darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: SuperChargers > Everything we know about Skylanders: SuperChargers (20/09/2015)
First | Previous | Page 93 of 109 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 91 92 93 94 95 ... 107 108 109
Everything we know about Skylanders: SuperChargers (20/09/2015) [STICKY] [CLOSED]
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#4601 Posted: 20:49:47 27/08/2015
Quote: isaac343018s
You were half right, it's from this sunday to the next. It looks like its just a demo version of the game as it mentions "trying it before it comes out." The construction bit says to test your skills at repairing vehicles. There will also be a section for the little ones to "create the world of Skylands using play-doh"

That reminds me, is there a NYC pre-release party thing this year? I remember a Skylander Boy and Girl video where they went for Trap Team last year and it was basically the same thing with the little ones messing around with demos, play-doh, coloring, etc.
---
Stay Cool!
Darksteelforge Blue Sparx Gems: 692
#4602 Posted: 21:48:26 27/08/2015
Quote: Bifrost
Nope,they just mention Portal compatiblity. It might show up in the site update.

The compatibility chart wont give the Answers. It gave an x that it was not Backwards compatible when they were Backwards compatible and every game. They try to support the use of the characters between all the games, but characters that werent programmed in the older game (like a giant) in SSA wont work.
I was very curious if the mini's work Backwards as the normal character but they wont. A hijinx is not a hex. I think they will be Backwards compatible and you can do the money check on trap team for terrafin, but I think we will only know on the day of the release.
---
276 Skylanders. 6630 Heroic Challenges completed. So Cali now you have seen every different skylander complete all heroic challenges.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10038
#4603 Posted: 21:53:20 27/08/2015
Well,of course Hijinx is not a Hex,she's a Hijinx - but if you bring a Red Base Barkley to a previous game he registers as a Sidekick Barkley. Minis are different characters though most people don't consider them unique and they're on the same tab as their main universe counterparts on the site.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:54:30 27/08/2015 by Bifrost
Blink182Bouncer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1659
#4604 Posted: 23:04:43 27/08/2015
http://www.everybodyplays.co.u...ud-storage/2123
A lot of answers are given here
SuperChargers reposes won't work in past games, they say they "will value" giving vehicles functionality in future games.
---
Still Waiting For Legendary Tom DeLonge To Come In The Blink-182 Triple Pack.
WHY DID THEY MAKE MATT SKIBA "CALIFORNIA EDITION EXCLUSIVE"
#4605 Posted: 23:09:39 27/08/2015
Wow this didn't show up for me at all and I just did a filter check.

Quote:
We don't have a very specific one. When you look at the raw numbers, it always points to the Starter Pack characters, but that's not really the right way to look at it, because everybody gets that automatically, right?

Well at least they're aware of their own bias.

Also if +4-player online causes lag how in the world several other racing games do it with waaay more? e_e

Quote:
So, you're coming to a Supercharger gate - any Supercharger can access this. These gates are all different types of gameplay - some are similar to the giant areas of the past, some are similar to the special Elemental areas, generally more extensive though, and it's part of our enhancement for the play.

Might confirm what I noticed on the gate we saw where it had a bit of Tech influcence but not actually a zone.

Also bonus confirmed animal violence for the farm level:

But I like the idea of saying 'hey lets come up with a way that water can be used'. It's kind of fun if you have a fire Skylander, because there's a level [in Superchargers] with chickens in it, and if you zap the chickens with a fire element Skylander they'll turn into roast chickens, which in turn work as food and heal you.

I kid, I played oldschool Spyro,nothing brings me more joy than torching poor farm animals.But just in the series, I like my real animals alive.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:15:15 27/08/2015 by Bifrost
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#4606 Posted: 23:14:07 27/08/2015
An annoying choice but it makes sense after all and was kinda necessary.
So they do know Super Shot Stealth Elf's sales won't be indicative of her popularity.

That's nice.

I didn't want to be the first saying this but...
Remember who develops the online racing aspect.

Yep.
I'm expecting looooot of problems but at least it isn't the main game this time, right? smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#4607 Posted: 23:19:18 27/08/2015
But wow, did Guha Bala hear our ranting or something? He's actually using different words,for a second I thought they were interviewing that guy with the raspy voice because he's actually answering things.

