Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Site Polls > Favourite Upgrade Path: Deja Vu
Page 1 of 1

Favourite Upgrade Path: Deja Vu

Remember To Live Poll 41% (66)
Live to Remember Poll 21% (34)
Don't have her Poll 24% (38)
Never played Trap Team Poll 14% (22)
Favourite Upgrade Path: Deja Vu
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 13842
#1 Posted: 14:01:34 25/05/2015 | Topic Creator
Fragment Mode Freak wins out for Gearshift. Don't forget her, it's time for Deja Vu!

Both paths improve her Past Selves, just in different ways. The first path adds healing while the second adds freezing.

[User Posted Image] Remember To Live
Explosion Deja Vu Time Heals All Wounds Space-Time Duality
[User Posted Image] [User Posted Image] [User Posted Image]
When a Past Self explodes, the explosion is repeated 2 more times. When a Past Self takes damage, you are healed. Press (Square) to shoot 2 Space-Time Shots at once.
Live to Remember
Warp Field Past Self Paralysis Go Out With a Bang
[User Posted Image] [User Posted Image] [User Posted Image]
Shoot a Past Self to create a warp field, pulling enemies towards the Past Self. Past Selves do extra damage and freeze all nearby enemies. When a Past Self explodes or when you switch with it, releases Space-Time Shots.
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
spyrothe111 Ripto Gems: 3702
#2 Posted: 14:30:12 25/05/2015
Live to Remember.
TheShadowDragon Ripto Gems: 2886
#3 Posted: 14:35:43 25/05/2015
Both paths sound almost confusing. I guess I'll go with Remember to Live. No offense to anyone who likes Deja Vu. She does have a really cool outfit and mask, but her attacks are too weak.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:25:34 27/05/2015 by TheShadowDragon
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#4 Posted: 16:25:24 25/05/2015
I have both versions of Deja Vu, so I have both powers activated, but I cannot figure out how to use either properly. She's a very hard character to use and I voted for "Live to Remember" as it is slightly less annoying than the other.

OOH! I just noticed that the names of the attacks are the same but backwards. Clever!
---
Stay Cool!
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#5 Posted: 17:07:40 25/05/2015
Remember to live, mostly because of the triple explosion and the double time spheres.
Sworn2Skylands Yellow Sparx Gems: 1353
#6 Posted: 21:15:13 25/05/2015
On the boards, everyone always says: "Remember to Live" and disregards Live to Remember for one reason or another. While both paths are certainly good, Live to Remember is the greater path in my experience.

As it claims in the game, both paths improve Deja Vu's past selves. In practice, this isn't quite as true. Remember to Live is more focused on improving Deja Vu--After all, the Space Time Duality upgrade gives Deja Vu two shots, but doesn't apply to her past selves--and Time Heals All Wounds heals Deja Vu at the past self's expense. On the other hand, Live to Remember actually strengthens the base damage of the past self's shots(Through Past Self Paralysis, I checked) and gives the past self close range powers that slow enemies and keep them away from Deja Vu. As it is the case from the beginning, the past selves are what make Deja Vu strong, so it only makes sense to go with the path that strengthens them over Deja Vu.

Another thing I think no one takes into account is that while Time Heals All Wounds actually does restore Deja Vu's health, Warp Field and Past Self Paralysis can prevent damage by keeping enemies away from Deja Vu. It may rarely apply to projectile users who can stay away from the past self and still attack, but in practice, preventing 100+ damage that could have been done several times over on higher difficulty settings is better than recovering 30-40 HP in one summon from the past self getting hit a few times.

And on that note, Live to Remember also makes it easier to create more past selves after they expire. Warp Field and Past Self Paralysis won't stop everything, but in my experience, it slows enemies down and does a good enough job at keeping them at a range from Deja Vu so that (by the time the past self explodes), there aren't any enemies close to Deja Vu, and it's safe for Deja Vu to make another one right away. Conversely, Remember to Live actually makes it impossible to quickly bring out another past self because of Explosion Deja Vu. While the past self exploding three times may sound cool, it is actually redundant, and since the past self has no way to slow enemies on Remember to Live, it's easier for enemies to close in. There was nothing I hated more about a Remember to Live Deja Vu than having to wait for the stupid past self to stop exploding before I could call out another one. This always knocked me off rhythm, and I like it when I can just whip up another past self as soon as one goes. I don't want to have to wait.

Live to Remember was always a more dynamic fighting style that took advantage of Deja Vu's true strengths, so it wins my vote.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:08:25 26/05/2015 by Sworn2Skylands
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#7 Posted: 14:31:50 27/05/2015
This is one strange lady Skylander .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
Snap Shot Gold Sparx Gems: 2672
#8 Posted: 10:48:57 29/05/2015
Remember To Live but she is such a hard skylander to play with.
---
Croc and Roll smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
SkylandrPurists Emerald Sparx Gems: 3367
#9 Posted: 19:13:31 30/08/2015
Remember to Live
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:45:01 22/04/2016 by SkylandrPurists
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#10 Posted: 23:09:53 18/09/2015
Remember to Live . Never say no to healing
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me