting the gimmick smilie
---
#19 Posted: 07:55:22 01/06/2015

I hope this as well, I would love to fly around with knight light without the need of an airplane, unfortunately I don't think that will happen, it would reduce the necessity of getting the gimmick smilie

Don't even talk about "necessity" of getting the gimmick.

After last year where a lot of people complained about the lack of needing more Trap Masters outside of Snap Shot, only to complain again after hearing about Traptanium Elemental Gates (that didn't reduced Core importance since you could easily open them and then switch characters) I would really appreciate if we could avoid talking about the "need" of buying a specific gimmick.

Thanks.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
diddy50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2554
#20 Posted: 08:38:35 01/06/2015
True that! Let's not give any ideas again.
#21 Posted: 14:29:33 01/06/2015
Quote: Drek95

Don't even talk about "necessity" of getting the gimmick.

After last year where a lot of people complained about the lack of needing more Trap Masters outside of Snap Shot, only to complain again after hearing about Traptanium Elemental Gates (that didn't reduced Core importance since you could easily open them and then switch characters) I would really appreciate if we could avoid talking about the "need" of buying a specific gimmick.

Thanks.

Will answer to this later.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:49:36 01/06/2015 by angelg
#22 Posted: 14:51:25 01/06/2015
"Don't even talk about X" is an hyperbole, Drek wasn't directly attacking your idea. It's the same thing as saying "don't give them ideas", we know it's not that likely, it's just to be facetious.
(That was towards the non edited post,btw, it might lose the meaning)
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:52:31 01/06/2015 by Bifrost
#23 Posted: 16:50:25 01/06/2015
Quote: Bifrost
"Don't even talk about X" is an hyperbole, Drek wasn't directly attacking your idea. It's the same thing as saying "don't give them ideas", we know it's not that likely, it's just to be facetious.

Yes, absolutely no direct attack whatsoever!

It's just that I think no character is "needed" and that we shouldn't complain about needing a motivation to buy X because of the things he can do/unlock as a special Skylander.
However I do agree that they should add more things to do for ALL the characters inside the game (increased level cap, Quests, Heroics/Bonus Missions.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:06:51 01/06/2015 by Drek95
#24 Posted: 17:13:42 01/06/2015
Quote: Bifrost

Thanks for the explanation Bifrost, that's kind of you smilie At first I missunderstood the post, but then I realize the meaning smilie

Yeah I know what you mean Drek, and I agree. I don't need any new gimmick to buy the game, I would rather go with other features like online, more rpg elements (like being able to distribute your experience freely through your stats) and maybe a level design which would grant a bit more freedom.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me