Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Favorite Moments in the Spyro Franchise
Page 1 of 1
Favorite Moments in the Spyro Franchise [CLOSED]
spyrolvr96 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1214
#1 Posted: 15:07:32 28/05/2015 | Topic Creator
What are your guys' favorite moments in the games?

I have to say the first flight segment in ANB is definitely one of mine. I mean, yeah, the enemies are kind of annoying, but the atmosphere for it is just so good (that music is beautiful) and it's kinda awesome being the first time Spyro's actually flying under his own power, without magic or anything (unless I'm forgetting something in a side game). If it was handled slightly differently (no enemies), it would've been perfect.
---
The thing I never really wrapped my brain around until now was in order to be remembered, in order to leave something significant behind, you have to leave
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9329
#2 Posted: 19:39:14 28/05/2015
Quote: spyrolvr96
What are your guys' favorite moments in the games?

I have to say the first flight segment in ANB is definitely one of mine. I mean, yeah, the enemies are kind of annoying, but the atmosphere for it is just so good (that music is beautiful) and it's kinda awesome being the first time Spyro's actually flying under his own power, without magic or anything (unless I'm forgetting something in a side game). If it was handled slightly differently (no enemies), it would've been perfect.

Well techinically it isn't the first time Spyro is "flying" on his own, he can fly in the original games, and you could argue that he was able to "freefly" instead of flying on a set path.

I love how the cutscenes were handled in Spyro 2, they just hit the soft spot for me. There is a lot of satisfying moments where you complete challenges, and obtain collectibles, and that great atmospheric feeling of getting somewhere; where you can view the whole part of a level, as an example, getting to the highest point of the castle in Autumn Plains.
spyrolvr96 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1214
#3 Posted: 20:07:53 28/05/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
Well techinically it isn't the first time Spyro is "flying" on his own, he can fly in the original games, and you could argue that he was able to "freefly" instead of flying on a set path.

Well, he can glide. He can fly in Speedways, but I feel like that has magic affecting it (I think it's mentioned somewhere, but I can't remember), since he doesn't fly anywhere else. The only other times I can think of are during the Ripto fight, which uses those powered orb things, and flight gates in YotD.
---
The thing I never really wrapped my brain around until now was in order to be remembered, in order to leave something significant behind, you have to leave
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6124
#4 Posted: 20:50:00 29/05/2015
The flying in the originals was so much better done than it was in DotD. You could actually fly where you wanted, even if it was for just a few levels. It was great.

Favorite moments:

Spyro 1
"It feels like I've been trapped in here for ages."
"Oh no..."
"Why, I remember when...!"
"Uh, gotta go!"

Spyro 2
Every scene with Elora and every scene with the Fracture Hills fauns. Also the disturbing murders involving the Magma Cone fauns. Those were kind of awesome in a creepy way. :D

Spyro 3
Beating tens of thousands of gems out of Moneybags. Best. Thing. Ever.

EtD
The thieves' lair. It was really nonsensical but it was such a pretty level.

AHT
Teena the hyena.

Shadow Legacy
The adorable lady dragon who had some very suggestive reading material in her house. XD

ANB
Sparx admitting Cynder was hot.

TEN
Gaul. Everything with Gaul.

DotD
Twilight Falls was a nice level and pretty much the last good part of the game before it all fell to crap.

Skylanders
A return to the spirit of the original trilogy, huzzah!
Queen_Cynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1694
#5 Posted: 09:35:04 11/06/2015
Aah I have so many moments throughout Spyro that I love!!

I looove Spyro's interactions with all of the dragons in the first game, but my favorites are probably his convo with Tomas in Artisan's world (the "don't be afraid" bit), the "I hate those bugs!" talk in High Caves, and "You gotta believe!" in Gnorc Cove haha. I think they were so cute and just really enjoyable!

I also love beating up Moneybags in YotD!!! Also Sheila in general, although especially the side scrolling platformer, she lent herself surprisingly well to that and I would love to see a spinoff game someday with her in a Mario-style side scrolling platform game omg!!

I also really reallyyyy love Theives Den as a whole in EtD. I loved having the thieves as allies and being able to communicate with them, I loved the level design in general and it was just a really great level!

I looove Ember in AHT <3 She's so cute and still one of my fav characters.

In ANB, I love the entire final boss fight with Cynder, especially entering Convexity and everything after that. I also really enjoy the opening to each level because I really really love the level designs and it's fun to just get your first peak at what you're about to go into!
---
I know my username says Queen but I’m a guy I’m just gay : (
CrystalFissure Blue Sparx Gems: 626
#6 Posted: 15:04:04 11/06/2015
The times when you say no to Moneybags. Or when you don't have enough gems. Here's a video that SpyroCoolLP made showing some of this dialogue; there's actually info you wouldn't usually listen to (such as Moneybags admitting he supplied Zephyr with the bombs and TNT to continue the war against Breeze Harbor.

WFLD Emerald Sparx Gems: 3647
#7 Posted: 16:48:05 11/06/2015
Did I find an innuendo in that compilation somewhere?
Quote: Moneybags
Sorry, Spyro, but it looks like you don't have enough cash...I bet you spent all your money on those flirtatious fauns in Fracture Hills. You always were a sucker for a pretty face.

smilie
Project_Unnamed Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10445
#8 Posted: 18:20:20 11/06/2015
Quote: WFLD
Did I find an innuendo in that compilation somewhere?
Quote: Moneybags
Sorry, Spyro, but it looks like you don't have enough cash...I bet you spent all your money on those flirtatious fauns in Fracture Hills. You always were a sucker for a pretty face.

smilie

I guess now we know the reason why Spyro did miss his chance with Elora in the first place, don’t we?

But now back to the topic, shall we? I will list my favourite or most memorable moments in Spyro franchise by game. Here I go.

Spyro the Dragon
Somehow the time when I feel most soothing and comfortable during the walkthrough of this game is when I play Dream Weavers and Gnasty’s Loot.

Gateway to Glimmer
The flight from top of the Autumn Plains tower to the orb located in that distant “island” is one of the highlights to me when I play this game. And of course Moneybags moments are cool and somehow entertaining him being the hot shot, arms dealer and whatnot who has single most power over the realm after Ripto is quite amusing.

Year of the Dragon
This is both a great and a sad moment but I enjoy the moment when one has finished the game 117 % and reads the final page of the epilogue.

Enter the Dragonfly
The whole level of Thieves’ Den and the hilarious moments when graphics fail and make important portions of the levels totally invisible.

A Hero’s Tail
This is tough one. Probably the difference in conceptual contrast when adventuring in either Cloudy Domain or Sunken Ruins but I must give this to the mega level of Volcanic Isle from Stormy Beach all the way to Red’s Lab.

A New Beginning
The moment when you get the Earth Tornado attack.

The Eternal Night
Story, cutscenes, Earth Flail, Electric Orb, Electric Tornado and Dragon Time those are things that come to my mind in terms of creating memorable moments.

Dawn of the Dragon
This is highly volatile opinion but when the credits and post-credits cutscenes are over. This game is just necessary evil to play through in my regular walkthroughs of Spyro games.

So there you are… these are usually a small things but things are objects and subjects that create moments but yeah…
---
I might give you more opinions... for a small fee of course.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me