Also different horn mods confirmed. There better be one with a sheep noise, I tell ya.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:21:03 27/08/2015 by Bifrost
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#4608 Posted: 23:19:29 27/08/2015
That chicken thing sounds like a direct reference to classic Spyro, which makes me happy.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#4609 Posted: 23:31:25 27/08/2015
Lot of good things (such as the elemental ideas) but good Eon... Lot of laughable ones too...

"We are aiming for diversity with popular characters, they cannot be the same ones for too much time"
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Sorry.
But Guha and possibly the whole V.V./Activision staff need to understand something: the revamped SuperChargers are not new characters.
I can accept it being said by forum members not by the developers who came up with them.

Aaaaaaand once again Nintendo is "where our customers are".
I understand if they don't want to support the Vita but they are still developing the game for PS4/3 and XBOX 360/ONE, right...? smilie

Oh and Soul Gems for the Skymiibos confirmed.

Almost forgot about the Cloud part!
That's really great news to me!
Seems like our figures will remain playable for a lot of games from now on. smilie

Really looking forward what they did with Gates and they definitely seem to have a couple aces up their sleeves for both the near and far future... smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:38:13 27/08/2015 by Drek95
skylandersspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3872
#4610 Posted: 23:36:23 27/08/2015
But wow, did Guha Bala hear our ranting or something? He's actually using different words,for a second I thought they were interviewing that guy with the raspy voice because he's actually answering things.

Also different horn mods confirmed. There better be one with a sheep noise, I tell ya.

I know...Suprising
---
Uh Uh Uh! You didn't say the magic word!
#4611 Posted: 23:36:40 27/08/2015
He also contradict himself by saying 'we can't tell who's the most popular' then they go and say they revamped specifically "popular" characters. Just go and say already you revamped whoever you wanted, better to say harsh truth than trample yourself dodging the subject. But eh can't complain too much on this, GB being in any way varied and entertaining is actually a welcome change.
But hey,with them talking specifically about looking like Giant gates,hopefully he means the big ones - I still go back to the Life gate in Rumbletown or the Undead one in Autogyro Adventure for being almost a good chunk of a level in themselves.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:40:28 27/08/2015 by Bifrost
#4612 Posted: 23:41:17 27/08/2015
Well the interviewer does mention Guha suddendly completely changed topic at one point though.

The wolf loses his hair but not his habit. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#4613 Posted: 23:49:16 27/08/2015
But on the topic of the new information, the farm level seems to be pretty long and full of content - we've seen it has an open Sky section, the shrinking/enlarging mechanic, now the chicken thing,and there's still where Chompy Garden(which is obviously based on this world) gets in all of this with the giant lilypad paths and stuff.
---
#4614 Posted: 00:36:37 28/08/2015
But on the topic of the new information, the farm level seems to be pretty long and full of content - we've seen it has an open Sky section, the shrinking/enlarging mechanic, now the chicken thing,and there's still where Chompy Garden(which is obviously based on this world) gets in all of this with the giant lilypad paths and stuff.

Well, there MIGHT be another track based on the stage. Not entirely sure though.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#4615 Posted: 00:39:18 28/08/2015
Whats going on? Can someone get me caught up? Lol

What I see were talking about stuff from Guha, Where is this from?
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
#4616 Posted: 00:40:52 28/08/2015
Quote: Luminous35

Bionichute posted an interview more up on the page.

In a word,Superchargers don't work in previous games(even reposes),you can kill chickens for fun and profit(actually health) in the farm level,and there are mods for the vehicles' horns.
---
#4617 Posted: 00:47:29 28/08/2015

Bionichute posted an interview more up on the page.

In a word,Superchargers don't work in previous games(even reposes),you can kill chickens for fun and profit(actually health) in the farm level,and there are mods for the vehicles' horns.

I didn't post it.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#4618 Posted: 00:53:05 28/08/2015
He also contradict himself by saying 'we can't tell who's the most popular' then they go and say they revamped specifically "popular" characters. Just go and say already you revamped whoever you wanted, better to say harsh truth than trample yourself dodging the subject. But eh can't complain too much on this, GB being in any way varied and entertaining is actually a welcome change.
But hey,with them talking specifically about looking like Giant gates,hopefully he means the big ones - I still go back to the Life gate in Rumbletown or the Undead one in Autogyro Adventure for being almost a good chunk of a level in themselves.

