darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Trap Team > 3DS Skylander Summoning - How does it work?
Page 1 of 1
3DS Skylander Summoning - How does it work?
TJRedeemer Blue Sparx Gems: 596
#1 Posted: 04:07:48 25/05/2015 | Topic Creator
I recently got the 3DS version of Trap Team. I like the game, but I can't help but feel a little befuddled about how summoning the Skylanders works in that game. I understand that you summon them once and they're in the game forever, and you can save the data by summoning it again, but I also play the game on the Xbox One, so how do I know what data is being saved/overwritten? Does it detect what the most recent version of the figure's data is? Does it just save the highest level on the toy?

Also, sorry if this post is hard to understand; as you can see I am very confused. If you need any more clarification I'd be happy to help.
ShinkenRed Gold Sparx Gems: 2651
#2 Posted: 04:19:12 25/05/2015
The games read what is currently on the figure. In the case of the 3DS games, the information is saved to the game file, which is then "patched" to the figure once you rescan the figure into the game. For example, if you scanned in a lvl 1 Spyro into the 3DS game and leveled him to 4, the toy would still be lvl 1 until you rescanned the figure into the 3DS.
---
Unique Character roster:
S:SA: 32/32, S:G: 16/16, S:SF: 32/32, S:TT: 36/36
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#3 Posted: 04:21:31 25/05/2015
When you sync a figure in the 3DS, it determines if the level/exp data in the game is higher than the level/exp data on the figure and updates the figure if the game's value is higher. It will never overwrite the figure with a lower level. It will also update the hat if changed. There is no gold in the 3DS version and skills are unlocked with levels, so that is never updated on the figure.

So basically the 3DS is this when you sync:

Figure is level 8, game says character is 10 -> figure gets set to 10
Figure is 10 and game says character is 8 -> figure stays 10

The console version keeps the figure up to date on the fly, their is never a sync issue with that.
Wolfgang Gold Sparx Gems: 2044
#4 Posted: 05:12:11 25/05/2015
One thing to note is that the 3DS games never care about a figure's stats aside from their Level, their current EXP value, and their hat.
---
♫Cheap smoke, risin' like a spirit in the- soft glow of a New York street.
No glamour or garb can hide the animal heart inside of me.♫
TJRedeemer Blue Sparx Gems: 596
#5 Posted: 06:15:03 25/05/2015 | Topic Creator
I had another question. If I reset the figure from the console version, and sync the figure to the 3DS version, would it's old data be restored, or would it reset to level 1 on the 3DS version as well?
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 13873
#6 Posted: 08:22:33 25/05/2015
Basically it just keeps a track of how much exp you have earned on 3DS since the last time you updated the toy. When you update the toy it adds that amount onto the figure regardless of how much exp the toy currently has.

So yes a reset would de-level the character on the 3DS game but if you still have unuploaded exp on the 3DS game it will upload that exp onto the toy. Meaning to fully reset a toy you should first upload it to the 3DS game to clear the counter, then reset it on console and finally upload it to the 3DS again.

Normal Example:
Toy with 2000 exp uploaded to 3DS
Earn 1000 exp on the 3DS
Earn 500 exp on console game
Upload toy with 2500 exp to the 3DS
Toy now has 3500 exp

Reset Example:
Toy with 2000 exp uploaded to 3DS
Earn 1000 exp on the 3DS
Reset toy in console game
Upload toy with 0 exp to the 3DS
Toy now has 1000 exp
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me