Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Hiveswap [CLOSED]
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6082
#1 Posted: 02:19:44 30/05/2015 | Topic Creator
For Homestucks and others alike, a topic about What Pumpkin Studios' upcoming point-and-click adventure game, Hiveswap! Part 1 of 4 is slated to be released sometime in 2015.

90s kid Joey Claire finds a portal in her attic that leads to another world, the alien planet of Alternia. It's up to Joey and her friends, human and troll alike, to stop a doomsday device that threatens both Alternia and Earth.

DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#2 Posted: 03:49:44 30/05/2015
I can't wait for this game. <3

I'm still really pissed with myself that I missed the Kickstarter for it though. I didn't have Paypal at the time. >__<
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
#3 Posted: 17:15:42 30/05/2015 | Topic Creator
I didn't even know about Homestuck proper until about two years after the Kickstarter. ;_; I would have backed the heck out of this thing.
Underian Emerald Sparx Gems: 3095
#4 Posted: 17:33:24 30/05/2015
Im pissed off I didnt have money for the kickstarter at the time. I've been in the Homestuck fandom for like 3 years now.
#5 Posted: 02:20:10 31/05/2015
I got into Homestuck in 2012, around June. So I'm currently now a 3 year Homestuck fan. And I caught up to the latest updates around just before '[s] Caliborn: Enter'.

Although I've actually heard about Homestuck a lot earlier, like 2010 early, when Act 5 was going on. Since like I've seen a lot of people on the internet including this forum having troll avatars/banners as early as 2010 so I was always curious about it. It just took me a couple of years to actually get into it because before I actually got into Homestuck I gave up two or three times in the first act. So it took me until 2012 to decide that I will be persistent and get up to Act 5. Although I actually started getting into it at Act 3.

I honestly wish I got into it a lot earlier though, like back in 2010, because I feel that Act 5 would have been a better experience being a serial reader, and there are some places in Act 5 that I would have loved to talk to the community about and be a serial reader with (and see their reactions), such as the first part of Act 5, murderstuck, Vriska's talks to John (and death) and FL1P. Although at the same time I feel that the beginning of Act 6 would have been terrible for serial readers (considering it came after Cascade) and I was very happy to read that part quickly, so I'm a bit conflicted.
---
#6 Posted: 04:30:13 31/05/2015 | Topic Creator
While I'd heard of Homestuck as early as 2009/10, I'm glad I didn't read it until 2013 (right before the Gigapause). I would have gone insane waiting for updates through some of the story stuff and probably would have given up on it. Also I'm glad I got to have the novel experience of being around for a few updates at that exact time because it was the only thing that helped me get through the events that have led to me being in therapy today. XD

I tried to read it sometime in 2011-ish, I think, but couldn't make it past the first act. Then an old friend of mine kept posting really cute Kanaya/Vriska and fan troll art and I decided to give it one more shot. I was pretty attached to the Beta kids by the end of Act 2 and really hated the trolls at first because I wanted the kids to come back. XD The trolls grew on me, though. Then I transferred my dislike/meh to the Alpha kids. :D I'm still pretty "meh" about them (and actively dislike Jake for some personal reasons; the only characters I dislike more are the entire Ampora bloodline; even Caliborn and Gamzee are at least decent villains (who get what they deserve several times to make up for their nastiness)). But Jane, Roxy and Dirk are slowly growing on me the way the Beta and troll kids did. I'm hoping Jake will redeem himself because I did like him up until he showed his true colors in the Trickster arc.

Oh wait, this is a Hiveswap topic. XD

I'm already a big fan of Joey and Xefros in Hiveswap. :) Not sure how I feel about Dammek and Jude yet. Jude is starting to sound pretty fun (reminds me of my old roommate), but I have a hard time believing that Dammek isn't kind of a jerk just based on his design. Watch him turn out to be my favorite troll forever somehow. :D Got some love/hate for Trizza, too; that design rocks and I can just tell she's going to be the kind of villain I enjoy.
#7 Posted: 12:36:15 02/06/2015
Yeah I might just respond to your homestuck post in my own homestuck topic lol. xD

Yeah I can see myself loving Joey, Xefros and Dammek. I'm also really love the looks of that teal blood troll girl (who currently has the placeholder name 'Rebel Marshall'). I can really see her being one of my favourites.

I'm wondering if the aspects and classes will be introduced, since that's a major part sburb.
---
#8 Posted: 22:56:56 02/06/2015 | Topic Creator
It's hard to say about the classpects since Hiveswap is confirmed to not have anything to do with SGRUB/BURB.

I don't know if I've seen Rebel. Where does she show up in the reveals so far?
#9 Posted: 00:49:00 03/06/2015
Ah ok cool. I haven't caught up to the latest information of Hiveswap, so I'm still a bit hazy on what it's about and stuff.

And Rebel is the one on the right:
[User Posted Image]
---
#10 Posted: 13:34:22 03/06/2015 | Topic Creator
Oh, I have seen her! Didn't know she had a fan name, though, and I kept thinking she was one of the two canon fantrolls that made it into the game (but both of those are higher on the hemospectrum).
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me