It goes like this: meeting at Activision Corporate...CEO comes in and say's "You're revamping Gill Grunt and Jet Vac...they sell the most...and that shark guy...Terrafin is it? Chop chop guys, my shareholders need the profits". And he walks out.

I seriously doubt corporate gives them THAT much free reign.

Any questions?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:53:39 28/08/2015 by TakeYourLemons
#4619 Posted: 00:57:45 28/08/2015
Jet-Vac definately doesn't sell the most,when it's not people mentioning him being shelf warmer it's people mentioning they only bought him to get Pet-Vac. Whirlwind and Scratch are another story though,especially since Scratch pretty much disappeared from stores because everyone's after her.
One could make an argument that they'll always sell some unlike other characters though. Newcomers see the promotional material with them in it, and will probably get those first before finding their true favorite. Safe choice as usual, not exactly the best one.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:59:11 28/08/2015 by Bifrost
HuskerfanChuck Yellow Sparx Gems: 1225
#4620 Posted: 00:58:53 28/08/2015
Which # post? It's got to be a ways back, not seeing anything on this page for interviews.
---
HuskerfanChuck

Repping the Light, Huskers, and Nebraska!
#4621 Posted: 00:59:49 28/08/2015
#4604, I mistook Blink182Bouncer for Bionichute,sorry guys.
---
#4622 Posted: 01:26:36 28/08/2015
I have a question.

Apparently according to BRR, The new Eon's Elites have a new move. Is this true? If so I'm getting ALL the Eon's Elite, Even if I'm getting most of them already just want to make sure.
---
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#4623 Posted: 01:33:26 28/08/2015
Quote: TakeYourLemons
It goes like this: meeting at Activision Corporate...CEO comes in and say's "You're revamping Gill Grunt and Jet Vac...they sell the most...and that shark guy...Terrafin is it? Chop chop guys, my shareholders need the profits". And he walks out.

Oh no! Don't say "Chop chop guys" or we'd get a repose of him too! I wouldn't be able to hold back my rage that they overlooked Hex for a reimagining. smilie
---
Stay Cool!
#4624 Posted: 01:54:52 28/08/2015
I wish they gave Chop Chop a reimagining. Or Ghost Roaster.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#4625 Posted: 02:49:29 28/08/2015
Jet-Vac definately doesn't sell the most,when it's not people mentioning him being shelf warmer it's people mentioning they only bought him to get Pet-Vac. Whirlwind and Scratch are another story though,especially since Scratch pretty much disappeared from stores because everyone's after her.
One could make an argument that they'll always sell some unlike other characters though. Newcomers see the promotional material with them in it, and will probably get those first before finding their true favorite. Safe choice as usual, not exactly the best one.

Then someone needs to step off their go go juice box...it might be tainted. Giants had 3 versions of him ALONE...Swap Force had one...two minis in Trap Team....and now a re-imaging. I'm sure they do it because they just REALLY REALLY think he has a cool British accent. smilie

Anyway, whatever the reason is, I feel like it's Groundhog Day, and nothing I can do can prevent the onslaught of Jet Vacs. Oh the horror.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:50:40 28/08/2015 by TakeYourLemons
#4626 Posted: 03:49:30 28/08/2015
Personally, I like Gill Grunt way better than Jet-Vac. Gill Grunt at least has an interesting design, Jet-Vac is just bleh.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
juarmo Blue Sparx Gems: 749
#4627 Posted: 09:05:27 28/08/2015

But I like the idea of saying 'hey lets come up with a way that water can be used'. It's kind of fun if you have a fire Skylander, because there's a level [in Superchargers] with chickens in it, and if you zap the chickens with a fire element Skylander they'll turn into roast chickens, which in turn work as food and heal you.

I kid, I played oldschool Spyro,nothing brings me more joy than torching poor farm animals.But just in the series, I like my real animals alive.

We'll just call it livestock, since Dragons LOVED to swoop down and steal livestock in the medieval myths.

It took me a while before I remembered that "A Hero's Tail" falls under old-school, and that the farm animals you were talking about were Fodder, which predominantly came in the form of Sheep iirc.

I just hope you can do it with Spyro's Fire Breath too, because if not I'mma be upset; It'd be just like how with Rotting Robbies you have to "Kill it with fire!", but Spyro's breath qualifies, as does canonfire, but Spyro's breath qualifies despite not being a Fire-Element, same with how it reacts to sheep.

