darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > Do the games need more experience during the campaign?
Page 1 of 1
Do the games need more experience during the campaign?
ShinkenRed Gold Sparx Gems: 2651
#1 Posted: 21:36:02 26/05/2015 | Topic Creator
This is posted in the Trap Team section, but it's really a question for all the console games in the series (I've read many saying that the 3DS games are wonderful for leveling characters). Full disclosure; I've learned through playing various JRPGs over the years to not put all my eggs in one basket, so I always try to rotate my characters around to keep them all within a decent level of each other.

That being said, I always fight Kaos for the first time with an army of Skylanders around 1/2 - 3/4 their max level with only a small handful reaching max before the big showdown, if any. In Spyro's Adventure I fought Kaos with 2 10's and several 6-7s. Giants I had about three at 13 with the rest being around 8 or 9. Swap Force had a few at 14 with the remaining being around 9-10. Trap Team... let's not talk about the massacre of the Trap Team.

And before anyone asks, I do my first playthrough on the level that gives the most experience (easy for Giants, Hard for Swap Force/Trap Team. I would start on nightmare if I could).

I'm not saying killing a chompie should instantly level my level 1 Blast Zone to lvl 6, but I do honestly think the games need to have more experience buffs if they hope to see people collect as many figures as they can. But, admittedly, it could just be my playstyle of trying to rotate characters around for my playthroughs. I'd love to hear your opinions.
---
Unique Character roster:
S:SA: 32/32, S:G: 16/16, S:SF: 32/32, S:TT: 36/36
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#2 Posted: 21:41:04 26/05/2015
I think there should be someplace specifically for level up. Not an arena for gold and XP, not a tower defense for gold and XP, not bonus missions for gold and XP - I mean after you beat the game, you unlock an extra level where you can choose and Elemental Area for bonuses and fight in survivor mode until your Skylander is down,getting double experience and no gold.
For the huge amount of figures, they can't really expect of people to train all ~120 in the same way,or even the 40 ish that would be a more realistic number to think of the fanbase. You like playing as your favorites and the others will just collect dust after they're leveled; might as well make that painless.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
wild_defender Green Sparx Gems: 465
#3 Posted: 22:12:18 26/05/2015
I think this is part of the reason why they didn't increase the max level to 25 in trap team, they seem aware that maxing out your level is more difficult now.

I'm happy with the current system for experience though. It's already ridiculously easy to get money in recent games and fully upgrade. I don't want to see the same thing happen to experience.

It should be an achievement to actually max out your skylander. I don't know why everyone seems to want this to be easy. There's no point in even having upgrades and level increases if you can max them out an hour or 2 after you've bought a new character.
---
Anyone else think Short Cut should be making jokes about running with scissors?
Alphawolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1692
#4 Posted: 23:13:57 26/05/2015
i like the progression as it is, i focus 1 character until maxed leveled, then go to another one. in trap team i fought kaos with 2 characters at level 20, i only needed 1 ( wildfire). even on nightmare mode i only needed 1 skylander and 2 villains to beat him.

as far as the other figures not being played and collecting dust... well yea alot do but im also in this for collecting them all so that dose not really bug me.

xp is easy to come by as well in trap team. the others... not sure i havent played giants and SA yet but i have swapforce, havent found a good grind for xp there yet. but gold for sure is not an issue lol skydimond.
#5 Posted: 23:44:25 26/05/2015 | Topic Creator
In Spyro's Adventure we had the level Lair of Kaos (something like that) where any character could run through it maybe 2-3 times and level from one to ten in about a half hour, if it took you that long.

I can't recall a place in Giants or Swap Force where people went to grind, besides Brock's Arena/replaying campaign/pvp ringouts.
---
Unique Character roster:
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:47:05 26/05/2015 by ShinkenRed
#6 Posted: 23:52:11 26/05/2015
Lost City of Arkus is good in Giants,though I prefer Wilikin Village for the easy money,no idea about SF.
---
#7 Posted: 00:13:54 27/05/2015 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bifrost
Lost City of Arkus is good in Giants,though I prefer Wilikin Village for the easy money,no idea about SF.

I forgot about the Lost City segment. During Giants, I just went to the Kaos boss battle and grinded off of the mobs he continued to spawn. Not the fastest way by any means, but with minimal damage to Kaos, I could grind a few characters to max during a single battle.
---
Unique Character roster:
#8 Posted: 00:22:54 27/05/2015
Yeah, but that's good for multiple characters; I usually play as I get them so it's faster to run through the Lost City making a lot of experience from Trogmanders and Juggernauts than having the long puzzle sections in Bringing Order to Kaos - or worse, slipping and taking unecessary damage in the fire traps that are just about everywhere.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me