And likewise, Drill Sergeant can dig without a pickaxe or being Earth Element, and Double trouble and Stump Smash can cross water without being Water element or able to fly. And Prism Break is the ONLY character whose laser attacks can break a Tzo Crystal without a Bomb. (which reminds me, can we still tear down bombable walls with Giants in Trap Team? I never tried, and I'm away from home atm)
---
My dream in life is to steamroll Skylanders Imaginators on Nightmare difficulty with only a Level 60 Sir Hoodington with maximum Fire Elemental Power
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:17:41 28/08/2015 by juarmo
#4628 Posted: 10:03:31 28/08/2015
I have a question.

Apparently according to BRR, The new Eon's Elites have a new move. Is this true? If so I'm getting ALL the Eon's Elite, Even if I'm getting most of them already just want to make sure.

According to WHO?
---
My dream in life is to steamroll Skylanders Imaginators on Nightmare difficulty with only a Level 60 Sir Hoodington with maximum Fire Elemental Power
#4629 Posted: 10:26:54 28/08/2015
Quote: juarmo

We'll just call it livestock, since Dragons LOVED to swoop down and steal livestock in the medieval myths.

It took me a while before I remembered that "A Hero's Tail" falls under old-school, and that the farm animals you were talking about were Fodder, which predominantly came in the form of Sheep iirc.

I just hope you can do it with Spyro's Fire Breath too, because if not I'mma be upset; It'd be just like how with Rotting Robbies you have to "Kill it with fire!", but Spyro's breath qualifies, as does canonfire, but Spyro's breath qualifies despite not being a Fire-Element, same with how it reacts to sheep.

And likewise, Drill Sergeant can dig without a pickaxe or being Earth Element, and Double trouble and Stump Smash can cross water without being Water element or able to fly. And Prism Break is the ONLY character whose laser attacks can break a Tzo Crystal without a Bomb. (which reminds me, can we still tear down bombable walls with Giants in Trap Team? I never tried, and I'm away from home atm)

Those were all great features which got lost over the years... But from what they said it seems like we might be getting back on that route.

Really high hopes regarding this both for SuperChargers and the future. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8257
#4630 Posted: 10:34:44 28/08/2015

Actually, Whirlwind and Crusher could break them as well.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Qcumber Yellow Sparx Gems: 1054
#4631 Posted: 10:41:11 28/08/2015
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

And Flashwing.
---
You can't handle MEMES
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8257
#4632 Posted: 10:47:50 28/08/2015
Thank you! I knew I was for getting some one.

But at the time of SSA, Prism Break and Whirlwind would break the crystals.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3511
#4633 Posted: 12:30:09 28/08/2015
I heard we're getting the 3DS gameplay either today or tomorrow. Does anyone know for sure which day it is?
#4634 Posted: 12:31:05 28/08/2015
The day the PAX will start.
There might be a small delay before we get the footage however.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#4635 Posted: 12:32:12 28/08/2015
Quote: TrapShadowFan
I heard we're getting the 3DS gameplay either today or tomorrow. Does anyone know for sure which day it is?

It's either :U It depends on youtubers or users showing up to talk about them today or tomorrow, but iirc PAX Prime opens today(checking the site, 10am on whatever timezone Seattle is).

But GameXplain is usually quick on uploading the new news,so we might have some stuff tonight already.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 12:33:52 28/08/2015 by Bifrost
SilverWolf2308 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1148
#4636 Posted: 12:38:06 28/08/2015
The Australian EB Expo has Frightful Fiesta as the Skylander Booth Gift for playing the game.
---
Instagram: SilverWolf2308 https://instagram.com/silverwolf2308
YouTube: SilverWolf2308 https://www.youtube.com/user/SilverWolf2308
#4637 Posted: 12:50:25 28/08/2015
What.Well, at least his variant will be guaranteed regardless of stock. But unlike Love Potion Pop Fizz I can't choose the cheaper one(seriously he was cheaper than regular PF on ebay) because I really like his regular palette. smilie

Checking Gamespot for stuff the filter might've missed, no videos of the game yet but some AAA titles are already getting a few. I'll have a busy afternoon today and you can bet I'll miss it when it shows up though.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:50:38 28/08/2015 by Bifrost
#4638 Posted: 13:13:24 28/08/2015
Quote: Qcumber
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

And Flashwing.

I forgot that there were Tzo Crystals in Giants... Is that where they got their names?
I just started replaying the old games...
A lil closer to release, I'mma do a marathon (last 3 days, I'll do SSA day 1, Giants Day 2, SWAP Force Day 3, and Trap Team on day of. [I won't receive Superchargers until the 21st.. Stupid Amazon])
---
#4639 Posted: 13:19:09 28/08/2015
Wow,why didn't ANYONE mention this before?

A new article mentioned that you have Sonic Riders-y drifting replacing the dive button in Land racing. For those that don't know,you slow down as you slide down the curve, but if you let go before you stop entirely you get a speed boost.
The Sky function is the barrel roll(actually an aileron roll), but everyone else just said that in Land you could drift a bit,not that it had any good use.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:21:17 28/08/2015 by Bifrost
#4640 Posted: 13:20:20 28/08/2015
Quote: TrapShadowFan

It's either :U It depends on youtubers or users showing up to talk about them today or tomorrow, but iirc PAX Prime opens today(checking the site, 10am on whatever timezone Seattle is).

But GameXplain is usually quick on uploading the new news,so we might have some stuff tonight already.

Seattle's in my Time Zone (sometimes it pays to live in Cali... other times... well, lets just say it sucks to live close to the beach as a gamer... Everyone expects you to WANT to go... I want to move to Reno to get away from it all smilie ), so 10 am is 3 hours and 40 minutes from now smilie And it's Friday in the states... (gotta remember the International Date Line) Does it start on Friday?
P.S.: in the next two weeks, I'm going to get enough pre-owned figures, courtesy of Gamestop's B2G3 deal, to get the remaining heroics unlocked for SA compatible characters smilie
---
#4641 Posted: 13:22:02 28/08/2015
It starts today, though it doesn't specify in the site if the Nintendo of America booth will be open from day one, but it's usually like that.
---
#4642 Posted: 14:39:37 28/08/2015
Wow,why didn't ANYONE mention this before?

A new article mentioned that you have Sonic Riders-y drifting replacing the dive button in Land racing. For those that don't know,you slow down as you slide down the curve, but if you let go before you stop entirely you get a speed boost.
The Sky function is the barrel roll(actually an aileron roll), but everyone else just said that in Land you could drift a bit,not that it had any good use.

Actually, drifting to boost like that was introduced in Mario Kart, and I think Skydad mentioned it, and showcased it in one of his vids. I'm fairly certain that people simply associate drifting with boosts in racing games now, which is why no one mentions it.
---
#4643 Posted: 15:03:48 28/08/2015
Well I haven't played MK in years so Riders was my best reference, thanks for the clarification.
---
#4644 Posted: 16:16:31 28/08/2015
I'm excited for this GameXplain thing. I really want to see some new characters!
---
#4645 Posted: 16:18:30 28/08/2015
Keep in mind they tend to post bad quality footage first, since the easiest one to upload is recording themselves with a phone or camera on the booth.

Darn the bait and switch. A new interview showed up on youtube, but it's from Gamescon. A month late there,guys!
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:05:51 28/08/2015 by Bifrost
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#4646 Posted: 17:26:06 28/08/2015
Pretty sure this means nothing, but the Skylanders Twitter is currently doing another "Twitter takeover" thing, like they did last year, but with Bowser instead of Kaos. Basically, they're making Tweets sounding like Bowser and replying to/retweeting messages. If any younger users wanna goof off with that, be my guest. Dunno why they're doing it so early.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
ShadowStorm Yellow Sparx Gems: 1461
#4647 Posted: 17:28:48 28/08/2015
They better show some potential information. And not just things we know already.. Well they show 3DS footage.. Sooo I guess that's new.
---
Discord: ShaOriDow#6720
#4648 Posted: 18:32:15 28/08/2015
I hope they show some characters.
---
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#4649 Posted: 18:33:11 28/08/2015

Has this been seen?
---
#4650 Posted: 18:34:43 28/08/2015
Nope, good catch, wreckingballbob! I'll give a look later, super busy as I said.

(Gave a quick look though, I spot Sun Runner!)
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:40:34 28/08/2015 by Bifrost
First | Previous | Page 93 of 109 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 91 92 93 94 95 ... 107 108 109

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me